It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

www.cbc.ca

The United States government and its diplomats around the world are nervously awaiting the latest release of WikiLeaks documents, more than two million, expected late Friday or Saturday.

U.S. officials said the documents may contain accounts of compromising conversations with political dissidents and friendly politicians. They also could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world and result in the expulsion of U.S. diplomats from foreign postings.

The U.S. ambassador to Canada...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here you go kidies something to sink your Conspiracy teeth into. One could imagine the carnage from the impending DOOM I mean release. Here is a Canadian perspective.

WikiLeaks said the report will be on Afghanistan, Russia and other former Soviet republics. This could turn into an international bloodbath what with the recent Russian Arms dealer brought to the US etc.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Eeeeyag, this sounds like a bad one, good grief, please keep me informed. I have a bad feeling about this one Slayer.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
S&F, funny how the truth always hurts us?
keepin us honest, thats what wiki leaks is doin, I like it

Big brother needs to be checked on every once in a while!

edit on 25-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's a threat to homeland security if it airs their dirty laundry. However, it's also a supposed threat to homeland security if we don't let them "air" our "dirty laundry" by reaching in our under garmets.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Leaks happen because someone has something to gain from that release.
Now, who has something to gain, that may not be as obvious as one would think.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think nervously waiting is an understatement.

I am sure they have a general idea of what is about to be released.. but not sure of the grand scope of it all.

Better to start apologizing quickly it seems.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
They are nervous because they have hidden so much dirt and played so many dirty games they're terririfed of what might be about to be exposed.

I read on another site - might have been reuters - that they think US has been supporting a listed terrorist group and this may be about to be exposed. That is the kind of thing which would be priceless - proof that they have been funding and supporting 'the enemy' as well and blaming it on others. I am hoping some such thing will demolish their credibility and expose them for what they are.

Whoever provided these documents to WL must have been totally sickened by what they were seeing, let's hope their efforts produce some much needed good results.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Agreed...its odd how a conspiracy website is not really questioning the underlying motives behind wikileaks..why they seem to me incredibly one sided against the US...where is the china leaks.

I question the intent...the argument is that this guy is doing it because he is a sort of white knight trying to bring the truth...really...since when is everything black and white...

skeptical...very skeptical

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
They are nervous because they have hidden so much dirt and played so many dirty games they're terririfed of what might be about to be exposed.

I read on another site - might have been reuters - that they think US has been supporting a listed terrorist group and this may be about to be exposed. That is the kind of thing which would be priceless - proof that they have been funding and supporting 'the enemy' as well and blaming it on others. I am hoping some such thing will demolish their credibility and expose them for what they are.

Whoever provided these documents to WL must have been totally sickened by what they were seeing, let's hope their efforts produce some much needed good results.

Oh hell...the US started the taliban...and indirectly Al Queda...this is not some secret conspiracy...its a well documented fact
-shrugs-

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Leaks also happen because someone with integrity and courage is not prepared to remain silent and inactive in the face of something they believe is utterly wrong and immoral.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Leaks also happen because someone with integrity and courage is not prepared to remain silent and inactive in the face of something they believe is utterly wrong and immoral.

That is the propaganda line, yes...now, the question is...do we question that or not.
Politicians win by saying they are going to washington to fight corruption..good words..but is that their underlying intent?

Question all, investigate, and take nobodys word as gospel..including the person you think is giving you something for nothing.

nothing is free.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Right... um, how does that negate what I wrote? No matter. People will believe what they will and that will generally be what fits into their "reality" whatever that may be. Especially here.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Oh hell...the US started the taliban...and indirectly Al Queda...this is not some secret conspiracy...its a well documented fact
-shrugs-

Yes, that wouldn't be big news....they mentioned PKK in the article I read....but of course, it's all speculation until the docs are released. If it is PKK, however, that would be extremely uncomfortable for US.

Here's some info I found on it:

The PKK is an armed terrorist organization, listed as such by the U.S.
Government and the European Union.

􀂾 The PKK’s goal is to create an independent, communist, ethnically pure
Kurdish state, carved out of Turkey, Iran and Syria. PKK’s goal is Kurdish
secession from the Republic of Turkey by force and the threat of force against
civilians and military personnel. THIS GOAL IS NOT SHARED BY THE VAST
MAJORITY OF TURKISH CITIZENS OF KURDISH ORIGIN.

􀂾 For over 25 years, the PKK has used INDISCRIMINATE VIOLENCE against
civilian and military targets alike in Turkey and in Europe.
End quote

I guess if it were true, that would not go down too well.

But - at this stage it's mere speculation.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Right... um, how does that negate what I wrote? No matter. People will believe what they will and that will generally be what fits into their "reality" whatever that may be. Especially here.

Did I say it negated what you wrote, or is that something you believe because it fits into your reality?
second

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No matter the reason for a leak, there is a gain by doing so, by someone. The gains may be different depending on the circumstances, but there is one. Nothing is for free (as SaturnFX has already pointed out) and everything that happens with regards to wikileaks, happens for a reason. Let's be real, altruism is not likely to be one of those reasons. But 'meh, I may be a cynic, it's not impossible.

Off to dinner, cheers.

edit on 25-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I think a lot of countries have a lot to gain, especially China and Russia. I guess they would be pleased to see their rival going down and loosing all of its credibility!

My opinion...but I'm aware it's probably more complicated and twisted than I think...as it always is!
edit on 25-11-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
S&F, funny how the truth always hurts us?
keepin us honest, thats what wiki leaks is doin, I like it

Big brother needs to be checked on every once in a while!

edit on 25-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

Well that's true but at what cost?
Will it be worth it?

Just asking?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Sky reports US Ambassador visits Downing Street in advance of Wikileaks document release

Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd briefed by Hillary Clinton on Wikileaks, according to SMH

Canada briefed by US Ambassador according to CBC

Denmark briefed by US Ambassador on WikiLeaks according to Danish press

Norway briefed by US on WikiLeaks according to NRK (state TV)

Yes, "nervously awaiting" is definitely an understatement!

Also, just posted on Wikileaks' Twitter:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I agree, from what I heard China is backing the US in the next war. I'm thinking their target could be Russia and various other allies of Russia; probably North Korea or the Ukraine who knows?

In my own opinion I think the people of Russia need the support of the world and for everyone to not condemn them in any way; it has nothing to do with the Russian people; it never is the people.

No matter what, whichever country is targeted in the next war needs the support of the civilians in every country, every town in the world.

...and I have the feeling that the Cyber Terrorism act will be a launch point to deter civilian forces from either establishing themselves (like pre-crime, a fishing hunt of Civi's), or by a false flag to limit the Internet and/or international communication altogether.

EDIT: Just a thought. I am a fan of Julian Assange and the Wikileak team, staff from The Onion Router, the developer of AnonymOS and Incognito and CCC. Though, what if the insurance file was the seed of the next false flag cyber terrorism event? Embedded code is very easy to use, it bypasses Anti-Virus programs (stubbed file), the user is none the wiser. I'm just thinking, "What if"?

I would of course prefer this not to happen.
edit on 25/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join