It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test Your Political Standing:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
See where you are in the world of politics

www.onlytheissues.com...

These are my score results:

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (87).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Conservative (67).

[edit on 10-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Im at 59 on non fiscal and 70 on fiscal

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
heres what they said on me

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (12).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (6).

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (17).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (25).

I bet my stance on gay marriage and marijuana had a lot to do with that
Oh and faith based charity.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
wow 12 and 17, a really low score.....lol j/k

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If they are gay it aint a marriage.
But I said legalise it too. Tax it regulate it and get it out of the hands of criminals. then crack down on crack

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
hmmm...

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (5).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (32).

My, how I have changed in these last few years. I expected a slightly higher conservative stance in terms of fiscal isues.

I personally think it gave me a 5 because of my answer on abolishing the Patriot act. Anyone else notice three out of 4 possible answers (excluding no opinion) are in support of it, in any shape or form? I have taken political tests before, and this one wasn't so great. It's a bit biased towards authoritarianism, and the options provided aren't that wide-ranging. I found myself jumping between responses because I could see myself accepting either one.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It is looking a bit engineered AO, isn't it.

An average liberal gets extreme low scores, while the average to extreme conservative gets (not high) but moderate scores, making that seem the most reasonable.

What the heck would a score of 100 be? Hitler?

Hmmm, since there's 3 conservative answers per question and one liberal option...guess which ones I choose. :shk: The only control you have to counter the bias is the low/medium/high importance level.

Accordingly, I'm moderate.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (25).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (30).
Your score is on a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 being fully liberal and 100 being Dick Cheney.

[Edited on 30-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
"On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (23).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (6). "

So I'm a filthy commie-hippie-tree-huggin' liberal

Anyway, the terms liberal and conservative don't seem to mean very much at all. So I'll define my own political orientation without the help of a website

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It is looking a bit engineered AO, isn't it.

What the heck would a score of 100 be? Hitler?

Thank you for that, Rant. For being a site that claims to be "just the issues", it seems to be more of a "just the agendas" site.

100% = Hitler!
seriously. Now you've inspired me to do what I usually do with tests like these: pretend I am the next worst thing to Hitler or Stalin. here's what I got by pretending to be such:

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (85).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (85).

I banned ze guns, I reduced gov't social involvement in favor of seKurity, nothing shall be broadcast on ze media visout my personal consent, only ze best art vill be allowed, abortion ist murder und vill not be tolerated, businesses shall not be environmentally compliant, no more money to countries outside of ze homelund, ze gov't vill spend more money than it makes, marriage ist only for a man und his voman, ze borders are now closed to immigration, no more subsidies for farms, ve must sacrifice our freedom for our own protection *wink wink*, ze gov't will tax and fund ze people for ze official gov't religion of purity, who cares about ze education, minimum wage ist up to ze business even if it vill pay a minimum of 2 cents per day, free trade ist gut und cheap labor ist sehr gut, social security shall be eradicated but you must still register for ze number, keep ze drugs illegal and make ze punishments a felonies, gov't has no business in healthcare so business can charge you up the wazoo for pills zat don't vurk, und finally, everyone shall be taxed at the same rate of 95%.

hmm... maybe despite all that I was a still a bit too soft? I don't even want to think of someone in power getting a 100.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Their classification system isn't really the best, either. There's more to the political spectrum than just liberal and conservative. Here's how it works out:

High fiscal, low non-fiscal: libertarian
High fiscal, high non-fiscal: conservative
Low fiscal, low non-fiscal: liberal
Low fiscal, high non-fiscal: authoritarian

Better political tests are:
The World's Smallest Political Quiz
The Political Compass (international)

I believe there are threads pertaining to both these.

Oh, yeah, I'm a conservative (98 fiscal, 58 non-fiscal)

And to answer your question, RANT, Hitler would be about 20-30 fiscal, 90-100 non-fiscal. The Political Compass has a diagram showing where many past and present world leaders fall on the spectrum. So, AlnilamOmega, you gave people and business way too much fiscal freedom to be Hitler or Stalin (Stalin would be about 0-10 fiscal, 90-100 non-fiscal).

[edit on 6/30/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Non Fiscal 52
Fiscal 51

Balanced on the fence. Centrist on both, whatever that means.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Authoritarian.
Thanks PurdueNuc. That's the classification I was looking for.

You think the Taliban would fall there too? Hard to say on fiscal issues. What about the House of Saud? They like keeping the wealth to themselves pretty much.

jsobecky 52 and 51?

If you have NO OPINION on all measure you get 50/50.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Interesting quiz, fairly accurate too, in my case.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (38).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (53).

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc
Better political tests are:
The World's Smallest Political Quiz

My god that's amazing. Of the 3 million people that have taken the quiz, look how few are right wing.

2,969,428 users have taken the quiz so far. Results are renewed after each submission

Libertarian 34.86 %
Left-liberal 18.96 %
Centrist 30.11 %
Right-Conservative 7.39 %
Authoritarian 8.68 %

7% Now if only we could get 93% of Republicans to join the LIBERTARIAN PARTY, we'd be all set.

In poll after poll most people are centrist to libertarian. They even agree with most of the left's (Democratic) planks on social issues, yet far right conservatives control all three branches of government based on one issue IMO: tax pandering.

Get with it Libertarians! You own the moderate ground.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I cant think of any dem social programs I agree with.
welfare no
AA no
higher taxes no
abortion no

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc
So, AlnilamOmega, you gave people and business way too much fiscal freedom to be Hitler or Stalin (Stalin would be about 0-10 fiscal, 90-100 non-fiscal).

That may be so, Purdue. I am not so sure considering Hitler's performance with IG Farben and Mercedes. However, with Stalin's iron fist pounding on Soviet industry in the beginning, that much I do have to give you.

As for giving people too much fiscal freedom... is the flat tax of 95% income taxation just not enough?

I preferred the other tests you linked, to be honest. I have taken them before, and even the simple but effective "world's smallest PQ" seems to be more accurate. Posing as hitler, I definitely got a 0/10 authoritarian rating. I have it posted on some older thread somewhere. This test on this thread is full of different possibilities with its answers. For instance, sure a flat tax could be nice... but just how high or low will that tax be?

Rant, I saw that statistic, too. If it's legit, then I am surprised to see the majority of test takers being Liberitarians. I scored as one just now with a 90/100 self-government rating. Quite shocking to see that the percentage of authoritarians is slightly higher than the right-conservativists. Maybe they were fooling around with it like I did in the past, but if they weren't... man, we need to do something about education.

[edit on 6/30/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
I preferred the other tests you linked, to be honest. I have taken them before, and even the simple but effective "world's smallest PQ" seems to be more accurate. ... For instance, sure a flat tax could be nice... but just how high or low will that tax be?

Really, no political test is going to be that accurate. There's always too many uncertainties in the wording of the questions. There would have to be several hundred questions to yield a decent result (like the mental test (MMPI) I had to take for work - 600 T/F questions). Anyways, like CiderGood said, classifications don't really mean much.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree with you completly Take me for example
I dont believe in abortion but I do believe in Leglising marijuana.
I do believ in the death penalty but I dont believe in prosecuting hate crimes differently
Am I liberal? no
Am I conservative? no
What am I?
I'm Me

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (52).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (96).

[edit on 30-6-2004 by cavscout]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join