It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing my belief system from my life (Bible, Cross and American Flag)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Nventual

Is your countries flag a belief system? lols

Why have you decided to throw out these things?

No they are probably idols

Glad you find it humorous

Because I no longer believe in America
edit on 14-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

I for one can understand, along with thousands of others, where you are coming from. We the People are fed up with the way the country is becoming a Police State, tired of our rights being ripped away slowly as each day passes, tired of watching the rich and Elite get rich while we barely have enough to survive, tired of watching our freedoms erode because of the so called War on Terror.

There are thousands of men and women that feel like us. They train daily to prepare for the day that they might have to stand up against a tyrannical government. Believe it or not, it just isn't the time yet. This country is like a ticking time-bomb and it is counting down to the last minute. The time has never been so close. Go to this website
wellregulatedamericanmilitias.com...
and read the forum that I linked you to. We are not alone brother. There are a lot of people feeling like us, a lot.

Please don't let what is going on and TPTB, ever make you give up on your country or your beliefs. If you do, then they win. Don't let the bastards win. The time is coming soon. If the dollar collapses I believe that will be what lights the fuse.

Hang in there and watch, for the hour of our reckoning is near......

edit to add: I was under the impression that you were giving up on country also and the first thing that came to mind is the situation we are facing today. Sorry if I was off-base, but what I said is might be helpful to somebody else if it's not you....

edit on 14-11-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

It isn't necessarily a mistake but I think it is impossible. It is who you are. If you don't like it you can move or superficially change your geographic location you can bury your religion, change or disregard it, but I think it always stays with you even in your subconscious, even when you think it is gone. Parts of what you learned make up who you became. Hypnotherapy can over ride patterned learned behaviors. Sounds like you have depression which is more a medical than an ideological matter
edit on 14-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: no laughing matter

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If I was in your situation, I would know these items were once purchased or received as a gift, and more than likely the intent was with love, so with love, place them away with love and state they no longer serve you, with love. Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Yes it is

I wish it was done already

Let's just get on with it

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

May I ask, what makes you feel this way? what has happened recently to you? I can give better advice then

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm very close to throwing my 200 year old family bible, on display under the cross, in the trash can

please don't destroy family treasures.

I just lied to you all it's from 1880.

So that only makes it 130 years old, not 200.

Close enough. Actually - I'm not sure you are being sincere or baiting on this subject.

But - I'm an Atheist and keep my family bible 100+ years old packed professionally for preservation.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes it is

I wish it was done already

Let's just get on with it

I hear you. I hope you are prepared for what is coming. You can never be prepared enough. Make plans and go over them several times a week. Have your # ready where you can leave everything and go, or be prepared to hunker down where you are. Just a little while longer.....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

May I ask, what makes you feel this way?

Everything is illegal

Regulations are oppresive

We are all prisoners held in a failed, oppresive system

Optimism is dead

We are all being manipulated

The elites are playing money games with funny money and pass laws to enrich themselves

The poor are too stupid to rise up or question their own situation, because they get paid by the elite to remain stupid. Well let's face it most of them are stupid even if they don't get paid.

The media controls peoples thoughts by broadcasting whatever version of the truth they feel like portraying.

Nobody can agree on anything

No one is responsible for anything

Everyone is greedy

They all want money, so let's give it to 'em

Spin up the printing presses boys - Let them eat paper

Even those who feel like I do feel helpless to do anything

What kind of a future am I leaving to my kids?

Something that I believe in?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I hope you are prepared for what is coming.

We are not prepared

It is likely that we will be consumed in the flames

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I'm very close to throwing my 200 year old family bible, on display under the cross, in the trash can

please don't destroy family treasures.

I just lied to you all it's from 1880.

So that only makes it 130 years old, not 200.

Close enough. Actually - I'm not sure you are being sincere or baiting on this subject.

But - I'm an Atheist and keep my family bible 100+ years old packed professionally for preservation.

No I am serious Annee

There is no other motive at play here other than my utter disgust with what is going on

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

May I ask, what makes you feel this way?

Everything is illegal

Regulations are oppresive

We are all prisoners held in a failed, oppresive system

Optimism is dead

We are all being manipulated

The elites are playing money games with funny money and pass laws to enrich themselves

The poor are too stupid to rise up or question their own situation, because they get paid by the elite to remain stupid

The media controls peoples thoughts by broadcasting whatever version of the truth they feel like portraying.

Nobody can agree on anything

No one is responsible for anything

Everyone is greedy

They all want money, so let's give it to 'em

Spin up the printing presses boys - Let them eat paper

Even those who feel like I do feel helpless to do anything

What kind of a future am I leaving to my kids?

Something that I believe in?

Think outside the box!.

Computers are now the new TV,the new "Idiot box"..."Boob Tube"......

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

Think outside the box!.

Computers are now the new TV,the new "Idiot box"..."Boob Tube"......

So you think they are intentionally pushing people onto the internet to interact instead of having thier brainwashing delivered through hollywood and the networks?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You dont need any of those things.
All you need is your own moral judgements on what is right and wrong (which you obviously have).

Toss the flag for the reasons you have already stated. you know who and where you are.

The Cross, well you dont need an icon on the wall. who is it hanging up there for anyway.
do you need reminding each day visually, to something thats in your mind.
do others need to know of your beliefs?

The Bible, that has some family history. I also has good values and lessons for you and your family.
some of those lessons are why you are so peeved at the injustice you see around you. those lessons are also why you have not just gone along in a life of the self-absorbed sheeple. leave it in a box for another day.

Why stop there... get rid of all the status and un-practical stuff.
Fancy car to make the neighbours oooh and arrrrh, or a damn fine practical vehicle to get you and your family around cheaply. I'm sure you can find stuff from clothes, books, kitchen stuff, everywhere that you probably haven't used in a year. dump them to a charity and re-assess you needs as oposed to your wants. You will find this exercise very liberating.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

The Cross, well you dont need an icon on the wall. who is it hanging up there for anyway.

I thought about replacing it with something positive like a list of goals to accomplish

Everytime I walk out of the door I would be reminded of what I am doing

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You should donate the bible to one of those second hand stores.
My bible came from one. It's fairly old and has a note from a mother to her son on the first page. I prefer it over a new one.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No I am serious Annee

There is no other motive at play here other than my utter disgust with what is going on

OK - - as I say - - Religion is man made for control and political reasons. However - "there are truly those who walk in His footsteps". Few and far between - - to find one who truly understands the message and lives it.

We are assimilated from birth to believe there is a Creator God. How many actually "step out of the circle" - - - and ask themself - - "Do I really believe in a God?" - - - - very very few in my opinion.

As far as Flag Waving - - - we are victims of political propaganda - - - just like every nation. Its kind of pathetic when Americans rant and rave about how citizens of other countries are victims of political propaganda - - - and are blind to the fact Americans are too.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Every time you walk out the door,all you have to do,is live until you die.

Goals are usually serving others,be selfish in an unselfish way.

Be free,if you can find a way.

One cannot be selfless without dying.

Die by example,or live by example.

Don't be a number.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

I thought about replacing it with something positive like a list of goals to accomplish

Everytime I walk out of the door I would be reminded of what I am doing

I have some goals stuck on my door!

some quotes from 'Fight Club' may sum up your thoughts (sorry it's one of my favs):

"I see all this potential, and I see us squandering it. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy # we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." ~ Tyler Durden

"You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your f&*king khakis. I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may." ~ Tyler Durden

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its a fight for your mind. Do you know what the war is about yet? Im guessing not.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't believe in the bible myself, but never throw out a 200+ year old book.

If its lost its sentimental value, sell it!

Don't EVER destroy books, of any kind, even if you don't believe in their message.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join