It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if war breaks out?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

I hope your log cabin can withstand the initial heat blast of a hundred atomic bombs.
And then of course you'll need to eat some magic berries to stave off the radiation poisoning.
Good luck!

Just what I thought. 'Bugging out' in fallout = not a good idea!
Why this obsession with 'bugging out' anyway? The Chinese are hardly likely to invade (I'm sure they have enough of their own McDonalds, snicker... ). Far simpler to disable a country from a distance.
edit on 29-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have taken all the doors off their hinges and created little bomb shelters using cushions from the sofa. My house is quite obvious as it is the only one with white wash windows. They laugh at me in the street , but I'll be the one laughing when I arise from my door and cushion bunker, having survived nuclear armageddon

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I absolutely agree. Using nukes is a bad idea. A smart idea would be to use a couple Panamanian flagged tramp freighters off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts to launch EMP weapons a hundred miles up and maybe 50 miles inland on each coast.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Does seem to bring a little more reality to the table doesnt it?
In a heavily dependent upon electronic and electrical society, any elimination and or disruption in either or both would allow a crippling condition in which the originators would only have to sit back and allow those affected by this new darkness to consume and destroy themselves from within.
Instant 1700's , sounds like a really messy way to start the next few years that would follow.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I agree. Some of the scenarios I have heard/read predict the deaths of 70-80 percent of our population within a year. Possibly up to 50% of those occurring within the first 90 days. One book on the topic actually postulates a 90% mortality rate within North America and that was from just 1 weapon 300 miles up over the center of the country. So, why bother to nuke and have to deal with all that radioactive fallout, nuclear winter etc...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
maybe this universe is a mirror. So maybe some more postive thoughts would be nicer.. Why do we need thread sabout war all the time.. What if peace broke out.. what would you do then......
Better than a 1000 useless words is a single word of peace.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If China used their merchant fleet to get soldiers into the country for a sneek attack, (a la world at war comp game) they could land a large force on US soil, in key ports, theoretically simultaniously, or just to close togeather for the military to stop the landing. Then there would be major problems, the guard would be called up and reserves. However, the Chinese could get a good toe hold on US soil. Also could happen during the war if the Chinese used ships that are flying false colors.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
focusing all my attention on eradicating all the asshles who helped bring us to this point in our evolution, while gathering up ma goldnsilver, matees

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I would do what I have been doing for some time.

Hiding out in the woods,getting prepared to live primatively.

Let the world destroy itself while I wait for it to finish itself off.

You're hardly "hiding out in the woods" if you have power, a computer, and can get online. You need to look up the definition of "hiding in the woods" and "living off the grid".

Personally, I live AND work less than two miles from a major international airport. No point in securing my home against nuclear attack.

Given the massive casualties expected during a nuclear attack or when the world goes to #, I think it's pretty arrogant of ANYONE to assume that they're going to survive when TSHTF.

Unless you're specifically trained with YEARS of experience in survival training (IE, probably nothing less than military special forces) your likelihood of surviving such times is very limited. The stated population decline is "9 out of every ten will be removed". What makes you think you're special enough to be the ONE that survives?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm a REALIST.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by freedish

I hope your log cabin can withstand the initial heat blast of a hundred atomic bombs.
And then of course you'll need to eat some magic berries to stave off the radiation poisoning.
Good luck!

Just what I thought. 'Bugging out' in fallout = not a good idea!
Why this obsession with 'bugging out' anyway? The Chinese are hardly likely to invade (I'm sure they have enough of their own McDonalds, snicker... ). Far simpler to disable a country from a distance.
edit on 29-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

The Chinese can't figure out McDonald's drive thrus. It's a lot more likely that the Chinese would attack with a socio-economic strike combined with a massive cyber attack rather than with their military or nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
I would hunker down and stay very aware of what exactly is happening. We're already prepared with food, water, etc. I'm in California (Northern end) so if someone nuked San Francisco and there was a southern breeze, we would bug out. We're prepared for that, too. But I don't think it will get that far - they'll just do enough to scare us and keep our eyes off the doomed dollar and worsening depression.

If someone nuked San Francisco, California would be in mass chaos, and likely road gridlock (if vehicles were even working -not likely), within minutes. I hope your "bug out" plan doesn't involve using ANY transportation of ANY kind other than walking, or rely on ANYTHING electronic such as a cell phone or GPS, none of which would work after such an attack.

Enjoy your walk through the radioactive wasteland. If San Francisco is nuked, likely many other cities would be too.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hey SOL, did you figure in that China's non-existant Navy, as you call, it now posesses a weapon that can destroy Aircraft Carriers......Dude never say never!!!
Who knows what the SLEEPING GIANT of China has been doing all these years when NOBODY has been watching them.....never say never!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It is only a land based missile. While it would help defend China from us invading, it would be of absolutely no use in support an invasion of the US.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Having read "Unrestricted Warfare", I agree and think this is the most likely scenario.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is some quick info on it and you can find a translated version online. If you haven't read it and are interested in China's thoughts on how a war should be waged you may wanna check into it. It's like what Sun Tzu would of thought up if lived in today's world.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum
reply to post by babybunnies

Having read "Unrestricted Warfare", I agree and think this is the most likely scenario.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is some quick info on it and you can find a translated version online. If you haven't read it and are interested in China's thoughts on how a war should be waged you may wanna check into it. It's like what Sun Tzu would of thought up if lived in today's world.
Nice find. I had heard of this but never taken the time to read it. I shall rectify that oversight now. Terrorism is already "defeating" the USA by changing us, or at least acting as a catalyst to speed up the change from republic to dictatorship. One thine other nations should consider about the US becoming a dictatorship though. As a republic our nation's military might is somewhat restrained by public opinion, among other factors, once the people have no influence at all.......

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'd probobally smile, let out a chuckle.... and look for the hoards of teenagers, all on there cellphones bahahhahahaa

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrone

Thanks Ty,like I said, never say never. I also have to think that the Nuke Subs have same stealth.Bringing a Launch First strike then just ease the cargo carriers full of Infantry into the Ports of L.A. Frisco bay and Portland and Seattle kind of scenario....I see how that could work..........never say never!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yessir,

That's sort of what that whole book is about. By waging an economic war through globalism and a technological war through the internet, they can just goad America into tearing herself apart. It's the new bomb.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

I read it. It is an excellent piece on asymmetrical warfare. That is a strategy with a good chance of succeeding. As shown by current events.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join