It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia was ready to go into Pakistan- Wikileak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Kevin Rudd was 'ready to go into Pakistan' to support US

www.heraldsun.com.au...

KEVIN Rudd made a secret offer to the United States to send Australian troops into Pakistan, according to confidential documents released by WikiLeaks.

The former Prime Minister also urged China to make a deal with the exiled Dalai Lama and described China as being "paranoid" about Taiwan and Tibet.

He also warned there might be the need to "deploy force" against China if attempts to integrate it into the international community failed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-12-2010 by DC449 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Dont know if this is posted any where.
Need to deploy force against china? Thank god he isint the PM anymore. I would hate to see the outcome if we used force against china! Also going to send troops into Pakistan? How much of this is true? I dont see why wikileaks would make up this stuff though. What are your thoughts?

edit on 5-12-2010 by DC449 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A nation of, what 20,000,000 or so is going to threaten huge nuclear nations like China and Pakistan? Was Rudd an idiot? I mean sure, he thought the US would go in also but little nations getting caught between titans tend to get crushed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hmmm- maybe all the Aussies on this site who constantly bash America for being some war-mongering blood-crazed nation will look in the mirror......

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It worries me that people like this hold/held positions of power around the globe.

I wonder how China would have reacted to Pakistan being invaded, considering this was said earlier this year?

China: 'Pakistan is our Israel'
edit on 5/12/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Hmmm- maybe all the Aussies on this site who constantly bash America for being some war-mongering blood-crazed nation will look in the mirror......

The difference being, Australians wouldn't go into wars like that. You "people" would.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by allthegoodusernamestaken

Would you have been given a choice? What about in response to a Pakistani backed terror attack on the Sydney Opera house or something?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by allthegoodusernamestaken

Would you have been given a choice? What about in response to a Pakistani backed terror attack on the Sydney Opera house or something?

Ask an Australian.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I can't see it sitting well with the Australian public. One day we're allies with Pakistan and playing cricket against them. Next day we're at war.

No I can't see that going down well at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I can totally envisage Rudd saying these things, and I don't think Julia Gillard (Current Australian Prime Minister) would bat an eyelid at it either.
Aussie politicians have mastered the art of brown nosing foreign dignitaries. I mean Rudd was the guy who saluted George Bush, also a great buddy to other former PM John Howard.
The whole thing reeks, but I don't doubt it for a second. Aussie politicians really are that toolish, and it has been a bloody long time since they really represented the interests of Australians.

Last Thursday, Prime Minister Julia Gillard condemned the leaking of 250,000 classified documents on the Wikileaks website as "illegal" and "grossly irresponsible", while Attorney-General Robert McCLelland on Saturday promised to support any law enforcement measures taken against founder Julian Assange. Australian Lawyers for Human Rights president Stephen Keim says accusations of criminal law breaches levelled at Assange undermine free speech principles. "Although the Attorney-General is entitled to disagree with - even protest - the actions taken, it is a particularly objectionable misuse of political hyperbole in these circumstances to make sweeping allegations of illegality," Mr Keim said.

Full article here
edit on 5-12-2010 by ilandrah because: To add news quote

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It wouldn't happen in my country (Australia). Aussies just wouldn't put up with that crap. It irks us enough to be losing our boys in the name if American Empire Building.

IRM

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So if Aussies looked in the mirror they would see Rudd?

Because of former PM wanted to invade that condemns the entire country?

That makes absolutely very little sense, especially without even knowing how the Australian people would react since this never happened.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I personally wouldn't dare bash America for any reason in fear of being labeled anti-American. Boy I hate that term, here in OZ we have a similar term un-Australian which is just as loathsome imo. People who use those terms are usually on the loosing end of an argument. sigh.......

Back on topic, I'm not that surprised the Ruddstar would urge force against china. I remember his speech about human rights in China, in their language. I recall the Chinese weren't too happy with that

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Kevin Rudd responds to leak

FOREIGN Minister Kevin Rudd has addressed the media in the wake of a leaked diplomatic cable, but has refused to comment on the "content or accuracy" of the document. He described Australia's relationship with China as "robust" and said "sometimes there are agreements and sometimes there are disagreements."
"At the same time we've also been very plain with our Chinese friends that when we have a disagreement that we will make that disagreement very plain."
Mr Rudd told gathered reporters that the rise of China presents new challenges and opportunities to other countries, as the "centre of strategic gravity in the world" heads from Europe to Asia in the 21st Century, but that difficulties are dealt with as they happen.
"The business of diplomacy is not just to roll over and have your tummy tickled from time to time", he said.

It's interesting to note that the opposition is taking a more measured stance - wonder how they'll react when some of John Howards cables come up though.

Others are also speaking out on Assange's behalf. Quote below from this article

Australian Lawyers for Human Rights president Stephen Keim says accusations of criminal law breaches levelled at Assange undermine free speech principles. "Although the Attorney-General is entitled to disagree with - even protest - the actions taken, it is a particularly objectionable misuse of political hyperbole in these circumstances to make sweeping allegations of illegality," Mr Keim said.
"It involves a degree of intimidation that is likely to (and appears intended to) deter others from engaging in serious political debate on the possibility that it may offend those who hold the machinery of power."
Mr Keim criticised the Australian government's defence of Swedish prosecutors and its lack of protest over "what may well be misuse of sexual assault allegations by Swedish prosecutors for political reasons".
Instead, he said, "the government should be insisting that prosecutorial actions taken against Australian citizens should meet the highest standards of probity and objectivity".
The human rights lawyer said the government should not even consider cancelling Assange's passport.

edit on 6-12-2010 by ilandrah because: Additional news story

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i think what some here are not understanding is that i dont beleuve Rudd was reffering to the entire Australian military going into Pakistan. Im pretty certain he would have been reffering to our SAS soldiers being sent in to do the ground work before any major US assault, as was the case with both Iraq and Afghanistan, the aussies were there a few months before actual publicly announced action started to take place with the regular troops.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Aussie SAS is already in Pakistan.

And Julia wouldnt stray from Rudds comments either.

remember, the aussies were the ones that deactivated the scud bases in iraq prior to invasion to save israels butt.

they also saved the yank butts many times in afghanistan by calling in air raids on specific enemy targets when the yanks were getting ambusged in operatioon anaconda i beleive specifically.

Aussie SAS does the dirty work for the yank special forces from what ive been told.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is that not really the title of that article?

Australia-China relationship still strong, says Kevin Rudd

edit on 6-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join