It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your ability?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Vanishing Sun - I think that's from hitting your head against the wall too much

Just kidding - I dunno - that's wierd...
I don't know if this classifies as an ability...but I am very good at looking at a person's style, facial structure/expressions, scars, and voice patterns for the first time and within a matter of seconds I almost instantly know where they stand on certain political issues, what their morals are and what they think of me, of course that doesn't work so much in a forum like this where identity can be disguised - this is a more face to face thing - I think some people are good with this naturally and others have to adapt their senses

Perhaps - and I'm not tryinf to be sexist - but maybe men are better at this...that could explain why so many girls I know fall for the same types of guys over and over again and I can see right through them the moment I meet them

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My best abilities would be:
Controling the weather (locally only, haven't tried bigger)
energy manipulation
empathy

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have some limited abitlity to predict things before they happen or in a way get the information before Iam told, kind of like I can read the subjects emotions/feelings/thoughts from a distance. The limited ability is that I seem to have to be very emotionaly attatched to the subject...like Family, Best Friend, Girl Friend.

Some times I just think that it is coincedence cause I know them so well, but when you start to repeat complete 15 word sentances of what you girlfriend will say when she gets out of the car of a wild driver to a group of her friends. And have her come up to the group and say the exact words and have the friends look at you like WTF? then you might understand. I then asked her after if she had thought about what she was going to say when she saw us about her drive, and she said that she had for about 15mins in the car.....well that seem to fit the situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I can slice a banana, without peeling it.
I can teach others to do this, if they don't know how.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this qualifies for an ability, but ever since last spring break I've been able to say the exact thing another person says at the exact time. I've also been able to tell when another person in't telling the truth about something, or covering something up. I'm liking it so far.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i dont know if this is a power but if i want something to happen i invision like smoke coming out of my ears and i get really tense and eventually it happens.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There are some things I can do naturally, inate abilities, and there are those I learned (or expanded on). But surely you don't want to know these things for personal reasons...

Since most of the things are natural to me, I don't know what others would call them, but here it goes, anyway...

Energy chameleon...

Absorb another's energy, or twist theirs around to make it work against them...

Energy probes (goes in hand with the chameleon aspect... change a portion of my energy to match another's... for some reason, psycic shields don't work against its own pattern...
)

Then there's the whole combat portion... you know, shields/blasts/attacks...

Dual life here, and astral realm. Seriously! There's this little portion I have, which others (people) can come to... soft pink (like at sunset)surroundings (no distinction between ground/air, no depth)... at the center of this realm are five towers, but never enter the closest one...

Naturally sensitive to outsiders/spirits/entities/whatever you may call them... I'm not a medium, but I can heighten "reception" in others, and other things related to this subject...

There's a great portion of memory I have that I can tap into in regards to magic or things arcane, but where this comes from, I have no idea. Collective past memories? Spiritual other? I gave up trying to find out, I just except it now...

What? You want more info? Sheesh!

Then there's the basics, like pendilums, ouija boards, tarot, astology, automatic writing, yadda yadda yadda...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Dual life here, and astral realm. Seriously! There's this little portion I have, which others (people) can come to... soft pink (like at sunset)surroundings (no distinction between ground/air, no depth)... at the center of this realm are five towers, but never enter the closest one...

Last night, July 5th, I had one of my astral visits... in the above quoted location. What makes this interesting is that the person who wished to see me said, "So, you are soothsayer", meaning the visitor was from this site... someone who read this, I am guessing...

And before anyone claims otherwise, no, it wasn't a dream (lucid or not)... there are distinctions between the two...

Just wanted to post this, to see who it was...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My ability? I dont know if its an "ability" but I can dream in black and white. This is quite an accomplishment to me because Ive read studies that theorize that in our dreams, we apply recognizable color to somewhat recognizable objects, tearing the dream into the left side of our brain so that we can analyze and understand it. Thats why sometimes the sky is green and the grass is blue, for example, because the left side of our brain cannot keep up with the REM dream. The first time I dreamt in black and white I remembered the entire dream, and once awoken I knew I had quit attempting to make sense of the dream and just let my creative juices work on their own. This isnt quite pshycic, persay, but its an ability to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
watching tv.

j/k...
i dont really think i have an ability, but i havent really been searching. I think that everyone has the ability...just our experiences make it stronger.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is gonna sound strange but me and my mum seem to be somewhat connected as in we will be thinking the same things or we will say things at the same time!!

I seem to do that when i get close to people

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My ability? Blinding sarcasm!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i think this is a really cool site, i have been browsing it for a while and i have been trying to find things like this.
well i am not sure if i have any powers. i like to think i do. i have come in contact with the other side (not by will). a lot of times i look out of the corner of my eye and i see someone there, but when i look again they're gone. for instance, i was in my room and took a side glance at my full size mirror and saw a man with red glowing eyes smiling at me, then he was gone. another time i was in my kitchen and i saw a man walk around the corner and he kinda swung around it, holding onto the wooden part of the walkway. it was so odd. i have also been lying in bed on my stomach when i felt someone grab my ankles and i moved backwards about two inches. (no one was home that evening). i live on an ancient Native American civilization residence area though, so i believe that it might have been one of them trying to get my attention.
i also levitated when i was really little. it sticks out in my mind for some reason. i remember wanting to fly, and all of a sudden i was watchng myself float into the air, and i could feel that i was lifted off the ground but it was as if i was someone else, watching it, like a soul. very cool experience. i wish i could do it again.
i have the "power" to make people feel better with words. i dont think you could call that a power, hence the "", but i can also sense when i am being looked at, when someone walks into the room, when someone is close by me, and i can sense different emotions in people.
another wierd thing is that i can sense when a tv is turned on. like i can sense the radio waves. kinda cool.
i also carry a constant electric charge. i will shock anything and anyone at any given time, and for no apparent reason. i do it so often that my family jokes that i'm half electricity or that i have electric powers. yeah it may sound stupid to anyone who thinks the whole "powers" thing is dumb, but i'm serious.
i also have dreams that literally come true, deja vu basically. i tend to evade accidents, which i heard one person mention in one of the forums. many people find me as intimidating, and a lot of people say they can see fire in my eyes, not that that really means much.
i often find that i share the same thoughts with people and my best friend and i think literally the same all the time. kind of wierd, but its cool.
i think thats really it. i wish i had some cool power like controlling fire, hehe, but i don't think thats a realistic one. maybe someone out there has that power.
Kell

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I feel I can do remote viewing . The target is not a clear picture ,but a random bunch of info. For instance, when Parker did his last test I saw a unicycle. Lots of spokes with long sticks. When I saw the pic of the building I was astounded
at how close I was.
Also feel I can sense energies and vibrations of other peoples emotions
in the room. The thing that I do best is healing through drawing and conducting energy and spilling it into someone by touch. This is a healing that makes the other persons body balanced and it heals itself. Mama don't do magic!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Let's see, hmm...
I have many gifts..some I can share at commonplace value, such as clairaudience, OOBE's, astral projection, past, present, future life reading, communicating with Spirit, clairsentience, telekinesis, empathy/telepathy, etc. the list goes on. All of these, I discovered at a very young age. I also have gifts I can't speak of, and secrets I can never share, even with my spouse. As an elder 'seidr', 'gythia', 'disir,' 'rynster,' or 'vitke' in my tradition, I've learned that one must balance your gifts, in a synergistic manner, in harmony with your universe around you. In plain English, learn when and how to use your gifts wisely and timely. Bring healing to others, when they come to u, asking for it, even if not verbally, if their Spirit calls you for it. Don't let them lay to waste,(as I have squandered some of my gifts in favor of others, and allowed skepticism, cloud my creativity in a manner.) Yes, you live and learn. Just for the record, yes, I am an authentic female shaman, practicing for over 25 years.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Hetha]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
well here is my stuff

i dream things that happen, 9/11 for example, documented as well.
i know when im going to bumb into or be visited by someone
i can usauly tell whos on the phone before i pick it up
i can sence spirit energy
i can draw of emotions i.e.....gain peoples moods and feel that mood
i can connect with spirit energy (images only) and tell others of it

ummm...i think thats it

wierd stuff

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i have precognitive dreams as well. they're highly vivid and always from the first person. i also remember almost every detail about them. usually the event i dream happens a month of so before it happens, but sometimes it happens a year or so ahead of the event.

Here I am the same, except that what I dream doesnt usually take a month to occur, I can often see soemthing when I am sleeping and it will happen within a few days say. At first I thought it was just a dream but today I can even still remember some precognitive dreams :S

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I can make some scratch the concrete, hang on the ceiling or bite the dust... :-D Nothing else. Oh, yes! I can see back in the past. Isn't it cool?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I got a couple abilities. The first one is that i can change my personality and speech patterns to someone elses to become like them when I want to. The second is that I follow people's trains of thought, like see in advance where they are going with their lecture, maybe cause I can read their minds? There are probably people with other more amzing abilities but i just thought I'd share.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I too agree that everyone has some sort of ability in this realm, however as for me I'd say my abilities are extreme empath I can almost become a clone of another person while I'm around them I laugh, talk, act like them feel their moods know almost what they're thinking except it's usually me saying I was thinking the exact same thing. I also have some dreams mainly about objects like if I'm missing something I can usually see it and when I find it it's the same shape or position as when I saw it. I have had some prediction dreams but i hope they weren't real predictions. I would love to get into Ap's but I'm not having much luck too much going on in my head I think.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join