It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ignorance of Creationists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I give you an example.

I found out uk is using electronic mind control in schools in 1992. So how many people in science ever found that out, and that means the ones that deny it are ignorant does it not?

Shows you ignorance is everywhere.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightfury
I DO NOT belive in macro evolution where a human came from a monkey.

You also apparently DO NOT believe in actually learning about evolution. No such connection is made via the science of evolution that would show homo-sapiens evolved from "monkeys." This is a very common purposeful lie perpetuated by the religious (who are directed not to lie by the tenants of their religion) to build emotional opposition to the proven and substantiated science of evolution.

Humans and "monkeys" evolved separately from common primate ancestors.

Given the overwhelming scientific evidence that proves evolution, why do the "creationists" never consider that evolution is simply a tool their God used in creation? Just as light would be considered a created tool of their God.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Ok,,, sorry for the use of the word “monkeys”.. I’ll take that back. I’ll call them primates.

You see the thing is, I do believe God created man like the Bible says. My Bible doesn’t say he created “primates” who later turned into man.

Like I said before, I do believe God uses micro evolution to help animals and humans alike, adapt to their environment, but the “family” is still the same. Wolf  dog.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Now we need an Ancient Astronaut thread called The Ignorance of Creationists and Evolutionists the Polarization of Creation and the Ignorance Thereof. Ancient astronauts fix this problem quite easily, they're the only thing that does. The problem with this or that is that it's usually a bit of both. If you people would stop trying to figure out what theory is right and which one is wrong and just tried to combine the two, you'd have a much easier time of it. It's like nature vs nurture, it's obvious that the answer is both, but that's too easy. It's like with people being gay, it's a bit of both, or with abortion issue, it should be a bit of both (pro-choice fits that description), or any other polarized issue, the answer usually lies between. The Ancient Astronaut Truth, mixed with the fact that the Creator is the Creation, and the fact that we live in a very conscious universe helped by a myriad of non-physical beings and it's easy to understand how this all works. Threads like this should get people banned from creating a thread for a month, it's been done to death and does nothing but cause fighting, nothing good will come from this thread, but the Change we can slowly believe in is asbolutely hilarious, thanks for that. These sorts of threads are why people don't join ATS and instead just shake their head in disgust on the sidelines. There's nothing worse than a fight between two groups who are both wrong, it's like watching Christians fight Muslims, nothing good comes from it and it hurts to watch.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yesterday I listened to a presentation about creationism on one of the god channels. A preacher stood before an audience and spoke. He begins OK but a little at a time he interjects little bits of information which are untrue. After a few minutes he then reaches a series of conclusions which would be valid in the world he had just constructed but, since they are based upon falsity, are not.

This very sly and coercive method is nothing more than salemanship and can be seen on any commercial channel. Just watch a typical advert and there you have it. The brand of christianity that is being advanced is very like a commercial product. The profit sought by the proponents/salesmen is only their own job security and egoistic fires. Listen to these guys, these smiling and seductive faces, as they spew their garbage in the name of God.

The key to overcoming this is education but there will always be a sub-set of people who fill out the "body ignorant" of the populace and, by being so, prevent any improvement in the overall situation.

Be assured, though, that as time goes by people learn and progress. They benefit by a realization of just what it is they have been immersed in. They start to understand how and why they have been manipulated by the god boys on television and they will rise above it all.

The big mistake these tricksters make is in believing their crap and expecting the public at large to buy in as easily as do the brain dead who sit in their pews. This is indicated by the eternal face off between evolution and creation.

Sigh....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightfury

Ok,,, sorry for the use of the word “monkeys”.. I’ll take that back. I’ll call them primates.

You see the thing is, I do believe God created man like the Bible says. My Bible doesn’t say he created “primates” who later turned into man.

Like I said before, I do believe God uses micro evolution to help animals and humans alike, adapt to their environment, but the “family” is still the same. Wolf  dog.

Well, we know speciation happens for a fact...nothing against the bible, but if you believe in the garden eden theory...well, reality just doesn't support those claims. Just like we have no evidence that would suggest anything could talk through a "burning bush". There's so many things in the bible that are just plain wrong from a scientific standpoint. The global flood is a good example for that...there just isn't enough water on earth to flood the entire world. And since the earth is a closed system in space, there's no way water could have just "gone away" after that ridiculous flood...unless of course you believe in magic like unicorns and gobblins.

You can shut your eyes and ears, but that doesn't change the fact that your believe isn't supported by reality...it's a man-made fantasy land. Now, if your belief gives you strength and makes you happy, by all means...you have the right to be happy.

But don't for a second think about attacking science because it disagrees with your belief. You can't win a battle against hard evidence and rationality when it comes to assessing reality.

If you don't take religion literally, it can have some positive effects on your psyche...just like mediation. However, too many people take things literally and let themselves be abused by people who only care about one thing (and that includes most churches)....MONEY!

edit on 24-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

When ever an evolutionist and even a creationist at times has nothing important to say they attack intelligence.

Most of the time it comes from the evolutionist camp.

Being taught the wrong thing does not make one more intelligent. As the information is wrong and therefore useless.

As for me I am self educated, I think and discover for my self, do not believe that most of public education is good as they tell you what to think, ask you questions that make you answer what they want.

Evolution is a religion as it can not be tested, repeated or has there ever been an example of species changing into something different than its parent. ( white corn into yellow corn is not evolution show me a monkey that has birthed human, a lizard that birthed a chicken)

When you say you do not understand because you were not educated at so and so is your undoing as you claim to be smarter because of your attendance at some public facility. Many in history never attended these places of indoctrination and they are great discovers of many things.

As for me and my House we will worship the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in creation and a 6000 year old planet and universe. That through the visible evidence and the Biblical account and be shown to be true.

May you have an excellent Thanks Giving and may the Lord Jesus bless you and yours

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Wrong, there is evidence that can be interpreted and has been interpreted by some as being evidence for the "belief" that whales came from land animals.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

I don't think madness is attacking people's intelligence. He's attacking ignorance. If you are presented with hard evidence, yet chose to shut your eyes/ears simply because it goes against your belief, you are IGNORANT.

The mantra of this site is: Deny ignorance.

I mean, we have people on here who believe men has only been on earth 6035 years. That's of course complete hogwash, and they were presented with dozens of pieces of evidence that clearly show how wrong this claim is.

But instead of accepting FACTS, all we got was a "goes against my belief, so I just can't accept it". If you know of a better example showing ignorance towards reality, please tell me.

So intelligence isn't the issue, we all have different strengths and weaknesses. I can't dance (at all). But if a dancing instructor tells me my "style" (lol) sucks...I accept that. I won't run around doing the robot dance telling everyone how great I am at it when in reality I have no clue what I'm talking about. But creationists keep on making claims they can't support with evidence...and pointing that out isn't an attack on them. This is a discussion board, and there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with people...ESPECIALLY if you can back it up with scientific evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
SCIENCE VS GOD

Neither party knows!
And both are as arogant, ignorant and stubourn as each other.
But neither science or creationists can answer the big question HOW DID IT ALL START?
The problem is quite simple

Science: Oh the big bang blah blah blah,
Me: Ok, and what caused that?
Science: likely a never ending cycle, it just always existed
Me: hmm

Creationists: God, earth 7 days, universe, heavens, blah blah blah.
Me: Well who created god
Creationists: well god just always existed

No matter which way we look we end up saying it just always existed - and we have to - otherwise we have the question of what came before that?
SO I think it is time science and creationists just realise that in the grand scheme neither of you know jack.

And to the creationist saying "exactly, but I have faith" that is all well and good but you still do not know if science is right and faith a piece of your brain that tell's you god exists or not - so work with the scientists and find god together.

To the scientists, you cant expect creationists to buy in to your whole story until you have alot more answers because you yourselves are constantly changing what you think - this is good science. But not good preaching - when you want to change someone point of view - work with creationists and see what you can find, because you are not the only ones who have been right about things.
edit on 24-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well here we go....

Actually there is plentiful evidence that points to the possibility of a GROWING earth that would allow there to have been enough water to flood the entire earth, but that is besides the point, there are tons and tons of possible theories that can explain all of the observed universe.

We actually know so little, and your insistence that you know so much is laughable.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
how do you explain alligators and crocodiles. science says they have remained unchanged for over 250 million years.

according to the theory of evolution they should be brainiac space travelers with warp drive, not eating dead chickens at uncle jimbos alligator zoo at the 3:00 pm show.

evolution can't explain the laws of physics either. why can't an object according to einstein travel faster than the speed of light. why is there a cosmic speed limit.

if your pea brain can accept that there is something larger and greater than you, them maybe you can accept the existence of God.

the more you look at different aspects of the universe you can see the clear signs and hints that the universe was designed and created. that is proof of God.

God exists whether you believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SincerelySarcastic

I wish I could give you multiple stars for this post....

Jaden

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic
edit on Wed Nov 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Creationists: God, earth 7 days, universe, heavens, blah blah blah.
Me: Well who created god
Creationists: well god just always existed

asking who created God is like asking what the color blue smells like.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Some people do assert that God used evolution as a method for creation... but contrary to your opine, there is not OVERWHELMING evidence for macro-evoultion and speciation is NOT macroevolution.

Defining evolution as change and adaptation to ones environment does have overwhelming evidence in support of it. Stating that there is overwhelming evidence that earth has traveled around the sun 4.5 billion times is patently absurd though. Not that that would be a prerequisite for macro evolution necessarily.....

Although I'd bet dollars to donuts that you believe there is overwhelming evidence that the earth has traveled around the sun 4.5 billion times. lol....

Jaden

Jaden

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

No its not, infact some people can smell colours. This is caused by the visual and smell area's of the brains receptors cross firing but would cause them to have different smells for all colours.
But i know what you are trying to say, my point is both science and creationists can not answer how it all started without saying it always existed - or we can ask what came before that.

So both are in the same boat.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
SCIENCE VS GOD

Neither party knows!

Science: Oh the big bang blah blah blah,
Me: Ok, and what caused that?
Science: likely a never ending cycle, it just always existed

That's not what the scientific community claims. We know the big bang happened, but we have no clue about what caused it. That's why we only have a couple of hypotheses and not concrete theories (like evolution for example).

The difference is, science does 2 things:

1) Admit to not knowing when they don't know. Don't believe me? Write a paper about how you believe the universe started, don't use any sources or evidence...and then see how well the scientific community accepts it. Those guys can be nasty, they love punching holes in other people's theories and hypotheses.

2) Create hypotheses that they then TEST and PEER REVIEW. Until a hypotheses has been tested, and retested by several independent scientists...it's NOT a theory. Only when a hypotheses can't be falsified, does it turn into a theory. That's why saying evolution is wrong is ignorant. In over 150 years people have tried to poke holes into the theory...not one succeeded. In fact, we are actively using findings in modern medicine. You wouldn't have a lot of the antibiotics we have if the theory was wrong!!

So as you see, the main differences between religion and science are:

Science is willing to be tested and peer reviewed, it is FLEXIBLE and OBJECTIVE.
Religion isn't willing to be tested and claims to not need scientific evidence, it's STATIC and BIASED.

So when I'm trying to understand reality, I'm always going with science because it's flexible enough to accept facts and evidence. I refuse to be a blind sheep!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I always thought the theory of evolution was just that : a theory. Parts of it are correct and proven,but not the whole theory. To me it takes belief or faith to believe in this theory not too much differnt than the creationist has faith that a God made everything spontaneously.

I also have numerous times seen another similarity in the creationist and evolutionist : They both attack and degrade in their own way. One claims everyone is ignorant and uneducated that doesnt hold their view and the other side claims pretty much the same thing.. and add in that the evolutionist is damned to hell. Its not just happening here, but everywhere. On either side I do love to see well thought out and researched reasons why people believe the way they do, these exchanges are how we all learn and widen our perspectives. I truly hate to see one side or the other come out of the box with complete arrogance as if their mission in life is to inform the uninformed and demand that a person choose which "side" they are on. When a person starts out with an offensive thread title, it will just go downhill from there. If you want to discuss things OP, putting the opposing side on defense isnt very smart. Was discussion never your intent, or maybe more preaching... exactly like what the side you hate so much is known for? You know, shoving religion/scientific theory down someones throat.

Sometimes I cant tell on either side if these are threads to enlighten the dirty savages on the opposing side or threads to stroke their own egos and make themselves feel "smart". The creationist has another reason to add to the arrogance and haughtiness.... witnessing and doing what some religions think God demands. I figure some humility would suit some well from both sides.

OP, falling off of that pedestal hurts like hell, and eating humble pie is not all that great. Im telling you this because Ive experienced both.

I keep coming to these types of threads and hoping to see a real debate between people without ego issues ad all of the pettiness. I should know by the thread title I guess.

In any case, I hope everyone has a decent Thanksgiving holiday and that non-Americans have some fun too!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well here we go....

Actually there is plentiful evidence that points to the possibility of a GROWING earth that would allow there to have been enough water to flood the entire earth, but that is besides the point, there are tons and tons of possible theories that can explain all of the observed universe.

We actually know so little, and your insistence that you know so much is laughable.

Jaden

Oh, evidence...interesting. Please feel free to share that "evidence"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join