It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil came to St Louis- Zazz Files 1 videocast Case study on the real 'Exorcist'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Exorcist movie makes me laugh, possession, is in my opinion a deep psychological issue most of the time, particularly as a result of drugs, schizophrenia or victims of abuse, there are however very few cases that are yet to be explained.

The story of the child "Robbie" in St Louis which the the movie was based upon is a 'unproven' story for me, so and for me fascinating, particularly when we can review pages form the Jesuit priest who is said the have performed the exorcism.

Author Thomas Allen contacted Halloran who admitted there was a diary and sent him a copy. In 1993, Allen wrote Possessed, using the journal as a reference. Some sources say the document was a twenty-six page diary that was found in the Alexian Brothers Hospital when the psychiatric wing was being demolished in 1978. One of the workers found it in a desk drawer and gave it to his supervisors who gave it to hospital administrators. It was identified as the work of Rev. Raymond Bishop, a priest who had participated in the exorcisms. Read more at Suite101: Exorcism and Father Walter H. Halloran: A Priest’s Role, a Diary and The Exorcist www.suite101.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f45c4f27d954.gif[/atsimg]

He had some incredibly bizare things to say, in errrr Aramaic

Exorcism Boy's bed sheets containing devil's messages and drawings including Aramaic writing and a treasure map of hell.

www.thehauntedboymovie.blogspot.com...

They began seeking help for Robbie and according to one account from 1975, called in two Lutheran ministers and a rabbi. Robbie had been baptized a Lutheran at birth, so one has to wonder why a rabbi was called to the house, although some have suggested that perhaps one of the ministers had asked him along. The account goes on to say that while the rabbi was examining the boy, Robbie suddenly began to shout in an unknown tongue. After listening for a few moments, the rabbi announced that he was speaking in Hebrew! Not only that, but the reports add that a professor from Washington University would later hear the boy's speech and he insisted that Robbie was speaking Aramaic, an ancient language of Palestine. If this account is accurate, we have to ask how a 13-year boy from Maryland would have learned to speak Aramaic?

www.prairieghosts.com...

The parents of the afflicted boy are non-Catholics. ...... Following protocol in the said ritual Bowderman forced Robbie to wear a chain of religious medals and to hold a crucifix in his hands. Robbie, reportedly became, uncharacteristically contrite and began to question Father Bowderman about meanings to certain Latin prayers, apparently in an attempt to make the Father doubt his faith. Father Bowderman continued with the ritual, completely ignoring any attempt made by the demonic entity controlling Robbie, to draw him into conversation. Finally Robbie completely lost all control and raged at the priest. Reportedly, it took five witnesses to hold the boy down as he finally screamed in response to the question ask by Father Bowderman for the demonic presence to tell him his name, that he was a "fallen angel".

Roland had violent seizures. As a result, he broke Halloran’s nose when he restrained the writing boy. The priests saw streaks, arrows and words such as "hell" on the boy's body. The Lutheran boy who knew no Latin frequently used that language’s phrases. Roland had cursing, vomiting and urinating episodes Read more at Suite101: Exorcism and Father Walter H. Halloran: A Priest’s Role, a Diary and The Exorcist www.suite101.com...

paranormalexperience.wetpaint.com...

Zazz Files Part One. sorry its starts to go outa sync not sure how to fix
*shakes fist at you tube, LOL end up scaring myself more than anyone else in this video!

Where is Robiie now?...if you believe this investigator

Robbie went on to attend a Catholic High School and remains a devout Catholic today. The boy of 1949 later went on to get married and to raise three children. There are a number of rumors that have swirled about this unfortunate man over the years, from the fact that he committed suicide to the claim that he was an American Airlines pilot. All that I can say is that through quite a bit of research, I have been able to learn the identity of "Robbie Doe". However, to get that information, I had to promise that I would never reveal who he was, or where he lives now. I will simply say that he had no further occurrences of anything supernatural ever occurred in his life. He still lives today in the Washington D.C. area.

www.prairieghosts.com...

The missing furniture form the "Exorcism Room" caused much fear where it went.

In recent years, another, stranger version of the fate of the items within the room has come to light. According to sources, the furniture was removed from the locked room at the time of the demolition but was never sold to the nursing home with the rest of it. The bed, nightstand, chairs and desk table were instead moved and locked away in the basement of a rectory in St. Louis. A number of years later, the rectory was scheduled to be torn down and movers were brought to haul away a number of items that were left in the basement. According to one of them, he arrived at the rectory with some other workers and they were taken down into the basement by a priest. He unlocked a door to one of the rooms in the back and let the men inside of it. However, the worker distinctly remembered that the priest himself refused to set foot inside. Within the room, they found several pieces of furniture that they were directed to remove and then seal up into a wooden crate. After that, the crate was to be placed in a storage facility and locked. The movers completed the task and then moved the crate to a storage warehouse that is located almost directly across from the gates to Scott Air Force base in Illinois. According to his story, the furniture from the "Exorcism Room", as it became known, is still here, sealed in a crate and largely forgotten.

www.prairieghosts.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Haven't had a chance to watch the whole video yet, I look forward to watching the rest tonight, nonetheless a very interesting find, S+F.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you do a google video search for exorcisms, there are TONS of fakes. I have seen maybe 2 that I would put stock in being the real deal but dont have specific links to them. You said that you are kind of on the fence as far as your faith goes, I hope you get that sorted out. God will warm your soul like nothing else when you commit to him. I have always been a big fan of the movie, too bad the sequels couldnt hold water compared to the origional. Um..this may sound cheesy...but you are extremely beautiful. Im sure you hear that all the time.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm currently listening to your youtube video. Very interesting topic.

Portions of the exorcism are believed to have taken place at St. Francis Xavier Church in St. Louis. But out of fear of attention on the Church rectory, the majority of the exorcism took place at the Alexian Brothers Hospital, in the psychiatric wing.

I use to attend Saint Louis University and the St. Francis Xavier Church was right on campus. It was attached to Dubourg Hall which its reportedly said he stayed some time in a room on the fourth floor. The school actually closed off the entire section of that floor because of strange stories that many faculty and students pass along. Another interesting note is that the freshman dorm is directly across the way and many would talk about seeing strange lights coming from the room. Here are a few photos.

Thought I just add of some of the outcomes from parts of the exorcism happening at SLU. I believe only one priest really talked about what happened at the school, I just know the boy was eventually moved because SLU officials were becoming weary of the progress. But I agree with you, its an unexplained story nonetheless. I've played with the same notion that you speak of, but some stories just have many unexplainable events. Especially this one because it lasted over a long period of time which leaves much time for strange occurences to happen.

(Everything about Dubourg Hall has been recently disproven as myths that many students and faculty believed in, but the exorcism did take place in the church.)
edit on 16-11-2010 by higns07 because: The stories I had on Dubourg have been proven as myths.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't know what your talking about but I dig your accent. Reminds me of watching an episode of "Flight of the Concords."

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

my soul is warm and fuzzy already , but thank you

The thread topic is not my "damned soul " nor my need to be converted

That said, every time I said ST Michael's name out loud i got wild goose pimples, so that should make you smile

The real story is actually far scarier than the movie!
Never saw the next sequels.
Cheers zazz
edit on 15-11-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoma15

errr a exorcism.....thought that was pretty clear????
And they are kiwis, not Aussies

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

WOW thanks for that link, so there naughty thing left residual activity in more than one place?
Fascinating the university closed off the floor, is it still closed off do you know?

And I agree with you, most things are explained, but I love getting scared by the ones that are currently "jury out'

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Cool vid Zazz
The part about the workers and the dark shape during the demolition, had me thinking power of suggestion. The workers expected to see something, so they did. Having the priests tell them the furniture had collected residual energy could have only re-enforced that belief. Still I lean towards there being some cases of actual possession. Something that can tune in to our frequencies.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Well actually, please forgive me for my ignorance. I was obviously going off my old tales from school, but here are articles from 2008 where it mentions that that the Dubourg Hall stories were a myth. The archivists are John Waide and Randy McGuire.

Exorcist experts keep SLU crowd on edge
Archivists reveal the truth behind Exorcist myth

But it does allow for greater discussion. From the first article.

Stories of furniture including the boys' bed suddenly lifting off the floor are accurate.

The second article actually states that they cannot prove that the boy did or did not stay in Dubourg in the Verhaegen Room but leaves some speculation after a ghost investigation.

“There was a hand print on the ceiling and what looked like blood streaks on the wall. And the sensors didn’t react there or anywhere else, but [the sensors] went crazy in the [Verhaegen] room.”

I know for sure that the floor was closed for years before and while I went there. The only time they had it open was for a tour on Halloween night, but never opened the room. Now they could have possibly opened it after the archivists said no evidence has ever been shown that the boy stayed in the hall.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That's a very interesting case. Spooky too. I wonder if Robbie is still alive somewhere.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yes I would say the power of suggestion covers off the workmen, but I can't discount it completely.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The Exorcist movie makes me laugh, possession, is in my opinion a deep psychological issue most of the time, particularly as a result of drugs, schizophrenia or victims of abuse, there are however very few cases that are yet to be explained.

Your Ignorance makes me laugh, ignorance, is in my opinion a deep psychological issue most of the time, particularly as a result of inept parenting, inflated ego, lack of education and real world experience.

Seriously you think possession cases are psychological issues? wow- just wow.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by higns07

Thats ok!
Like all hauntings, its hard to disprove or prove anything
urban tales, are fun either way

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It is my belief that demons can possess and destroy many lives. They are evil and their only goal is to cause pain and destroy what God loves and has created.

Exorcism is very real, even if it isn't really a demon no one can argue these things DO happen... it is at least a mental health issue. I can see it possible to one day be laughing at exorcisms just like how we scoff the idea of burning 'withches' at the stake. Maybe we can find a real cure for these problems.

However, I believe them to truly be evil beings. And demons and evil entities have more ways to cause problems than just possessing.

Just a personal belief thing for me...

Interesting read though... I wouldn't doubt Robbie not wanting any publicity on it... I'm sure it was a horrific event for hm and his entire family. He may fear it coming back for him in the future...

Great post! S+F

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

Your Ignorance makes me laugh, ignorance, is in my opinion a deep psychological issue most of the time, particularly as a result of inept parenting, inflated ego, lack of education and real world experience.

LOL
You tend to get cranky when I do a paranormal thread don't you now?

Thanks for the usual laugh though

I didnt say ALL possessions, and Yes I state that Ghosts and Hauntings are very real in my opinion.
Perhaps I can encourage you to maybe read more than the first paragraph, and you will see that its about my thoughts on a "possession"
Additionally, thx for insulting my parents...LOL
Insulting my worldly experience which you know nothing about...LOL
and as for my ego...well, I don't get cranky each time you come up with a interesting thread do I now ??

Stay on topic, not me or go back to your own 'special world'
edit on 16-11-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8

However, I believe them to truly be evil beings. And demons and evil entities have more ways to cause problems than just possessing.

Just a personal belief thing for me...

Thanks AZ, and personal opinions on the topic are all I am asking for
starred

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

That coming from someone who claims all her dreams are prophetic? And you say she's got an inflated ego

Yeah, whatever

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

So you laugh? How wonderful. Some folks manage to handle possession in a creative way....

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Kinda like this,,,,but there isn't really anything funny about folks who can't . It gets really ugly. Want more?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I laughed at the movie...man, what does it take to get people to read the whole thread nowadays.....?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join