It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Building 5000 Underground Shelters by 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerridwen

That is why I asked a question. I did not want to twist your words. Rather I wanted to find out why the completion of anything in 2012 is of such speculation.

Are you trying to say that your question was meaningless? Was it filler? What was the purpose in asking the question in the manner you did?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Tykonos that is the first above average statement in this thread and I think its brilliant.

That's a really brilliant idea - large volume shallow depth bunkers to toss the dead and prevent whatever.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Super Efficient Crew Builds 15-Story Chinese Hotel In Just SIX DAYS

hmm modern technology is amazing.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Originally posted by magestyk7
reply to post by Maiden PEI

I posted a link earlier to Drunvalo Melchizedek videos.
Dont really know how to post them like you did. Thank for posting.

You're welcome!

Sorry, but I must have missed your link!

Oh well, it gives me the chance to tell you how to imbed a video:

1) Copy only the last part of the link of your YouTube video from after the 1st " = " sign.

2) As is shown in this link in red: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwz7hMgjX0g&feature=fvsr.

3) Back on the ATS reply page, click the "Vid: YouTube" button at the top.

4) Paste the video number (the part of the link you just copied) in the space that pops up.

5) Click OK & your video will be embedded!

6) If you can't see the new text, it is likely up at the very beginning of your message . . . just cut & paste it to where you want it to show up.

Let me know how this works for you!

edit on 14-11-2010 by Maiden PEI because: Formatting

edit on 14-11-2010 by Maiden PEI because: To correct spelling.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Well said, but saddly trying to speculate or have theories is not fun when you have someone in here behaving like this.

reply to post by quest4info

I see what you did there. lol
Nicely done sir.
Guess building 5000 bunkers by 2012 is no problem, if they can finish a building in 6 days.

It's great that you posted the videos the way you did. If people are curious/interested they will watch it.
Tried to post a video the way you said. Not sure if came up.
Thanks for the tip.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
were is the original story? I tryed to google it but all it comes up with are forums and forums and not one that is legit as in a major news outlet.. not trying to put down just trying to see were this started from so I can read it.. so if there is a good link let me know thanks guys and good luck

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well like the saying goes "when there's a will, there's a way"

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

That is why I asked a question. I did not want to twist your words. Rather I wanted to find out why the completion of anything in 2012 is of such speculation.

Are you trying to say that your question was meaningless? Was it filler? What was the purpose in asking the question in the manner you did?

When you asked, you already had an assumption. This wouldn't have happened had you just let my question slipped away without trying to dissect it and posted your answers which did not even answer my question - that was not even directed at you.

On a side note, whether my question was meaningless, a filler or has no purpose at all, it doesn't matter to anyone but me and therefore, I am not answerable to anyone but myself. I politely ask you to please stop analyzing my post under the microscope so that I can continue to post in this thread PEACEFULLY, without having to clarify on 'what was my question all about'.

Learn when to hold, and when to let go. What you are doing right now is questioning EACH POST as if you are not satisfied if they don't share your belief or accept your answers. Give us some freedom to speak what we want to speak without having you tailgate each of our post. It's truly bothersome.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

So the upshot of all of this is that your post was meaningless. I believe you. It certainly lacked content.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

And what does this have to do with 2012 or this thread? It certainly doesn't suggest anything about the contents of the video where it makes it explicitly clear that no construction is going to happen for 2 years.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

That's the first thing I noticed about this story. It appears to be nothing more than a story spammed around the internet. I was going to mention this earlier, but I figured that would be seen as something ridiculous to comment on. Then I thought - let's post this tidbit, but before I could people were already off the deep end about the video and misrepresenting what was in the video.

I was so taken with this inability to comprehend a 2 to 3 minute video that I forgot to post that there seemed to be no large scale media interest.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's great that you posted the videos the way you did. If people are curious/interested they will watch it. Tried to post a video the way you said. Not sure if came up. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome . . . I see it worked for you!

Another Tip: When you are composing a reply, click the "preview" button at the bottom of the box & underneath that, you will be able to see how your reply will show up . . . including any video you have embedded . . . if it shows up but without a picture, it means part of the video code you posted is missing/wrong . . . just go back & correct it & it will then show up properly.

Have fun!
edit on 14-11-2010 by Maiden PEI because: Spelling & Formatting

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Simply to show how quickly a large project can be accomplished.
And although the video does not state these will be completed by 2012, do you really think Russian engineers need 2 years to figure out how to build underground shelters?? like they've never built them before! Sometimes we need to read between the lines. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I think the time in planning is to figure out the locations and as they explained in the video a means of streamlining the work. There was a mention of a 15% reduction in some resource at the end of the video. I don't recall if it was time or money. Locating 5000 bunkers well can't be an easy task. You have to consider where people are and how they can reach the bunkers. You have to consider what is located there now and what will be located in the area in the future. I have no idea what is below Moscow. Is it soil or bedrock? You also need to avoid areas that can be prone to disasters such as areas that flood or areas near petrochemical plants. Wouldn't that be a mess if you could reach the shelters if they were too close to plant spitting out lethal fumes? I think it's a complicated problem that can't be properly sorted out in a few days or even a few months. The video suggested that these bunkers were for long range planning, such as bomb shelters.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Agreed - huge undertaking
Agreed - will take time to figure out best placements

Theory - this is not a new project and is probably well underway, in secret, until now because some reporter was about to blow it wide open and the gov has created a logical calm approach as to not create public panic and a means to justify spending, thus countering any conspiracy reports.

Maybe this is meant as a warning to the people within countries that are not telling the truth? Either way, considering this information, Norway politician's letter about their bases, Switzerland's bunkers to protect all its citizens, seed bank, everyone's building underground shelters and we are left confused trying to figure out why.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think they are building for a new cold war between the u.s and china the words are on the wall.. with the recent cyber attacks by china they would do things that russia never would they know whats coming.. they are protecting their ass lol.. play fallout they know whats coming?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The problem with the theory is: where are the trucks? This is a project like the Big Dig in Boston, Massachusetts. The constant rumble of trucks hauling dirt is going to be noticed even if people are unaware of the huge amount of materials being trucked to these sites. An above ground construction project does have the materials being brought to the site. But an underground effort requires all of the material to be moved out of the way.

If these bunkers protect 20 million people, then on average each bunker protects 4000 people. That makes each bunker nontrivial in size. You'll end up with a volume of dirt to move that is big. Think of a building that can hold 4000 people for some length of time. There has to be room for people and toilets and ventilation and all of that. You've got that volume of dirt coming out of the ground. Where does it go? Are people seeing that amount of dirt piled up in 5000 places in the city or is it being moved out of the city?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by remrem

Well I found part of the History Channel video that explains the Pole Shift.
This could be one of the reason a few people speculated why the Russians are building the bunkers by 2012.
Sadly I cant remember the name of this episode.
Anyway seems that the person who made the video use that part.

Still trying to find the National Geographic version.
edit on 16-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

This is another one of those so-called documentaries from the History channel.
1. There are no Mayan prophecies associated with the end of the long count calendar.
2. The exact alignment happened in 1998.
3. The claim that magnetic fields spin in opposite directions when crossing the equator is false.
4. The pathetic video even describes pole shifts incorrectly in that it says the mantle shifts and then the video shows the crust shifting.
5. It also claims that this changes the orientation of the magnetic poles. False, the magnetic poles are due to the outer liquid core.
6. Then it claims Einstein suggested pole shifts. False, it was Hapgood.
7. Yes they got the event right from 800Ma. No, the paper is explicit that the event transpired over millions of years.

The event from 800Ma differences from the view of the Earth shown in this pathetic excuse for a video. There was a huge difference in the look of the Earth and I am not talking about the fact that these wackos used a modern continental arrangement in their video. That alone was as ridiculous as the rest of the claims.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry to disrupt your thread and continuous postings, stereologist.

Just FYI This fake stuff is not for you, just for nutty people who are interested.
Hey guys found one of the videos from National Geographic. A friend pointed me to the right website ;p
Click on the Video section of the 1st link.
channel.nationalgeographic.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Einstein Letter

Possible 2012 outcome
One of a few reasons why the Russian went ahead and started preparing/building 5000 bunkers by 2012.

~Later Everyone
edit on 16-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join