It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Joong Ang Ilbo on Pres Lee: "at a moment of national crisis he still lacks a crucial ability to communicate with the people."

This newspaper is right... No speech yet by the president of South Korea after all this?

Wanting to calm the tensions I can understand... but no speech is still fail...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
In regards to the Carrier group being sent in does anybody know where exactly the USS George Washington is coming from and where exactly in the Yellow sea it's supposedly going to be? I have a feeling if it goes into that disputed zone we may have a big problem.

it will be as close as possible to the maritime border yet as far as necessary to say they never crossed. to NK, that means anything less than .0001 mm is fine, but anything more and there is war.
i think we will be ok

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
In regards to the Carrier group being sent in does anybody know where exactly the USS George Washington is coming from and where exactly in the Yellow sea it's supposedly going to be? I have a feeling if it goes into that disputed zone we may have a big problem.

I wish I knew pal. I'm guessing the US is heading to the most volatile parts to conduct the war games, I'm really seeing this fiasco as the true beginnings of horrible conflict.

I also see this turmoil as a staging ground for tensions between the US and China, I would also suggest keep your eyes open on other conflict ridden hot zones around the globe. If Israel see the distraction as perfect timing to conduct an attack on Lebanon they may do so

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ALERT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Herman twitter

# The artillery firing appears to be taking place inside North Korea -- about 10km north of Yeonpyeong. less than 5 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# ROK military denies any incoming shelling on Yeonpyeong. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Other on the island saying they've heard artillery. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Just spoke with reporter Jason Strother on Yeonpyeong. He says he heard nothing. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# More shelling heard on Yeonpyeong Island. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

More North Korea provocations... maybe even another preparation for attacking the South!!!!!!!!!!

NOT GOOD AT ALL.

UPDATE :

Two blasts were heard around 1530KST. Again, I've spoken with a reporter on the island and Yeonpyeong is NOT under renewed attack.

For now... ...

UPDATE 2 :

Correction: first booms were heard on Yeonpyeong around 1510KST.

So about 30 minutes ago...

UPDATE 3 :

Reporter Jason Strother on Yeonpyeong via cell phone: all calm on island but some other people heard some odd distant booms.

Good. Let's hope it stays like that.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
could be houses collapsing,who knows
edit on 26-11-2010 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
don't discount the russians
they do not like zionazisfacsists.
and putin appears to be a leader.

I notice a tendancy to think the US is the only country that forges co-alitions...
just sayin

the evidence regarding that chousen torpedo being Greman that came out mondayish was not lost on the people who are paying attention and I am certain the russians are paying attention.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
could be houses collapsing,who knows
edit on 26-11-2010 by all2human because: (no reason given)

You can't be serious.

ROK military: No shells have landed today in S. Korea.

Good... for now...

APTN: Third blast heard on Yeonpyeong

Uh oh....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Probally them conducting their excersise.... I think it will be clear after the excersises are complete... Seems like ww3 will not be happening quite yet. You guys think they (MSM) might be milking this now???
edit on 26-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Reuters spreading the doom:

S.KOREA MILITARY SAYS ARTILLERY FIRE APPEARS TO BE WITHIN NORTH

S.KOREA MILITARY SAYS ARTILLERY FIRE APPEARS TO BE WITHIN NORTH KOREA TERRITORY

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yep...for once North Korea is doing more than hot air... surprising.

# ROK military sources: N. Korean military has fired 20 shells apparently in training drill. #Koreas half a minute ago via TweetDeck

# YTN reporter on Yeonpyeong: Flash of light spotted from the north. #Koreas 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# YTN: First two blasts, within 5 seconds of each other, faintly heard on Yeonpyeong. #Koreas 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# APTN: Third blast heard on Yeonpyeong. #Koreas 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# ROK military: No shells have landed today in S. Korea. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think they're preparing for war this weekend.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think they're preparing for war this weekend.

I hope not...

# Important to note that #DPRK has never accepted the NLL (west sea maritime boundary). less than 5 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# #DPRK may be firing into Yellow Sea, as #ROK was doing Tuesday just prior to the artillery attack on Yeonpyeong. #Koreas 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# #ROK Defense Ministry: Sound of shelling heard on Yeonpyeong appears to be from #DPRK artillery exercise. #Kores 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# RT @newsjean: AP photogs on Yeonpyeong Island off Korean coast hear 4 explosions #SKorea #Koreas 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# ROK military says it doesn't think #DPRK is firing at S. Korea today. 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Reuters reporter on Yeonpyeong says he saw smoke rising from inland N. Korea.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
no need for post any longer.
edit on 11/26/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: no need for post.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm hoping someone can answer my question.

Lets just say that the US aircraft carrier arrives on schedule this Sunday despite warnings from China to not go ahead with any further military drills and provocations, and amid the drills something happens and North Korea conduct more attacks on the South.

We can safely say that the US and South Korea will retaliate immediately against the North. My concern here is what will China then do? Especially after directly warning against any further actions that could provoke war.

Will China sit idly by and watch as US and S. Korea bomb the North? If they do sit idly by, do you think it is possible the North could feel backed into a corner and do the unthinkable, airblast a nuke over the south? Would they be mad enough to do this anyway?

My real concern is China. The the current economic tensions between China and the US... Now with this fiasco thrown into the mix I would very much like to know what ATS members think China might do in the event of a horrific scenario where full blown war erupts on the korean peninsula involving N Korea, S Korea and the US.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

She's steaming from Yokohama, and should be arriving in theatre as we speak. Where the games are underway is anyone's guess, hopefully nowhere the NLL...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

We can safely say that the US and South Korea will retaliate immediately against the North. My concern here is what will China then do? Especially after directly warning against any further actions that could provoke war.

China will not do a thing unless the US-SK tries to collapse the regime/invade. If they do, then all bets are off.

Will China sit idly by and watch as US and S. Korea bomb the North? If they do sit idly by, do you think it is possible the North could feel backed into a corner and do the unthinkable, airblast a nuke over the south? Would they be mad enough to do this anyway?

North Korea will only nuke the South if it's invaded and China doesn't promise them aid right then and there.

Last time Kim went to Beijing, Kim asked China for high-tech planes, J-10s, a match for F-16s, but China refused, saying that if North Korea was invaded, China would back them up.... so either they lied to Kim.... or it will hit the fan if SKorea and the US invade.

# Amid continuing jitters about #DPRK, KOSPI closes down nearly 26 points (1.34%). #Koreas 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# No indication any shells fired into Yellow Sea by #DPRK today per #ROK Joint Chiefs of Staff. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Gen. Sharp is no longer on Yeonpyeong per USFK. 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# AP reporter says Gen. Sharp was wearing a heavy camo jacket, army fatigues but no helmet -- just a black beret. #Koreas 27 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Artillery heard on Yeonpyeong just after USFK commander, Gen. Sharp, toured the damaged island. #Koreas 29 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Road traffic halted on Yeonpyeong. #Koreas 34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# YTN: Remaining residents on Yeonpyeong ran to air raid shelters. 34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So basically, if SK-US invades the North, CHINA WILL GO ALL IN....

I hope to GOD that the Pentagon knows this and that they are not crazy enough to do it or you won't have time to say KIMCHI before you get nuked!

Kim Jong-il Demands Fighter Jets from China

North Korea asked China to provide it with the latest J-10 fighter jets and other hardware but was rejected, it emerged Wednesday.

According to a high-ranking source in the North, North Korean leader Kim Jong-il made the request to Chinese President Hu Jintao when he visited China in early May. But Hu apparently told Kim that China will protect and support him if attacked.

So you better pray that North Korea doesn't attack the South or the aircraft carrier...

Because the Pentagon and Obama will have to make a choice...

Let 6000 sailors die with almost no backlash against NKorea... which would be POLITICAL SUICIDE...

Or attack North Korea and face WW3.

This is really really serious.

China would rather sacrifice 100.000-500.000 soldiers NOW than sacrifice millions and the threat of invasion later in the future if they let an United Korea happen.

China has existed for 5000 years, FIVE FREAKING THOUSANDS YEARS. They plan long term.

# Earlier we were told announcement on new defense minister would be made today. #ROK 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Chong Wa Dae (Blue House) now telling VOA they have "no idea" when announcement will be made on new #ROK Defense Minister. 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
they say the noth fired 80 round to hit the island!
have you seen the film of the helicopter?
only 3 houses damaged in the town.
I dont thik even they are that bad shots.
its a fake. and look the US ships just
happen to be going that way at this time?
this is so staged.
and next a US ship gets hit.
and they star a big war.
you know this is coming.
edit on 26-11-2010 by buddha because: miss spelt

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
What about my idea:
China abandons NK, lets SK unify the Korea peninsula,
The hegemony abandons Taiwan, lets China reunite.
Then peace forever.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
What about my idea:
China abandons NK, lets SK unify the Korea peninsula,
The hegemony abandons Taiwan, lets China reunite.
Then peace forever.

Yeah that would be nice... except for the people in Taiwan.

China wouldn't want an US-controlled United Korea right on it's border either.

No way China would accept this deal... China thinks that Taiwan is it's own... so why trade for what's theirs? They won't... ever.

(2nd LD) N. Korea threatens 'shower of fire,' warns of 'brink of war'

I'll take my shower of ``water`` thank you very much!

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join