It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Building 5000 Underground Shelters by 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
well that's kinda funny you still haven't shown a real source or countered any thing this isn't a debate its sad.. and one sided only six pages after all this time? lol.. I think I can say debunked lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Thanks for supporting my previous post magestyk7.

The links you provided damned the video which claims that Einstein came up with pole shifts. His letters to Hapgood show that he did not come up with the idea - Hapgood did. Good find to support point (6) I made.

The third link you provide supports point (5) that the magnetic field of the Earth is caused by flows in the core. Surface events such as crustal movements due to plate movements do not change the orientation of the poles.

The second link supports point (7). It also mentions Edgar Cayce and his failed claims for a cataclysm in 2000-2001. If you continue to the second page on that link you see that the link supports my statement that a pole shift is not the same as a magnetic reversal. Notice that the dates for the ideas of a pole shift precede the 1960s. These ideas are from the time period before plate tectonics was developed as a scientific theory.

I didn't bother to view the video. Did not have the time.

But outside of watching a video I saw that the material you linked clearly supports my position that the earlier video you linked to about pole shifts was a heap of falsehoods and misrepresentations.

I'm sorry to disrupt your thread ...

Please read the agreement you made with ATS. They are the sole owners of the threads.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I agree.

I too admire the Russians for looking out for and being upfront with their people.

At least they are actually doing something for themselves, even if it is a 'just in case' move. If the worst happens, they'll at the very least will have some protection...unless the 'event' is a 3 mile high mega tsunami...then the underground bunkers will become watery tombs.

Better to build bunkers high in the mountains, that way if a mega flood happens, the bunker may protect the occupants long enough for the water to subside..maybe.

Mind you, even if they were half way up a mountain, wouldn't the sudden change in pressure due to thousands of tonnes of water over the bunkers kill them anyway?

The pressure of lots of flood water would be the same as being on the seabed wouldn't it? Without the correct pressure inside the bunker, it would probably crush flat under the weight.

But, even so, at least they are making an effort to protect their people, Britain on the other hand, does a lot to protect the government and 'important' people, the actual people are going to be left to fend for themselves with no information, no preparation time, no warning.

Charming.

The 'evil empire' cares about it's people more than Britain does...perfect.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

So where is all of the dirt? This was written by someone that thinks when you mine there is no debris to deal with.

Since this is about the fourth time you've asked, and frankly i'm getting pissed off at your repetitive posts that are bordering on trolling, i'll answer;

Common sense and your oft quoted 'grip on reality' should have given you an answer...but..

1) Dig out the earth to whatever depth you wish to make the bunker, in this case, 10-15 meters.

2) Build your bunker in the hole that was excavated.

3) Dump and compact the earth back on top of the bunker.

4) Marvel at the fact that you now have a bunker, effectively now under 20-30 meters of compacted earth, and experience a dichotomy of emotion following the realization that the solution to disposing of the earth was SO simple, and at the same time, you now have a lot more earth between you and what you are defending against!

No mountains built of waste earth required.

And for the record, continually asking the same questions only to continually reject or mock the answers you are given is tantamount to trolling. If you don't like the answers certain members are supplying you with, repeatedly asking the same member the same questions is not a smart way to proceed is it?

You don't agree with the findings or hypothesis of members or the OP? Absolutely, 100%, cast iron FINE, but to harass and badger them is because you don't agree is NOT fine...frankly, i'm getting sick of reading your repeated points...if a point made once is not enough, your point probably isn't convincing or strong enough..repeating it over and over will not make it any more convincing than it was the first time around.

Thanks OP, great thread and very interesting to think about.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

And for the record, continually asking the same questions only to continually reject or mock the answers you are given is tantamount to trolling. If you don't like the answers certain members are supplying you with, repeatedly asking the same member the same questions is not a smart way to proceed is it?

I believe you are the first person to address this issue. So please don't be so patronizing.

I like your answer because now there is a simple means of testing whether or not the constructions are happening. There should be a sizable collection of dirt piles in the city as long as there is available space at the construction sites to place the dirt. These piles are likely to exceed by far 30m in height. Spotting thousands of piles 30m, maybe even 50m in height around the city should be easy were they being built now. But as the video states they are not, and that is why the city of Moscow is not flush with hurried constructions of bunkers as the OP claims despite the statements made in the video.

You don't agree with the findings or hypothesis of members or the OP?

This is a straw man argument. This is not the situation. You would know that if you had read the posts. I assume that you did not since you are so far off the mark. It is not a matter of disagreement, but rather that certain people posting in this thread have purposely misrepresented the information. It's not a matter of disagreement. It is a matter of pointing out lies.

frankly, i'm getting sick of reading your repeated points

Frankly, I get sick of the repeated lies.

This thread is a typical in that the OP is an out and out lie. In case you did not read the OP I have the lie posted here.

A video/news report that Russia is building 5000 more bomb shelters in Moscow.
This will be done on a hurried time frame by 2012.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Placing a bunker anywhere on a mountain makes for a rather useless bunker. First, where is any sizable mountain near Moscow? How long would it take the population to get to the bunker? Weather issues could prevent access. Placing bunkers in out of the way places means that unless there is adequate transportation to the bunkers, then they are useless. Do you think that Russia should build and maintain a mass transit system that goes to a place not being used?

A change in pressure is only an issue if the bunker cannot be sealed.

Your suggestion that one government cares more about its people than another is opinion not based on anything you posted.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Until I started reading musings about a possible "pole shift" in our near future, I didn't realise there were TWO DIFFERENT types of "poles", i.e. Magnetic & Geographic.

I read a lot of confusion, here & elsewhere on the Net, about the north/south "poles".

So I thought a short overview would be helpful.

Earth's N/S Magnetic Poles - are the two points where the lines of force of the magnetic field are vertical . . . the magnetic field is mostly caused by electric currents in the liquid outer core . . . these poles are not stationary, they actually WANDER . . . sometimes they even change places with each other completely, which is referred to as a pole FLIP (not a "shift" as in a "pole shift" we hear so much about, which involves the geographic poles instead).

Earth's N/S Geographic Poles - are FIXED by the AXIS of Earth's rotation . . . these poles do NOT flip like magnetic poles can do . . . but they can MOVE as a result of a CRUSTAL SHIFT, which is when the Earth's crust actually, physically moves over the surface of the earth . . . THIS is what is being referred to when one reads about a POLE SHIFT.

The following external text can be found on This Page of the New (Free) Site Search Engine Called "JRank".

The "Read More" link at the end of the clip leads to the same page.

For further reference you can also read NASA'S Article On Earth's "Magnetic" Poles . . . I couldn't find one on geographic poles in my search on their site though . . . sorry!

Earth's geographic poles are fixed by the axis of Earth's rotation. On maps, the north and south geographic poles are located at the congruence of lines of longitude. Earth's geographic poles and magnetic poles are not located in the same place – in fact they are hundreds of miles apart. As are all points on Earth, the northern magnetic pole is south of the northern geographic pole (located on the polar ice cap) and is presently located near Bathurst Island in northern Canada (approximately 1,000 miles (1,600 km) from the geographic North Pole. The southern magnetic pole is displaced hundreds of miles away from the southern geographic pole on the Antarctic continent.

Although fixed by the axis of rotation, the geographic poles undergo slight wobble-like displacements in a circular pattern that shift the poles approximately six meters per year. Located on shifting polar ice, the North Pole (geographic pole) is technically defined as that point 90° N latitude, 0° longitude (although, because all longitude lines converge at the poles, any value of longitude can be substituted to indicate the same geographic point. The South Pole (geographic pole) is technically defined as that point 90° S latitude, 0° longitude. Early explorers used sextants and took celestial readings to determine the geographic poles. Modern explorers reply on GPS coordinates to accurately determine the location of the geographic poles.

Earth's magnetic field shifts over time, eventually completely reversing its polarity. There is evidence in magnetic mineral orientation that, during the past 10–15 million years, reversals have occurred as frequently as every quarter million years. Although Earth's magnetic field is subject to constant change (periods of strengthening and weakening) and the last magnetic reversal occurred approximately 750,000 years ago, geophysicists assert that the next reversal will not come within the next few thousand years. The present alignment means that at the northern magnetic pole, a dip compass (a compass with a vertical swinging needle) points straight down. At the southern magnetic pole, the dip compass needle would point straight up or away from the southern magnetic pole.

Read more: Geographic and Magnetic Poles - Earth, Longitude, Located, Northern, Compass, and Southern science.jrank.org...

edit on 17-11-2010 by Maiden PEI because: For Clarification

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
NOVA also covered part of it too.

www.pbs.org...
www.pbs.org...
heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

As for you Stereologist,
You know I finally figure you out. You like to post alot not because you like attention or like to have the last word. No Sir! It's because deep-down you beleive in all of this.
You counterpost everybody on every page and half this thread is all you, BUT the reason is because you want people to help you understand. The chaos is coming and you not seeing every clue in front of you.
The good thing is people have taken the time to help you out, brother.

If you never took the time to see the National Geographic videos.
No problem I'll summarize it for you. Researchers and Scientist say you wrong. It happened before, it will happen again.

BUT it's O.K. to be wrong.
You should start buying bags of rice and can foods. When SHTF you want to be ready(just like us), not panicking like most people with their heads cut-off because they didnt though it was possible.
It's better to be wrong but ready, than wrong and unprepared.

It took 7 pages to understand, but we got-cha.

edit on 17-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Wow. Not only couldn't you report the contents of the video right, but you are completely wrong in this post as well.

Researchers and Scientist say you wrong. It happened before, it will happen again.

TPWs or pole shifts have occurred as I have stated. There is no indication of one coming in the future. The reason for the previous TPWs is not well understood. Maloof is still looking into the issue.

It's amazing how you can be so wrong. It's rather difficult to believe that you got this all wrong without purposely being wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

Very nice post Maiden PEI. I hope people learn from your post.

Your post was chock full of good information. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thank-you, kind Sir, your appreciation is much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't see how he is wrong.. he gives you links you link to known bull but you still haven't provided a Real news source.. not you tube.. msn nbc fox hell how about a russian one?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
double.. double..
edit on 18-11-2010 by Reaper2137 because: the borg got it...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Good news everyone!
There's a nice thread about Pole Shift/Planet X. If interested head over there.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The best part is Stereologistis, is not Trolling that one.
A nice good healthy debate is going on there.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
you mean that if you one that if you checked was debunked much the same way this thread was? and is being called to go into the hoax forum now? still waiting on a creditable new link for your story besides you tube lol..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Wow, seriously? A simple tool like google goes a long way my friend.
BUT here you go, no youtube.

www.netnewspublisher.com...
blog.2012pro.com...
worldendsin2012.com...
______beforeitsnews/story/261/681/Russians_to_Rapidly_Build_5000_Bomb_Shelters_in_Moscow_by_2012.html
endoftheamericandream.com...

The list goes on.......

Anyway I lied...... here is one youtube

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That's great you found a company that is raking in the cash from nut cases that have been duped by the 2012 hoax. Great find. I knew that the hoax caleld 2012 was filling more pockets that the authors of ridiculous books on the subject.

I didn't make the effort to find out the size of the swindle, but it is large. It seems to be a single company which means it is hardly a conspiracy to swindle. It's just a simple swindle.

Great find on the beforeitsnews site. Seems that author got the story as wrong as you did. The bumbling misrepresentation you linked to was written the day after you messed up the OP and misrepresented the same video. I guess this just supports the claims of those that say the US educational system is spiraling downward.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I got him links and more proof.
Very nice of you to switch and BS your reply.

Calling them nut cases. I call then 'well prepare' just in case SHTF.
No different from the 'Cold War' or living in 'Tornado Alley'.
Is better to have a bunker and not needing it, than need it and not having it.
Also I dont see a problem if people have the money to spend it on a bunker for their family safety.

Lastly if the demand for bunkers is there, Again I dont see a problem.
It's putting AMERICAN WORKERS to work and are doing what they do best.
They been doing it for decades, they are not putting a guns to peoples head(nut cases like you call them).

To return the favor. Your post is Pathetic.
People like you are going to be on the streets panicking, rioting and looking for food/shelter.
Goodluck.

edit on 19-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
lol.. alright only took me six pages to get an answer I'll give you credit I ask for the source and next time as op its your job to give the links not mine lol.. I own my own shelter.. amazing what you can by from the goberment when there selling it off lol.. I saw two pages of the same company and they kind of contradict them selves saying that the same company is building bot 5000 shelters both in the united states and russia also it said that they were two different companys with the same name lol..

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

No different from the 'Cold War' or living in 'Tornado Alley'.

The old misrepresentation game continues. Being prepared for the hoax called 2012 is silly. Being prepared for tornadoes that actually happen dozens and dozens of times a year is sensible. Int he case of the Cold War the Soviet Union had made it clear that nukes were pointed at the US. That is why the U2 flights were made over the Soviet Union. We wanted to verify the claims of the number of warheads pointed our way.

You have not apologized to everyone for telling a falsehood in the OP and repeating that falsehood a number of times. Are you going to apologize for not telling the truth about the contents of the video you posted?
edit on 20-11-2010 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join