It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experimental Russian spacecraft is missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2002 @ 12:04 AM
link   
MOSCOW (AP) -- Helicopters zigzagged across Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula on Monday searching for signs of an inflatable space vehicle that could ferry people and cargo from orbit back to Earth, three days after it finished a test run.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2002 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I wonder if it might've went to the same place(s) that all of that military hardware went when the Iron Curtain rusted away?

Considering that Russia never had anything like a space shuttle, how did they intend to make use of an inflatable re-entry vehicle?

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 10:00 AM
link   
invasion from space.
Using space re-entry vehicules to insert commando's and troops behind enemy lines from orbit
nuff said.
maybe i should drop tiberian sun a little?
maybe not...

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't go into space with anything the Russians built.

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 07:06 PM
link   
NEVER underestimate the russians

and russian HAS a space shuttle i think, Buran!

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 07:15 PM
link   
/\oXN E6AHOE Bbl BCE!!

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
I wouldn't go into space with anything the Russians built.

I agree, I wouldent want to go into ANYTHING the Russians built, especially a space vehicle remenber MiR? Need i say more?

-Sarcasimo

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
/\oXN E6AHOE Bbl BCE!!

dekesse?

i would go in a russian spaceship, hey, its better than nothing

and if it exploded, at least i ALMOST died like i always wanted to...
riding 100,000 tons of explosive fuels

[Edited on 9/6/2002 by necro99]

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well Sarcasimo when MIR first went up it was a head of it's time even the Americans wanted something like it. Before the Iron Curtain went down the Russians built damn good things, now because of the cutbacks and lack in budgets the Russians can't build anything or upgrade what they already have.

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MIR lasted way longer than it was planned to...that's why it fell apart. Also, the Russians DID have a Space Shuttle (it looked bery similar to ours, but appeared "fatter"), but I haven't heard much about how often they've used it.

Somehow though, the words "spacecraft" and "inflatable" should NEVER be in the same sentence, hehe....

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
was great russian technology. i belive if the west didn't push so hard on russia and the two actually cooperated and tried to get along like good little girls, we'd be a lot better off. damned people gettin all personal. if red russia and the US worked together as one, they would have been a great power. maybe forming a true world nation. i do belive that mir is space dust at the bottom of the ocean now. didn't they drop it?

top topics

join