It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fed made $9 trillion in emergency overnight loans

page: 3
35
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


This deal is different,this was direct action thru the fed,the treasury had nothing to do with this transaction. Actually this type of action was exactly one of the reasons why the fed was supposedly created to prevent bank runs.
edit on 12/1/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)


I am well aware that the treasury has nothing to do with this! Just like the Treasury will see no direct benefit from it either.


edit on 1-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've seen the jykell island stuff and thats all well fine and good but the federal reserve system of 1913 is not the same entity that exists today,changes have been made.

Now dont get me wrong I'm no fed supporter actually quite the opposite but for once I'd like facts and clarity not obfuscation and myths.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


The treasury will recieve the profits from the interest paid and this is what funds your government,when they spend more than they bring in is what creates our deficit.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
I've seen the jykell island stuff and thats all well fine and good but the federal reserve system of 1913 is not the same entity that exists today,changes have been made.

Now dont get me wrong I'm no fed supporter actually quite the opposite but for once I'd like facts and clarity not obfuscation and myths.


GOOD LUCK!

The Fed has become very secretive in what they do, even our own government can't get answers as to what they are really doing.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Two great videos. Thanks for sharing, Z. While I had the basics down, I have to say that the 'Money as Debt' video was very informing and easy to understand.


Your welcome
Unfortunately most will never even take a minute to look at it and still continue to state an opinion on how the system works.


Ignorance is bliss... they can always blame it on someone
Imagine if everyone saw that and understood... and we just said NO I want my gold



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


Oh they get answers,just in private secret meetings not available to the people nor all of congress.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
[redacted] no point


edit on 1-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


The treasury will recieve the profits from the interest paid and this is what funds your government,when they spend more than they bring in is what creates our deficit.


I'm not berating you, but do a little more research. The interest rates go to the fed, which may be used to buy into the treasury (bonds), but the treasury isn't getting the interest rate.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


Again,prove this from wikipedia otherwise?




The U.S. Government receives all of the system's annual profits, after a statutory dividend of 6% on member banks' capital investment is paid, and an account surplus is maintained. The Federal Reserve transferred a record amount of $45 billion to the U.S. Treasury in 2009.[12]


Now the 6% goes to privately owned banks but the rest goes to the treasury,and if I'm reading it right the private banks only recieve 6% on what they invest.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli
 


I'm not going to fight you over some Wikipedia source.

think what you will, Most Americans just don't see the scam!

I wish I could give you more proof but fact is everything is done behind closed doors.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli
 


You are correct.

It isn't set at 6%, but very close.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


Again,prove this from wikipedia otherwise?




The U.S. Government receives all of the system's annual profits, after a statutory dividend of 6% on member banks' capital investment is paid, and an account surplus is maintained. The Federal Reserve transferred a record amount of $45 billion to the U.S. Treasury in 2009.[12]


Now the 6% goes to privately owned banks but the rest goes to the treasury,and if I'm reading it right the private banks only recieve 6% on what they invest.


You know that the FED itself is a private bank right? Federal Reserve is just a clever name to make people think they are regulated. They are not.

As another member pointed out, there is no money, only debt. You need the debt to have the money and the money to have the debt. If all American citizens, government and industry paid the collective debt, there would not be a single dollar in circulation.

Remember how it use to say legal tender in gold on a 1$ bill? It now says "legal tender", which means it's backed by NOTHING.

~Keeper



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


Oh I'm not wanting to "fight" I just want some irrefutable proof,I never said my source was irrefutable I'm just wanting to get to the cold hard facts. As Americans we all need to know,no, not need, we should DEMAND to know exactly where ALL the profits of the fed go. Trust me I'm on the side of Jackson,I think they're vipers and thieves but I just need more,"facts" to build my case. Myths and conjecture just dont cut it.

My goodness,if the fed is privately owned why in hades is it so hard to prove?
edit on 12/1/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
By the way, if anyone is interested in non-bias information.

Rules of FED and other topics concerning

Most everything is misinformation pertaining to the Federal Reserve that you read on your ventures through the internet, but most of the internet now is misinformation.

Good luck



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Not entirely correct.

It is backed by the full faith and credit of the US Government.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli
 
The only "Irrefutable Proof",is that which you believe to be the truth.

Go and find out these things by yourself.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life
 
The full faith and credit of the U.S. Governed,is more close to correct.

Stop Submitting to these posers.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


Oh I'm not wanting to "fight" I just want some irrefutable proof,I never said my source was irrefutable I'm just wanting to get to the cold hard facts. As Americans we all need to know,no, not need, we should DEMAND to know exactly where ALL the profits of the fed go. Trust me I'm on the side of Jackson,I think they're vipers and thieves but I just need more,"facts" to build my case. Myths and conjecture just dont cut it.

My goodness,if the fed is privately owned why in hades is it so hard to prove?
edit on 12/1/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)


No Problem, I Seriously wish there were solid facts on the fed, but the fed is a private corporation and thus can decline requests to see information as to what happens with the money.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Not entirely correct.

It is backed by the full faith and credit of the US Government.


Which is YOU the people. You know your social security number is traded on the stock market right? When they set up the FED way back in the early 1900's, the Social Security Number was created so that you are collatoral to the fed.

~Keeper



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Okay I'm starting to get it heres the rub,heres where the conspiracy begins.

The fed deals in monopoly money,backed by the us government who places the debt on the people in the form of taxation of future work. Its based on our future taxes or debt,ie the more the deficit the more your taxes will rise.

But heres the other deal,they only want to be paid in gold! From the very good link supplied by another poster.




Every national banking association within each Federal reserve district shall be required to subscribe to the capital stock of the Federal reserve bank for that district in a sum equal to six per centum of the paid-up capital stock and surplus of such bank, one-sixth of the subscription to be payable on call of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, one-sixth within three months and one-sixth within six months thereafter, and the remainder of the subscription, or any part thereof, shall be subject to call when deemed necessary by the Board, said payments to be in gold or gold certificates.


www.law.cornell.edu...



new topics

top topics



 
35
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join