It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient aliens - Mohendro Daro - Evidence of Nuclear power centuries before we discovered Nuclear p

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Forgive my lack of knowledge but couldn’t a meteor have caused them temperatures?

I do however sway to beleive if it wasnt aliens we were more advanced "back in the day" than we give ourselves credit for.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
First, the actual name of the city is Mohenjo-daro.

you didn't have bodies littering the streets, as presented by your links, iinstead you had a few bodies here and there, and the truth revealed by the studies is a little more gruesome than just bodies.
It was the cultural center for it's time, however all civilizations reach their end point.

Flooding seems to have disrupted the farming in the area, as well as done damage to the city. We know at the time the Indus Civilization was failing.
There were scattered bodies, but the evidence points more towards the city itself being in a general status of decay.
City infrastructure broke down, people were more less left where they died or shoved into alleys or rooms, the silt from the river helped bury the bodies later on.

The upper parts of the city stated inhabited longer, as they were safe from the flooding. However, eventually to those were abandoned.

The area was settled again during the early historic period, but again waned (probably still due to the flooding waters, which in the past had likely caused the city to be damaged as much as seven times.)

Today, there are a number of towns and settlements near the ruins.

Illustrated Essay on Mohenjo-Daro

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Thats not annoying. I spent two hours watching that documentary last night! I have clearly not done enough homework. Is funny though Rune. That is the third different explanation we've had since my first post. Im going to have another good look at all of them.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Whilest I am in fact a strong believer in the idea that we have "blasted ourselves back to the stone age" more than once, here is an idea for sceptics, assuming it was a large blast.

Natural Uranium is pretty dangerous as it is once you pack it into a small enugh container. Perhaps at some point in the past, a uranium mine was discovered. People got sick and the rocks were warm. Some assumption was made about the "stones of power" so they were brought back and stored in a large ceremonial chamber. The problem then is that the Uranium begins heating up and melting. Maybe exploding in a dirty reaction?

Just a fragment of an idea, anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I love this topic: Here you have the narration by Srimad Bhagavatam where a city is destroyed by the sudarshan disc weapon of Krishna.

The King Poundraka sent a messenger to Krishna claiming he is the only Lord of the Universe

Krishna replyed:

SB 10.66.8: The Personality of Godhead, aher enjoying the jokes of the assembly, told the messenger [to relay a message to his master:] "You fool, I will indeed let loose the weapons you boast of in this way

SB 10.66.9: "When you lie dead, O fool, your face covered by vultures, herons and vaṭa birds, you will become the shelter of dogs.

Krishna easely defeated that king and after that, the enemies where trying to get revenge by black magic but Sri Krishna counter attacks whit his disc Weopon:

SB 10.66.40: Frustrated by the power of Lord Kṛṣṇa's weapon, O King, the fiery creature produced by black magic turned his face away and retreated. Created for violence, the demon then returned to Vārāṇasī, where he surrounded the city and then burned Sudakṣiṇa and his priests to death, even though Sudakṣiṇa was his creator.

SB 10.66.41: Lord Viṣṇu's disc also entered Vārāṇasī, in pursuit of the fiery demon, and proceeded to burn the city to the ground, including all its assembly halls and residential palaces with raised porches, its numerous marketplaces, gateways, watchtowers, warehouses and treasuries, and all the buildings housing elephants, horses, chariots and grains.

SB 10.66.42: After burning down the entire city of Vārāṇasī, Lord Viṣṇu's Sudarśana cakra returned to the side of Śrī Kṛṣṇa, whose actions are effortless.

vedabase.net...

I hope we can someday learn what realy happened in our past.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
reply to post by RuneSpider

Thats not annoying. I spent two hours watching that documentary last night! I have clearly not done enough homework. Is funny though Rune. That is the third different explanation we've had since my first post. Im going to have another good look at all of them.

I hate the program, personally. You'll find that much they discuss has been discussed here, and Byrd, Harte, Hanslune, and others have effectively debunked it.

I'm not 100% on what I said there, I triple checked most of it, but I couldn't find similar sources to what I have in my books at home. One side affect of having no home internet.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Its not to hard to believe i mean we discovered it and its not like we have evolved at all since then.... and they prob had no idea what would happen so they just did it and everyone died along with all of their technology ....

imagine if he would have had radioactivity back then the world wouldnt even exist now

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

edit on 15-11-2010 by Ross 54 because: post withdrawn. link could not be made to work

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
reply to post by jexmo

I think it was a pole shift you can match the dates of the last pole shift with these events, but i also think that a pole shift can be caused artificially.

Can you link to why you think it's a pole shift and how it has the same effects.

I'm interested in reading it. I believe pole shifts have happened but I would like to read the info you have and why you think this is what happened here.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
Here you go guys. I found some more similar stories.

Th first is a piece of glass that was on a piece of King Tuts jewellery. In this article, they also mention Tunguska, Siberia:
s8int.com...

he story of Tunguska, Siberia is also an intriging one. The excuse they use is a good one but for me it doesn't add up:
en.wikipedia.org... Here is the link to wikidpedia that explains what happened. In this explanation they state that it was a meteor that exploded above the ground before it hit. My only argument with that would be, why was there a small patch that was completely unaffected in the middle of it? Trees were all laid down as if laid perfectly, similar to a crop circle for 20 miles in all directions, apart from a small patch. Doesn't make sense to me.

edit on 15/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

Plus, thousands of people also described that they had seen several large objects in the skies, making deliberate movements aswell as making stops and staying stationary, together with "gigantic spheres" appearing elsewhere and then setting course on the "Meteor".
Others, also witnessed to had seen close-up huge lightballs come up of the ground.

The event simply being a crashing "Meteor", seems very much to be one of those ordinary "Everybodygetbacktosleeep-explanations, if you research the case.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

I hate the program, personally. You'll find that much they discuss has been discussed here, and Byrd, Harte, Hanslune, and others have effectively debunked it.

I'm not 100% on what I said there, I triple checked most of it, but I couldn't find similar sources to what I have in my books at home. One side affect of having no home internet.

Lol They haven't debunked it what so ever, they have merely worded their opinions, which is just that; Their opinions, not facts, as they simply were not there.
And yes, you are right, nor were the AA-proponents.

Its funny how the word "Debuked" have changed its meaning to simply referirng to someone having said "Uh-uh, that is NOT so!", and tadaa- "Debunked".

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There is such a rich deeposit of naturaluranium in africa, that evidence of a natural reaction happening there at the site is observed.
If it happened once, well fill it yourself.....
The Saudi desert has also evidence of a large nuclear explsion(baalbek) i believe....
Other glassy vitrified sites exist too......The earth is four billion yrs old.....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

It also resembles a vase, lipstick, dome, corn on the cob or the tip of a finger.

Is it just possible you're mistaken and Shiva Ling doesn't mean 'atomic power?'

reply to post by jexmo

Nice one Jexmo. Usually the guys who make the claim for ancient nuclear wars refuse to accept their mistake and cling to their ideas forever more. You're the first member in a looooooong time to look at the evidence and change their mind. That's pretty damn cool for ATS.

The infrastructure required to manufacture something as simple as a nuts, bolts and washers is immense. They'd need stainless steel, complex alloys, rubber processing. Factories, steel presses, lathes and foundries. Skilled labour force etc. Before designing an atom bomb, they'd have to pass through the stages that make the idea even conceivable. Gunpowder, shot, bullets, shells, bombs...bigger bombs and through into chemical propellent missiles. All those steps before getting to atomic warfare.

The sites and writers who try and spread this BS avoid these details. Rather than explain how atomic warfare miraculously became possible, they tend to accuse science of hiding the facts. I think it's important to point out that sites like s8nt have full access to the real information and choose to lie to their readers instead. It's intentional deception. The site and many other supporters of these crazy ideas are fundamentalist religious believers in one shape or other...Hindu or Christian.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kadinsky, while the OP listed sites supporting the viewpoint, they got this from the Ancient ALiens program on the "History Channel".

Lol They haven't debunked it what so ever, they have merely worded their opinions, which is just that; Their opinions, not facts, as they simply were not there.
And yes, you are right, nor were the AA-proponents.

Its funny how the word "Debuked" have changed its meaning to simply referirng to someone having said "Uh-uh, that is NOT so!", and tadaa- "Debunked".

Well, the views from these other sites are based off of made up information.
When I say debunked, I mean, showing where such is not so.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Well, the views from these other sites are based off of made up information.
When I say debunked, I mean, showing where such is not so.

Funny, as what has been said in the show can also be found in the texts they speak about. The issue is about the interpretation of the texts- not wether they say this or that, and the "Debunkers" knows this too.

And again, they haven't disproved anything at all, although they may believe they had. Or, atleast, try to give the impression of it.

That said, Skyfloating debunked the debunkers in this thread; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I think we've done ourselves in at least once in the past, if not multiple times. As soon as I started reading this thread (which is very interesting by the way), I was reminded of "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" and the mutants who lived in the subways of an ancient, crumbling Manhattan. Here is their god for those who need reminding:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d888573d9f1b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There's more radiation in my back yard than there is at Mohenjo-daro. And thinking about it, my back yard shows more signs of bing hit by a nuclear bomb as well!

This false story crops up at least once a year and it's as much a lie today as it was when first made up.

Of more interest is that Mohenjo-daro this year recorded the highest temperature ever recorded in the whole of Asia.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Funny, as what has been said in the show can also be found in the texts they speak about. The issue is about the interpretation of the texts- not wether they say this or that, and the "Debunkers" knows this too.

Care to post an example extract of one of these texts? 'Nuclear weapons' and 'flying machines' have been shown to be lacking in substance fairly regularly.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Nightchild

Care to post an example extract of one of these texts? 'Nuclear weapons' and 'flying machines' have been shown to be lacking in substance fairly regularly.

If you search for words containing "Nuclear" in ancient texts, then it is bound that the search is in vain.

What you do is reading ancient texts and legendary accounts of "odd" wars, and then go from there. See?

And regarding actual flying machines, I posted such outdrafts in another thread about Ancient Extraterrestrials that you took part in.

The actual word "Machine" is used on several instances in Hindu and vedic texts. Is it proof for AA's? No, it isn't, but it is proof that they indeed had a word for "Machine" aswell as specifically for "Flying machines", when they did not use "Vimana".

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

have to agree if it was a neuclear blast it would have leveled the city...its still standing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join