It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluetwo
reply to post by Vitchilo

I totally agree with your assesment. This is not over in the short term or the long term. According to the latest tweets the drill is not over yet either.

Till the transition of power is not made or the regime collapses, this ain't over.

W7VOA Statement expected shortly from Chong Wa Dae (#ROK Presidential Blue House). #Koreas 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluetwo

Aight we good to go !
Lets open another beer ! lol j\k

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

W7VOA #ROK Pres. spokesman says entire gov't, all public servants are to stay on emergency alert anticipating #DPRK counterstrike. #Koreas 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

They know it ain't over.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Cnn just stated that SK lauched jets in case of retaliation

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InS0MnI
Cnn just stated that SK lauched jets in case of retaliation

CNN is late to the game... as always.

Me thinks NKorea, if they plan to do a counterattack in the next few hours, they will use their subs... after all the South is expecting an artillery/air attack...

egalite_twitted Some reporters howl, "just hit back, you moron, and get it over with!" We are entering gnawing psych warfare @burn_dog @Galrahn @portlandsam 2 minutes ago via twtkr

Reporters are cracking...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

W7VOA #ROK defense ministry won't confirm drill has ended. Artillery firing still heard on Yeonpyeong by AP reporter. #Koreas 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Drill ain't over.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

#ROK defense ministry won't confirm drill has ended. Artillery firing still heard on Yeonpyeong by AP reporter. #Koreas

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
For everyones sake lets hope this all calms down real soon here.....

N. Korea does not want to commit suicide....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

So can you tell me what NK wants?
Its suicide anyway !

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

They don't want to, but they might miscalculate. Lots of war have started that way... thinking it was no big deal... but it ended up in a war... see : WW1-WW2... ect...

Invading Poland? The Brits won't do a thing! They did nothing when I invaded Austria or I made them give me the Czech Republic!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

If they cross the line, Kill em all and G*D will sort us all out.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Good job ATS we are ahead of the msm on all of this. I'm in the Midwest USA and we are about 10 minutes ahead of msm.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised that the South is pushing this a bit. If the transition of power is smooth and Kim the Younger gets enthroned, they are looking at another possible forty years of stalemate barring economic collapse and all it would entail. Better to give it a bit of a shove now to see if it falls over. Brinksmanship at it's finest; high payoff but huge downside. Just another cheerful thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

YonhapNews (URGENT) S. Korea concludes live-fire exercise near N. Korea: official 1 minute ago via web

Now it's over.

Or is it?

markmackinnon Dow Jones also now reporting that South Korea's live-fire drill near North Korea border is continuing. 1 minute ago via web

And do the SKorean government really wants reunification? It would probably cost 10+ trillion US$. In this economy?

Now really really really over.

# markmackinnon Now all newswires seem to agree South Korean military exercise is really, really over. 2 minutes ago via web

# Steve Herman W7VOA Reuters reporter on Yeonpyeong says sound of shelling ceases. #Koreas 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

edit on 20-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluetwo
I wouldn't be surprised that the South is pushing this a bit. If the transition of power is smooth and Kim the Younger gets enthroned, they are looking at another possible forty years of stalemate barring economic collapse and all it would entail. Better to give it a bit of a shove now to see if it falls over. Brinksmanship at it's finest; high payoff but huge downside. Just another cheerful thought.

Huge downside is correct on all sides. The west will not be intimidated, keep the peace
or suffer the consequences.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Defense Ministry confirms to VOA live-fire drill has ended & it lasted 94 minutes. (via @W7VOA) #Koreas #ROK

Well, what to do now? Just wait to see what happens next I guess?

edit on 20-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Credit where it's due...
Thank you to Vitchilo for an outstanding job in keeping us updated since this all began.
Others have contributed a lot, but your updates have been superb.
Great work!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hi, I'd just like to thank all the people who have contributed to this thread over the last few hours - been stopping work every five minutes to get updates. Productivity way down
Thank you for making my afternoon fly by!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have to wonder if 94 minutes of live fire drill was worth the risk of war..

I know lil kim is not all there but I would of though common sense would have prevailed and maybe they could of at least moved the drill away from NK's border..

Just a thought...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It was never about ``drills`` it was about a political statement that the South wouldn't be bullied by the North anymore, also called ``saving face``.

new topics

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join