It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visit To Abandoned Aslyum (With Pictures)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnixAddict

so the lights were off but there were still shadows, am i correct? i can clearly see shadows from lampposts and other objects. not to mention at least two people's shadows on the bottom left.

also, do you have colorized versions of these? and can you put up one of the black ones? just for show?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
good observation keenkid

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There isnt. that isn't on the same street. That light is coming from BEHIND the dead end. it isnt on the street we're on.

==========================================
This is the street behind the street we were on. It's seperated by a fence.
| | - This is the street the asylum is on.
| |

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There isnt. that isn't on the same street. That light is coming from BEHIND the dead end. it isnt on the street we're on.

This is the street behind the street we were on. It's seperated by a fence.
| | - This is the street the asylum is on.
| |

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
oh...i thought the entire block diddent have light or somthing

my bad

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

so the lights were off but there were still shadows, am i correct? i can clearly see shadows from lampposts and other objects. not to mention at least two people's shadows on the bottom left.

also, do you have colorized versions of these? and can you put up one of the black ones? just for show?

I didn't notice that.

And no I don't have colored pictures. It was my friends camera. We took them in black and white.

And why do I feel like I'm being attacked? I'm not making this up.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

It was my friends camera. We took them in black and white.

can you still put up one of the blacked out images, or get him/her to put them up? it would be greatly appreciated. and as for you being attacked? i'm not trying to, but i do reserve the right to be skeptical of anything and everything.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

okay, so you've explained the shadows from the people. good job. i'll buy that one to save argument. now explain the other shadows. for instance, the shadow that extends perpendicular across the sidewalk a few feet ahead of the picture taker. or perhaps the shadow of the pole cast by the light in the upper lefthand corner. you can clearly see that one extending at an angle onto the road.

Dude. I have no idea. That's why I'm posting this.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I didn't notice that.

And no I don't have colored pictures. It was my friends camera. We took them in black and white.

i just looked at the picture and it lookes like down the road theres some signs...lighted signs...

you know advertising signs, mcdonalds, arbys, ect...

so it kinda feels like its a main road

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It was my friends camera. We took them in black and white.

can you still put up one of the blacked out images, or get him/her to put them up? it would be greatly appreciated. and as for you being attacked? i'm not trying to, but i do reserve the right to be skeptical of anything and everything.

yeah. When my friend Sarah is online I'll ask her for it. If she didn't delete them. Give me like a day or two for that.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crispy

I didn't notice that.

i just looked at the picture and it lookes like down the road theres some signs...lighted signs...

I have no idea what you're talking about. lol. I don't see any signs like that. And there weren't any. Why would they put those by an asylum whether it was abandoned or not? Could you point them out to me because I will be super freaked if you can show me them. I guarentee you there werent any.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
yea ill post in a minute with them circled

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crispy

i thought that maybe those were headlights from other cars or something. advertising could be it too though.

yeah. When my friend Sarah is online I'll ask her for it. If she didn't delete them. Give me like a day or two for that.

will do. thanks. i'll keep my fingers crossed that they haven't been deleted.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

there ya go... since its in black in white it may not make since but no other explanastion since there crowded

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
oh. those are actually cars on the other street NEAR the dead end. The picture in the car was taken in the dead end. Then we drove off and parked and walked down the street towards the dead end where the streets were. So the only explanation I can say is that it's other cars maybe on the cross street by the dead end. That also might explain something about why the lights look like their on. Maybe we just took a picture at the exact right time of a car passing by and the headlights and flash did some weird by chance thing. but I dunno.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
if that were the case there would have to be a pimped out car with 3 headlights on bottom and 2 crappy cars strapped on top

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
*Shrugs* I don't know. I'm trying to make a reasonable explanation out of it. I really don't know. That's why I posted here.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

*Shrugs* I don't know. I'm trying to make a reasonable explanation out of it. I really don't know. That's why I posted here.

hey, don't be discouraged. ATS is kind of a rough place at first, but you'll get the hang of it and get used to people's standoffishness. besides, we're all actually pretty nice. well, almost all of us anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
yup good stuff at this site and great smart people

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I so enjoyed your pix and your story! No way I would be brave enough to go there like you did!
Thanks for giving me the vicarious thrill.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join