It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
S&F, funny how the truth always hurts us?
keepin us honest, thats what wiki leaks is doin, I like it

Big brother needs to be checked on every once in a while!

edit on 25-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

Well that's true but at what cost?
Will it be worth it?

Just asking?

Yes it will be worth it, people are acting like suppresing the truth is a good thing. IMO this is war crimes etc. hiding behind national security risks!
edit on 26-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add things

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephenofacts
this could hurt our ties with Israel check this out http:
//www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.25177ec61aed2bd3050d3e2b8bda84d2.311&show_article=1

Noooo not Israel! We wouldn't want to hurt our ties with them after all they have done for us!
2nd

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

so true

Why would we want our realations damaged with a nation which tries sinks our ships, drains us of our money, pours money into our media to brainwash us, and uses our weapons and money to bully the Middle East?

edit on 26-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add things

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Since the OP mentions US ambassadors - the US ambassador in the Eastern European country Bulgaria is found annoying by most people in Bulgaria. He's all over the place - he goes beyond his authority in messing with interstate politics. He is almost as often talked about in the local news as the President and the Prime Minister of Bulgaria. He even became something like a movie star, starring in a local TV serial.
This comes as too much publicity to locals. I don't think this is the face the US is trying to show to foreigners. Many people find the guy annoying and as a result, they often get angry with the USA because of his extreme publicity. I won't disclose his name, but you can find it on the Internet.
edit on 26-11-2010 by imnessie because: ***

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

....Thread Update....

Interesting perspective
U.S.: Wikileaks release will put lives in danger

Warning follows American calls on Israel and other allies to prepare for embarrassment from exposure of classfified documents.

The Obama administration is condemning the expected release of classified diplomatic cables by the Wikileaks website and warning that it will endanger lives and interests.

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said Friday that the administration is continuing the process of warning governments around the world about what may be in the documents. He said the U.S. and its allies are bracing for what may be coming.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
the shadyness goes both ways with america and Israel. I wonder who really is in charge

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

woooot wooot,

Not for the lives being in danger or anything, for someone finaly stepping up and air ing out their dirty laundry just like laws like the patriot act air out ours, the citizens!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well since this is not information on the war and soldiers but (i think) on foreign policy and relations if this leak gets someone killed, well that might be indicative of them being assholes while they were alive. We will be especially certain if their is a rash of government workers jumping out of buildings.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A little "leak" prior to the *big* Wikileak:

In Norway, U.S. officials released a statement from the ambassador to the newspaper Dagbladet with the understanding that it would not be published until after the WikiLeaks material came out, but the newspaper published the material ahead of time.

It quoted U.S. Ambassador to Norway Barry White saying that, while he could not vouch for the authenticity of the documents, he expected them to contain U.S. officials' candid assessments of political leaders and political movements in other countries. He said diplomats had to be able to have private, honest discussions to do their jobs.

www.breitbart.com...

Well, given that the info. is from Norway, we would not expect much, here.

But, maybe the US Amb.'s comments are a *little* view of what's to come, or how *they* want us to perceive them???
edit on 26-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: link

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sorry-double post

edit on 26-11-2010 by sonjah1 because: computer malfunction

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is a total joke if the government did not want the WikiLeaks to continue the Powers That Be would shut the whole operation down in a heart beat do not kid yourself. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
This is a total joke if the government did not want the WikiLeaks to continue the Powers That Be would shut the whole operation down in a heart beat do not kid yourself. ^Y^

They can't mate, the insurance file is already out in the open, tens of thousands of people, maybe more; have already downloaded it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Well, I guess they'll try making Internet much more restricted or something and if they do this the uproar in Western nations will be huge. The good thing is Internet is too big to be fully restricted and I don't think it can be 'stopped'. The power of the Internet is tremendous - I wonder why politicians let it be freely accessible in the first place - I mean they must have known that it would become an endless source of knowledge and information?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by imnessie

Hell yeah, the Internet is the destruction of TPTB. Start downloading all your favourite websites for offline viewing, I highly recommend mirroring the Ubuntu forums, Backtrack forums etc as I think in the very near future every normal person will be forced to use Linux in order to get that old freedom on the net as they once did. Also grab a few distros of Linux because they might take them down.

The Insurance file leak may actually start an anti cyber terrorism act that is very very tyrannic.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm certain this insurance file contains the cables, or at least some of them. It's too important of a release to risk posting in the limited amount they are capable of even with the mirrors. I think we will wake up to a password one day soon. Maybe Christmas haha.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

They can't mate, the insurance file is already out in the open, tens of thousands of people, maybe more; have already downloaded it.

no, my friend, amari is hella right
only two versions look sane:
1. disinfo.
2. 3rd Power.
-----------------------------
many useful methods were designed to bury any info leaks & all roots of those leaks. here, we seen really gushing of classified docs like kinda bp gusher. why & how cia did allow to have happened it???
i can assure you if you would try to publish something hotty about darkie affairs of gov. w\o proper protection, you was processed in Silence as well & your web-site in no Time too

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

You overestimate their power.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imnessie

I wonder why politicians let it be freely accessible in the first place - I mean they must have known that it would become an endless source of knowledge and information?

you're correct good-old-fashioned Internet is Devilicious baddy place for propagandistic monkeys, on other flip it's pure Ideal place for info games of widest Spectrum to collect data about different communities & to wheel public eyes towards proper Vector

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
this seems to be a interesting post, but i can not see where their is any proof of what is going to be released.

you have gov't talking with other ambassadors and such, you have pre-leaks, but thats it.

so how come these posts seem to take both opposing and pro release of documents, speculation of war with russia, or korea, etc.

how can anyone make any educated argument for or against if WE do not know whats in them yet?????
edit on 26-11-2010 by ParkerCramer because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
S&F, funny how the truth always hurts us?
keepin us honest, thats what wiki leaks is doin, I like it

Big brother needs to be checked on every once in a while!

edit on 25-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: spelling

Well that's true but at what cost?
Will it be worth it?

Just asking?

Quoting the great Google Chairman/CEO Eric Schmidt; "If you have something that you don’t want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place".
Eric Schmidt Wiki Page

edit on 27-11-2010 by thepixelpusher because: added link

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join