It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They do look like balloons, but they do not act like balloons. In the first ten seconds of the video, ( you have to watch in full screen in hd) you see one object, then within a second or two, two more appear. Within that same ten seconds, the object on the left travels left and off screen. The second object floats downward just a tad and then drops straight down, and the third object stays stationary and appears to be three objects now, slowly spinning and making formations.

If you set balloons free in the air, what are the odds that once separated and traveling in different directions, they are pulled back together again ? How does one (balloon) object drop straight down while the others in the frame don't? And the object didn't pop like a balloon and drop, it just dropped.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by NukeDad

No way they are plain old ballons. Those would have to be special to reach that altitude.

What altitude? Be more specific.

From the footage on Youtube, we don't have enough information about the altitude of the objects, though we can make educated guesses based upon hypotheses. It's certain that they were close enough for people on the street to notice them.

Ask the guy who sent his ipad into the atmosphere. The rubber latex type would freeze and pop at I dont know. Head hurts tio crunch numbers but you get the point.

Do you mean this?

Let's break that down: they hit an altitude of 100,000 feet (technically near space). Awesome. Excellent. It's been done by hobbyists for years (amateur radio operators, in particular. In fact, there was a contest earlier this year that involved doing exactly that.

Looking at the iPad-at-100,000-feet website is inconclusive (their photograph shows a bunch of what appear to be helium-filled party balloons and they have no docs online). This article has a lot more information, and says that they used a weather balloon to get that altitude. That sounds about right given what we know of their project. Altitudes in excess of 60,000 feet are what weather balloons are designed for.

Yes, crunching numbers is hard. Finding answers is hard. That is what we're all here at Above Top Secret for, right? Finding answers? Banishing ignorance?

Then let's do the hard stuff. Let's check facts, gather data, check our data if we can by experimenting, write code.. this is how you find answers. Chattering on forums is only a part of it, someone has to do the work.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here's an object I filmed over san diego a few years ago. Very similar to what is seen in the cbs video. I thought perhaps it was a weather balloon but it is hard to say because it's payload travels upside down at certain times. Anyway enjoy.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Ya then when they move far away from each other whats your explanation for that? Also the fact that they don't seem to move any farther away and seem to be illuminating a light.

edit on 1-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This page is pretty interesting as well, it states the weather for the day at central park NYC, the winds that day were a 4.4 mph average with gusts from 12-17 mph. This alone would definently tell me it's not balloons since I believe they'd be blown quite a ways away then just sitting in the sky like that. I also think everyone is forgetting the fact that these things DON'T move farther away. Here's the site: www.weather.gov...

Go to the site and look up oct. 13th 2010.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by SKinLaB

Ya then when they move far away from each other whats your explanation for that?

The. String. Broke.

Originally posted by NoJoker13Also the fact that they don't seem to move any farther away and seem to be illuminating a light.

'Seem to be...' Maybe. Okay. Not really.

I'm an artist. I have studied light and how it bounces off of matter in general. Matter comes in many colors and textures that affect light. Go figure. Those are very light colored balloons in full sunlight. They would would appear bright, no matter what. Depending upon the reflective capabilities of the material they are made from (if it had a metallic sheen for example), they WOULD appear to be illuminating a light in such a case. Heck, I have seen white horses appear to be 'illuminating light' in the right circumstances with the naked eye. It's easier to do that with video.

I'm sorry guys. I want there to be UFO's. I really do. This video however, shows balloons. It also shows an absolutely fascinating manifestation of the ol' point-and-stare-and-see-how-many-point-and-stare routine. I loved the dialogue-"What's he lookin' at"-in the background, and the pan to the crowd at the end was beautiful.

I have seen video that makes me wonder about UFO's. This however, just makes me wonder about humanity.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleNickels

One of the highest balloons tested to go into high atmosphere only goes about 30km, which is roughly 98,400ft. So yes some balloons could get very high but they're also very expensive due to the materials they are made out of, regular balloons may reach half that height. Although this data gives us more in site to that of balloons, it doesn't give any in site to how they would stay at a certain altitude in the sky which they do. These "things" were seen all day supposably.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yes, it is balloons.
Yes, it is balloons.
Yes, it is balloons.
Yes, it is balloons.
Yes, it is balloons.

It is so obvious as to what this is, even to the untrained unproffessional eye.

I`m lucky, I`ve seen a real ufo twice in my life. Unfortunately, I wasn`t packing video recording devices at either time.

I really think its threads like these, "raw ufo footage", having no merit, that do more harm then good when trying to convince others of the possibility of extra-terrestial life.

If I knew nothing of the topic of ufo`s and suddenly became interested, I would find hundreds of videos of balloons, high divers, airplanes and helicopters, all from so called reliable sources claiming these to be alien beings in their intergallactic space shuttles.

Whenever a really good example of proof of ufos is brought to light, threads/videos like these bury the truth, intentionally or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

So how do you explain that they were seen all day and they don't seem to move any higher in the sky. Also I love how "artists" think they can give credible "scientific" explanations, show me your credentials in physics, art is laughable.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

it doesn't give any in site to how they would stay at a certain altitude in the sky which they do.

Air currents do though...if it was trapped between those pushing them up, and those pushing them down...they would appear not to rise much.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i'm a pro observer....not balloons...at 5:35 they make movements for the next 2 minutes that balloons couldn't...also they stayed in one plane too much for tethered threes
do you believe me?
edit on 1-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: how do you spell balloons? he he

edit on 1-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: also, THE OTHERS APPEARING

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

No.

Just sounds like the first thing anyone could think of to throw out there.

edit on 12/1/2010 by csulli456 because: add to my one liner

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They are balloons imo. Here are my explanations, my observations, and my reasoning to some of the ideas why people , well person believes these are not balloons.

Why are they so bright? Well they cold be made of a shiny material and it's a clear sunny day. They are NOT glowing, lets get that point straight. They are the same color as any silver or white passenger plane on a clear sunny day.

My opinion is were are probably watching one of maybe ; two sets of 3 ballons tied together that were released (frome where-ever, a high building, Central park? I dunno).

They are all moveing in the same direction throughout the entire video, even the single ones that probably broke apart earlier, and I'd bet that direction was the same as the wind that day.

We see no stops, no hard turns no manuevering -AT ALL- sadly, just objects at the mercy of a strong wind gust.If it is a craft, it's malfunctioning and out of contol.

The camera focuses in on the 3 that actually remained together for a few minutes in the heavy wind. you can hear it's a windy day just by the camera mic, imagine what it's like as the ballons gain altitude,

I propose they are held together by something rigid, but perhaps not completely inflexibile judgeing by the way the group tumbles, (and each balloon moves on it's own but they don't tangle so it's not rope or string).

The killer here is that no one on the street is takeing it as a serious sighting, Some said it looked like balloons, although I believe one guy was a saying it sacastically, like thats what they want you to think "wink wink*. Hey I wan't to believe also, but if that's any type of craft, it's out of control, and at the mercy of the wind. aka Ballons.

The video concludes as the trios tethers finally fail, and the three split apart, and the camera man stops before we see ANY semblelance of intelligent flight. No epic jump to light speed, or movement back to the right from the direction it came and travelled the entire time, nothing

I guess he didn't want to pick one object out and follow it on the breeze for 20-30 until it was completely out of the range of his cameras zoom as it floated into the upper atmosphere.

In my oponion this is only some objects cleverly tethered together. Lighter than air floating and tumbling on a breeze. aka "Ballons"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

how were these viewed from 9am until 7pm?????

what could possibly cause a "balloon to stay in a specific area for that amount of time??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
S&F OP. At first I thought they were just balloons that were released but after looking deeper it appears the balloons would have to be filled with different amounts of gas or different gasses all together, causing the balloons to float in the air at different altitudes. But that made no sense to me. SO they are unidentifiable for me as of now. SO I give them 3 cents that those are LIGHT BEINGS IN THEIR LIGHT MER KA BA.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

No, its not baloons,

True, because they are "balloons".
edit on 1-12-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
All the evidence points to this footage being UFO's, simply stating: "Its balloons" along with some cheap pun and or ridicule does not debunk what these things really are.

Although this footage wont make the average close minded person suddenly start believing in UFO's this is just one of very few gems.

And i would go with this footage being secret military technology, didnt that norad guy say something about this happening around mid october, cant quite remember but it makes sense that this was "our" reversed engineered et technology doing some sort of training exercise.

My first thought was CGI, the way the orbs keep that persistant triangle, scales up and down in size, the rotation back and forth, but im pretty sure CBS and those witnesses arent pulling a massive hoax like that.

Balloons attached via "string" doesnt cut it either, if these "balloons" were attached by some sort of rods that can extend then this would be more plausible than string, which is the only other option besides a UFO's.

That can explain the triangle formation and scaling in size but it cannot explain the rotating in one direction then suddenly start rotating the opposite direction.

In my opinion its either a "secret" military tech ufo on some sort of training exercise or real ebe's trying to tell us something.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I too think that these are just balloons. In the beginning of the video, after the spire is zoomed out of the shot, you can see another balloon (object) that the cameraman ignores. Perhaps he didn't see it. If you watch the video again and look at the object, you will see that there are other object in the area floating around. So the other objects didn't "just appear".

I do not see how these cannot be a group of balloons tied together and then being torn apart at higher altitude. I'm no expert of course, but I do think for sure that this evidence is weak to say the least. The objects do not disregard normal physics, nor do they disappear and re appear later. They do not fly at ludicrous speed (:lol
, and they do not do anything out of the norm that an ordinary object wouldn't do if it were floating high above Manhattan.
edit on 1-12-2010 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm still a new member so i can't post a thread, but i would like to share some of the screenshots i've taken from earthcam www.earthcam.com...

www....(nolink)/i/?wh3brhh9zfrdigr

www....(nolink)/i/?a9nw35292a22g63

www....(nolink)/i/?9o4v3ixztoe25mb

www....(nolink)/i/?nd6dm3m5zc76f7t

www....(nolink)/i/?862c8ai7lxbv522

www....(nolink)/i/?81hvv088c29zop0

www....(nolink)/i/?k2v3sgvupvtw3sr

if someone can explain this i'd be happy to hear it

As for the OP great footage there seems to be alot of these triangle shaped "balloons" in the sky

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

All the footage I've seen is daylight. There could be many different times reported by witnesses and mistaken recall.

The large number of yellow balloons were released in Times Square to mark the centennial of Madrid's Grand Via (their version of Broadway).

In addition, many silver mylar balloons were released the same day, for a going away party for a teacher (Andrea Craparo) in Manhattan.

www.datelinezero.com...

And these are just ones that had media coverage, so who knows if there were others.
Suddenly, them being seen at different times isn't all that mysterious...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join