It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cold War has begun(?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You have read the headline correct no need for a second glance. A second Cold War has unofficially begun and this showdown will be a struggle between the East and the West. Will the final result be a collapse of the already economically and politically weakened United States or will it end with the collapse of a growing economic and political global force known as China?

This Cold War has only begun and will be a full out economic and political war with proxy battles and wars that will reach around the world. During the Soviet-American Cold War we seen proxy wars spring up around the world with many nations siding with Soviet Union and others siding with the United States. There were nations which remained neutral between the two warring factions.

The current situation in the Middle East between Iran and Israel is very significant in respect to this new Cold War, so too is the situation developing on the Korean peninsula. For the Cold War to be truly recognizable we must have two nations at odds on each Continent each siding either with China or with the USA.

Iran – Israel Struggle

The fact that Israel has nuclear weapons is an open secret they have plenty of nuclear weapons and this has kept the other Middle East nations at bay. Allowing Israel to commit assaults upon the Arab people without any large retaliation other than a few skirmishes with armed groups along its borders.

Iran however is developing its power and is beginning to rival the regional influence of the state of Israel and actually posing a threat to its regional dominance. With the development of Iranian nuclear power and the buildup of its military and weaponry they are now becoming a state with enough power to influence the decisions of Israel.

But why has there been no strike on Iran? Because a strike on Iran would be the equivalent of the US striking Cuba during the Soviet-American Cold War, it would lead to a massive retaliation. Israel and the United States know this fact and so they tread the waters with caution. Of course China has given into sanctions against Iran and why not? China doesn’t want to be blunt about their attempt at taking super power status, it would not benefit them at this current moment.

Israel is a proxy state for the United States dominance in the Middle East which through Israel it maintained a monopoly on power over the ME. Now with the rise of the Chinese backed Iran there will be two proxies in the ME both serving the interests of the states that brought them to regional power.

China does not want a large war on their border (Afghanistan-Pakistan) causing instability in their Western regions. China wants cheap energy resources for themselves and so they must secure a state in the ME which will give that to them. This country which has the ability to lock up the key transport route for almost all ME oil is Iran and they are a key strategic proxy to have in the region for a growing superpower.

So do not expect any Iranian war. Iran will develop nuclear technology as deterrence to the West and this will keep any direct conflict between the two states from ever occurring.

The Korean Conflict

With more debt uncertainty in Europe and now a crisis on the Korean peninsula which was caused by S. Korea launching artillery shells into N. Korean territory. 1 There is now speculation that this might have been a staged crisis to boost the US Dollar. 2 .

With uncertainty growing in Eastern Asia this impacts the Chinese economy and redirects investment into a safe haven, the United States. By using this as a ploy the United States could be waging economic war against China and it might just get a lot worse after the revelation that China and Russia will be doing trade in their own currencies instead of the US Dollar coming just one day after the Korean conflict. 3

This means the Koreas will once again be a place of extreme tensions between two proxy states guaranteeing that there will never be a united Korean peninsula, at least not in our lifetimes.

These two events occurring in the Middle East and East Asia are only the beginning of an inevitable show down between two nations which if they go to direct war will be M.A.D. but are also dependant on each other for economic survival.

Either nation could easily walk away from each other ending trade and dropping bonds but it would be disastrous for both national economies so the best they can do when waging this Cold War is to keep the same economic situation continuing and fight each other with proxy economic, political, and military wars.

I am sure many more nations will step up to the plate and side with their own nation of ‘choice’.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree with you 100%, and I think it has been going on for longer than most realize.

When it becomes of the benefit of the west to publicize it, they will label it a cold war. Until then, they will continue to report these things as individualized events.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
hello Misoir

There have been rumors that the last cold war was a fiction created for the peeps to justify the military industrial complexes' total expansion in wealth and power.
We know for instance Clinton supplied both the Russians and the Chinese with critical secret data
It is said Russia got the bomb from the US...we know rummy gave the bomb to n korea...

could this cold war be manufactured for the peeps, as well?
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well that is quite possible but do not expect any technology boom that is for sure. A lot of people know both Soviets and the USA brought over Nazi's after WW2 and stole Nazi technology and that is how the inventions during the Cold War were able to explode into the Space Race and such.

So what could be a real 'race' of sorts between the USA and China and you also have to look at who is pumping money into China at the beginning of this Cold War which is right now. That should give you an indication of exactly what is going on and what to expect.

I do think that this will be engineered for a competition which will inevitably place way more restrictions and more domestic spying and expanding the wiretaps and such. You want to see 1984 this will be our time here in the West, the United States especially.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey Mis!

As I ponder how the future might look back upon this, our little chunk of time, my intuitions tend to agree with your general statements about a new cold war. Where I have a more difficult time is discerning what the parameters of this new stand-off might be.

Media tends to want to suggest that the answer to this is to be found in religious dogma... Judeo/Christianity against Islam. So much so that we currently have a "war on terror" that anyone with wisdom can actually see is every bit as much a "tenth crusade" as the previous nine from the tenth and eleventh centuries. Terror comes in so many forms... yet this word has become something we only associate, these days, with Islam.

I think we, in the west, buy into all of this without even questioning it. We purchase it on face value.

But this version of things doesn't include China. And China simply must be factored into any and all world affairs these days - especially where Asia is involved. After all Asia is China's backyard... So why is one member (the US) of the UN security council waging war in an area so close to another members (China) power base?

Think about that for a minute... If Mexico... or Canada were to suffer some upheaval... would we expect the Chinese to supply the troops and forces to normalize things? Would we even allow it if the Chinese chose to do so on their own? The answer of course is that we would not. WW3 would probably be the result...

So why is China allowing us to operate in their neighborhood? Why are they not threatening all out war over it?

I think the only logical answers one can derive from this are that we (NATO, the US) are either operating in that theater with Chinas blessing... Or, more probable to me... We are there on Chinas behalf.

Most pundits want us to believe that the future (or current) cold war is a US vs China prospect. I put it to you, ATS, to consider this....

The reality of it all is that the new reality is that it is the US and China vs the world. That the mega corporations operate as easily and openly in both the US and Chinese economy and that this oligarchical corporate entity supersedes "Democratic" and "Communist" dogmas. For a few decades now China has been becoming more and more democratic in practice - while the west has been becoming increasingly totalitarian in how our governments operate... We have been heading towards a sort of compromise "meeting the middle"...

The nature of this "new" cold war, to me, factoring the things I have touched upon into it, becomes glaringly simple in nature... The US and China are now forcing the third world, state by state, inch by inch, into mandatory modernization... Into being rational and good consumer based nations. This is the nature of our new paradigm... We seek out those nations where Wal Mart does not sell cheap and affordable products, produced in China... And we bomb them until Wal Mart is able to build.

Turns out that Big Brother isn't the government... Big Brother is simply greed.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I never really considered that possibility but it would make equal if not more sense. The interests of the United States and of China are basically the same, global corporatism. It’s like good cop-bad cop. The United States is used as the military power to force these countries into the corporatist hands and the countries that America makes angry China is there to help them.

Basically the United States and China are working together against the world. Against every nation and the fellow NATO nations are being played as just the stupid military friends of the US to help its agenda. I do believe the Eurocrats are up to the same thing as the US and China but I do not think the individual European nations would be too happy to know they are being used.

Your scenario makes a lot of sense and requires me to do some more research. Thank you Hefficide. You get a Star from me.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. The real enemy is not race, religion nor nation specific, they have people on every side of every conflict. The real enemy officially doesn't exist, but we've all met them.

top topics

join