It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Kinect Controller, Hackers Take Liberties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com

He was soon using it to create “holographic” video images that can be rotated on a computer screen. A video he posted on YouTube last week caused jaws to drop and has been watched 1.3 million times.

Mr. Kreylos is part of a crowd of programmers, roboticists and tinkerers who are getting the Kinect to do things it was not really meant to do. The attraction of the device is that it is outfitted with cameras, sensors and software that let it detect movement
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is amazing!

I will shortly be updating thie thread with a YouTube video of his, in which he is building nano constructions in a 3D environment using a wii remote controller...

This is rapidly going to open up all sorts of applications especially in the realm of CGI.

What are your thoughts with this ATS?

www.nytimes.com

edit on 21-11-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That was awesome. I can't wait to see what the new applications for this will be. Thank you for sharing.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Damn casual gamers ruining the industry and destroying my hobby.
I'm fine with this but I just needed to get that out there.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Im stupid when it comes to this stuff.

Somebody want to explain the significance of this?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

www.nytimes.com

He was soon using it to create “holographic” video images that can be rotated on a computer screen. A video he posted on YouTube last week caused jaws to drop and has been watched 1.3 million times.

Mr. Kreylos is part of a crowd of programmers, roboticists and tinkerers who are getting the Kinect to do things it was not really meant to do. The attraction of the device is that it is outfitted with cameras, sensors and software that let it detect movement

This is AMAZING!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

It means that soon you won't need a mouse to use your computer, That you'll be able to run things in your house with a gesture of your hand...the possibilities are indeed endless when you think of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender

Originally posted by dontreally

It means that soon you won't need a mouse to use your computer, That you'll be able to run things in your house with a gesture of your hand...the possibilities are indeed endless when you think of it.

Also, what he didn't show in the video I posted, but was linked to in the story was the 3 dimensionality of the kinect.... Watch what happens when he gets the 3d stuff going.

Next up is multiple kinects

edit on 22-11-2010 by HunkaHunka because: Added Video

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thanks for that video. It's amazing how it is able to render the room in a 3d environment. All he would need is another camera at another angle to get the backside and a complete picture. After that, imagine the potential of applications that would produce. Not least being you could be on a video conference with someone and would be able to manipulate the view to see anything in the field of vision 360 degrees. Of course since the computer will be able to sense it as well, that means the future of computing could be revolutionizing.

Also the chap in this video looks like the twin brother of my little bro. I really thought I was watching my brother in this video. Cannot believe how alike they look, it's unreal.

new topics

top topics

join