It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats wrong with the moon part 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I didnt watch the vids or read the comments, but I do know for a fact when I was a kid the "rabbit" use to lay on his back, now its resting on its ear. Some # my daddy used to tell me when I was a kid. Dogs howled at the moon cause there was a rabbit up there laying on his back.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a319ed5a688.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-11-2010 by SirKnightE because: added pic of rabbit

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Firstly, your second link is a failed link. I had to go dig up one of his vids on my own and all it does is repeat the same old story from the first video using the same pictures at the end. It adds nothing new to the first video. Which for me at least is easily explainable.
What is the source of these pictures anyway? Von Helton?
They are obviously out there on the web on some site.
Basically it doesn't matter anyway, all you have to do to keep a track on the moon yourself is to look at it or if you prefer the indoors type of thing just check out a few astronomy forums lunar section, daily many people will put pics up of what they saw last night. If your lucky you might even get a location. Do this long enough you will have quite a collection of changing Moon pics and you yourself can make the same sort of rubbish these people are sprouting.
Von Helton even admits he doesn't know what he is talking about.
As for smokingjoetrainer, well just by looking at his other vids listed I wouldn't call him reliable either and he admits he is running off of Von Helton.

Again, I question the source of these pictures, where and when and how they were shot. This is the pictures appearing in the videos.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b77c0be7b0d9.png[/atsimg]

This is a picture taken just a few hours ago.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce75118c0cc5.jpg[/atsimg]

Both videos claim the pics they show was how the Moon was last night, well the most recent ones and ones from last night prove different.
edit on 14-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Not again...when will this fallacy go away???

Second the moon does not rotate on its axis.

YES it does! Why do people have such difficulty understanding this?

Its rotation rate is approximately 28 Earth days. Once around its axis, every 28 days. Also, 28 days is the orbital period. (These are approximates, it is NOT exact).

THAT is called "tidal lock". Look it up. I have trouble understanding why people simply don't bother to research this, at least THAT part isn't hard, it's on Wiki for gosh sakes!

AND, the funny part, is you seem to know half of it, without understanding the rest, like here:

You will always see the same side(azimuth) of the moon regardless of where you are located. It is called gravitional lock!

And, it's "hemisphere" (azimuth is something else..angle referenced to a fixed plane).

...by itself should ring the anomaly bell....

Not really. Tidal locking of natural satellites is actually quite common in our Solar System. Happens over time. Great deals of time, like billions of years. Look it up, if you will....

... let alone that "things" dropped on its surface appear to cause hollow vibration sounds.

False. Misinterpretation, again. Sound waves can reverberate in solid objects, too. They don't have to be "hollow" to create such effects.

The moon, despite its light mass, has at least 66% of earth's gravity...

Nope. ( Where does this stuff come from??
) NOT "66%". More like 16-17%.

That explains why astronauts did not literaly float while walking on the surface.

Utterly so wrong, it doesn't even need a response. Just think about what you wrote, for a while. Really think about it....

Oh and lets not forget about the hoageland artifacts discussed in "Nasa: Dark Mission" ...

Say no more. R. Hoagland is a con artist at best, insane and delusional at worst. There is not ONE shred of factual information in his book (well, maybe the address of the publisher is factual...and the spelling of names, stuff like that...)

I'm afraid the rest of your post was paranoid gibberish. Really, try to do some actual studying.....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Not again...when will this fallacy go away???

Second the moon does not rotate on its axis.

Its rotation rate is approximately 28 Earth days. Once around its axis, every 28 days. Also, 28 days is the orbital period. (These are approximates, it is NOT exact).

THAT is called "tidal lock". Look it up. I have trouble understanding why people simply don't bother to research this, at least THAT part isn't hard, it's on Wiki for gosh sakes!

AND, the funny part, is you seem to know half of it, without understanding the rest, like here:

You will always see the same side(azimuth) of the moon regardless of where you are located. It is called gravitional lock!

And, it's "hemisphere" (azimuth is something else..angle referenced to a fixed plane).

...by itself should ring the anomaly bell....

Not really. Tidal locking of natural satellites is actually quite common in our Solar System. Happens over time. Great deals of time, like billions of years. Look it up, if you will....

... let alone that "things" dropped on its surface appear to cause hollow vibration sounds.

False. Misinterpretation, again. Sound waves can reverberate in solid objects, too. They don't have to be "hollow" to create such effects.

The moon, despite its light mass, has at least 66% of earth's gravity...

That explains why astronauts did not literaly float while walking on the surface.

Utterly so wrong, it doesn't even need a response. Just think about what you wrote, for a while. Really think about it....

Oh and lets not forget about the hoageland artifacts discussed in "Nasa: Dark Mission" ...

Say no more. R. Hoagland is a con artist at best, insane and delusional at worst. There is not ONE shred of factual information in his book (well, maybe the address of the publisher is factual...and the spelling of names, stuff like that...)

I'm afraid the rest of your post was paranoid gibberish. Really, try to do some actual studying.....

he moon’s mean density is 3.34 gm/cm3 (3.34 times an equal volume of water) whereas the Earth’s is 5.5. What does this mean? In 1962, NASA scientist Dr. Gordon MacDonald stated, "If the astronomical data are reduced, it is found that the data require that the interior of the moon is more like a hollow than a homogeneous sphere." Nobel chemist Dr. Harold Urey suggested the moon’s reduced density is because of large areas inside the moon where is "simply a cavity." MIT’s Dr. Sean C. Solomon wrote, "the Lunar Orbiter experiments vastly improved our knowledge of the moon’s gravitational field . . . indicating the frightening possibility that the moon might be hollow." In Carl Sagan’s treatise, Intelligent Life in the Universe, the famous astronomer stated, "A natural satellite cannot be a hollow object."

On November 20, 1969, the Apollo 12 crew jettisoned the lunar module ascent stage causing it to crash onto the moon. The LM’s impact (about 40 miles from the Apollo 12 landing site) created an artificial moonquake with startling characteristics—the moon reverberated like a bell for more than an hour. This phenomenon was repeated with Apollo 13 (intentionally commanding the third stage to impact the moon), with even more startling results. Seismic instruments recorded that the reverberations lasted for three hours and twenty minutes and traveled to a depth of twenty-five miles, leading to the conclusion that the moon has an unusually light—or even no—core.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hello weedwhacker. Thank you for that bit of information which all very informative.
The answer lies within the info you wrote. The moon is affected by the Earth and
vice versa. Do you agree that the earth has a molten core? (as taught in our Schools)?

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd embed the pictures except this option was taken away from me by ATS due
to me defending myself against trolls. Now this reply will also be deleted for
being "off topic". Anyway, since the Earths core is "molten Iron" and exibits
a magnetic field

en.wikipedia.org...

what properties in your reply do you think could effect the moon if something
changed on Earth? If the strings are equal to the magnetic influence of the Earth
on the moon in the video ok, if not....Could it be that your reply is missing something
or not complete? I am not saying you are wrong, what I am saying is that you left something
out of the equation. Back to the drawing board, you might still have some homework to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

...If the strings are equal to the magnetic influence of the Earth
on the moon in the video ok, if not...

First, ignore the strings in the video with the bicycle wheel, in regards to the Moon or Earth....they had to support the wheel in Earth's gravitational field somehow! That's the only purpose of those strings.

The Earth's magnetic field isn't a factor on the Moon that I know of. It is GRAVITY we are talking about, mostly...when discussing tidal lock, for example.

Our mag field is "local"...the lines of magnetic influence begin at the poles, arc up and out, around and to the other pole, all around.

You have to understand the very limited range of magnetism, too....the force decreases by the square of the distance, (if a dipole magnet) and the CUBE of the distance (if a monopole), so by the time you are as far away as the Moon's orbit, it is virtually zero. (Earth is a dipole).

Remember that for all intents and purposes the Earth and Moon exist in a "frictionless" environment...that is, just floating in space, as we are. They both interact on each other, just as ALL objects exert some sort of gravitational effect. YOU are pulling on the Earth right now...the mass of your body pulls the Earth. Just, the difference in mass is SO vast, the effect YOU have is so small as to be, well...zero. Immeasurably small, anyways.

Gravity is also inversely proportional to the square of the distance.

Not sure of the question....my point was about momentum, in this case angular momentum. "object in motion stays in motion", remember from Newton? Either straight-line (unless acted upon externally) or, when speaking of rotating masses, angular. That's when gyroscopic forces come into play....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

I'm so interested in you rabbit on the moon story that your dad told you. When I was a child I also saw a rabbit on the moon and my family couldn't see it. They thought I was nuts.

I had had a dream about the Easter Bunny on the moon. He was on a mission to deliver "the egg" when he was mistaken for a spring hare in a hound hunt. He was hiding on the moon and that was why the hounds always barked at the moon, I told my family.

I have tried to find this "legend" but to no avail, and then I see your post. I hope this isn't "off topic," but I just had to reply.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

One theory that I have absorbed is the Electric Universe Theory. I believe that they are not
teaching everything they know, for example: the Electrical influence on Gravity/ Anti-Gravity

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

...Our mag field is "local"...the lines of magnetic influence begin at the poles, arc up and out, around and to the other pole, all around.....

en.wikipedia.org...

I want you to look at this site and tell me your opinion on whether this could
have some effect on the moon or not. Oh, and don't forget the "Strings" in
the video......they do represent something

keelynet.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I prefer gravitational lock! Tidal lock is nonsense.

And what "rotatation" rate are you talking about if you agree about "tidal" lock? Do they actually teach this CRAP at schools? No wonder students are becoming more and more retarded...lower iq!

According to the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory that means ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES!

When the Moon landing happened in 1969, Buzz Aldrin said the Moon rang like a bell for three hours?

According to its size it should be much lower than what it actually is.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
I've noticed the moon looking odd lately too.

For instance, I've never seen it wax from crescent towards full from the *bottom up*, yet that is exactly what I saw last night. It always seemed to go from left/right or right/left if I remember correctly.

Why is the crescent moon at sunset sometimes tilted like a backwards "C", and sometimes flat on its back like a "U"?
Answer here:
planetariumweb.madison.k12.wi.us...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is another article on strange things going on because of the moon.
Sure seems to be alot of it lately eh? Enjoy.

www.russia-ic.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
The moon shows the same side ALL the time. Depending where you are, it would appear at a different angle. Like looking at a ball from different points in the same room, you will still see the same side of the ball just a different section will be more prominent as you change positions.

I have heard a lot of suspicious things on a history channel program recently.

I'd like to know if there is a security camera, a satellite or something, trained 24/7 on the dark side of the moon?
It would be easy to sneak up on earth by coming straight in from behind the moon and landing there.

I don't trust the moon.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

however seems im NOT the only one that has noticed strange goings on with the moon, seems we have had some sort of shift which can be proved with this link here

I've noticed the moon looking odd lately too.

For instance, I've never seen it wax from crescent towards full from the *bottom up*, yet that is exactly what I saw last night. It always seemed to go from left/right or right/left if I remember correctly.

Also, I just checked a few websites showing current moon phase and they all show something like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02f2ce9ebb0c.gif[/atsimg]

But this is what my son & I saw last night:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfef751af8c8.gif[/atsimg]

Maybe it does that often and I just never noticed?

Hopefully some of our resident lunar and/or astronomy experts can chime in regarding that

I'll take a few pics tonight. It looked really beautiful last night.

Odd, but beautiful.

I noticed the same thing and thought it was very odd.
It took me a minute, but I kept looking at it thinking something isn't right.
If this is normal, I just haven't noticed it before. But as much as I look up, I can't help but think something is changing.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewoman

I'm so interested in you rabbit on the moon story that your dad told you. When I was a child I also saw a rabbit on the moon and my family couldn't see it. They thought I was nuts.

I had had a dream about the Easter Bunny on the moon. He was on a mission to deliver "the egg" when he was mistaken for a spring hare in a hound hunt. He was hiding on the moon and that was why the hounds always barked at the moon, I told my family.

I have tried to find this "legend" but to no avail, and then I see your post. I hope this isn't "off topic," but I just had to reply.

I have been looking for the same story myself so maybe oneday I can pass it to my soon. It was cool when I was a kid, and sometime I still go out and look up and think about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zosocoda

Yeah, I wonder the same thing. It is like that again tonight, top dark, bottom illuminated.

I am guilty of being so un-observant that I do not know if that is normal or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewoman

Heres what my sister just sent meRabbit in the moon fairytale doesnt talk about the hounds like I remeber, but I guess this is the recent version

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
seeing the same relative 'tilt' from where i am (nw ohio). through the binoculars i notice that from my perspective the moon's heavily meteor-scarred 'south pole' is at about the 8 o'clock position as observed about a half hour ago.

personally i think that the earth has begun some non-typical angle of rotation changes possibly due to approaching magnetic inversion of the poles as our solar system begins crossing the galactic plane. some folks have even noted the sun and moon have been rising/setting in not-as-predicted locations on the horizon? not sure if thats true but it would support the theory.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have live in Indy for 20+ yrs. I never remember seeing the moon with a horizontal waxing/waining line before. So my perception of view is the same. Why hasn't this been an issue before?
Is this normal?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
All this indicates is another aspect of people not understanding at all what's going on? What is the consensus regarding this?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
From what Ive seen tonight the moon has moved from the D shape to a U shape
It has turned upside down as the night goes threw, wierd

And has the moon gone further south, I remember it being above the california mountains as a child ???

Is the moon and earth changing axis/rotation + gravity?
Yup

p.s sorry if sum one posted sumthing like this, stupid lazy me

edit on 15-11-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: Change a little

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join