It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

Hey, you know what? I would too.

Period.

If he's the real deal and the information is true and accurate...rules, NWO, and the USA be damned.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

The US can only charge US citizens with treason to my knowledge.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

He's got them in a CHECKMATE position.

They can't win! The game's finished! They just gotta give up and be held accountable for their actions.

Exactly what King is Assange in a position to check mate? Last time I played Chess, checkmate means the game is over.

The world isn't over...

Sorry but release cables is nothing to the powers of the world, you might think its real but in the end nothing is going to change from wiki leaks.

This isn't anything other than distraction.

I suggest a different analogy in the future.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

He has in some ways become a revolutionary, I applaud the man, it would take anyone a huge amount of bravery or stupifity (of course it isnt the latter) To take on the USA or the Cleggoron combined english goverment

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by umop apisdn

The US can only charge US citizens with treason to my knowledge.

That is not correct. One can be an accomplice to a crime without committing it personally. Manning committed the crime and Assange assisted. They are both guilty.

When one joins a conspiracy, they adopt all prior actions of the co-conspirators, as their own, even after the fact. They then become primary in the offense and are as culpable as the primary actors.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Nite_wing because: clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I was under the impression that treason was the betrayal of one's sovereign nation. I don't believe he owes US any allegiance.

There is an exception for foreigners residing in the US.
edit on 5-12-2010 by umop apisdn because: additional info; clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I understand Assange wanting to defend himself and insure his safety, but i'm afraid this may be "pandora's box".

This whole thing is like two monkeys throwing poo...it's not going to solve anything and there's gonna be a lot of sh*t to clean up!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

"We are a democracy, and there is only one way to get a democracy on its feet in the matter of its individual, its social, its municipal, its State, its National conduct, and that is by keeping the public informed about what is going on. There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away." Joseph Pulitzer

I cannot speak to the veracity of WikiLeaks, but the way in which the media has handled the information - virtually in lock step with the Orwellian talking points - has even a jaded individual like myself raising an eye-brow.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

LOL!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

He has in some ways become a revolutionary, I applaud the man..

Applaud him on what exactly? He isn't the truth seeker that every one seems deem to call him.

Does shifting through truth and releasing what you think is relevant to the world then hiding the rest in a "poison pill" torrent seem like a truth seeker to you?

Why did Assange claim that 9/11 isn't news worthy? Why would he with hold all the information pertaining to such history, if he wanted the truth set free?

I really don't see how this is anything other than distraction and yes I have said it many times, because he hasn't changed a single thing.

You don't place a torrent file on the internet as "insurance" if something happens to you, unless your blackmailing someone.

And such is Assange's actions, thereby discrediting himself by hiding the real information that should be released if he was such a man as you describe that deserves applause.

Hiding the truth, he is doing the same thing as ever government in the world, bold face hiding of the real words of truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Terrorists are only the people who want to stop you. If you're evil, the terrorist is not.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Well.. Then the eyes of the american government is covered by rose coloured glasses. It fails to see it's own terrorist activities in the first place. So much for calling another person a terrorist. ( wouldn't blame the government as a whole , but certain individuals who did so )

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
He is in possession of Confidential documents which is illegal.

He is releasing the Confidential documents to the public which is illegal.

He is "BLACKMAILING" the government to leave him alone or he will release these terrible reports.
(Black mail is illegal)

And nobody thinks he is doing anything wrong..... I don't understand people.

Yes, I know the government lies to us and always has but just because everyone wants to read all these juicy tidbits of information don't make what he is doing right.

A lot of you guys thing he is going to release super secret documents saying we have aliens in area 51 or something or that total disclosure is going to happen.....please.

People need to stop living in a fantasy world and quit being so selfish and see what all these "leaks" are going to do to relations with other countries.

It's like when your wife looks fat in those jeans and you lie and say she don't....but then somebody gets your email letter you wrote to someone saying how fat she looks in the jeans and promises to release it to her....or

I am robbing a bank and get caught and then tell then they better not arrest me or I am going to set off a bomb somewhere.... What's the difference?

The guy is a criminal........period!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hi OP and All,

Here's the deal. There's so much control of the media, there's little to none at wikileaks. All governments everywhere want to silence truths, silence people.

This guys' stood out and said no. Certainly, the west and possibly the majority of it's people want not to have divulged -- secrets that can disturb or increasingly disturb relations with other Countries.

But isn't that the paradox? Suppose it's just a matter of time Germany, France, Russia, Pakistan, India and other mega missiles has a whistle blower to such sites.

Decoy

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Originally posted by Valdestine
"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

and what counts as a terroist these days? Someone who has your oil? or someone who threatens to disrupt the way you live, its not my oppinion its the way the goverment thinks.

lol How does he threaten the way you live? You are lied to and deceived. You like to live lied to and decieved?
So he threatens how politicians live? They lie and deceive. You are worried he is disrupting that? lmao You should spend a little time questioning your assertions.
edit on 12/5/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
He is in possession of Confidential documents which is illegal.

He is releasing the Confidential documents to the public which is illegal.

He is "BLACKMAILING" the government to leave him alone or he will release these terrible reports.
(Black mail is illegal)

And nobody thinks he is doing anything wrong..... I don't understand people.

Yes, I know the government lies to us and always has but just because everyone wants to read all these juicy tidbits of information don't make what he is doing right.

A lot of you guys thing he is going to release super secret documents saying we have aliens in area 51 or something or that total disclosure is going to happen.....please.

People need to stop living in a fantasy world and quit being so selfish and see what all these "leaks" are going to do to relations with other countries.

It's like when your wife looks fat in those jeans and you lie and say she don't....but then somebody gets your email letter you wrote to someone saying how fat she looks in the jeans and promises to release it to her....or

I am robbing a bank and get caught and then tell then they better not arrest me or I am going to set off a bomb somewhere.... What's the difference?

The guy is a criminal........period!

Clearly it doesnt bother this person that the american government has been doing a little illegal activity of its own. Please do tell me. Which is worse, an entier goverment commiting crimes against humaity, or someone finding it out and providing the proof?

Spying on Heads of Nato - ILLEGAL
Gathering biometric data on world leaders without thier consent - ILLEGAL
Mass murder via bombing on innocent civilians - INSAINITY!
Falsifying parental test to obtain said biometric data - ILLEGAL

Thats just from the first 250 odd pages released so far...... lets see what the other 249,750 pages say. If you honestly think that release thease documents will in some way harm innocent people then please feel free to share your opinions on it. But dont call the guy a criminal untill you have actuly LOOKED at the documents release so far.

Originally posted by mwood

The difference is he didn't steal anything in the first instance, the information was given to him and the person responsible for that is already being detained, and secondly he's not threatening to kill anyone.

You seem to think that all the people that are pro wikileaks are living in a fantasy world? If you think the american government is sqeeky clean and has nothing to hide then its you my friend thats in the fantasy world. What is it they say, ignorence is bliss?

edit on 5-12-2010 by Jademonkey2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Assange has set himself up as the biggest traitor in American history.The quality of life he can expect for the rest of his life in my opinion has been reduced to a mere existence of flesh, and once anyone can begin to prove that information he leaked has led to death will seal his fate as wort in human history.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am really surprised about the folks posting here. The last months I would have called ATS a political website. Most top topics are related to your government and how evil they are. More and more threads about political issues, fears about losing more freedom, stupid laws and so on...

But when Wikileaks releases documents, which prove whats really going on, the majority here seems to support the US government. Thats even worse than Nazi germany, where the majority joined the movement based on fear. Here many of you volunteer!

Don't complain when you guys get arrested for whatever reason your government chose and tell you didn't knew or not have been warned.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The way i see it for Assange, its like an elastic band. You can stretch it but one day its gonna break.
edit on 5-12-2010 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Good for Assange, I'm glad hes getting his ducks in a row..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join