It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Victory?? No war until spring? Manouvering?...

NK is unpredicatble, maybe their strike will be too. Clandestine, sub-marine, un-traceable. a mission may be underway... I'm not finished worrying yet.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Me thinks North Korea will shut up till April.

Nothing to see here for the next 4 months.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
from watching cnn right now it looks like they think this is going to turn out bad soon.. are they supposed to start the drills soon ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gak730
from watching cnn right now it looks like they think this is going to turn out bad soon.. are they supposed to start the drills soon ?

Are you serious?

The drills have been over for about 3 hours +...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well, looks like there hasn't been any return fire yet.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by backinblack

It was never about ``drills`` it was about a political statement that the South wouldn't be bullied by the North anymore, also called ``saving face``.

Oh boy, the elite are using other peoples military kids like expendable pawns, while endangering countless, millions perhaps, civilian lives..

All so a select few political class clowns can feel temporary face saving emotion.. as they rub one out celebrating another "win" for virtuous freedom.. lol.. and a "loss" for ill dong and his commie crew of evil do'ers.. hip, hip, hoooray! (yawn)..

Nationalism: a reason to hate strangers and take pride in accomplishments of others..

Foreign relations should consist of 20 random regular Joe/Jane citizens from each nation chatting over a few beers and BBQ after hitting the "peace pipe".. politicians are well established liars who reflect values of Crips & Bloods.. not average citizens.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Foreign relations should consist of 20 random regular Joe/Jane citizens from each nation chatting over a few beers and BBQ after hitting the "peace pipe".. politicians are well established liars who reflect values of Crips & Bloods.. not average citizens.

That is a great idea. And they would be randomly chosen.

China and the DPRK: With friends like these….
An interesting editorial.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by gak730

Are you serious?

I meant the end of the drills, my bad >_> you got jokes huh

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gak730

It's just funny... Anyway, good to see you on the thread.

W7VOA Seems like NM Gov. Richardson to be in Pyongyang an extra night as flight to Beijing canceled due to "weather." #Koreas 6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Poor him!

KyungLahCNN NK mocks the drills by #Korea today, calling it "childish play with fire." 7 minutes ago via web

# KyungLahCNN South #Korea's president says in a divided country, militarily pitted, we will conduct military exercises and defend our territory. 5 minutes ago via web

# Kyung Lah KyungLahCNN NK says it showed restraint, saying world should know who is champion of peace, who is provocateur of war. #Korea. 6 minutes ago via web

NKorea champion of peace? Hahahahahaaha... well that's an entirely NEW strategy. They have never done this before... all the previous time they didn't care about PR... we'll see if this continue or this was just a one time show.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ha ha, NK is so full of BS.

"We vill turn the skies werry red and burn you all to hell if you start your dwills"

Yeah, right on me old mucker!

Keep on blowing your hot air because nobody is going to listen any more.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
China warns Korean bloodshed would be 'national tragedy'

Bloodshed on the Korean peninsula would be a "national tragedy", a Chinese diplomat told a UN Security Council meeting that ended in stalemate on how to handle the crisis, state media said Monday.

Diplomats said China, North Korea's main ally, had fended off Western demands that Pyongyang be publicly condemned for the deadly November 23 artillery assault on Yeonpyeong island, where the South staged Monday's drill.

They said Beijing had even rejected a proposed statement which did not mention North Korea or the name of Yeonpyeong.

China defending North Korea again...

China web users irate over deadly S.Korea collision

China's Internet chatrooms were brimming with anger Monday after a Chinese fisherman died and another went missing following a collision with a South Korea coastguard ship at the weekend.

Beijing has so far refrained from official comment about the incident, in which a trawler collided with the South Korean vessel and capsized Saturday in the Yellow Sea, according to South Korean officials and reports.

Most postings seen in Chinese Internet chatrooms blamed South Korea for seeking to provoke China and urged the government to punish the South, although some web users called for calm.

Using an obscenity to describe South Koreans, one Chinese micro-blogger named Qiu Yang from the central province of Hunan accused Seoul of "flaunting powerful friends to bully others".

"We must help the North Koreans to destroy the US-South Korean alliance," Qiu wrote on popular web portal sina.com.

Another web user identified as Cai Xia from northeastern China wrote: "The little Japanese didn't dare to kill any of us in the ship collision near the Diaoyu islands; how can the number two devil be so brash to do such a thing!"

"South Korea, the running dog of America, is seeking to provoke China -- what are they thinking," said another irate Internet user from the eastern province of Anhui.

China's foreign ministry refused to immediately comment on the incident when contacted by AFP.

The Chinese too have their warmongers.

egalite_twitted Today may have ended with no shells being traded. But it marked a significant juncture here. SKorea can and will challenge NKorea. 5 minutes ago via web

Well after all, South Korea are the warmongers and North Korea are the kings of peace!

edit on 20-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So the North attacks the South.
The South comes under heavy criticism from its people for not defending themselves more adequately.
The South then takes a CALMER measure by holding drills. Allowing them to show their people that they are taking action, and showing the North that they will defend themselves.
The North threatens to attack again if the South does anything.

Why are people surprised that the South took this action?

The North started this by attacking that island. Whether they believe it is theirs or not, they do not live there, it is not within their borders, they intended to kill and main SK people.
SK has a duty to defend their people.

NK is the one being the maniac here. And SK has every right to defend themselves.

I think people need to consider the political and social attitudes of this instead of simply saying they shouldn't have done it. If your people are attacked without warning by your neighbor, you have every right to defend your people. And I think SK made the right choice here.
NK had already risked an all-out war when they attacked. So if anyone is being wholly irresponsible, it's them!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
North Korea didn't really risk an all out war when they attacked because they knew the South Korean government was a bunch of weaklings... like they have been for the last 20 years.

But now this has changed, at least for a while, and North Korea noticed it...

For South Koreans, fear of war looms large

A few months ago, most South Koreans would have laughed at a question that now looms large in their minds: "Will there be a second Korean War?"

Living for decades through missile launches, naval skirmishes and nuclear tests conducted by their troublesome neighbor North Korea, South Koreans learned to brush things aside and move on with their daily lives.

Pyongyang became more like a bothersome brother than an enemy nation -- especially to a younger generation that had never seen battles fought at home.

But that changed instantly on November 23, after North Korea's shelling of Yeonpyeong Island killed four South Koreans.

Grainy security camera footage showing people fleeing for their lives sent chills down people's backs. It showed them that North Korea remains an immense -- and nearby -- threat.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Another day, another NKorea change of attitude...

# W7VOA The DPRK TV newscast did not carry the KPA communique or directly mention today's Yeonpyeong artillery drill. #Koreas less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Steve Herman W7VOA The lead story on tonight's #DPRK TV news was a 30-sec. item that NM Gov. Richardson conveyed a gift for Kim Jong Il via the SPA VP. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Steve Herman W7VOA KPA needn't respond ... "in the manner of one being beaten up in the front and then giving vent to one's indignation in the back. " 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Steve Herman W7VOA The KPA communique was broadcast this evening from Pyongyang. #Koreas 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Steve Herman W7VOA KPA communique: Our ... mighty 2nd and 3rd counterstrikes... will lead to liquidation of the US & S. Korean puppet warmongers' strongholds. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Frankly i dont believe North koreas claim that they will "not retaliate". I think thats a bluff and a ruse to catch the south off their guard.

Hopefully though they mean it. It just sounds too good to be true.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Kim really put himself out there with such harsh rhetoric, if we don't see a counter-strike in the next 48 hours, we will see the final decline of the Norths dictator and quite plausibly (IMO) a shift of power in the next twelve months. Kim Ill has maintained his power by creating an atmosphere in which his people believe the wolves are always at the door. He has put his whole country on a war footing and threatened a quick and furious response. If he fails, his leadership will be cast in doubt and his inner circles will crumble. If he does nothing, and soon, we could see a power change in the next twelve months, and Im not refering to little Kim.
My guess is that, not only Kim is thinking this,, but his inner circle of generals as well- some of which may be considering their own military prowess and leadership qualities.
Either way, carrying out these drills is a win win for the South as they have not flinched at the maniacal whims of their oppressor to the north.
The major problem I see is that China and Russia have egg on their face and I do not think that they are willing to accept the trickel effects of military weakness, we will see. Don't forget that Reagan won the cold war while facing the same criticisms as South Korea is facing now. I am not on obama supporter, but this could be a turning point for his legacy. He will be known as the president that screwed the United States, but saved South Korea and the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why would North Korea attack?

All North Korea needs to do to be successful is keep the South expecting an attack. Much like our war on "terror", the South will now live in fear, devote valuable resources to it's "security", tie up it's allies (mainly the US), and eventually face a rebellion from it's own people who will grow weary of such fear in time. If North Korea is wise, they will not attack, simply leave the option as a possibility, conduct a few movements on the border now and then, and wait the South out. If the South decides they will not attack and stands down their own forces, then North Korea will have the advantage to actually attack with boldness!

This drill by the South, while meaning to save face, will be viewed by history to be it's greatest blunder. All it showed was the North Korea can wag the dog any time it chooses.

If the South wanted to emerge victorious, the nobler strategy would have been to ship the North the Rice it so desperately needs to feed its people, and keep it's arms a safe distance from any provocations. Then if the North conducted any military actions, the world would have no choice but condemn the actions unilaterally.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

really you meant ....when they would end?

"are they supposed to start the drills soon ?" really.... Wondering when they would end?

Are you serious?

I meant the end of the drills, my bad >_> you got jokes huh

Why is it so hard for someone to admit when the are wrong?

I hate to say it... Or not! I was hoping that this would finally come to a head. I want to see where China's true loyalty lies.

Trash me all you like.. I want the Israeli / Iran conflict to kick off also.. let the blasting begin!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

It's definitely sad seeing someone that takes joy out of the misery of others. I just hope you are joking.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

I'm with ya...I wanted this to blast off too...this world needs an enema.

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join