It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats wrong with the moon part 2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I will have to play closer attention to what the moon is doing. This is certainly weird. Maybe either the moon is shifting or we are. I think I must have noticed this without really knowing what was different. I did notice the moon looked strange.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings

Vague Notions:

Whatever happens, happens every 12000 years.
We as a race are a lot older than we can possibly imagine.
Earth is the Ark, we moved it before out of harm's way, we may need to move it again.
Tesla knew how to tap zero point energy, the connective force between us and the moon.
The moon is already moving into position, expecting us to turn the system on and divert whatever danger presents itself for 2012.

interesting.......................

maybe one day we will here of some specifics on these vague notions?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree the moon has been acting funny lately. Maybe it knows something we don't

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15e6bff83e15.jpg[/atsimg]

Or maybe it's just pissed because we tried to blow it up!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nothing unusal here.
This is what happens if you take a photo of the moon every night for a month.
Both the Earth and the moon wobble.
I also have a photo that I took myself in 2010 that shows the moon not as he claims it to be in 2010, as mentioned the Moon has a wobble it will be different all the time..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1317e21fd2c.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 14-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There is something in the pipeline rushing towards us...

What can it be ?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
There is something in the pipeline rushing towards us...

What can it be ?

Sewage?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thank you for this. I was looking at every picture of the moon I could find on google image and was seeing the same thing.

Nothing to see here...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

i hear what your saying..however the dark patches only move about 20 degrees ...the dark patches on the link are almost at the underside of the moon?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Because it comes down to perspective and where the photo's were taken on Earth, the Moon will look different in different locations. Plus you need to take the Earths tilt/wobble in to context as well.

www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk...

Frankly it could even be a shopped image he is using, I wouldn't put it past somebody who points a gun square in the viewers face. Some people have trouble working out which way to flip their moon pics as well. So not only has he got pictures of the moon at different phase of the wobble they are not taken from the same place and it's quite possible that they have been flipped wrong. I doubt he took the photos himself.
But to be honest, the way he has the moon represented for 2010 is not a factually honest representation as the moon wobbles, it is not like that all the time, it may get like that at one point depending on your location and then 2 weeks later it has moved again.
Seriously I look at the Moon as often as I can and I assure you there have been no changes at all to get concerned about.
As it has been mentioned before this Von Helton character has shown in the past not to be the most reliable source for pretty much anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
wow that pic of the moon above is really trippy... pretty cool

I had noticed the moon looked a little strange last night, but i also wear contacts and sometimes when they are dry, it can distort my vision when looking up at space, but i will have to look again tonight...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

You gotta admit, it would be the ultimate blackmail tool for the aliens, they can be like; "Hey humans, give us all of your gold and women or we'll move the moon away....." I think that might be a video game plot from back in the day, but hey it could happen.

According to Credo Mutwa this threat has already been made by the ""Chitauri""

Peace
edit on 14-11-2010 by Sanjaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

tbh i dont know if they were all shot from the same location, thats something i will ask, however there is always one side facing earth yes? or is that bull$hit?..im not sure but if the we always see the one side of the moon, then surely no matter where u are in the world we would all see the same side? and the black spots would remain in the same place?

i dunno...but i can ask where the pictures where shot.

thanks for the info

planetariumweb.madison.k12.wi.us...

Are the phases different in the northern and southern hemispheres?

Answer: The phase of the moon would appear the same no matter where you are on the planet Earth. If an observer in Florida sees a full moon tonight, and observer in Wisconsin will also see a full moon tonight. However, if you traveled from one hemisphere to the other you might notice a difference. Here in the northern hemisphere, we say that when you see a phase that looks like a half-circle, and it's Light on the Left side, it's Last Quarter. The "L's" make a nice mnemonic for keeping First Quarter and Last Quarter straight. So, when it's light on the right it's First Quarter. However, look at the illustration. An observer in the southern hemisphere (Argentina) would see the moon upside-down compared to the way we are accustomed to seeing it (USA). (See also question #15, #17, and our Crescent Moon Around the World page.)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Talking about the moon and it's weirdness , check this guy with a telescope video's:

I've made one about some strange stuff on the "Google Earth/Moon"

Peace
edit on 14-11-2010 by Sanjaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Interesting thread, star for you NWOnoworldorder. seems like someone has
been wanting to tell us these things for awhile now. Check out this link.

www.youtube.com...

Ok, I can imagine what people are going to saw "Not another cartoon".

That said, it is interesting if you look at what happens to the moon in the
background. Mind you this is an 80's cartoon, don't even know if planet X
or Niburu was even mainstream then?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

id say smokinjoetrainer is a reliable source...as per second link he has brought ot 3 videos pertaining to the moon today.....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

For the life of me, I cannot see the connection....1980s cartoon (when the current "nibiru" fad hadn't even begun, right??), the fallacy of said "nibiru", and the fallacy of "something" being "wrong" with the Moon?

Let's have everyone pull out their physics texts, OK? I'll wait........

NOW.....turn to the section about angular momentum. That is where we'll study, because the Moon has a great deal of momentum, from the inertia of its rotation about its axis. The orientation of the rotational direction about that axis CANNOT change without some extremely obvious effects, that have NOT been seen with the Moon.

What? "axis"? "orientation"?

Yes. It is called 'science'. If angular momentum makes your eyes glaze over, then try to think back to grade school days, when you first learned about gyroscopes, and the gyroscopic principle...(it's much the same thing).

Remember the term "precession"? Hope you do. But, just in case (because a video demonstration is better than words:

Now...the reason that bicycle wheel axis moves out of ONE plane of orientation is due to precession. IN that example, it is the force of Earth's gravity acting through where the central hub is being supported, on one end.

Note, in the video, tat the wheel's rotation about the axis..and the angle of the axis itself...doesn't change.

Then, in the diagrams they provide, they talk about a force, and the 90-degree effect. What this would mean, with the Moon, is IF it's axis orientation changed as suggested by VonHelton's videos, then the precession effects would mean that we'd start to see all sides of the Moon, as its angles changed dramatically.

What's more, with all of that mass, it would require ENORMOUS energy to actually cause the rotational axis to alter any significant amount.

What is seen, though, is the Moon merrily spinning on its axis, in the same orientation relative to everything else, as it orbits the Earth. What is changing is YOUR viewpoint, because YOU are not on the Equator of the Earth, nor at one of the poles. And the Earth's axis has a tilt (about 24 degrees off of its direction of motion on orbit about the Sun). As well, the Moon's physical path in orbit is inclined a certain amount, too. (This is called "orbital inclination").

The Moon's orbit is inclined 5.145396° with regard to the ecliptic (the plane in which the Earth's orbit around the Sun lies or, more precisely, the plane in which the centre of gravity of the Earth-Moon system [its barycentre] orbits the Sun), so as seen from the centre of the Earth the Moon drifts up and down slightly more than five degrees in the course of each orbit. The dark grey wedge shows the limits of the Moon's excursion above and below the plane of the ecliptic.

The Moon's orbital inclination, combined with the inclination of the Earth's axis of rotation, causes the Moon's declination, as observed from the Earth, to vary between ±28.5° when the Moon's inclination adds to that of the Earth, and ±18° when the two inclinations oppose one another; the maxima and minima of declination repeat every 18.6 years, the period in which the ascending node of the Moon's orbit precesses through a full circle."

aerial.evsc.virginia.edu...

Also:

The mean inclination of the lunar orbit to the ecliptic plane is 5.145°. The rotation axis of the Moon is also not perpendicular to its orbital plane, so the lunar equator is not in the plane of its orbit, but is inclined to it by a constant value of 6.688° (this is the obliquity). One might be tempted to think that as a result of the precession of the Moon's orbital plane, the angle between the lunar equator and the ecliptic would vary between the sum (11.833°) and difference (1.543°) of these two angles. However, as was discovered by Jacques Cassini in 1721, the rotation axis of the Moon precesses with the same rate as its orbital plane, but is 180° out of phase (see Cassini's Laws). Thus, although the rotation axis of the Moon is not fixed with respect to the stars, the angle between the ecliptic and the lunar equator is always 1.543°.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's complicated stuff....but, surely some chain-smoking hick from bumbles-ville middle America knows a lot more than thousands of professional astronomers and mathematicians and scientists, right??

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

however seems im NOT the only one that has noticed strange goings on with the moon, seems we have had some sort of shift which can be proved with this link here

I've noticed the moon looking odd lately too.

For instance, I've never seen it wax from crescent towards full from the *bottom up*, yet that is exactly what I saw last night. It always seemed to go from left/right or right/left if I remember correctly.

Also, I just checked a few websites showing current moon phase and they all show something like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02f2ce9ebb0c.gif[/atsimg]

But this is what my son & I saw last night:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfef751af8c8.gif[/atsimg]

Maybe it does that often and I just never noticed?

Hopefully some of our resident lunar and/or astronomy experts can chime in regarding that

I'll take a few pics tonight. It looked really beautiful last night.

Odd, but beautiful.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

From personal experience I can tell you the moon seems different depending on where you are in the world. Just search for moon images at different locations around the world. Like I said if it is all shot from same location then there's something to it if not well it has no legs.
Regards

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just put a search into google images for "full moon 2007" and there are pictures that show the moons position all over the place..
Feb 2007

June 2007

Sept 2007

Oct 2007

Dec 2007

Just a few, so I don't believe there is anything to worry about.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
It's complicated stuff....but, surely some chain-smoking hick from bumbles-ville middle America knows a lot more than thousands of professional astronomers and mathematicians and scientists, right??

I don't think its terribly complicated stuff!

Second the moon does not rotate on its axis. You will always see the same side(azimuth) of the moon regardless of where you are located. It is called gravitional lock! This by itself should ring the anomaly bell, let alone that "things" dropped on its surface appear to cause hollow vibration sounds.

It orbits the earth and changes in its orbit may be noticeable. The moon, despite its light mass, has at least 66% of earth's gravity...again another anomaly. That explains why astronauts did not literaly float while walking on the surface.

Oh and lets not forget about the hoageland artifacts discussed in "Nasa: Dark Mission" where nasa is willing to go to great lenghts to cover-up anything found..."project" airbrush anyone? NASA and many other space programs are controlled by think tanks dominated by masons and other secret societies so please don't give me the "professional" astronomers and matheticians baloney...

People need the truth and your NOT giving it to them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join