It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

Well , the dictionary , may, or may not, agree with >>TPTB>TPTB

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xzorter
reply to post by TedHodgson

Assange has set himself up as the biggest traitor in American history.The quality of life he can expect for the rest of his life in my opinion has been reduced to a mere existence of flesh, and once anyone can begin to prove that information he leaked has led to death will seal his fate as wort in human history.

For him to be a traitor he has to be an American first, He's Australian. You cant call him a traitor anymore then you can charge him with treason. He's not american so those charges wont hold.

They only way they will silence him is to assasinate him under the guise of a terrorist. But as we all know, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by C64Warrior

Well spotted!!
more

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by TedHodgson

I believe we're getting the watered down leaks, all along, the worse ones are withheld if they leave him alone.

I suspect that what is being withheld are the names of undercover operatives and not some embarrassing or damning knowledge of actions. I think Wikileaks would release anything that might expose some treachery on the part of governments, but they have made efforts until now to keep named individuals' lives from being at stake. There would be no leak value in him releasing a list of spies, for instance. We all know there are spies...identifying them would simply get some of them killed.

So it would make sense for him to withhold that information and threaten to disclose it as a dead-man's switch.

I just wish he would threaten to release the password to the file if the US government passes any laws censoring or tightening control on the internet. It seems that has been the result of past leaks...a proposed internet kill switch, recent take-downs of DNS information, etc. The US internet is looking more and more like the Chinese internet every day, except the Chinese government will never lock down pirated music, movie, and software exchanges....so its even more restrictive in the US than in China. I never thought we'd reach that point...but its nearing if not already here.

link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Ok normally im allright with julian assange but this statement has taken the biscuit, and he actually said it.
Hes gone from been disliked by the goverment to public'ly announcing that he will release damaging secrets if they try to arrest him, Now somebody correct me if im wrong but in the eyes of the american goverment sounds like a terrorist remark to me, and we all know america doesnt negotiate with terrorists, In my oppinion hes put himself right in it there! Silly Assange..

Im not saying he should be arrested as a terrorist, to state that is to take my remarks completely out of context, just like the american goverment WILL DO with assange's remark, what im trying to say is that him saying such things will be in the american goverments eyes another reason why he should be stopped

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content, to justify

edit on 5/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content to justify post

I think we should arrest anyone that releases embarrassing or disturbing State secrets.

link   
Insurance?
Poison Pill of damaging secrets?

It'd be interesting if Assange had some 9/11 information regarding it being an inside job or not. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 5-12-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe this is the only way to protect himself in some cases, and now he is really in danger ,he has no way out except keeping doing this ...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You gotta love it anytime Nazi-Germany is brought up. Iam simply saying that when an individual exposes state information that was intended to be private that is seriously wrong.Voting can change the people governing if you don't trust them to make decisions on what is important not to expose.Name for me one (1) won, piece of freedom or right that the gov. Has taken from you in the last fifty years.ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Is it just me that thinks that he is bluffing about the 100K files to be released after he is shut down?

Am I alone in this thought?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's a surprise that he's not dead already. In a way, he is holding America and her allies hostage to protect himself and the website. He's not doing anything a halfway decent James Bond villain wouldn't do in that situation... if I were him, I would release the information anyway and watch the as world burned.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
He is an intellgent man, i must admit. Has almost every angle figured out. I am somewhat aware of this "pill of damaging secrets" if it is what i think it is, then boy is he ever right.

A secret so damaging he is waiting for the right moment to show it to the people, that you the people (and especilly ufo believers) are being lied to. ALways have, indoctrine children into believeing the same as thier fathers.

The sins of the father shall be cast down to his son. That is the way our leaders are trying to bring, so let us bring our new order.

A new world order, where corruption doesnt exist, where justice is sevred no matter how rich or powerful you are, there is no hiding after you sin. We will bring balance.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I suggest everyone downloads the insurance file!

But it could be a computer virus that destorys the internet! (my speculative imagination

edit on 12/5/2010 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by C64Warrior

But when Wikileaks releases documents, which prove whats really going on, the majority here seems to support the US government. Thats even worse than Nazi germany, where the majority joined the movement based on fear. Here many of you volunteer!

you mean when wikileaks release a document which proves whats really going on. nothing released has caused an out cry so far in terms of changing anything, it's just all stuff that most people suspected anyway.

to think that if you have bad words to say about wikileaks it's because your supporting the u.s. government etc is wrong. there are two faces, two sides that are possible here, not being aware or taking on board the fact that people could well be being fooled is just as dangerous.

from the leaks released so far it is hard to tell if he is doing it for 'freedom' or to further the downward spiral of it whilst causing tensions between nations. is he for the people or a chess piece for the PTB. that is the question, and will be untill such a leak surfaces that sways it one way or the other.

remember the mainstream media(main T.V. news channels) are all over this and quite happy to report on it, why? are they unable to ignore this information? or is it a part of the programming? a part of the agenda.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

You are correct,of course. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Okay... some of you may think this is wildly off-topic, but Dr. Steven Greer has revealed top-secret documents from high-level sources as well, that relate to alternative energy technologies and what is called the UFO phenomenon.

Earlier this year The Orion Project received more high-level harassment regarding their (The Orion Project) attempt to work with certain scientists to create alternative energy technology to disclose to the public. Within this group and those that follow it, it was a really big deal and Dr. Greer also used the tactic to reveal accumulated information on top secret codenames, named individuals involved and addresses etc etc all in a document that would be made available online and to the media in the event that The Orion Project or Dr. Greer would be taken out in some legal action or murdered. This is a classic move. He revealed this all online as well:

www.archive.org...

By the way, I have the Insurance File from Assange myself, so if anything happens his WikiLeaks supporters who already have the password will send it out on the main website and the thousands of WikiLeaks mirror-sites.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by C64Warrior
But when Wikileaks releases documents, which prove whats really going on, the majority here seems to support the US government. Thats even worse than Nazi germany, where the majority joined the movement based on fear. Here many of you volunteer!

WTF?

you mean when wikileaks release a document which proves whats really going on. nothing released has caused an out cry so far in terms of changing anything, it's just all stuff that most people suspected anyway.

Right.

What I've noticed is that in fact the evidence shows that the U.S. state department and government apparatus does not act like the simultaneously omnipotent and incompetent caricature of anti-USA propagandists. It's working in a difficult environment to advance the interests of the US and its allies and trying to find information, but usually (not always) about as honorable as one might expect in the circumstances. (which I admit is a mediocre standard). And that democratic countries work the same way though they do have authentic differences in opinion.

Despotic countries are more likely to tell insiders different things than they tell their own population.

edit on 5-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Also, sorry to take up so much room with links in this reply, but here is a list of WikiLeaks mirror sites. We all know that the main site was taken out the other day, which was widely reported in the media.

--

WikiLeaks Mirrors as of dec 5th 2010

freie-re.de...
wikileaks.terrax.info...
www.powned.tv...
wikileaks.info...
digitalevuilnisman.nl...
wikileaks.2600nl.net...
mirror.infoboj.eu...
wikileaks.piratenpartei.de...
wikileaks.piratskapartija.com...
wikileaks.teoriza.org...
wikileaks.whistleblowerschutz.de...
informationsbefreier.de...
wikileaks.dhumes.com...
wikileaks.dd19.de...
wl.04u.nl...
www.cu2.nl...
wikileaks.indymedia.org...
wikileaks.lalistadesinde.net...
wikileaks.insertco.in...
wikileaks.rickbradley.com...
wikileaks.ultramegaman.com...
wikileaks.realprogrammer.org...
wikileaks.high-color.de...
www.wikileaks.nl...
www.wuala.com...
wikileaks.sebbcn.net...
wi.kileaks.com...
wikileaks.fonolog.com...
leaks.wwwouter.nl...
leaks.be...
www.afgetapt.nl...
wikileaks.rorbuilder.info...
www.wikileaks.comiendolimones.com...
wikileaks.hermanuscoenradistraat.nl...
wikileaks.hermanuscoenradistraat16.nl...
wikileaks.zipped.in...
wikileaks.lalistadesinde.net...
wikileaks.iz.rs...
wikileaks.freedomofspee.ch...
openstream.nl...
www.atariprofibuch.de...
wikileaks.sebastianbartsch.eu...
mirror.sebastianbartsch.eu...
leakmirror.users.anapnea.net...
wikileaks.renout.nl...
wikileaks.outofsin.com...
wikileaks.outofsin.es...
wikileaks.servehttp.com...
wikileaks.pl...
88.80.13.160.nyud.net...
wikileaks.piraten-lsa.de...
ljsf.org...
120310wl.frezeb.webfactional.com...
wikileaks.majcenic.info...
mirror.sebastianbartsch.de... (user/pass: guest)
wikileaks.opperschaap.net...
wikileaks.juridische.info...
wikileaks.lu...
wikileaks.bastianhaas.de...
wikileaks.virtadpt.net...
mirrorleaks.org...
www.wikileaks.fi...
wikileaks.littledrummerboy.info...
wikileaks.countdown4me.com...
wikileaks.no-ip.co.uk...
www.roborobo.info...
likiweaks.com...
wikileaks.eu...
wikileaks.cx...

Cablegate

cablegate.pirate-streaming.net...
www.passion4rock.com...
cablegate.failar.nu...
cablegate.wikileaks.lu...
freie-re.de...

Tor Hidden Service

6nst4qcscq6y4zrg.onion...
suw74isz7qqzpmgu.onion...

I2P

As far as I see it, there are currently no I2P-sites which are mirroring Wikileaks.
Another mirror listings

www.legitgov.org...
wikileaks.info...
wikileaksmirror.tumblr.com...
ietherpad.com...
etherpad.mozilla.org:9000...
@wikileaksmirror

anonymitaet-im-inter.net...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join