It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed made $9 trillion in emergency overnight loans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I had to seriously laugh out loud there.

That is one of the biggest / idiotic urban legends out there.

I suggest you go back to school, or just stop believing everything you read on the internet.

No offense, but come on.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

I had to seriously laugh out loud there.

That is one of the biggest / idiotic urban legends out there.

I suggest you go back to school, or just stop believing everything you read on the internet.

No offense, but come on.

Do you have proof to counter this?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Ha.

Do you have proof of the original accusation?

How about this.

Did you know that in South Africa all the elephants born pink can fly up to 10 km. in the air?

Now show me evidence to refute this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Ha.

Do you have proof of the original accusation?

How about this.

Did you know that in South Africa all the elephants born pink can fly up to 10 km. in the air?

Now show me evidence to refute this.

What, that money is backed by nothing?

Even a first grader could figure that one out.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Maybe I misunderstood. Sorry about that. Maybe I just read it wrong or read the wrong post.

I admit my mistake.
edit on 1-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

That's OK.

It was in reference to your SS # being publicly traded. The accusation that the other poster suggested is entirely false.

It comes from CUSIP #'s that have 9 digits. Some genius on the internet a long time ago wrote on a blog because it is 9 digits it is also someone elses SS #.

I read this every once in a while on the internet still and it makes me wonder why people believe this garbage.

What is a CUSIP #?

This is what a CUSIP Number is

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Okay,so lets lay this out,this is gonna be long bear with me.

You have a vast nation with nearly limitless resources,the likes of which the world has never seen. You have created a nearly perfect form of government,a republic of free men. In a little over a hundred years after many banking struggles you invented the ultimate cash machine,the federal reserve system. You suckered the whole world into using your currency as a measure of reserve. Less than 100 yrs later your bankrupt,your people are going homeless,your fancy financial instruments have nearly bankrupted the entire world.

Now I want to know one thing are you inept or corrupt? Either way, none of you should no longer be in any form of leadership or control of monetary policy.

That about cover it?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That's OK.

It was in reference to your SS # being publicly traded. The accusation that the other poster suggested is entirely false.

It comes from CUSIP #'s that have 9 digits. Some genius on the internet a long time ago wrote on a blog because it is 9 digits it is also someone elses SS #.

I read this every once in a while on the internet still and it makes me wonder why people believe this garbage.

What is a CUSIP #?

This is what a CUSIP Number is

Gotcha, sorry for the confusion.

I've never heard of this happening before so it would be news to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
Okay,so lets lay this out,this is gonna be long bear with me.

You have a vast nation with nearly limitless resources,the likes of which the world has never seen. You have created a nearly perfect form of government,a republic of free men. In a little over a hundred years after many banking struggles you invented the ultimate cash machine,the federal reserve system. You suckered the whole world into using your currency as a measure of reserve. Less than 100 yrs later your bankrupt,your people are going homeless,your fancy financial instruments have nearly bankrupted the entire world.

Now I want to know one thing are you inept or corrupt? Either way, none of you should no longer be in any form of leadership or control of monetary policy.

That about cover it?

Pretty close!

Except the Idea of the Fed was actually created by the banks which paid off the congress and senate to pass the federal reserve act, thus making the banks in charge of our money and resources.

Though our "elected" members sure had a big impact in bringing down our society.

GREED!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

The dollar has been the reserve currency only since after WW2. Before that I believe it was the Pound.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

My point being there can only be one answer or a combination of both. So the government is responsible for oversight of the fed,at the very least they have the power to nullify it. So the bankers and the politicians should be both thrown from our sight all their collective wealth should be siezed and they all should be banishished from public service forever. Thats my take on it anyhow.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli

My point being there can only be one answer or a combination of both. So the government is responsible for oversight of the fed,at the very least they have the power to nullify it. So the bankers and the politicians should be both thrown from our sight all their collective wealth should be siezed and they all should be banishished from public service forever. Thats my take on it anyhow.

Good Take, I'd love to see them all hung for treason!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

The central bank should be independent of government.

Think about it this way.

Would you want Joe Biden or lets say Charlie Crist having input on monetary policy?

In reality, all the FED does primarily is deal with interest rate policy. It should remain as independent as possible from Congress. By the way, when was the last time Congress hasn't been influenced by donations from corporations? Just about never. The FED really isn't that bad. Congress shouldn't be able to make decisions like that, mainly because they are all incompetent.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by nickoli

The dollar has been the reserve currency only since after WW2. Before that I believe it was the Pound.

Exactly,at the end of ww2 or nearabouts the hyper fed was created "The IMF" and through this instrument you have conquered the entire world with monopoly money. Not a bad scheme at all,not bad at all,except its morally repugnant and as an American is sickens me. We are EMPIRE,by hook or crook.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by nickoli

The central bank should be independent of government.

Think about it this way.

Would you want Joe Biden or lets say Charlie Crist having input on monetary policy?

In reality, all the FED does primarily is deal with interest rate policy. It should remain as independent as possible from Congress. By the way, when was the last time Congress hasn't been influenced by donations from corporations? Just about never. The FED really isn't that bad. Congress shouldn't be able to make decisions like that, mainly because they are all incompetent.

Yes the people should own the central bank,and the profits or portion thereof should be returned to the people.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

You should research the mid 70's energy crisis and the role the IMF played regarding international restructuring. You will probably dig up some good information. I must admit I do not know a great deal about the IMF in actuality.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread might give you some insight. I never followed it, but a quick ATS search and voila.

I was wrong about the SIN, it's your birth certificate actually..

In any case the people are the property of the FED whether officially or not.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

90-95% is returned to US Treasury. The Federal Reserve is essentially a non-profit organization. What the US Treasury does after that is anyone's guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Your birth certificate is not traded.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join