It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck's radio show: 'We gotta stand with our North Korean allies'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
considering that rummy sold NK the junk that makes em dangerous, and they always seem to be there when ever america needs a diversion...or a scape goat or a rights removig role model....
are you certain what Sarah said was a gaff?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
palin would make an excellent President.

She really hasn't a clue....

This is the quote of the day!
What an absolutely astute observation.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I think if anyone reads this thread, they'll see the one liners and partisan hackery is pretty much your department. As the old expression goes, "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Please grow a sense of humor and try to have a happy turkey day.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
I think

Ah, there is your problem.

if anyone reads this thread, they'll see the one liners and partisan hackery is pretty much your department

It's apparent you have not read anything. Also, I'm sure you always spew the same garbage when someone disagrees with your point of view. Just because my views are different does not mean its partisan hackery. That is only your twisted interpretation.

Please grow a sense of humor and try to have a happy turkey day.

I was being humorous. Guess you are one of those you can dish it but cannot take it.
All of a sudden you get serious when someone throws your one liners back at you.

edit on 11/24/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
NOTICE:
Enough with the namecalling & poorly vieled insults directed at each other.
COURTESY IS MANDATORY ON ATS
Play nice or leave the sandbox.
edit on 24-11-2010 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Because its just appalling that she made a mistake. Our current president is so much better at not making mistakes.
Linky

This is desperation from the left.

play by play here....
it only took 4 posts past my previous for the right to chime in...

Waiting for the GWB quotes now....

You got it Dick (notice the capitalization on Dick, en.wikipedia.org... so don't take offense).

Reporter: Is the tide turning in Iraq? -- Bush: "I think - tide turning - see, as I remember, I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of, it's easy to see a tide turn - did I say those words?" June 14, 2006
edit on 24-11-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

This is so hilarious. Our country is falling apart, and the best people have to talk about is a gaffe. Get real folks, and quit all the partisan bickering. This is the stuff TPTB want us to do...stay divided over petty things. God help us all.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is an idiot. She can't even talk correctly in that quote, and doesn't even know what she talks about most of the time.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
When you're Sarah's climbing a mountain in Alaska and looks over at Russia, could it be that North Korea looks closer than South Korea?

Maybe she figured NK was a next door neighbour, like Canada.

edit on 24/11/10 by masqua because: clarified

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

OK, never thought I would defend the sexy Sarah Palin but here we go.

Anyone can make such mistakes, Sarah Palin won't be on the mic saying attack, there would be advisers around, there would be military commanders, there would war strategy experts, experts regarding treaties etc.

If you are gonna act stupid and claim that Sarah Palin could actually strike S-Korea due to a verbal mistake, then you are way over your head.

Just like Glenn, there will be numerous other people who would be there to tell her she used the wrong word, then she would correct her self.

There are thousands of other things about politicians you can use to demean them, this is not one of them, it just makes you look stupid.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Surely if it was just a slip of the tongue she would have made that clear, retracted what she said and apologised or chuckled at herself a bit, like anyone with any savvy would if they didn't want to piss all over their credibility.

Instead she said “Er yeah, we’re also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies”.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

While I agree with your sentiment, in that it's akin to a person making spelling error in a post and then attacking them for it -- which is not only a waste of bandwidth, but outright distasteful. However, I think the concern a number of people are trying to voice here is, "Did she not actually know the difference?" While I'm no great fan of hers, the little I've seen of her track record suggests the answer might actually be "no" and that's terrifying.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

While I agree with your sentiment, in that it's akin to a person making spelling error in a post and then attacking them for it -- which is not only a waste of bandwidth, but outright distasteful. However, I think the concern a number of people are trying to voice here is, "Did she not actually know the difference?" While I'm no great fan of hers, the little I've seen of her track record suggests the answer might actually be "no" and that's terrifying.

What track record would that be?

You do realize she was governor of Alaska right? It does take some brains & skills to run an entire state. To actually believe she does not know the difference between North & South Korea is just plain ludicrous.

She has accomplished more and has more experience than the current sitting President. A governor who accomplished the following is not stupid:

1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.

2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant.
Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona.
edit on 11/24/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Because its just appalling that she made a mistake. Our current president is so much better at not making mistakes.
Linky

How the he'll is a gaffe of hers desperation from the left? Does reality now have a liberal bias?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

To tell you the truth you can never know whether she knows the difference or not, you can't even know whether Obama knows the difference, they all have written speeches and simply have learned to never answer a question.

It is the advisors, the commanders, the military strategists, the experts etc

That is the only skills politicians have, recently in New Zealand, a politician accidently was reading the absolutely wrong speech which was not even related to the discussion in the parliament. It was a speech written by someone else, who read the speech in that same parliament long time ago.

It just goes to show that they are all idiots who have no purpose but a public image.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Linky

THAT kind of mistake? YES, it is appalling.

I don't care what stupid excuses people come up with to defend this ridiculous woman, only a complete idiot could "accidentally" say NK instead of SK.

Get a grip Palin supporters, if you support this woman as a serious contender you have absolutely no hope.
If she ever gets anywhere near a position of power your country is doomed.

And before you suggest I'm an Obama supporter, I don't like ANY of them!
IMO you need to trash your entire political system of the two-headed monster controlled by the banksters and start again from scratch.

Attention Tea Party people... You are being duped!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

This is what most people dont realize. Thank you for bringing all of this up.

Too many people think the Palin is nothing more than the satirized version that Tina Fey portrayed to us every Saturday night for how long (which was quite funny I must say). Unfortunately, most people will read right by your post because it contains information that they dont want to know. They will keep tuning in on Saturday nights and checking out the latest satire both there and each night with Jon Stewart and think that all they say is gospel and nothing more cold actually be true.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Everything you've described sounds wonderful. However discussing her efficacy with business doesn't say she has much or any knowledge of international relations. While I don't expect all governors to be history buffs with degrees in foreign policy. It would be nice to know it's something that she's seriously thinking about if she's planning on running for the presidential office, especially seeing as how tumultuous the world is at the moment. I think you can understand that with these sorts of gaffes it makes harder to believe that's seriously being investigated rather than just rhetoric to keep the news cycle going.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck's radio show: 'We gotta stand with our North Korean allies'

www.nydailynews.com

Sarah Palin made her latest verbal gaffe on Wednesday, claiming North Korea is one of America's allies on Glenn Beck's radio show when asked how she'd handle the recent escalation between the two Koreas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

JESUS CHRIST for the love of GOD PLEASE HELP THESE PEOPLE NOT ELECT HER COME NOVEMBER.

FIRST CLASS TICKET STRAIGHT BACK TO HELL..OMG,what more can humans do to destroy the basic concepts of life. Stay in alaska palin woman..please!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

The Tea party and Conservative leader Sarah Palin has opened her mouth again. Good God imagine if she was a POTUS and ordered a strike on South Korea or jointly run military drills with N.K against S.K. Will she need a Glenn Beck everytime to correct her!! What kind of candidate is she when she doesnt know zilt about our allies let alone foreign policies.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh, I wasn't aware that Sarah Palin was the Tea party and conservative leader. I mean seriously, did you just pull that one out of your ass? First of all, Sarah Palin is the FORMER govenor of alaska, shes not even an elected official. second, the tea party isn't a real party with real leaders, if anything the tea party leader would be the new speaker john boehner. Where the hell do you get your information from, the washington post?

Also, do you have any idea how many interviews sarah palin does? I mean if you had to do hundreds of interviews a week I'm sure you would mess up a few words like north and south. She happens to be extremely busy with politics, interviews, talk shows, books, travelling, a new hit reality show, and a mother trying to raise a family. So yeah, shes only human, and so are you.....Are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join