It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to mainstream music artists\bands ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

My granddaughter brought this group to my attention.
She said it sounded much like the things I had been saying to her.

I enjoy Muse and like the idea that music groups are on track with the flavor of the day.

In the sixties we had music that was coded to conceal any talk of drug use as the FCC forbade any such lyrics.

All the musicians are doing now is keeping up with what is popular at this time and conspiracy and revolution are popular subjects now.

Of course, revolution has been popular fodder for musicians for decades.

Nothing to worry about it's just a sign of the times and all leads to the money trail.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I was born in the 60's so I actually do remember what you're talking about, even if I didn't understand it then. Once I hit adulthood I started to grasp what a lot of the songs were really about, like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let's remember that musicians are artists, and most who pursue the arts are also quite sensitive and creative. Why wouldn't they write lyrics like this? Look at the world they grew up in. The difficult issues of each generation are different. My generation had the Vietnam War, the assassination of the Kennedy's, the Riots all over the country, Nixon, Racism, etc., making us rebels and culture breakers. This was a natural progression after the ultra conservative and staid 50's. The angst nowdays is different. With what young people grew up with, why shouldn't they be as terribly cynical as they are? How could they not be cynical?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Robbie williams song millenium says a lot of truth like "we've been making money since the day that we were born " or "we've got stars directing our fate and we're praying its not too late ( for what)"

edit on 22-11-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Yeah it is jay sean singing 2012, saying party like its the end of the world and in the same song saying its not the end of the world. Same case never have sung any song like this in his whole career.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

I have to agree with you about the senstivity of artists. Yet, a lot of times we are ridiculed for that fact. It's refreshing to see someone 'get it'. It's also quite nasty when folks tell artists to 'get a real job'. In the case of musicians especially, it's a very screwed up world if you're dealing with a major label. I've seen what it can do to people. That's a lot of the reason I got out of it when I did back in the 90s.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I had listened to kanye west music from his first album, although he is uttering words like devil, demon, satan etc in his music from a long time but his new album runaway made me think a lot as to where he wants to draw the attention of his listeners. After analyzing the songs in his album and getting past all that graphic slang he has used in his songs and that graphic cover, i realized that he has taken a different approach for getting the attention of the masses towards elite agenda, by showing us our materialistic reality rather than saying directly, unlike other conscious Hip Hop rappers who directly say the words. He used this approach because many people don't even have heard the words elite or illuminati. That dinner table scene in the runaway video is the real description of what the elites dinner table is like, with all that fresh human flesh ready to be get eaten.

If you know any artists/bands that are using a lot of esoteric themes in their music or you have some views about those artists please feel free to post. Thanks
edit on 28-11-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
heresa link i started about a take that song which isthe same thing

heres the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

30 Seconds to Mars gets into a lot of esorteric stuff. Especially on their first album. They also seem to have a penchant for adapting some NWO-esque iconography.

I've been kind of watching with interest today the the fact that right when WikiLeaks was releasing the first batch of cables, Jared tweeted that their new video (a song that Kanye is on interestingly enough) due to be released tomorrow has been banned. They have a very dedicated and rabid fanbase which is now trying to out trend #cablegate on twitter with #Hurricanethefilm. Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but it's one heck of an ironic coinicdence, considering 30 have long been my favorite band.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Couldn't help but notice this thread a while back, never posted because I hadn't heard the album, I have now but that's not why I'm commenting.

The other day i picked up an old album by a band called 'Scary Kids Scaring Kids'. They're nowhere near mainstream. Rock with a bit of shouting thrown in. I haven't listened to them since I was like, 13 but as I listened to the first few tracks and refreshed my memory a lot of what they were saying now makes complete considering the amount of conspiracy theories out there. I've picked out some of the most memorable lines. If you're interested in listening to them then check them out on youtube.

Here come the quotes.

"The City Sleeps In Flames"

The empire will fall like they planned on
can we even last through the night?
We watch as the sky scrapers crumble
under the burning blue sky,

I think the most prominant one to make my point;
"The world as we know it"

Time is becoming
More precious than gold
All those times wasted alone
Starving children the poison waters
And the suffocating skies
We won't get another chance this time
We won't get a second chance this time

You'll be lucky if you make it out alive
Haven't we lost our minds?
What the hell were we all thinking?
Now they're choosing sides
This is the world
This is the world

A virus known as rage
Is brutally destroying
And spreading all over the place
A bleeding culture
A dying nation
When the money controls the tide
We won't get another chance this time
We won't get a second chance this time

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stefplz

Thanks for posting that is a great find, most of these type of songs are about end of the world with some truth thrown in like:
"When the money controls the tide" - that's true we are slaves of money.
"Starving children the poison waters" - Rich poor divide.
"And the suffocating skies" - Pollution of all kinds is widespread especially the electromagnetic one.

That's a nice apocalyptic cover. I have no doubt many of the mainstream artists get these kind of ideas through visions which are subjected to them through mind control techniques, kanye west is the perfect example of this. I have made a new thread on mind control here is the link if you are interested:
Another ELF Electromagnetic Waves Mind Control Victim: An insight into Clay Duke Panama Shootings.
I don't know the reason behind this that whether they do this for fear mongering or they want to show us the truth, only time will tell.
edit on 15-12-2010 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by vinay86

The only conspiracy hear is that somebody is listening to Take That so much that they have remembered all of the lyrics. That is the real conspiracy, your God awful taste in music. If you had better taste in music you could make this conspiracy much better but still totally untrue, if you only listened to muse this thread would be so much better

I have not remembered any of take that lyrics and yes i have listened to muse, but i don't like any of them. I listen only to conscious hip hop rappers like Army of the pharoahs, Lost children of babylon, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Vinnie Paz, ill bill, La coka Nostra. Here is a sample for you:

All of the mainstream artists are under mind control if you want to know more about mind control i made a new thread about the latest florida school board shootings, and how the victim wasunder mind control, here is the link:
www.abovetopsecret.com... 1" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Another ELF Electromagnetic Waves Mind Control Victim: An insight into Clay Duke Panama Shootings.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That band I quoted from aren't mainstream in any way, so I don't see why they would be under mind control because they're only little fishes in a big sea.
For instance, Haven't heard from them since 2007, which is a shame because they're pretty damn good :[

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is Bring Me The Horizon's new CD.
There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e55b9d067497.jpg[/atsimg]

I do believe a lot of bands are spreading the same sort of message. Underoath, Bring Me The Horizon, Muse, Chiodos... They are awake. I have been following music around since the 90's and I've never seen such an up rise in the same message. I mean System of a Down was there, but these folks are just all piling up together and speaking more of the truth. Check out this song by BMTH called Alligator Blood.

Crucify me, nail my hands to a wooden cross
There is nothing above, there is nothing below
Heaven and Hell they just row the boat
And I'll be captain for me

I am the ocean, I am the sea
There is a world inside of me
Lost in the abyss, drowned in the deep
No set of rules could salvage me

Only a shipwreck, only a ghost
Merely a graveyard of your former self
We just watched the waves crash over
I've been cast astray

There is a Hell, believe me I've seen it
There is a Heaven, let's keep it a secret
No one needs to know
No one needs to know

Lost in the abyss, drowned in the deep
No set of rules could salvage me
Save yourself, save your breath
The tides too strong, you'll catch your death
So breathe for me, just breathe

If we make it through the night, if we make it out alive
We'll have mercy and pray for the dead
Are you saying that you can save me
Don't hope to ever find me
And I'll say that you forgot.
Pray for the dead

Are you saying that you can save me
And I'll say that you forgot
Pray for the dead

Pray for the dead [x3]

Ladies and gentlemen, can I have your full undivided attention?
There is something you all really need to know

You say that you can save me
Pray for the dead.

You say that you can save me
Pray for the dead.

edit on 16-12-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
This is Bring Me The Horizon's new CD.
There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e55b9d067497.jpg[/atsimg]

I do believe a lot of bands are spreading the same sort of message. Underoath, Bring Me The Horizon, Muse, Chiodos... They are awake. I have been following music around since the 90's and I've never seen such an up rise in the same message. I mean System of a Down was there, but these folks are just all piling up together and speaking more of the truth. Check out this song by BMTH called Alligator Blood.

Thanks for posting, that album cover reflects a lot of truth, i mean holding the key to freedom in one hand and a knife representing the pain and suffering in another hand, the lock to be opened is at the heart and the masonic ritual mask and robe conveys their message of truth. But only to a person who is looking for it, the rest of the audience is still too busy getting programmed by Lady Ga Ga, Beyonce, Black eyed peas etc.
For them to convey their message they will have to step up their game, why can't they go and convince other artists of their message, when every artists starts playing that kind of music may be then all of the people will wake up. And they have to make their message clear just like conscious rappers do.
It really amazes me that these kind of artists have increased a lot in recent years, which makes me wonder is some storm coming up, As this white lies - a place to hide song says :

I can see it on the TV There's an air attack
People on the mountains Screaming I'll be back
And I'm banging on your door
So come on and let me in I need a place to hide
I need a place to hide before the storm begins

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

oooh what ya gonna do
when the aliens come for you
will you say i do and fly into space
cause the crackpot says
its gonna be the end of the human race
1999 hell of a time...
I reckon this all happened before....

These were the lines that were said in a song called no worries 2000 by Salmonella Dub in his album Killer-vision:

Very similar to all seeing eye...

I wonder whether he said those lines because he was fearful about the so called year 2000 doom that never happened or he wanted to gain popularity due to the ongoing Y2K end of days beliefs that were popular in those days.
So the question remains:
Whether they do this for money...
Or to gain popularity...
Or they really know something that we don't...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You all must have watched Kanye West Runaway video, can someone tell me what they were eating in that dinner table, i am a vegetarian so i don't know anything about meat.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circular Universe
If anyone has heard of the metal band High on Fire, their new album Snakes for the Divine is all about reptilians and such things. They are extremely heavy.

Hmm. I never read the lyrics but I do listen to them often.

Come to think of it, Wormwood is a perennial topic for metal bands.

Wormwood (star)

Bands and/or albums titled Wormwood:

Marduk- Wormwood
The Acacia Strain - Wormwood
Wormwood (band)

Keep in mind, they could just be referring to absinthe as well.

edit on 27-12-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Too bad it's a crappy CD.

I've reviewed the new Underoath CD as well. Not my cup of tea.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Video killed the radio star. Not just words to a song.

When radio was king, you had to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, you didn't relate to a song because of the video that it went to.

You were intrigued by the music, you wondered who ARE these people who sing to you? Who seemingly know your very thoughts? You would pay to go see them in person just to get a glance at their countenance.

Music just isn't music anymore. Very few artists really do what it is music is all about. It wasn't always about the money, it was about the music. Today there are auditions for the part in a band. Bands are put together based on the name it will be. Lip syncing, acting out the video, image advisors, most singers don't even write their songs, they just buy them.

Just for giggles, what recent song touches your soul or heart?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join