It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by anonymousanonymous

Accepting Jesus birth? I'm not accepting his birth because I write 2010. 2010! There I did it again. By your logic I accepted Judaism and the beliefs by posting the current date of the Jewish calendar 16th of Kislev, 5771. Oh shot Jews don't believe in Jesus. I'm a walking contradiction!

Ok Ok wise guy. - I'll just tell you in plain english, ---- every time you write the year is 2010 - you ARE WRITING it is 2010 years since the birth of Jesus - whether you like it or not!!! Because that is EXACTLY what 2010 A.D. MEANS.

If you don't think Jesus existed then by all means, get on your bike and start using the pagan calendar or the Asian calender or whatever else.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I thought the United States was a free country. I could care less what calender I use. A calender is no proof to me that Jesus existed. We're getting to an angry stalemate and I could tell neither of us will change each other's minds. You believe in Jesus I don't.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I thought the United States was a free country. I could care less what calender I use. A calender is no proof to me that Jesus existed. We're getting to an angry stalemate and I could tell neither of us will change each other's minds. You believe in Jesus I don't.

Yes, I believe he existed.
And I believe he existed because why bother counting from the birth of an imaginary make believe person. I don't see how TPTB at that time would have had the ability to pull the wool over peoples eyes on something so simple as the year they live in.
edit on 23-11-2010 by anonymousanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

People in the past believed things because they had faith. There were people where critical of different ways of life and what not. But they could only use their beliefs to explain it to others. To make believe in a religious figure would take a lot more then a calender. Since Christianity and countless other beliefs are always open for debate. I find life as an Atheist more simple and joyful.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

People in the past believed things because they had faith. There were people where critical of different ways of life and what not. But they could only use their beliefs to explain it to others. To make believe in a religious figure would take a lot more then a calender. Since Christianity and countless other beliefs are always open for debate. I find life as an Atheist more simple and joyful.

I agree, it would take a lot more than a calender.

And as for myself, don't get me wrong - I believe the guy existed - but that's as far as my "faith" goes.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yeah! I would like to use a time machine and see what version of Jesus is legit. Jesus is held in good regard by many people of different faiths. Christianity, Islam and what not. If he was real I believe he was much different. Maybe he was a revolutionary and he wanted the Jews to be free. Instead of being a prophet, the Messiah or God. You know?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yeah! I would like to use a time machine and see what version of Jesus is legit. Jesus is held in good regard by many people of different faiths. Christianity, Islam and what not. If he was real I believe he was much different. Maybe he was a revolutionary and he wanted the Jews to be free. Instead of being a prophet, the Messiah or God. You know?

Totally! I mean - as far as I'm concerned the Bible stories are just that, stories that have been given the Chinese whispers treatment. And the stories may be exaggerated and "out of this world" - but the guy, as far as i'm concerned did exist. Was he a prophet? A magician? A con-artist..? It's anyones guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That's how I see it. Who knows? Today's image of Jesus makes it less likely he existed. If he was someone who was taken out of complex I can understand. I wounder if we did go back in time and showed Jesus how people of today view him differently I wounder what he would stay.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nice to see you two getting now

edit on 23/11/10 by NonKonphormist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Here is an interesting point….

Have you ever considered, why the Romans would want to totally destroy a City called Jerusalem the Romans ruled over ???

For example what sort of situation would it take, for the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama, to destroy one of his own Cities???

This could only happen, if something terrible had taken place similar to say something like seen in the movie Resident Evil...

So what on earth drove the Romans to destroy one of their own occupied Cities, by burning it and ploughing it into the ground.

Perhaps because something very, very strange and terrifying to the people, took place so they then destroyed the City.

For example;-

If darkness came over the Earth and lasted for 3 hours and a "Resurrection" took place, imagine the panic that would take place after seeing the graves open and the dead arise ???

In "The Gospel According to Matthew" in Chapter 27, verses 52 to 54 Quote;

52. and the graves were opened;
and many bodies of the Saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

53. and coming out of the graves
after His resurrection,
they went into The Holy City and appeared to many

54. So when the centurion and those with him,
who guarding Jesus, saw the Earth-Quake
and the things that had happened,
they Feared Greatly, saying, “Truly this was The Son of God”.

Imagine the panic and terror after seeing these things.

Do you think that people would just calmly go home and talk about it over meal ???

I don't think so...

Now you can understand the reason, for the Romans to burn and bury Jerusalem !

The City was destroyed in AD 70….

Wasn’t that the year The Carpenter Jesus was crucified ???

edit on 23-11-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra5Finish
reply to post by casijones

Source?

I have never read or heard that all NDEs share a visit with Jesus. In fact most I have heard about involve either an unknown other "being", a predeceased relative, or just a warm feeling of love. Jesus himself seems to actually be quite rare so I am curious where you got that from.

First of all, I never said ALL nde's have that. All you have to do if you really want to know is google "near death experiences" and "jesus". I honestly don't care that much to go fishing through 100's of websites to find the specific ones I read, but I will leave this link to get you started:

Jesus NDE's

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
one night in a near death experience, I had picked up a green pocket Gideon NT that a woman had left on the counter and as soon as I began to open the cover but before reading anything I heard an audible voice say my name then "I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"

suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus-Acts9

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.-John5

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.-2Cor5

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.-2Cor3

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses-Heb12

edit on 23-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i just dont know anymore, history is convoluted in this matter.

-first of all, Nazareth never existed in 40b.c. it came into being around 100a.d. this is fact
-the ossuairy bone box with the inscription james, son of joseph, brother of jesus, was real. but the lettering was proved to have been added just in the last few hundred years.
-pontius pilate was real person proven through archeological digs and writings. he did keep letters also. in these he wrote he crucified many men for being crazy but he never said any names.
-in 50a.d. there was a book called the didache possibly written by an apostle. it does mention jesus. this is a real book. it exists today in the vatican.
-a man in 350b.c. wrote of jesus in the antiquities of the Jews Book 18, but many other entries other than jesus references were proven false so his writings were discredited.
-king herod, one of jesus' assassins, is proven real. this is fact.

so thats all i got right now. my last post was on page 4 so ive been digging this up since then.
edit on 23-11-2010 by colonelblake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by colonelblake

Thanks mate, this is more like it, I will admit, I began this thread doubting his existance, but now I'm not so sure, But like I have stated before, I have an open mind, thanks again.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't doubt his existence, but he was just a man, not the son of some fictitious God, men can make other men Gods by whispered tales.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

NonKonphormist,

The answer is easy, you and all things that exist are here and present materially.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

The Bible is the most accurate history ever written and other histories reveal Him also, try the agnostic gospels also.

Happenstanse? No way Hosea

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Real, convincing proof will probably never be found. The crux of the situation is that it's like UFOs: most of those who believe in them will defend even the most ridiculous and tenuous evidence, and most of those who firmly deny them will use whatever excuse they can come up with to discredit the evidence. My point here is that your post leads me to believe you're a skeptic. Because of this, the likelihood that any evidence will simply be discounted is rather high.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
First,you prove to me that your closest deceased relative existed. Got a birth certificate? Those,Have been faked. Got a photo,that could be any joe. Got a S.S. card,i got a connection that can give me any name i want.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spokthunder
First,you prove to me that your closest deceased relative existed. Got a birth certificate? Those,Have been faked. Got a photo,that could be any joe. Got a S.S. card,i got a connection that can give me any name i want.

So, you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread?
I am looking for historical records etc that I am unaware of, I have had some really interesting leads that I am very gratefull for.
I am trying to educate myself here, you are not helping.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

The bible is full of contradictions, not accurate, but thanks.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join