It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would say that it's probably a man-made anti-gravity experiment.
Really? That's what you'd say... well, you'd be wrong.
It's balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
No, its not baloons,

Looks like they are indeed balloons. Balloons tied together with string. But it all was a little weird. For starters, they weren't rising or moving. It looks to me like they're stationary. Secondly, the 'balloons' always stay in a triangle. When one 'balloon' goes out, the others follow.

Weird. So far, I'm still going with balloons. However I'm not convinced.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Yes, is a REAL RAW footage,

No it is not. It is compressed footage, and not the raw data.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I watched this video last night a few times all the way through. Then i read every reply. I was gonna post my opinion on it but didnt do to the fact that your reaction to everyone who disagrees with you is quite rude. In your first post you say if anyone thinks these are anything but a U.F.O, Then please explain why we think that. Well, How are we supposed to explain balloons tied together and tangled eventually untangling and floating freely? Oh,it seems i just did. They move just like a balloon would. And you say they make a triangle shape at the end? That is only perspective not fact. Because i dont see it that way. So does that make me wrong or you? If you wouldnt have put a list of everything it is not and then state it is a U.F.O. as fact, Then open discussion would have been easier.

The fact is you believe it is none of those things. The other fact is you put balloons as the first object on your Not list. Must be because you knew people would see them as balloons. So in conclusion, My Good/common sense tells me that they are just that, BALLOONS! Sorry, not trying to burst your balloon. I just dont like your reaction to us people that Dont agree with you. And just so you know, I am a believer in U.F.O's But i dont think everything is one.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I am a HUGE believer but this time it's balloons! Sorry

2nd line

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well for starters the OP acts like a 12 year old treating people bad and calling them names and when it comes time to explanation he only gives childish statements "it's a UFO and i don't have to explain myself to you i know i'm right and you're all wrong"

Ok, so accordingly i think it makes no sense the majority of people here trying to explain themselves to him and everyone else who's reading the thread why they see balloons as he automatically ignores and discredits everyone (and that includes believers, disbelievers and skeptics) who doesn't follow his own "UFO religion".

I'm a believer and all i see is ballons, possibly yellow ballons. just like those from the pics posted earlier here on this thread. And the only Troll i see here is the creator of this thread playing with people as he see fit. Please mods, close this junk.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Common sense is a rare quality not seen in many people now days, Its becoming rarer by the day on this site, which imo is pretty sad.

Great post by the way OP, keep up the good work.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So have you all decide yet

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Nice footage S+F

I myself believe that these so called light sphere's are non terrestrial or some secret experiment that we not know.
of.

But then I was thinking within a hard line skeptic. And I thought of this :

What if you take a transparent balloon fill this with some reflective dust or glitter or smoke and afterwards you fill it of with helium and let it fly. And you make a laser device with build on scope..and point it on the flying balloon Wonder what the effects will be? just my imagination nothing else.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Balloons? I didn't realize balloons could float stationary in turbulent air flow. I am also curious how they got the 4th and 5th "balloons" to magically appear in such strange relation to the other three "balloons" ... and so bright?

There's no way to tell if they are stationary in turbulence. There's no backdrop from which to draw a conclusion. It looks like three balloons, moving with the jet stream. Case closed.

P.S Where the hell is the zoom function? :p

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It isn't that I didn't have 8 minutes to waste. The video played well for the first three minutes and then it locked up my system. I honestly did intend to watch the whole thing, but the part I was able to view..... looked like my granddaughter's balloons escaping her hand at the carnival.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I have to agree with most of the posters on this one.
It sure look like ballons tied together.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just did the mistake since a long time that I checked a UFO video..
Sad thing they put THIS up in the news.. they always show some ridiculous stuff that even the average noob can recognize as a balloon or puff of smoke.. Why not show the damn astronauts talking about alien ships, huh? Why not show the Rendlesham or the other real stuff in the mainstream news? I can't help but think someone's controlling what is put up in the news.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Maybe balloons filled with swamp gas.

What is swamp gas anyway ?

Actually I don't think they are balloons, but I have no idea what we are looking at.

Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Balloons? I didn't realize balloons could float stationary in turbulent air flow. I am also curious how they got the 4th and 5th "balloons" to magically appear in such strange relation to the other three "balloons" ... and so bright?

I'm not so sure they're stationary. A few times during the video you see the cluster of objects near the top of the frame, and then the camera's angle shifts upward a few degrees to re-center it. That suggests that the objects are rising. Also, the video doesn't have any other objects in it past the first few seconds so there isn't anything stationary to compare the objects' position to.

There's one part around the 2:38 mark where the object goes out of frame in the bottom-right corner, and then reappears after a bit. There is a little change in the backgroun that might account for the camera panning down and to the right to re-acquire and center it; some of the blockiness in the video is an artefact of the MP4 compression algorithm used on the video file, and the blocky artefacts seem to move a bit so this might be the case but I'm not certain.

I find it a little weird that, after re-acquisition the objects appear larger in the frame. Perhaps the camera zoomed in more, I don't know. I wish there was a burn on a side of the frame with the zoom factor in it. Seeing as how this footage appears to have been shot with a professional video camera, maybe it does have excellent telephoto capabilities (in excess of consumer grade cameras), I don't know. I know a few people that I could ask if anybody cares.

Around the 5:00 mark the objects separate widely but maintain a roughly consistent configuration in the sky. If it was a cluster of balloons perhaps their tethers broke due to buffeting by the wind at their altitude (I'd have to check my math but I'm hypothesizing between 30,000 and 45,000 feet).

Then, around 6:29, two more objects appear a ways off from the three the footage has been following. At this point I started scratching my head. If this was a cluster of balloons why didn't we see the other two earlier before the objects began to separate from one another?

At 7:48 the camera pans down to the crowd standing on the street looking up at the sky and wondering what was going on. To mine eye this reinforces the title, which states that this is raw CBS News footage. A cameraperson working in a journalistic capacity would likely, at some point, get footage of the crowd's reaction to get the human angle for a potential story.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by RUSSO
the fact that we don't see any fighter jets scrambled to intercept in the air is a pretty big check mark in the balloon catagory though...

The fact that we don't see jets on intercept suggests that the objects didn't have a radar signature. They call it scrambling for a reason. If they did have radar signatures the airports would be making inquiries of the FAA and possibly the military to see if they had anything in the air in an unexpected location.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
they are balloons blowing in the wind in every direction but away from each other where they are tethered together. SOWY

The footage shows a fairly tight cluster of three objects for the first couple of minutes. Those objects then separate and move to considerable distances from one another. So, yes, they did move away from the center of the cluster of objects we see at first.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I was REALLY trying HARD to find something to convince me they were not balloons. I failed
Just my opinion of course.

Me too, and like you, I failed.

Fact: there was a massive balloon release on the day in question, in NYC, and the release was filmed and reported by the press, from the ground, when released.

Fact: there is nothing in the video not consistent with rising balloons.

Makes it real difficult to reach any other conclusion.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

@: Let's see if this post can get me some flags. HMmmmm...

Enemy aircraft flying very fast just above the atmosphere (skimming). Drops its payload hoping to go unnoticed by American public (me) which it was. Anyone have any sat loops. Ultra top secret stuff.

The purpose is to monitor below what is going on. Usually they float there and gather intel unnoticed (wall Street cell tower transmission bursts).. Ha ha American people are to smart an getting very suspicious and are on to your shi_.

E

RB

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
If they were balloons tied together, then the strings linking them would eventually get tangled, and the balloons would get closer and closer together. But just the opposite happens. The longer the video runs, the farther apart the "balloons" get.

Not necessarily. The air gets pretty turbulent past 25,000 feet of altitude or so. I think it could go either way depending on how a gust hit it at a particular time.

What I don't get is where the other two objects came from. That has me scratching my head.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join