It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinned Alive.....so you can look nice and feel good in your new outfit!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You people don't know the fur business do you???

Clubbing it is the best way to get the fur because you don't mess any of the fur up.... A high dollar fur purchaser doesn't want a gun shot hole in their new jacket... Nor can you just chop its head off........ Its the best way to get the MOST HIGH QUALITY fur...... Not saying it's right or wrong, but who are you to tell me whats right or wrong are you people god now got your own commandments for us to follow?? What a joke!
edit on 29-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They should change the laws in China so that NOBODY can have a kid. They should BAN anyone from reproducing over there.

Everything made in China is a piece of JUNK. Made so poorly that a chimp would have done better in all reality. Now its very obvious that they have ZERO morals and ethics over there. How can ANYONE do something like that??? HOW?? How can their authorities and leadership allow such HORRIBLE treatment to living creatures. INNOCENT living creatures!!!

They deserve their poor work conditions, sweat shops, and the chemicals and toxins that industry is doing in polluting their land and drinking water. Good for NOTHING over there.

We should be waging war with them...

This is SICK. They are nothing but INCOMPETENT DEGENERATES in China!!!!

edit on 29-11-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Your entire nation consists of incompetent inbred morons that like to eat their faeces while masturbating. See, i can generalise an entire nation to my flawed display of logic too. I bet you also, that *I* will be the one getting the warning from ATS staff, not you. Simply because they probably don't give a # about chinese offensive stereotyping but care more for their own. Again, another double standard.

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

If that's how their money is "earnt" then more power to them. If only every one could have the courage to make a living. People have been doing these things for thousands of years. It's sad to see people who are so dissociated with the world.
Fur feels sooooo good
edit on 29-11-2010 by beholdblight because: I rail my girl on a fur rug in front of a fire place with grampa's gun over the mantel

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by jontap

Your entire nation consists of incompetent inbred morons that like to eat their faeces while masturbating. See, i can generalise an entire nation to my flawed display of logic too. I bet you also, that *I* will be the one getting the warning from ATS staff, not you. Simply because they probably don't give a # about chinese offensive stereotyping but care more for their own. Again, another double standard.

Enjoy.

Huh, whats funny is that China is SOOOOOOO much older than the U.S. yet the degenerate primitive mentality there is FAR behind us. They have yet to evolve beyond America as we were 400 years ago!!!

Guess its easy to see whom the REAL degenerates are, EH??

Not even a contest there!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

The US does the same thing as china in different manners. War, domestic violence (government to people), you even have a student now holding a classroom of students hostage. They are the same exact damn thing. The US is the western version of China, China is the asian version of the US. (i assume you are from the US, if not, it still stands as it is widespread)

You guys kill cows, pigs and chickens in the same manner as the chinese kill dogs, cats and etc. You are only upset because dogs and cats are considered housepets in most other societies. It does not make it wrong or less evolved. By the way, having touched on that, one of the basics of evolution involves the continual adaptation to an environment. So having said that, a more evolved being would simply be one that can run like a cheetah, live long like a turtle, and lift heavy like a gorilla. Morality is irrelevant, all that matters is survival in regards to (overtly simplified, so ofcourse some things may be "wrong")evolution.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jontap

The US does the same thing as china in different manners. War, domestic violence (government to people), you even have a student now holding a classroom of students hostage. They are the same exact damn thing. The US is the western version of China, China is the asian version of the US. (i assume you are from the US, if not, it still stands as it is widespread)

You guys kill cows, pigs and chickens in the same manner as the chinese kill dogs, cats and etc. You are only upset because dogs and cats are considered housepets in most other societies. It does not make it wrong or less evolved. By the way, having touched on that, one of the basics of evolution involves the continual adaptation to an environment. So having said that, a more evolved being would simply be one that can run like a cheetah, live long like a turtle, and lift heavy like a gorilla. Morality is irrelevant, all that matters is survival in regards to (overtly simplified, so ofcourse some things may be "wrong")evolution.

Your pitiful attempt to justify that barbaric, primitive, inhuman behavior would fail to convince a 6 year old in America. Maybe that nonsense works over there, but that silly justification is just down-right Neanderthal level.

For anyone to even attempt to justify that type of SICK behavior makes them a very despicable human being worthy of nothing but TORTURE and MISERY for the rest of their pathetic existence.

This behavior is beyond HORRIBLE and UNACCEPTABLE.

The world needs to be rid of primitive inhuman filthy countries from existence by whatever means necessary...
edit on 29-11-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow... way to get brainwashed by the worst form of extreme activists known on Earth. Have any of you guys actually done a little research into the multi-million dollar evil empire known as PETA? And here I was thinking we were all about searching for the truth on here...

Im in no way a supporter of animal cruelty but what was shown on that video was simply what humans have been doing for thousands and thousands of years - and the reason your even here today. Where do you think that juicy slice of meat you had last week for dinner came from? What about that sandwich meat you put on your kids lunch yesterday? I dont want to alarm you, but it didnt get picked from a tree or grown in the ground.

What was filmed in the OP's video is what is known as 'death twitches' which often looks like the animal is still alive. It's caused by contractions in the nervous system as it shuts down and can occur for many minutes after the animal is officially dead. I have personally watched a freshly removed fillet from a rabbit's back twitch in my hand for up to 10 minutes due to the adreneline and nerves. This happens in all living creatures when they die - and believe me, those animals died on the first well placed strike to the base of the skull. Follow up strikes are recommended to ensure the creature is well and truly dead.

As for the rabbit, those of you who missed the part where he bent it's head backwards on such an angle as to sever the spinal cord from the skull, really should book in to have their eyes tested. That animal went extrememly painlessly compared to millions of it's not so lucky cousins who get shredded to bits and eaten alive by feral dogs, wolves and birds of prey every minute of every day all over the world. But then, even they are lucky in comparison to those poor animals who injest baited carrots left by so called 'environmentalists' and government council workers when culling is undertaken in areas where new housing develpments or shoppings centres are being built in the sake of fashion shops and an ever expanding society. To have your stomach erroded from the inside out while your brain overheats and sends you into a fitting frenzy lasting for up to and over 14 hours seems like a punishment not even fit for a mass murderer, yet animal management groups just like PETA will have you believe this method of extermination over that of an instant and painless death from a single bullet. Doesnt seem right huh?

Maybe next time you bite into a lovely, juicy, vitamin and mineral enriched medium-rare fillet steak you might take comfort in the thought that that animal went peacefully and painlessly after spending its life on a beautiful country farm grazing in the arternoon sunshine with its brothers and sisters when its not so fortunate cousins suffer through drought and starvation for years at a time only to be rounded up by a pack of feral dogs, eaten alive and left to rot for the vultures to pick at.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Yes I seem to have failed to convince you, because your argument seem to be that of the six year old.

Let's not eat meat, because we are killing animals
Let's not eat plants, because we are killing plant-life
Let's not move because we are killing cells
You know, let's just die. Yeah. Let's just walk into a grass-field and die and let the Earth feed from us. But oh wait, we are killing things by doing that too
.. naww..

You can't be lenient and loving for one type of lifeform and exclude the rest in the name of "civility" and "morality". That's like being nicer to black people than you are to white people.

by the way, whatever means necessary huh? Sounds like a warmonger. You are a hypocrite.

Originally posted by beholdblight

edit on 29-11-2010 by beholdblight because: I rail my girl on a fur rug in front of a fire place with grampa's gun over the mantel
hahahahaha

edit on 29-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: so many bloody edits.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If "WE" are ever to be considered a species that is morally superior to animals, and not just mentally superior, which some would argue is more important in defining us--Then we better damn well consider the concequences of our actions and not just take natures gifts for granted. Lest we just turn into some boring AI program with no emotion that is just really smart, and has aspirations of taking over the universe....

reply to post by jontap

Yes I seem to have failed to convince you, because you seem to be the six year old.

Let's not eat meat, because we are killing animals
Let's not eat plants, because we are killing plant-life
Let's not move because we are killing cells
You know, let's just die. Yeah. Let's just walk into a grass-field and die and let the Earth feed from us. But oh wait, we are killing things by doing that too
.. naww..

by the way, whatever means necessary huh? Sounds like a warmonger. You are a hypocrite.

Originally posted by beholdblight

hahahahaha

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Moral superiority is quite an abstract concept. What you perceive as morally correct, I might perceive as morally wrong. To attain "moral superiority" it makes me think that one would have to attain a hive mind of some sort to function as a single entity. But then there is no freedom, is there?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
If "WE" are ever to be considered a species that is morally superior to animals, and not just mentally superior, which some would argue is more important in defining us--Then we better damn well consider the concequences of our actions and not just take natures gifts for granted. Lest we just turn into some boring AI program with no emotion that is just really smart, and has aspirations of taking over the universe....

That's why we save endangered species.
Why do you think those stupid pandas are always on the news?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I give thanks to the animals that sacrificed themselves so I could stay warm. Thank you animals. I really mean it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've lived in some intensely cold environments, from experience I can say, nothing keeps you warm like real fur, not man made faux fur, not down jackets, not man made materials. Never has any I tried been able to keep me warm like fur can.

I do feel that this video was horrendous, and did bring tears to my eyes. I also believe we raise animals for many reasons, and that quite often we do this in an unethical manner. I do not see it as "wrong" or unethical if we raise animals for our benefit, just as long as we do so in a humane manner. For example, I raise chickens for the eggs, I also do so in a humane manner, they are well taken care of, kept clean and dry, they are kept warm in the winter and cool in the summer, with plenty of roaming space. If I were raising them to eat, they would also be treated the same, though I would most likely not treat them as much like my pets as I do my egg hens.

How many of you here who are so upset about this video eat chicken? Or eggs?
www.dumpalink.com...
www.youtube.com... This one is in the USA.. Notice the guy bashing the chicken up against a machine.
www.youtube.com...
A short google search will show you far more horror videos of how animals are treated just in the USA, and as well, in other countries.

Unfortunately, it happens all over the world. No, I do not agree with the treatment that many animals receive at the hands of humanity. I don't believe we ought to stop eating chicken eggs, or beef, or pork, and I don't think we should stop wearing the warmest clothing on the planet either. I do think we can do these things in a humane way.

Harm None
Peace

edit on 29-11-2010 by amazed because: spelling error

edit on 29-11-2010 by amazed because: uhm. really just cause i could

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry folks, its just the Western World that has a problem with fur....

Fur is everywhere in Europe and ofcourse leather is everywhere in huge abundance. Look at your shoes...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey everybody - Shut up.

I guess I'm pretty damn happy that their were no animals skinned alive, but you really have to be some sort of prick to be able to spend your life clubbing the crap out of animals, watching them get all seizure-tastic and then dying. I don't care if it's "acceptable" in anothers' culture, it's still retarded.

But then again, I eat meat, processed food and I wear clothing so whatever.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I have just read the replies since I posted this.

I didn't post it up to start a debate about meat eaters and vegetarians. Nor did I post it to single out Chinese people.

I posted it to educate people. Simple.

The animals were skinned alive The title of the thread was not 'sensational' or 'misleading'. It is the truth.

Dog and Cat furs are often masqueraded as 'rabbit or fake fur'.... Another truth.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by remrem

However I disagree that its due to culture/religion/beliefs/customs. That's just a poor and inadequate response.

To bad you find REALITY a poor and inadequate response.
Far be it from me to be the one to tell you culture, religion and customs are EXACTLY the reason, and reality for the topic at hand - and - extreme poverty. Those are the base for truth in responses and that’s what you got, like it or not.

Just because it has been done a certain way in the past, does not make it acceptable. We are evolving all the time and that should include the brain, mind, ethics and morality.

Where in my post did I say it was acceptable?
I didn’t.
I stated what is UNACCEPTABLE is for a Westerners to judge something they know nothing about - especially when ‘our shores’ are just as perverse and even more so.

You want to see something evolved and ethical and full of morals? How about you study up on Premarin Mares and Foals? Yeah, just so women don't get those oh poor baby annoying ‘hot flashes’ - rotfl. And WE Westerners throw stones at THEM?
That’s sick.

I also find it the height of hypocrisy and ignorance to hear someone say ‘go get another job’ to someone from China.
Not only does that prove they’ve not a clue, but, they’ve also got no human compassion or care for fellow humans and obviously have never sat across a table from a hungry child and had to tell them, 'Sorry dear,it's rice again.'

peace

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If you feel I was ‘shooting the messenger’ then I apologize. Truly. I’m not aiming for you.
But I’d like to point something out.
Remember back when I said it’s videos like this that leave people with a completely distorted view of another culture and leave a terrible and hateful bias and wish to do violence in the wake of it all?

Yeah? You remember? Well now read this post...

They should change the laws in China so that NOBODY can have a kid. They should BAN anyone from reproducing over there.

They deserve their poor work conditions, sweat shops, and the chemicals and toxins that industry is doing in polluting their land and drinking water. Good for NOTHING over there.

This is SICK. They are nothing but INCOMPETENT DEGENERATES in China!!!!

See what I mean?

And I honestly don’t think the above poster is kidding.
So what’s really happened here? Did the video stop the clubbing of animals or spawn the clubbing and hate of a people?

Honestly, I applaud your effort to bring atrocities to light - that’s what we’re here for and thank you.

BUT - I just don’t see it being ‘right’ somehow that we (collectively) would rather throw stones at others before we clean up our own affairs - because in doing so not only do we breed hypocrisy, but also the type of raw ignorant hate and prejudice like we see in the fine example above.

And if anyone thinks the group who’s taking MONEY to help stop clubbing of animals in China is going to do anything but line some fat cats pocket? They’re wrong. And they’re suckers.
The only difference signing that petition makes? The person signing their name ‘feels better’ - like they’ve really ‘done something’ - when in fact, they have not.

My point? If we can’t stop clubbing of animals in China, and child sex slaves in poverty stricken nations, and the fighting of bulls in Spain, what can we do?

We can put out money and effort into changing something in our own back yard - where we can truly make a difference and that means doing something more than filling our hearts with hate for others, and signing a petition that does nothing but give us a false sense of righteousness.

By the way? What would my petition be?
To help those people who cant’ find better work, get better jobs so they don’t have to go through the hell they do each day bloodying up the innocent and staining their souls like that.

But my petition wouldn’t fly either now would it?

peace

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jontap

Everything made in China is a piece of JUNK. Made so poorly that a chimp would have done better in all reality. Now its very obvious that they have ZERO morals and ethics over there. How can ANYONE do something like that??? HOW?? How can their authorities and leadership allow such HORRIBLE treatment to living creatures. INNOCENT living creatures!!!

Well..I just brought a Mercedes Benz...For a kid. Made in HONG KONG. The name of the company is "New Ray Toys". Did i complain about the low price ? No, of course not. In one way or another, we're all being supportive to corporations making huge profits, buying what you call "Junk".

I'm sure the computer mouse i'm using in this moment was "made in China" by a sweatshop worker.
Not to mention my cats toy mouse. Not made of fur, because that's been banned in my household, still it's made in China.

The guilty ones are not the poor chinese workers, who works for much less, than we do in the western world.. We're all as guilty and we're all hypocrites

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join