It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats wrong with the moon part 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
There is something in the pipeline rushing towards us...

What can it be ?

Well from this thread it was more Youtube BS it seems

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I noticed something different as well in the moon the other night I do believe this is start of a polar shift ending all in 2012

reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by weedwhacker
It's complicated stuff....but, surely some chain-smoking hick from bumbles-ville middle America knows a lot more than thousands of professional astronomers and mathematicians and scientists, right??

I don't think its terribly complicated stuff!

Second the moon does not rotate on its axis. You will always see the same side(azimuth) of the moon regardless of where you are located. It is called gravitional lock! This by itself should ring the anomaly bell, let alone that "things" dropped on its surface appear to cause hollow vibration sounds.

It orbits the earth and changes in its orbit may be noticeable. The moon, despite its light mass, has at least 66% of earth's gravity...again another anomaly. That explains why astronauts did not literaly float while walking on the surface.

Oh and lets not forget about the hoageland artifacts discussed in "Nasa: Dark Mission" where nasa is willing to go to great lenghts to cover-up anything found..."project" airbrush anyone? NASA and many other space programs are controlled by think tanks dominated by masons and other secret societies so please don't give me the "professional" astronomers and matheticians baloney...

People need the truth and your NOT giving it to them!

How many of the statements you made above are WRONG
----- ALL OF THEM

1) Obviously it IS to complicated for you to understand

2) The Moon does rotate we iirc can actually see 54% of the surface due the the period of rotation being slighty different from the number of days to orbit the Earth. Re your figure for the Moons gravity
if it was as high as that NONE of the spacecraft sent to orbit the moon would have done so because all calculations made would have been WRONG!

3) Your hollow vibration statement is wrong as well, if a blacksmith hits an anvil with a hammer that will vibrate and ring both the hammer and anvil are SOLID!!!

4) Please LETS FORGET Hoagland because he has not got a CLUE
: Secret societies, masons running everything YOU need to get out more.

What the hell has happened to the education system WORLDWIDE over the last few years judging by posts and threads on here its went right down the toilet

edit on 15-11-2010 by wmd_2008 because: layout

edit on 15-11-2010 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If you want info on the moon conspiracy there is a great chapter in "Human Race Get Off Your Knees" sure does make you think. 'Specially when you see a thread like this one.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

The Earth has always wobbled on its axis. That could be the reason the moon seems to be tilting.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
now im no expert on the moon, im just asking, but does it have anything to do with the time of the year or where the observers location is ? because i saw 2 different pictures of the moon, 1 from january of 2010 and 1 from august of 2010 and their is a big change in the position of the features on the moon from these 2 dates.
just curious.

steve.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

Yes, it does make a big difference, also the moon does wobble.
See the animation on page 2 of this thread to get a clearer picture.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

Yes -- The month./season in which you are viewing the Moon makes a difference (due to the tilt of the Earth).
HOWEVER, it also matters what time of the night you are viewing the Moon.

The craters that are near "top" of the moon as it rises will be the craters that will be near the "bottom" of the Moon as it sets. Obviously, this is because the first part of the Moon that we see rise above the eastern horizon is the first part of the Moon that sets below the western horizon.

So the setting Moon will appear to be basically "upside-down" relative to the rising Moon on any given day.

EDIT TO ADD:
This is also why an upturned-crescent at Moonrise will appear to be a down-turned crescent as the day/night goes on.

edit on 11/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You are right. "Tidal" lock was just easier to write...and I tend to use that term, and gravitational lock interchangeably....it's called speaking casually, and in ways that sounds more informal.

Some people respond better to technical jargon, others to more folksy terms. Can't please everyone???

Now.....to the rest...although you were technically accurate and it is more scientific to say "gravitational", what about the rest of your post??:

And what "rotatation" rate are you talking about if you agree about "tidal" lock? Do they actually teach this CRAP at schools? No wonder students are becoming more and more retarded...lower iq!

Excuse me? How old do YOU think I am???

Are you attempting to claim that the Moon does not rotate about its axis?? If so, you are terribly wrong.

Is it possible that you have no real understanding of gravitational lock? Now, after I wrote the beginning of this post, I went back to read more of yours....and while I agreed in principle with the "tidal" versus "gravitational" lock controversy, you should be aware (you ARE researching this, right??) I mean, if you are calling people "retarded" and accusing them of having "lower iq"(sic)??? Right??

Below, are some snippets from Wiki...however, since some people tend to sneer at the Wiki Wiki (which means "quick", or "fast" in the Hawai'ian language, BTW), there is also a link here to another source as well, you can read at your leisure:

Tidal Coupling and Gravitational Locking

(Is "tidal coupling" more to your liking??)

Here is the Wiki entry. you might wish to read it also, in depth: Tidal Locking

A tidally locked body takes just as long to rotate around its own axis as it does to revolve around its partner.

(Isn't that about the same as I already wrote??)

But wait, there's more:

List of known tidally locked bodies
Solar System
Locked to the Sun
:

Mercury (in a 3-2 rotation/orbit resonance)
Locked to the Earth:

Moon
Locked to Mars:

Phobos
Deimos
Locked to Jupiter:

Metis
Adrastea
Amalthea
Thebe
Io
Europa
Ganymede
Callisto
Locked to Saturn:

Pan
Atlas
Prometheus
Pandora
Epimetheus
Janus
Mimas
Enceladus
Telesto
Tethys
Calypso
Dione
Rhea
Titan
Iapetus
Locked to Uranus:

Miranda
Ariel
Umbriel
Titania
Oberon
Locked to Neptune:

Proteus
Triton
Locked to Pluto:

Charon (Pluto is itself locked to Charon)
Extra-solar:
Tau Boötis is known to be locked to the close-orbiting giant planet Tau Boötis b.

Now, who needs to go back to school??

Because someone read some things, and didn't fully comprehend

According to the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory that means ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES!

From the same Wiki pages:

This effect is employed to stabilize some artificial satellites.

When the Moon landing happened in 1969, Buzz Aldrin said the Moon rang like a bell for three hours?

Completely false! Armstrong's and Aldrin's Apollo 11 mission included the placement of a seismometer. It returned data for only about three weeks.

Apollo 12's crew positioned another seismometer. After they returned to the LM, the ascent stage was allowed to impact the surface, to measure the results. The surprising readings showed possible hollow cavities, and a less than dense core, as a likely internal arrangement for the Moon. (The Earth has "hollow cavities" too...they're called "caves". And, "lava tubes". Some are byproducts of past volcanic activity. Just like on the Moon....)

Apollo 13 intentionally impacted the S-IVB booster stage, when it was no longer needed, after they were safely on their way back to Earth. THAT impact reverberated for about three hours. The unfortunate choice of phrase "rang like a bell" is completely misunderstood...mostly by those "retarded", "low iq(sic)" types, I guess....

According to its size it should be much lower than what it actually is.

Here, you are referring apparently to the Moon's diameter? And its gravitational field strength??

Care to provide sources to back up this assertion???

edit on 15 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

There is nothing wrong with the term "tidal locking". Scientists use it all the time, and tidal forces are certainly involved in "gravitational locking". Without tidal bulging, there would be no gravitational locking. Therefore, the term "tidal locking" is NOT a misnomer.

As you stated before, weedwhacker, Tidal locking is quite natural and well-understood. There are over 30 major moons in the solar system that are tidally locked to their parent body -- that is to say that, just like our Moon, they rotate once for every revolution. All four of Jupiter's "Galilean Moons" (Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, and Io), plus other Jovian moons, are tidally locked to Jupiter. Saturn has 15 tidally locked moons, including Titan, Mimas and Enceladus. Both of Mars' moons are gravitationally locked to Mars. Charon and Pluto are locked to each other. Uranus and Neptune both have multiple moons that are tidally locked to the parent.

Also, scientists have discovered whole exo-planets that are tidally locked to their star -- i.e., the planet's day (rate of rotation) = its year (rate of revolution). The result is that the same hemisphere of the planet always faces the star.

Basically, if the Earth's Moon didn't only show one face to the Earth, it would be more of a scientific anomaly than the fact that it does.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Riffrafter
I've noticed the moon looking odd lately too.

For instance, I've never seen it wax from crescent towards full from the *bottom up*, yet that is exactly what I saw last night. It always seemed to go from left/right or right/left if I remember correctly.

Why is the crescent moon at sunset sometimes tilted like a backwards "C", and sometimes flat on its back like a "U"?
Answer here:
planetariumweb.madison.k12.wi.us...

Thanks for posting this.

Only thing that is confusing for me is the site talks about the "U" shape appearing in March.

Would it also be that way in November?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thank you!!!

I gave the member benefit of doubt, then read the rest of the post...and THEN edited accordingly, up above.

Sorry if it seems harsh, but sometimes some people just need to be taken to task. It's the Instructor instinct in me, I guess
edit on 15 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

FYI, I wasn't correcting you as much as responding to your "need to respond" to 'earthcitizen' and his/her confusingly inaccurate (dare I say "ignorant" -- in the ATS sense of the word) reply to you...

-- i.e., I was backing you up.

Obviously, earthcitizen should have researched the topic (the WHOLE topic -- not just the tidal-locking stuff) a little more before he/she responded.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Some Information:
(read this and take it into consideration)

WHEN THE POLAR SHIFT STARTS YOU WONT FEEL ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFETIME BECAUSE ALL THE CHANGES TAKE PLACE OVER 500.000-1.000.000 YEARS. IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN IN 1-2 YEARS THE PLANET WOULD BE DESTROYED OR THE SURFACE AT LEAST.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
The moon is Earth's engine. We can use it to create gravitational pulls between it and earth. A system of ancient energy transfer sites were built on earth by our ancestors, and we've used them before in order to avoid objects from space, increase our growing cycles, move out of the way from solar flares. This system is automatically triggered when Earth becomes endangered. 12,000 years ago, the earth revolved around the sun on a 360 day cycle, then it was changed to 365 days, Proof the system works. Two sites are known, Giza, which activates the space between us & Orion, and Angkor Wat, which uses the space between us and the constellation Draco. I think quite a few of us have recently started to remember this system is here to be used to protect our earth.

I think you can use Stonehenge to determine the locations of the other sites.

Vague Notions:

Whatever happens, happens every 12000 years.
We as a race are a lot older than we can possibly imagine.
Earth is the Ark, we moved it before out of harm's way, we may need to move it again.
Tesla knew how to tap zero point energy, the connective force between us and the moon.
The moon is already moving into position, expecting us to turn the system on and divert whatever danger presents itself for 2012.

Some interesting theories. Care to offer any sources or evidence?

I'm so glad we can move the Earth whenever we want, thats brilliant!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I'm so glad we can move the Earth whenever we want, thats brilliant!

Yeah...I'd like to see some evidence, too.

Guess, when these fantastic devices "move" the earth, also move the stars too?

Since the positions of the stars haven't changed at all....seems if the Earth really DID "move" a great deal, there'd be some parallax differences seen, when comparing star positions before/after...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree. Starting this past summer, my mom and I started to notice what appeared to be the moon looking "wrong". Almost like it has a dark disc in front of it..the edges are elongated, almost oval shaped instead of circle. Also during the crescent phases, the horns are blurred and in the middle of the crescent seems to be a notch or point which is really bizarre.
Also the phases seem to build too quickly sometimes..it is really strange and we thought we were the only ones noticing! And other times it looks like the moons travel across the sky is out of place.
Being people that have walked outside in the evening all our lives, we definitely notice when our beloved moon starts to look odd. I can't say the cause, but it is definitely noticable.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
whitedeveil, thanks for bringing up 'TheDolphiSings' post -- I must have missed it before.

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
The moon is Earth's engine. We can use it to create gravitational pulls between it and earth. A system of ancient energy transfer sites were built on earth by our ancestors...

...Two sites are known, Giza, which activates the space between us & Orion, and Angkor Wat, which uses the space between us and the constellation Draco...

There are no specific places in space that could be considered "Orion" or "The constellation Draco".
The stars in both of those constellations are scattered about 3D space, and some of those stars are closer to earth than they are to each other. They only look like they are near each other as we view them in the 2D sky.

For example, the bright star "Bellatrix" (or "γ Orionis") -- forming one of Orion's "shoulders" -- is MUCH closer to the Earth (240 LY) than it is to "ε Orionis" (1100 LY), which is a star in Orion's Belt. If you were near "ε Orionis", you would think that Bellatrix is close to our Sun. Even the stars in the belt are not really near each other in 3D space. They only look like they are when viewed from earth. In reality, the three stars in Orion's Belt range form 540 to 430 light years from each other.

The same goes for Draco. "η Draconis" is closer to Earth than it is to "β Draconis" (also know as "Rastaban"), From Rastaban's viewpoint, our Sun and "η Draconis" perhaps are part of their own constellation.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
S&F for op. Great Read, very interesting ! I think you are on to something with this.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Thanks for that link. Very cute story. Not exactly the same as my dream, but the man on the moon did invite the rabbit to live with him in my dream. It was so clear (the dream) that I think I must have seen this story in a movie or cartoon as a child.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join