It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test Your Political Standing:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (21).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (21).

How predictable eh?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This quiz obviously has an agenda, and I agree there are better quizes out there. If you must know...

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (40).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (90).

I chose no opinion on several because the answer to the question was obviously a set up. For example...

"2. Foreign Aid
Our role as the sole remaining superpower demands that our commitment to foreign aid for all purposes be expanded greatly and expanded to more nations.
[a.] The United States has too many domestic issues that must be dealt with. Aid to foreign countries should be reduced or eliminated.

[So if I click this one, I believe in domestic issues (a.k.a. welfare, etc.) and then that must make me a moderate/liberal.]

[b.] We have a responsibility to provide humanitarian aid to other nations without expectation of anything in return.

[If I click this one, it makes me a liberal]

[c.] Foreign Aid should be primarily to support the democratization of countries or to strengthen our relationships with other nations.

[If I click this one it makes me conservative]

[d.] No Opinion"

[Well, I'll take this one as a none-of-the-above]

The lame test

Look around yourself for others.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (33).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (25).

I have to say there were a number of questions where I didn't like any of the answers much. Oh well. I thought I was a bit more liberal than above. Doesn't really matter I guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
[So if I click this one, I believe in domestic issues (a.k.a. welfare, etc.) and then that must make me a moderate/liberal.]
[b.] We have a responsibility to provide humanitarian aid to other nations without expectation of anything in return.
[If I click this one, it makes me a liberal]
[c.] Foreign Aid should be primarily to support the democratization of countries or to strengthen our relationships with other nations.
[If I click this one it makes me conservative]

Did you use the button on the bottom, importance to you, low, medium, etc.? If not try it again, see if you get a different answer. I did this and it hit me bang on.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i have a question.

why do people take tests that pit their opinions agaisnt someone else's ideas of what a conservative or liberal is?

what i'm asking is this...why do some people want to "find out" what their political standing is according to someone else?

i dont need to take a test to "find out" where my political standing is. i dont care what someone else thinks my view are, the only opinion that matters to me is my own opinion. my political beliefs are where i think they should be and i wouldnt decribe them as anythin more than "mine". not conservative not liberal. by labeling such opinions views and beliefs certain people use those to create divides which they then use to pit us against each other because our views are "opposite" "do not mesh" and so on and so forth. in fact it is becoming largely acceptable to dislike agur fight with and even hate those who do not share our views because they are "opposite" of our own.

this country and this world is going down the toilet as the result of crap like this.

am i the only one who hasnt perticipated in this "test"???

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
PM, it's just a bit of fun. I know what my beliefs are as well, I just found it refreshing that this one actually worked. Most don't. I am a centrist, I take from both sides. I'm for gun control AND the death penalty. See what I mean.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
its all fine and dandy that you think its a "bit of fun" but not everyone will view it as such, myself not inculded in that.

some will use it as a tool to use against others. in fact such "tests" generally are used against us. they're used to reenforce this idea/notion/concept that we should fight each other (as people tend to follow the example of the politicians, lie fight use propaganda and whatever you do, never get along with "the enemy")and our views should be categorized and if someone else's views doesnt fit in the categories our are in they are "the enemy".

unfortunately not everyone will simply view this as a "bit of fun".

i'll never understand why some people insist on having every little thing in their lives categorized and labeled

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Did you use the button on the bottom, importance to you, low, medium, etc.? If not try it again, see if you get a different answer. I did this and it hit me bang on.

yes i did, but it still doesn't change the fact that this test (like many out there) are biased, and often have an agenda, even if unseen.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

yes i did, but it still doesn't change the fact that this test (like many out there) are biased, and often have an agenda, even if unseen.

ding ding ding!!!! we have a winner! nice to see i'm not the only one who sees this.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (17).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (45).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join