It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid Of Dying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

Want to get over your fear of death?

Try 4-aco-dmt. I think I can get away with that suggestion because it's unscheduled (i.e. not illegal).

28mg, today (why seeing this thread felt like synchronicity), out in the woods by myself with a blanket and some water bottles. Blew my mind. I wept for the fallen state of humanity and the part I have played in it. Discovered true compassion for man, for though I realized what evil creatures we are, it also became clear to me the role that suffering plays in what we do to each other. I felt like I could make a case before God to have pity on his fallen creatures who were supposed to be the caretakers of the world, who were supposed to "tend the garden" as it were, with love and care.

I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks they're ready to have the gods give you a swift kick in the balls and tell you just what they think of your high and mighty ideals, and show you your true place in the world.

After that experience, death is the last thing I'm worried about.

edit on 13-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
if you go, you go.

unless you can be brought back alive.

but slowly dying is another story.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Last post I promise.

Also, Jack, specifically relating to your situation, the time in my life that I began to fear death was at a point when everything was "coming together" for me. So, maybe your just at a point where things are going well. Youre enjoying life and realize you have something to lose.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2010 by theWolfInsideMe because: double post

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

Hi Diluted,

All Fear is really being afraid of a particular Feeling that you don't want to have. Many will argue this is incorrect, but if you search within yourself and note when you feel fear it will always be a Feeling you don't wish to experience.

Consider birth is the start point that contains death as its own end, and in between the two is the Dream of Life we think is what we are. But we are far from correct in our perspectives.

My work over many years has shown me that Awareness does survive the dropping away of our body at death. Not the mind, not the person you are now.. but You.. the greater awareness or Soul survives and is aware of its survival.

Many will disagree, but I tell you this from personal, direct experience dealing with the dead and taking them into the Light.. which is something I have done for many years.

Have No Fear. Live while you are Alive with no fears to hold you back from experiencing all you can be this lifetime.

It is better to truly Live when alive, than to live as if you are already dead.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

My curiosity of the afterlife far outweighs my fear of it

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am not the least bit afraid of dying or where I will end up when I do die.

In my opinion its a dumb thing to be afraid of. The cold hard fact is that you are going to die, there isn't any way around it. Why be afraid of something that will happen no matter what you do to try and avoid it?

I'm more worried about what will happen to my family when I die. Atleast I can do something to ensure that they will not do without money wise.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Everyone dies.

But not everyone lives life fully.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Really, really great response.....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am not afraid of death or dying.
I welcome it actually.
I do believe my afterlife to be far
greater an experience than my
current one, therefore I have no
fear of it. My trust and faith is in
my creator and his plan has already
been stated

So death is just a transition
in my eyes

But I do hope it is quick
so I do not have to suffer
in agony.
edit on 11/13/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

Death is nothing to fear. There is not eternal darkness awaiting you. No matter what religion you belong to or what race you are, you will be moving on after this life. Enlightenment awaits you. It is a fact that we are energy and energy never dies, it only transforms. Death means being reborn in a whole new light and a whole new existence and you should embraced it. this life is short and moves quickly so stop and soak it up. You will retain your knowledge from this. And you will see your loved ones again. There is a god. He's just not how man made religions depict him/her to be. Don't spend your life worrying about dyeing because when the time comes for you to die, you will have only learned the fear of death. Hence, you will have missed all of life's beautiful moments(even in these crappiest times).

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Earlier I thought about death and was absolutely terrified. When I think about it now I am unable to recreate the nausea, dizziness and despair that I felt then. For a short moment a door opened in my consciousness... But as I started to ponder consciousness and time and whether or not death is to be considered "The End", it closed. My mind is shutting down and getting ready for bed I believe.

I cannot fathom the "why" either. And perhaps "why" isn´t even the right question, but it´s the only one I am capable of posing. It´s that godawful primate brain that´s holding me back. If I am no more significant or "alive" than any other materia in the vast universe.. then the universe certainly had me fooled. So is our universe humorous?

edit on 13-11-2010 by Exodaria because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is no fear in death. It is just transition. Energy can never be destroyed Love really is all there is.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ive been morbid and obsessed with death since i was a kid. in 3rd grade they had the school psychiatrist talk to me because we had to write a poem about nature and i wrote about the grim reaper. i was really into the supernatural and religion from a young age. to me its the greatest unknown. the ultimate inevitable fate, a universal mystery to all. people have spent their entire lives dedicated to understanding and preparing for an afterlife.

i recently read about ancient mystery school beliefs about the afterlife. they believed me all spent 1/3rd our life in purgatory. then, to ascend, we need to rid ourselves of the base sinful desires that are in our flesh-memory. angels which we perceive to be demons strip the flesh from our bodies, freeing us of our sinful base desires, allowing us to ascend to a heavenly realm.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Its O.k to fear things.. its normal..its make fun...
I ask myself how long I want to be dead because I can't say when I die but I can say how long I would be dead if I don't live my Life with self-awareness and fun.. my whole Life or if you want..forever!!

From this viewpoint you begin to ask yourself what you really fear... if the dead is forever, what you fear? From this expanding Viewpoint you ask yourself when you want to join the Game,.

I know a lot People who are sorry about the past Life..and who are ashamed about the own wishes.. they Live in the own sorrow but not here. as Child I blink often into the Storm and the cold wind cut an edge in my face but I don't care.. For sure is the world cruel and brutal, sometimes its freeze my Blood... but its the salt of my life, the taste of freedom with all consequences. Maybe I'm the Devil himself, but Hell I'm good!

and I think its o,k.

And sorrow's are only for people who try to live forever.. because mourning does n't help to solve any problems... From this viewpoint is the dead my best friend.

edit on 14-11-2010 by thewarehouse because: failures

edit on 14-11-2010 by thewarehouse because: grammar nazis

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
delete double reply
edit on 14-11-2010 by thewarehouse because: double reply

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
"a coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero, but one"- shakespeare

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

I was going to post my thoughts on this, however I will post the link to a thread I started in the Religion, Faith, and Theology section the other day that is about what awaits us after death and the thoughts on this topic by me and some ATS members who have commented on the thread so far. Take a look through the thread and hopefully it will help you. Do not be afraid.

The link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
No one wants to die but life does come to a end & i hope we do go to a place where we can see our loved ones the went before us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join