It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck's radio show: 'We gotta stand with our North Korean allies'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She's smart in certain areas. She's funny, she's not afraid to get dirty.

Actually...from what I seen...everything she was doing was a first.
She is touted how she is basically this outdoors type woman and all of this stuff is like second nature...yet you watch it and she is thumbs everywhere, she has so far done nothing that wasn't obviously her first time doing it.

Like me doing a SaturnFX in Florida, then going bonkers when I see an alligator in a canal or being freaked out and amazed at how an airboat moves over land and sea...it isn't very convincing for it being second nature to me.

Don't get me wrong...I actually think she may have found her actual niche...she should work for tourism in alaska and drop from politics all together...she is fun to watch and her daughters she is now trying to turn into movie stars are cute as a button. I think she should have a hallelujah moment and realize her strengths and weaknesses over the long term. Explore the backwoods of America and do a sort of "survivorgirl" series..

As far as her cuteness scale goes...I don't think anyone disagreed with that from the get-go...actually, that was one of the annoying parts of 08 after people got to know her...realizing the right pushed her forward not for her ability on anything...but simply she had a nice set, a cute face, and was adorable in her folksyness..which is great for marketing, but not good for deciding who the president should be.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
When a person has an actual opinion on a topic, rather than rely on others writings delivered from a teleprompter, these things are bound to happen.

Now, when one who relies on a teleprompter these things are bound to happen:
"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith,"
Quote byObama on ABC
edit on 25-11-2010 by nocents because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
this woman "Terror Sarah" is an idiot.
course maybe that is exactly what
TPTB wants. Just 1 idiotic thing
after another. If she's elected we're in
deep doo doo.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I haven't seen other shows, just this one and it was deep sea fishing and it did look like it was her first time. I suspect when she goes hunting, she's not carrying a gun, but just going along for the outing. I agree she should go into show business or TV instead of the presidency. MUCH less pressure and she's cut out for it. She would fail miserably in any political arena.

When I said attractive, I wasn't really talking about her looks (which she does have), but her demeanor and 'folksiness', like you said.

She has a real and obvious talent to take her 15 minutes of fame and turn it into millions and millions of dollars! I wouldn't mind having her coach me on how to make the most money out of a total failure!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I really really really wouldn't want hilary clinton as president either that women is spawn from hell....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Obama says he is a Muslim and Stephanopoulos corrects him and its a misspeak,Palin misspeak's and she is an idiot.This could only come from the left.

Progressive liberalism truely is a mental disorder,this is beyond lame.

And truthfully I can't stand this woman,just to full of herself and the only thing I have noticed her improve on is spin away from any question she can't or won't answer because she doesn't know or it will make her look bad if she does answer it.She has lost alot of truth in her speak.

She is fast becomeing a "politican"
edit on 25-11-2010 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nocents

So, when Sarah makes a gaffe, it's because she has an actual opinion on things, but when Obama makes a gaffe, it's because he depends on a teleprompter.
Yeah, right. No hypocrisy there...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wonder if she knows the difference between right and left...

2nd.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Obama says he is a Muslim and Stephanopoulos corrects him and its a misspeak,Palin misspeak's and she is an idiot.This could only come from the left.

Progressive liberalism truely is a mental disorder,this is beyond lame.

Both were gaffes.

judging an entire movement based on a couple responses is a mental disorder.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A simple err doesn't make you an idiot. If it does I should be kept in a cage. Another poster stated "Not crazy about her either" and that is how I feel. The funny thing about this woman is the shear evil hate directed at her and most of it comes from women. (what's up with that). Who cares if she runs or not, nobody gets to sit in that chair that isn't hand pick by TPTB. (end of story) I will be happy if we ever have another election given the state of the world today.....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yep, truly a stupid thing to say, although judging by the discussion both before and after the comment was made, it is clear she surely knows the difference between N&S.
But of course those sound bites will never make it to front pages of the msm.

Clearly a mispeak, not like the "57 states" comment that was hushed up to a certain degree.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dockman45
Who cares if she runs or not, nobody gets to sit in that chair that isn't hand pick by TPTB. (end of story) I will be happy if we ever have another election given the state of the world today.....

Thats a defeatist attitude that "tptb" has sent down to the common voter to disenfranchise people with the process so they won't vote. Don't vote, it doesn't matter, etc etc...stay home and eat nachos because thats worth more your time than voting...you are powerless, so don't bother...etc

tell me...does that sound like a realistic viewpoint, or a propaganda campaign designed to suppress the common people from voting? Are you still fooled into believing you have no effect in groups? You want to talk about politicians being a NWO puppet, yet the strings are all but clear on you (not a slam..you meaning the average population)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Clearly a mispeak, not like the "57 states" comment that was hushed up to a certain degree.

Yes...because we never heard anything about that 57 states thing again, or "my muslim faith"...it all just went away..as a matter of fact...what are we talking about? I never heard of the other two things before because it was hushed up...whatever was hushed up.

perspective....not just for artists anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Its the intire liberal movement that has brought this country where it is with this sort of nit picking to brand the other intire movement as idiots for backing someone like Palin.

How do you defend 8 pages of this childishness??

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I believe it's very possible that Palin simply made a verbal gaffe, saying "North" when she was thinking "South".

I also believe it's very possible that she really doesn't know which is which.

Gaffes are one thing, and everyone makes them. Her explanation of the bailout was enough to show the world how much of an utter fool she is. Go back and pull that video up and tell me that's a gaffe. Just google Sarah Palin Katie Couric bailout. Palin's answer and attempt to explain the bailout is the most incoherent nonsense I've ever heard. She honestly has no clue what she's talking about. You can tell by her eyes that she's checking her notes, yet all she could come up with was the verbal abortion she put forth as an answer.

I'm not excusing this as just a gaffe, nor am I stating that she just didn't know one from the other. I think either is entirely possible, as sad as that is. She's never said a single thing that indicated to me that she has any level of intelligence, yet she has said things that indicate she is not very intelligent. I doubt she knows the difference in Sunni and Shia muslims, or the difference in Wahhabi or which it came from. I doubt she knows which the majority of Iraqis are, which the majority of Iranians are or which UBL is....but she might. She may know all of that. Point being, no one knows if she knows the difference in the Koreas. It may have been a gaffe, and it may just as likely have been a case of ignorance on her part, judging by her showing of ignorance in the past.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm surprised that she didn't deride Beck for "backing her into a corner" and "asking her a difficult question". Next she'll be claiming that he's a "hostile reporter with an agenda".

He'll become the latest Katie Couric for her. Too bad she has a contract with FOX, she probably can't refuse to be interviewed by him.

I wonder how she would respond if she was asked about whether or not we should have helped the East or West Germans in the 80's?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I would like to think of it as a human need to seek entertainment.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Another sad attempt at discrediting palin, can we get on to another topic op or should i throw that the once mighty great clinton administration put not once but twice a 50 billion dollar package to north korea so that N korea would stop with their nuke program or have you forgot

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I really really really wouldn't want hilary clinton as president either that women is spawn from hell....

You're deluded. Hiliary Clinton is a seasoned politician and a world statesperson on the world stage, making difficult decisions every day.

Night and day when compared to Palin.

I would be HAPPY to see another Clinton in the White House.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Its the intire liberal movement that has brought this country where it is with this sort of nit picking to brand the other intire movement as idiots for backing someone like Palin.

I will accept that...it is the Entire liberal movement that has brought the country where it is.

the main economic force of the world, the land of multicultural acceptance and religious tolerance. A place where you can speak your mind or pray to whatever you want to without fear of prosecution or persecution.

I accept and thank you for recognising how Liberalism has truely lifted a new and backwards nation into its glory..now, lately, things have been going bad...we war too much, our capitalism tends to skew a unfair advantage towards the wealthy and that also starts a hoarding mindset towards the top few percent that ripples across the world. this is tarnishing the reputation that America was founded on..hopefully with a bit more liberalism injected to stop this world police nonsense and attempt to equal out the unjust hoarding...things will go back into a positive view of the homeland.

As far as defending 8 pages...I don't feel the need to do that. there are kids on both sides of the fence..balances things out and keeps things interesting. thinking liberals see this palin gaffe as another gaffe...in itself meaning little..the bigger point is the woman is a puppet without any actual opinions on anything that has not been force fed into her mind as to how she will think about something.

More disturbing about this interview wasn't the gaffe, which is distracting, but the substance she said...which there was none...ultimately she said in answer was...Obama sucks..we should do something, but not something good..or bad...but something...Obama failed. heh. it truely was a...erm...ok...the question was, what would you do..not a narration of confusion. She made 4 loops saying absolutely nothing.

Anyhow, thanks for the "liberalism built this country" complement...but frankly, we have to give some credit for the capitalist part to the conservatives also...not all their ideas are rubbish..just the social ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join