It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips

In another Twiiter message, one reader suggests that the leaks would contain the UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) reports, which the Pentagon is not making open despite repeated pleas from the pro-UFO forums.

On its part, WikiLeaks said, "The Pentagon is hyperventilating again over fears of being held to account."

(International Business Times - 23 hours ago)

In my dreams.

That would be simply awesome...ya...probably just a fantasy...will be more "people killed, civilians killed, etc" depressing stuff..

but for just a moment..imagine what would happen if something like that was released...

definately a worldwide mind blowing event...followed by alot of questions...and about 5000 sci-fi movies immediately starting to go into production.

(gah...just thought -what if the leaks proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Obama was in fact a kenyan. lol....meh, the ufo thing is actually more likely in my opinion)
edit on 26-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: speculation is fun

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is great but it might also be bad. S&F for you my friend.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

That's because its clear wiki-leaks is against America. When it comes to any of their major releases they are always directed to America. What happened to the rest of the world? Surely the supposed white knights of information have other countries to release stuff on as well right? Maybe they do have an objective with the timing of their releases. If they really wanted to release stuff to the public they would just release it. You don't think this dog and pony show is for the little people on this planet? They are playing to some one with all their publicity stunts. Something doesn't smell right...seems more like they like to play games rather than just release the information they have. Why all the grandstanding?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Agreed...its odd how a conspiracy website is not really questioning the underlying motives behind wikileaks..why they seem to me incredibly one sided against the US...where is the china leaks.

Just the some versions:
1. wikileaks is disinfo agent of cia.
2. 3rd Power has ruled that resource.
--------------------
what version is to be real will be seen clearly a little later, but, anyway, wikileaks is curious moment of our days

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by wcitizen

No matter the reason for a leak, there is a gain by doing so, by someone. The gains may be different depending on the circumstances, but there is one. Nothing is for free (as SaturnFX has already pointed out) and everything that happens with regards to wikileaks, happens for a reason. Let's be real, altruism is not likely to be one of those reasons. But 'meh, I may be a cynic, it's not impossible.

Off to dinner, cheers.

edit on 25-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Yes, you may be a cynic....lol!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why does Wikileaks have to be a disinfo agent of the CIA? Maybe it's Russian, British, German or anyone else for that matters sponsorship.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

Yeah who knows, I have a feeling though that their real purpose isn't releasing information just for the hell of releasing it. When leaks like that happen there is always a reason behind it. Especially when they are leaks of this quantity.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
S&F, funny how the truth always hurts us?
keepin us honest, thats what wiki leaks is doin, I like it

Big brother needs to be checked on every once in a while!

edit on 25-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

I agree wholeheartedly, however, my concern is, perhaps this whole wikileaks thing is really a false flag. Think about it; what better excuse to take control over the internet and control the free-flow of information? Just like 9/11 was used to virtually eliminate our civil freedoms, this so-called "leak" could very well be the work of the U.S. government working in concert with other countries. If there is truly a plan in place to implement a one-world government, then it would seem plausible that these other countries would be on board with such a plan. Julian could very well be a CIA operative in the most elaborate hoax ever perpetrated.

I'm just throwing it out there to chew on...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Despite opinions to the contrary, separating the source/motive of information from the actual content/quality of that same information is asinine. No one and nothing does anything without motive: real world, street proven concrete reality.

Assange and his group of 'cyber-leakers' are as agenda driven and politically motivated as any they would pretend to 'expose', and whether the 'info' they expose is technically 'valid' or not has no bearing simply because it will always be released selectively and out of context so long as that is the case.

This is nothing but a case of one group(wikileaks) slamming another group(whomever) and expecting people far removed from the actual acts concerned to be swayed to a certain viewpoint.

Namely, swap your world view from one perspective............. to theirs.

It's smoke and mirrors, don't buy it without critically considering the entire situation.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why does Wikileaks have to be a disinfo agent of the CIA?

i mentioned

but i'm doubt of your suspects
Russia has had too many internal troubles to run something as wikileaks, Europe must lose last pieces of sanity to do it because they are too fastened with USA. most likeliest version for me is cia hand because maximal effective lies are to operate Truth
however, we can see interesting examples: Ahmadi Nijad, Fidel Castro been alive without the least respect to the holy will of buckie clans + some other aspects.
all these moments rise strong question "how cia can misfire there w\o participation of 3rd Power? "

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My take on this is...

Wikileaks have so far handled their leaks responsibly, and with conscience. But they have shown inexperience in handling it, which have resulted in the exposure of Afghan contacts working with PMC's/PSC's in the country (which I know from at least one source in the industry).

I hope they handle it as responsibly and professionally now as they did last time, but also that they have learned from their inexperience, and will be even more careful to protect people's identities this time around. Even if they do, however...two million are a whole lot of documents to filter through...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

www.cbc.ca

The United States government and its diplomats around the world are nervously awaiting the latest release of WikiLeaks documents, more than two million, expected late Friday or Saturday.

U.S. officials said the documents may contain accounts of compromising conversations with political dissidents and friendly politicians. They also could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world and result in the expulsion of U.S. diplomats from foreign postings.

The U.S. ambassador to Canada...
(visit the link for the full news article)

"damage U.S. relations with allies around the world"

psh ill see it when i believe it. i mean # every time something comes out on this website its always "its the end for the united states."

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can't wait. I have the feeling the leak will reveal the level of corruption around the world, orchestrated by the White House.

I also find it funny how so many still think WL is a CIA front. I wonder what WL has to do to convince them otherwise. I can accept WL being a russian or chinese intel operation, but why would the CIA shoot itself in the foot?

Bring it on WL, help change the world please.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

but why would the CIA shoot itself in the foot?

yes, your question is absolutely reasonable. however, look, gov. have whimpered of possible threats so loudly, but do Nothing to stop'em: gov. knows everyone of WL team, thus cia can intercept all materials of wl & all whistleblowers can be revealed. & tons-by-tons "secret" data gone wild
+ what info, issued by wl, was so harmful for gov?

edit on 26-11-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

Why does Wikileaks have to be a disinfo agent of the CIA?

i mentioned

but i'm doubt of your suspects
Russia has had too many internal troubles to run something as wikileaks, Europe must lose last pieces of sanity to do it because they are too fastened with USA. most likeliest version for me is cia hand because maximal effective lies are to operate Truth
however, we can see interesting examples: Ahmadi Nijad, Fidel Castro been alive without the least respect to the holy will of buckie clans + some other aspects.
all these moments rise strong question "how cia can misfire there w\o participation of 3rd Power? "

You're misquoting me here. You're replying to my post but you've included quotes from someone else, I didn't say either of those things.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well after reading everybody's reply.

I have to ask myself this....

Who would have the most to gain by releasing the info?

1. Some geeky internet do gooders?

2. The Republicans trying to drag the present administration across the coals even though it has exposed other actions by the previous administration?

3. China or Russia or both in an attempt to expose what goes on in back room maneuvers in order to put the US in a bad light?

Also I haven't read anybody thus far bring up the very real possibility that by Wiki releasing this information that it could possibly not only expose US wrong doing but also expose some rather embarrassing information about...

US/Chinese/Russian/_____

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wonder if the internet kill switch is on the cards?
Would ensure its stopped from being made public.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Personally I feel that since this US Administration came into power the relationship Americans share with their friends and allies has taken rather a nose dive, so I think you could add this leak as a continuation of a policy with the current US Administration using Wikileaks to further isolate Americans from their allies.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I can't help but wonder if it is only us 'conspiracy theorists' who give a toss.

I wonder what General Joe Public think about this news? I wonder if any of them will even take any notice when the documents are released.

Sorry, I hate generalising but all but one person I know gives a sheet.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

I was wondering if anyone else would notice the comment that stood out to me from the article in Slayer's initial post.

This time WikiLeaks said the report will be on Afghanistan, Russia and other former Soviet republics, suggesting huge embarrassments, as well as classified U.S. discussions revealing corruption allegations against foreign government leaders. That's what has the U.S. extremely worried.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

Why would he do it? Who cares, this stuff should be dragged out into the light of day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join