It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed made $9 trillion in emergency overnight loans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wait a minute,doesnt all interest the fed charges get returned to the treasury? I know it used to didnt but I believe it does today.Could be wrong here. We need to work this out and study this in detail,including on how the fed actually works,the facts not the myths.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

The banks take our money, to loan it back to us and make us pay them for it. Capitalism is a sham.

Oh boy.

I think it is time for you to get educated on what is actually going on. You can not sound intelligent if you lack information. I do not care if you are a diehard Marxist. You need to know exactly how the Bankers are ripping us off because they use the ignorance of diehard Marxists and Progressives to play the shell game that move wealth (not fiat money) FROM the poor into THEIR pocket while telling YOU it does just the opposite.

READ AT LEAST THE FIRST AND LAST:
Easy Read: www.bigeye.com... (the Creature from Jekyll Island)
Harder and long: www.devvy.com... (A PRIMER ON MONEY. SUBCOMMITTEE ON DOMESTIC FINANCE)
Harder and long: www.apfn.org... (Secrets of the Federal Reserve)
www.whale.to... (whole book! - Secrets of the Federal Reserve )

Very Good Info on Economics: A must read to see what inflation actually does.
www.lewrockwell.com... Mises on Money

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
Wait a minute,doesnt all interest the fed charges get returned to the treasury? I know it used to didnt but I believe it does today.Could be wrong here. We need to work this out and study this in detail,including on how the fed actually works,the facts not the myths.

No actually it's the Treasury that owes money to the Fed. They call it a national debt.

Feel free to look it up all you want, but the fed is a privately owned corporation owned by the big banks. Have you ever heard of a big bank just giving away money with out expecting something in return?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
The banks take our money, to loan it back to us and make us pay them for it.
Capitalism is a sham.

There is no money - only debt. If the debt is paid, there will be no money. The banks LITERALLY create the money from nothing.

Just watch at least the first two parts of that video I posted.
www.youtube.com...

It REALLY explains EXACTLY why this system is the way it is. No guess work

Yawl want disclosure... well there it IS, but you have to actually LOOK... it will make your eyes pop out really

edit on 1-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Screw Capitalism. I did not say screw democracy or freedom btw. there not the same.

It is NOT capitalism. It is Neo-Corporatism or what ever the heck you want to call the unholy mix of Corporate cartels and government.

There is nothing wrong with small business capitalism, even the Soviet Union had it. It is the lack of enforcement of anti trust laws that is the problem - and greedy politicians of Course

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I think a serious in depth thread on the mechinations and make-up of the federal reserve is in order.

Thus the Federal Reserve has both private and public aspects.[11] The U.S. Government receives all of the system's annual profits, after a statutory dividend of 6% on member banks' capital investment is paid, and an account surplus is maintained. The Federal Reserve transferred a record amount of $45 billion to the U.S. Treasury in 2009.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think a serious in depth thread on the mechinations and make-up of the federal reserve is in order.

Thus the Federal Reserve has both private and public aspects.[11] The U.S. Government receives all of the system's annual profits, after a statutory dividend of 6% on member banks' capital investment is paid, and an account surplus is maintained. The Federal Reserve transferred a record amount of $45 billion to the U.S. Treasury in 2009.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

I wish that were true, but who ever wrote that is trying to pull something over your eyes!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

....Now let's say you have large banks not associated with the FED struggling, the banks that run the fed then claim they need to print more money to help these banks, the banks get loaned the money from the fed. The Fed know's these banks will never be able to pay off the loan and high interest rates, then the banks collapse, and once again giving these banks that run the fed an opportunity to buy up the competition and get the billions of dollars loaned out, plus the interest.

I know this does not make sense, but that is how it works.

Us American tax payers will not see any of the so called money payed back, unless it was from the federal reserve buying bonds from goldman sachs at a high profit for goldman sachs. Even then it is our tax dollars paying the interest on the bonds bought by the fed.

I know it's hard to follow, but that's there goal

Thanks!

That was the missing piece of the puzzle. I though ALL the banks in the USA owned a piece of the Federal Reserve pie.

More kill the competition stuff.

(I am really having trouble keeping it clean when I start thinking of the banks and the US government lately)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I beg to differ....

I believe it is really a "Fascist Dick-Tater Ship".

Y'all just don't git it yet.

Fail to submit to some of the horsecrap too many times.

Y'all 'll know too.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Not being picky but can you prove otherwise? We need to know these things,its very confusing to me right now just reading wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
this information is new in the sense that the FED was allowed to cover it all up until Ron Paul
shook up the Congress to get this 'one-time' required glimpse into the FEDs dealings through
Facilities & Windows, Swaps & loans provided by the FED

sure, this mostly took place in the 2008, strong-armed-robbery of the USA government by the
FED & primary dealer cartel...

the QE2 is beginning at $600BN, most likely resulting in $2.5TN, is getting siphoned to the elite,
oligarch, FED/Treas/Wall Street criminal enterprise

but, hey!... too many incumbents were returned to office last election day... so don't cry for me USA

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Two great videos. Thanks for sharing, Z. While I had the basics down, I have to say that the 'Money as Debt' video was very informing and easy to understand.

As far as the second video, I'm still somewhat speechless. Her "...fairly high-level..." inquiries certainly go nowhere near the top floor so to speak. She said it twice that I caught. "Fairly" high-level. We're only tawkin' 9 trillion, so no big deal right? That's "fairly" disturbing.

link   
reply to post by nickoli

So,now one must look up the current definitions of "gubmint"..."public"..."trust"...etcetera

These definitions are changed annually to keep you from figgerin it all out.

edit on 1-12-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

This deal is different,this was direct action thru the fed,the treasury had nothing to do with this transaction. Actually this type of action was exactly one of the reasons why the fed was supposedly created to prevent bank runs.
edit on 12/1/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Maybe we should all do that "December 7 Bankrun Thing"....

And see if it works.

Nobody knows who is in charge until it is pushed beyond their definition of "Reason".

You would find that they lie,if we all would just stop agreeing to disagree.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

A serious thread about the Fed is ALWAYS a good idea. Most of the ills of current civilization can be traced to the greed of the central bankers.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Actually again you cant do a bank run on an entity that owns a printing press,you'd just cause another bailout and incure more debt. Thats exactly what caused this situation,there was a bank run in early Sept 08 and apparently it was a 9 trillion dollar bank run,so the question begs. Whodunit?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Not being picky but can you prove otherwise? We need to know these things,its very confusing to me right now just reading wikipedia.

how does the federal reserve work

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I wish that were true, but who ever wrote that is trying to pull something over your eyes!

Yes Wiki is a poor source. I prefer to start with:

A PRIMER ON MONEY. SUBCOMMITTEE ON DOMESTIC FINANCE. COMMITTEE ON BANKING AND CURRENCY. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. 88th Congress, 2d Session
www.devvy.com...

It is a bit long, a bit old, but clearly written. I just wish it was not a PDF. It tends to crash my old computer system if I am not careful.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Most of their "printing",is only computerized ledger entries.

@nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join