It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck's radio show: 'We gotta stand with our North Korean allies'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Umm....If the point that some posters are making is that Sarah is stupid and not Presidential material because of her gaffs then it is fair game to point out the obvious gaffs of the current President and past presidents.

Really? I guess I missed the memo about not keeping to the topic. My bad.

Especially since this thread from the OP was nothing but a BS partisan train wreck.

Which the members are obviously pointing out without further incitement to insanity.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Would you like to place a bet on who will take your freedoms faster?

What really matters more?

Digressive, but not a bad point, I just cringe whenever I see her speak.
Guess I take it too personally, mybad?

spec

No biggie. Ill take a country bumpkin who believes in freedom over the alternative any day. No one in government has a heart or integrity anymore. Its all about mo money and mo control. It would not hurt this country one bit to have someone who believes in the American way again. Ill admit she is a bit rough around the edges but she has the American spirit, which appeals to me.

To each his/her own..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People should ignore these threads.

Palin and beck should be no no for white house.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't think Palin is really interested in the welfare of the country i think she is addicted to attention and money.
I think she will just destroy her family and the life they did have with all the attention grabbing it is really sad for them the day she was given the opportunity to run as Vp.
My personal thing about her includes that she says things like "oh it was so beautiful the mama bear protecting its baby...when she teachers her little ones that slaughtering animals for a wall trophy is fine, a cowardly gun attack from the air on a wolf fine. :-( vegetarian here sooo...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I guess I missed the memo about not keeping to the topic. My bad.

At least you can admit when you made a mistake.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Must agree here, if something is brought into evidence by one side, the other side should have the opportunity to rebut....

And thus is the problem in American politics and the Madness board here. Sides. Everyone is concerned with sides, not content or policy. Just sides.

My only fear is that it will never end.

It will only stop when people realize that there really isn't any sides. One party, 2 faces and they are using the "sides" to continue to carve up the country, the Constitution and citizens rights.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Politicians are notoriously prone to verbal gaffs. Sarah Palin included. For the sake of my continued sanity, can we please let this non issue go? Verbal gaffs, which we all, everyone of us, have upon occasion are hardly indicative of intelligence or lack of same.

In otherwords? Non issue.

I disagree and believe it is a HUGE issue when a politician GOOFS up that significantly.

Thats not a minor goof, that is a FRIGHTENING reply whether intentional or not.

The wrong words chosen by a politician can be very DANGEROUS. They are PAID quite handsomely as public officials to do their job. Their job includes choosing the correct words or knowing what the HECK they are talking about. That is their JOB and obligation to the public.

So if you are suggesting that this be swept under the rug and ignored as a minor mistake, I disagree significantly with such a stance and cannot help pointing that out.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Honestly? I can't help but chuckle. Not exactly unexpected, but hopefully this means she's really shot herself in the foot in regards to winning any elected office in the future. Oh wait, our POTUS sometimes couldn't remember how many States there are.

Personally, I do not, have never, and will never view Palin as the 'head' of the Tea Party. The Republicans co-opted it, unfortunately. I've always felt the true Tea Party leader was Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What's the big deal? She made a mistake, she was thinking one thing but said another. I bet each and every one of you have done the same thing at some point in your life. The difference is you are not under the microscope like Palin is.

Of course she meant to say South Korea and accidently said North instead. It happens sometimes, except to all you perfect people that never make mistakes when speaking.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
What's the big deal? She made a mistake, she was thinking one thing but said another. I bet each and every one of you have done the same thing at some point in your life. The difference is you are not under the microscope like Palin is.

Of course she meant to say South Korea and accidently said North instead. It happens sometimes, except to all you perfect people that never make mistakes when speaking.

This is the point that every one is missing. Its a mistake. Grow up. Move on. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OMFG Sarah made a simple gaff!!!!!

"57 states" in Obamas America.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am the LAST person to defend Sarah Palin, and I laughed heartily when I read this, but come on! It's called a mistake.

I once was speaking about the reasons we, as a species, have kids. I said, "We have killed children for our own selfish reasons" Yep, that's how it came out. I meant to say that we have KIDS (children) for our own selfish reasons, but I smooshed the two words together and it came out "killed children". Yep, I made a MISTAKE.

But thanks, Sarah!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think that Ron White put it best when he said, "You can't fix stupid."

Maybe we should give her a break seeing how Korea is out of eyesight from her house, she gets confused.

If this woman every gets anywhere near Washington it'll be a clear sign that America has lost it and it may be time to leave it to her and her crazy supporters.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I see a couple of gaffes in this thread.
No biggie, I know what people meant to say.
Seems that when you make a career out of talking, it's bound to happen.
I do it, I'm sure many of you folks do it too. Except for a couple of you, you're perfect.
This is coming from someone who thinks Palin is a political blip, on our historical radar.

It also looks like googling the word "gaffe-o-meter" might provide some with hours of entertainment.

I just don't think they mean much. I heard a local conservative radio guy say "Kristol Palin" about 10 times on Monday, until his producer corrected him.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
This is certainly true, but the difference is, we are not in such a position of influence and potential power as she is.

So Obama and every other President should not have been President?
They all made gaffs and stupid comments at some point.

There's a difference between making stupid comments and being stupid.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
There's a difference between making stupid comments and being stupid.

You are right, Obama is stupid.

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
She's NEVER going to get the nomination, unless the GOP intentionally intends to tank the next election and I don't see that happening. Non-issue imo.

It happened in 2008. They could have run far better candidates than McCain/Palin.

I appreciate her activism and what not, but she really needs to stop presuming a successful run for the White House. She's starry eyed, and looking for glamor as far as that goes. And quite frankly I don't trust her.

If you think Jimmy Carter, Nixon, Bush and Obama are bad, put Palin in office with all that power she says the government shouldn't have...
edit on 24-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
palin would make an excellent President.

She really hasn't a clue....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join