It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

FLASH: Reuters witness says artillery fire still heard on South Korea's Yeonpyeong island
1 minute ago via web

maybe not over yet?
edit on 20/12/10 by Morgil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yes, Thank you Vitchito. However don't forget the people in the area that are dealing with this. They just can't log off and get back to it when they feel like it. This is not over. These people deserve our prayers.

link   
President Lee orders gov't to stay on full alert

President Lee Myung-bak ordered all public servants Monday to go and stay on emergency mode, as the country's military conducted live-ammunition drills from the western border island of Yeonpyeong despite North Korea's threats of a military response.

Lee received related briefings from his chief of staff, Yim Tae-hee, and issued an order through Prime Minister Kim Hwang-sik for "the entire government and all public officials to maintain an emergency duty mode," presidential spokeswoman Kim Hee-jung told reporters.

link   
Well hopefully they stand down permanently..Some how they can reach real peace and get along with each other.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by thecinic

Yea that quote is from early today before anything actually started. You made it sound like this was a breaking news type statement.

link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by Muaythai92

Well...you posted that an hour ago and then the drill started...

Not to be rude but did you really think the south would fold lol?? No matter what the north was going to do these drills would take place even if it meant war. I thought that was the whole point of this thread...

link   
twitter.com...

freenorthkorea North Korea has called on the whole nation to oppose war and guard peace in an effort to smash the warmongers' plots http://(link tracking not allowed)/fpyUZR
21 minutes ago via bitly
Retweeted by Korea_Watch and 6 others

North Korea is giving up..... No war tonight folks...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Kim put out the peace message before the drill.
He also stated that the North would retaiate with deadlier force if the drill went ahead.
No point posting part of the info out of context and using it to say the North has stood down.
It's simply not true.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Yes, Thank you Vitchito. However don't forget the people in the area that are dealing with this. They just can't log off and get back to it when they feel like it. This is not over. These people deserve our prayers.

I agree. This ain't over.

IMO there will be more tensions between the US-Taiwan vs China in 2011 for sure because of a planned US selling of advanced F-16s to Taiwan... and Taiwan deploying more cruise missiles against China.

China will increase patrols on the contested island with Japan... that will cause more trouble.

And North Korea is likely to test a nuke on April 15.

2011 will see a lot of activity in Asia.

link   
Probably not smart to completely rely on twitter as the final word on what is actually going on either way.

link   
Both Koreas are wussies. They can live like this 1000 years more as I'm concerned. South Korea had to end all this crap long time ago. But of course chickened out.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So are there any more drills planned, or is this it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pitons
Both Koreas are wussies.

I don't know, in my book avoiding a conflict that could quickly escalate to nuclear war is the mark of a wise decision, not a cowardly one.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
For tonight north korea is not attacking.......

Thats the basic line here...

No one said the conflict is overall over...

Tonight it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

That;s why South Korea had to end all this situation long time ago. The more you wait - the more bad it is. And todays situation is very bad.

Wussies.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

TomLasseter RT @W7VOA: Based on statements leading up to today's #ROK drill, #DPRK signaled it would retaliate at time and place of its choosing 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

We'll see.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just wanted to say - when a man can't decide where it counts - bad things happen.

I didn't tell why NKorea are wussies. They just bark. Like dogs.

Both koreas are like that. That's why Japan ruled over them. And will rule one day again (or maybe other country who cares).

Wussies are always ruled over. That is their fate.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They had a lot of firepower on the island...

South Korea island shakes during live-fire drill

"I can't exactly tell how many (shells) have been fired, some are distant and some are noisy," said Reuters journalist Kim Do-gyun, from an air-raid shelter on the island. "The bunker is shaking and people here are worried."

The island was SHACKING... nice.

egalite_twitted Pattern in NKorea's provocation: it does not attack when expected. It is their way of making up for lack of warfighting assets. 3 minutes ago via twtkr

Well yeah... attacking when you are expected... you'll get your butt kicked.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
so can anyone confirm that NKorea has stood down, at least for tonight?

I wouldnt sleep easy either way, knowing Kim J Ill he could pull his troops back and talk peace, then launch a nuke 10min later.

Not out of the woods yet on this one

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I totally agree with your assesment. This is not over in the short term or the long term. According to the latest tweets the drill is not over yet either.

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join