It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members, I understand their are many weird things happening right now such as the random missile firings, Obama going to india, reports that moscow is building 5000 bomb shelters and the hadron collider, but I am here to talk to you about something that has been bothering me. We are in a time where our government is VERY secretive about any information about war, spending, and conspiracies. I think it's time that we should actually do something instead of just type on this website our beliefs about conspiracies and how corrupt our government is. If we gathered the masses, say 500,000 people in front of the white house, could they say no to us without their being negative repercussions. If we simply asked them to give us all the information about aliens and UFO's, could they refuse? Im not saying anything violent should come of this, but being assertive would be a plus. Im just wondering why their hasn't been a revolution since our country is 13.7 trillion dollars in debt and we the people are going to have to pay for it when our so called "leaders" are the ones to blame, and for many more reasons. I vote we revolt, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I vote it won't happen because everyone is to secure in their material "secure" world to notice their illusion of freedom is falling apart.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If chocolate is taken out of store shelves...expect to hear reports about random massacres throughout the country.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I believe it is brewing, has been for a while. As more and more people lose their homes and can't feed their kids, it will come. It will be very bloody and one of the worst things this country has ever seen. A violent revolution is the last thing anyone should ever want, but like I said, it will come someday.

I wrote a song about the people standing up and the president standing down this morning. I can't sing but I hope the words get out. If you are interested here is the link. The lyrics are in the comment section if you want to follow along.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Of course they can say No, but sometimes, just sometimes, they say Yes.

When Margaret Thatcher implemented the Poll Tax in England in the late 1980's, over 500,000 people demonstrated and rioted throughout western London. Over 20 years later, they still have the poll tax.

In France, just last month, millions of people took to the street to protest the Government raising the retirement age. What happened this week? Sarkosky signed it in to law.

In Iran, millions of people protested President Ahmennutjob's reelection, they took to the street for days. Did anything change? No. It got worse.

In China, hundreds on thousands of people demonstrated in Tianamen square 1989. Did anything change? No. It got worse.

In the 1960's, hundreds of thousands of people rallied on the National Mall against the war in Viet Nam. Did they pull out? Hell no.

In the 1960's, ONE woman refused to move on a bus, and Rosa Parks started a national wave that forced change for the better for millions of Americans. BTW, I am white, this was a very positive change that was created by ONE person's bravery.

It's often NOT the protests of "hundreds of thousands of people" that make a difference. Sometimes it just takes ONE to make a huge difference. What are YOU brave enough to do to start a national movement?
edit on 11-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
people are trained to care for iphones and new video games...

also very important are some soap series...they have no time for revolting

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog

You forgot the most important things in people's lives. Reality Shows.

The American people are way too lethargic to care about things like this to ever want to make a difference, until it is too late. They have been brainwashed by corporate advertising and the "must have" consumer society.

must have ... iPad
must have ... Call of Duty 4
must have ... iPhone
must have ... only slightly newer iPhone

The other day, a bunch of us were at an office meeting on the day that our Provincial Premier (like a US Governor) quit very unexpectedly. We were all talking about it at the table (about 10 of us). One of the girls came in, and said "oh jeez, how can you all possibly be talking about politics?".

People have been conditioned to think that politics are boring and that finance is complicated. That way, they completely ignore Politics and Finance and the politicians and bankers get away with whatever they like.
edit on 11-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
I believe it is brewing, has been for a while. As more and more people lose their homes and can't feed their kids, it will come. It will be very bloody and one of the worst things this country has ever seen. A violent revolution is the last thing anyone should ever want, but like I said, it will come someday.

I wrote a song about the people standing up and the president standing down this morning. I can't sing but I hope the words get out. If you are interested here is the link. The lyrics are in the comment section if you want to follow along.

www.youtube.com...

Thank you, and yes I want to start a revolution but I dont want their to be any bloodshed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

To tell you the truth I am all for it so whenever you start marching into DC please stop by southeast Georgia and pick me up.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATScory

www.youtube.com...

Thank you, and yes I want to start a revolution but I dont want their to be any bloodshed.

Usually revolution and bloodshed are mutually exclusive. It's almost impossible to have revolution without bloodshed. I wish you luck.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
While yes its true people will occasionally protest here in the states it is really not in the cards for a major violent revolution to occur here in my opinion. Yes we have the right to bear arms, and yes there are certian types out there hording there fair share of weapons and munition, when push comes to shove , again this is my opinion, Most americans realize that the old addage "Who ever fires the first shot loses" would prove true in this stickiest of situations.

If the military were too March into neighborhoods declaring marshall law for no real reason then I suppose I would see no other choice but to try and defend my family,

But I do not foresee that happening.

Too many of our brave soldiers who have been forced to wage wars on foriegn soil that they did not start would not stand for the outright occupation of there families land.

So Again , In MY Opinion, this sort of drastic recourse could not end well for either side, the breaking down of our union would only help solidify the strangle hold of outside influences, as they supply the logistics/material that we would need for our states to function independantly , and the ensuing looting/violence would onlycreate more chaos to use as a tool to manipulate.

I would rather see a more creative and peaceful approach at least tried before resorting to the
"ima git my gun" mentality that has gotten us where we are.

Do I have a solution?

Nope I really wish I did but I dont..

Do I think revolution is the solution?

Not a violent one, no . And promoting the idea, AGAIN, in my opinion ,is Wrong

You asked a question I tried to answer it honestly, I in no way mean to offend anyone else with my ideas and or ideals

Respectfully,

~meathead

edit on 11-11-2010 by Mike Stivic because: syntax

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
While yes its true people will occasionally protest here in the states it is really not in the cards for a major violent revolution to occur here in my opinion. Yes we have the right to bear arms, and yes there are certian types out there hording there fair share of weapons and munition, when push comes to shove , again this is my opinion, Most americans realize that the old addage "Who ever fires the first shot loses" would prove true in this stickiest of situations.

If the military were too March into neighborhoods declaring marshall law for no real reason then I suppose I would see no other choice but to try and defend my family,

But I do not foresee that happening.

Too many of our brave soldiers who have been forced to wage wars on foriegn soil that they did not start would not stand for the outright occupation of there families land.

So Again , In MY Opinion, this sort of drastic recourse could not end well for either side, the breaking down of our union would only help solidify the strangle hold of outside influences, as they supply the logistics/material that we would need for our states to function independantly , and the ensuing looting/violence would onlycreate more chaos to use as a tool to manipulate.

I would rather see a more creative and peaceful approach at least tried before resorting to the
"ima git my gun" mentality that has gotten us where we are.

Do I have a solution?

Nope I really wish I did but I dont..

Do I think revolution is the solution?

Not a violent one, no . And promoting the idea, AGAIN, in my opinion ,is Wrong

You asked a question I tried to answer it honestly, I in no way mean to offend anyone else with my ideas and or ideals

Respectfully,

~meathead

edit on 11-11-2010 by Mike Stivic because: syntax

No one here is promoting a violent revolution. I just dont want to see our freedom go down in flames. Thank you for your post though.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A lot of the people who would revolt only just recently found the time to think about things,and realize there is something amiss.

Until recently,a lot of people who were working are now laid off,and realize something isn't right.

Now that they have the time to think about it,they have no money,because they have no job.

And those who have jobs are too afraid of losing them to go out and demonstrate.

Who would we aim our angst at anyway?,the ones causing the problems aren't all in the government:although they are partially responsible...

Maybe the economy is being purposely driven down to make it more difficult for the people to be able to afford to speak up,to take a stand.

I really wouldn't know what to do anyway,I only see a lot of people lashing out at each other randomly every day,and if a revolt broke out,they would just have an excuse to kill one another.

I will wait for the second uprising,that way the idiots who have no idea what to do with anarchy will have eliminated themselves already.

The only way a revolt can be successful is to hit them where it hurts anyway,that would mean we would have to strike,en mass,nationwide,for an extended period of time.

Oh yeah,and realize insurance isn't going to save our asses for doing so.

Chickens,....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
patience grasshopper. Remember that the British invaded America, not the other way around. True, the secret government attacked America during 9/11, and the revolt has started via the 9/11 truth movement. The government once again assaulted peaceful protests during the G20 with the help of agent provocateurs, and the establishment media can no longer ignore the fact that the federal reserve has a massive amount of power. So there isn't armed insurrection on the streets of America, why not? Maybe because people are afraid, the public is still too divided, the guy who fires the first shot will be called a crazy person. Unfortunately peaceful protests is all we have right now, fortunately we are doing so in mass numbers. I've always been of the philosophy that insanity will destroy itself. I'm not going to go out and do anything violent, why should I? I take other measures to fight the system, like for instance I don't work. No pay = nothing to tax. The revolution is alive and well, it's just harder to see. We live in the age of information, not bullets. Video cameras are more deadly than a gun. Police have bullet proof vests, but they are not video-proof. True, the sherrifs are all paid off and promote officers who taser old ladies, and the next day the alternative news plants their face on the front page. You think that has no effect on them? These people may be stupid but they at least know enough to stay out of the spotlight. Just think about these police officers that taze old people and then get promoted, and also become infamous for their activity. I'm sure they aren't sleeping well at night. Then you have the soldiers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan that are committing suicide, so the morale of the army is falling apart. What need is there for armed insurrection when the system is collapsing on its own?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

No one here is promoting a violent revolution. I just dont want to see our freedom go down in flames.

I my friend also would not like to see our freedoms go down in flames.

I am just asking what sort of non violent revolution would you like to see take place? because what you described in your OP sounds alot more like a protest then a revolution.

Thank you for your post though.

thank you for your reply

~meathead

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know, we'd all love to see your plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know, we're all doing what we can

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I vote it won't happen because everyone is to secure in their material "secure" world to notice their illusion of freedom is falling apart.

You have not noticed? The material world is no longer secure.

Americans will revolt when threatened with our livelihood.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

Who would we aim our angst at anyway?,the ones causing the problems aren't all in the government:although they are partially responsible...

Hackers can find out where the string pullers live. Its not hard anyway its those big mansions ya know.

You go there with your .30-06. All too easy....

Why would you go after the Government?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I definitely agree with you on this. It will come and I believe it needs to come.

I also liked the song that you wrote, it has a good message in the lyrics. I doubt though that he will step down. However I especially liked that his slogan of change was used in the song.

edit on 11/12/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog

It's when people loose their internet because they cannot afford it any longer, or to buy new games, or their HD tv...

That's when we will see protests .. the rest of us are to busy clinging onto our jobs and our homes to protest..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join