It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian rape victims call Angelina Jolie 'ignorant'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Angelina Jolie may be the goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, but she’s getting no goodwill from an organization of Bosnian rape victims over her new movie. The yet-to-be-titled film, Jolie’s directorial debut, is “a love story between a Muslim woman and a Serb man set against the background of Bosnia's 1992-1995 inter-ethnic war,” Agence-France Presse reported.

news source

Looks like Hollywood and the MSM is at it again. I hate Angelina Jolie with a passion and this is one of the reasons why I hate this version with everything in my body. This is just terrible what this evil person does to people. That's Hollywood for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They do anything to sell movies, and they would dipict a scenario how they want to just sell movies.

Sick but that is the people that control hollywood.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Just out of interest, why do you hate her?
And just for the 2nd line, what are you feelings on brad pitt (jkg0.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

It's just not her. It's all of these people who are glorified from the MSM. It's all fake to me and yet everyone would jump off a bridge if this woman told them to. Brad Pitt is a one time soccer player from Britain.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I agree with your point, the people who are worth the least are paid the most, ie footballers, actors, models, celebs, the guy who takes away your rubbish/trash is paid the least, but where would you be without him, nurses are paid s**t wages in this country and are often treated with contempt ( there has to be security in ER's in this country because people get angry about having to wait for treatment at a 'free' NHS service). I wont pass judgement on Jolie i dont know her, but i know exactly what you mean.

CX

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Brad Pitt is a one time soccer player from Britain.

You're not thinking of David Beckham are you?

CX.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Who is that? I was thinking of Brad Pitt. He's a soccer player isn't he and starred in the Mexican which destroyed his foot ball career.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You may hate Angelina Jolie, but that doesn't mean she is not right in this case.

I don't know if she is right or not, but the oldest reference to this case that I could find is from October, and at the time Angelina Jolie got her filming permit back after the first appearance of that rumour about the love-rape story. Angelina Jolie, apparently showed the script to the Bosnian Cultural Minister to show that the story is not like that.

The fact that she got the permit back makes me think that the minister was thought that she was right.

Apparently, she also "sought a meeting with the women’s groups that had opposed the filming and planned to ask them to withhold judgement until they have seen the movie".

Source

I don't have any reason for hating or loving any common Hollywood star, but I think that they have the same right of being considered innocent until proven guilty, so I will wait for the movie.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Did anyone see that movie Angelina Jolie was in, where she played some UN spokesperson and went to Africa to help the impoverished people there? At the end she was in Serbia and while trying to escape with a guy, she stepped on a landmine and blew herself up.

I saw it on cable. It was kind of weird.

I thought she was just acting. I didn't know that movie represented her real views and crusade.

top topics

join