It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children should be protected from bigoted Christian foster parents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Considering the way you reacted, I'd say that you had a bad personal experience with a Christian/church. From your avatar, I'd say that some part of you is fun-loving and great to be around. I'm sorry you were hurt by whatever bible-thumping idiot that made you feel this way towards us.

Some of us really do try to love people like Jesus did.

As far as what I think of you for not accepting Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that. The only difference between us is that my sin is forgiven. I've probably done some worse things than you. Everyone struggles and fails to be all they aspire to be.

We're all just human.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

My times as a Christian was more complexed. Not necessary a Bible thumper upset me. It was how I felt small and used as a Christian. Going to numerous Churches seeing how they were more of a get to gather then anything. :/

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Why else was he killed, really?
Really?
To save or souls!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Well I believe different. Jesus death to me is invalid now compared to when I had faith as a Christian. So now I can never accept Jesus death as salvation.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

*sigh* And now that I have returned home from my crappy job... allow me to clarify something here.

Why don't you ask jesus for a better job if the one you have is so crappy, anything you ask and all that.

Jesus is NOT saying to HATE your family. The Greek to English here is a little iffy. "Hate" here means to not put first in their lives. So, if a new Christian was (I'm using this as an example because I know it happens there) converted over in the Muslim majority Middle East, his or her family was all Muslim and were threatening to literally put that new Christian out of the family for no longer believing in Allah, that Christian is required to love Jesus more than his earthly family. Simply put, the verse should say,

Kind of a very good reason to edit the bibles once again don't you think ? Why not take this up instead of your crappy job I mean after all if the word Hate does not actually mean Hate better get it changed (along with anything else that doesn't mean what it says) before any more young minds get poisoned by the drivel.

Whoever comes to me and loves his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, even life itself MORE than me, cannot be my disciple.

Wow not much to ask a young man eh ? To love another man who he's never met, is invisible, lives in the sky and his only knowledge of this man he is supposed to love more than he would love girl, comes from a book which you clearly point out is in error or other people who have read the erroneous book.!!

This is just begging to be classified as homosexual cultism. !

Also, back when He was on earth

Do I take it when he was on earth in the guise of Jesus not when he was on earth in the guise of yahweh ?

people traveled around with Him. It wasn't JUST the twelve. All of those people were considered His disciples and there were a few cases where He would come up to someone, tell them to follow Him, the person would reply, "Let me kiss my father goodbye" or something like that and Jesus would refuse. He wanted that person RIGHT THEN. It could also be referring to that.

COULD ??? You mean you don't know ? And this nonsense is taught to children as fact, how horrific !!

All this person seems to do is attack Christians and take the bible out of context.

Nope, as I said before I attack christianity not the person, you know kind of like chirstians attack homosexuality not the homosexual, get it ?

and take the bible out of context

So who exactly is the authority on in what context the bibles are to be read ? Your Pastor ? You ? One of the many editors of the of the bibles that have put their spin on then over the centuries ?

I could go through the bible and rattle off hundreds of verses that would make Christianity seem like a religion for the mad.

So could I , hooray we have something in common after all.

The Koran is the same way. That's why we have Jihadist. They took a few verses out of context and stretched even the meaning of those to justify this UNholy war they are waging.

How exactly do you take "the practitioner of homosexuality will be put to death or tortured for all eternity" out of context ?

Thank you for trying to demean my religion though, I was able to explain something here that could easily be taken the wrong way. I will be praying for you.

Your religion does a pretty good job of demeaning itself without my help, please don't pray for me I'm getting along quite fine, If you want to extend your thoughts to some downtrodden individuals why not pray for all the young people both boys and girls who are tormented and having their lives destroyed for no other reason than your book which may or may not mean what it says.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by sisgood

Well, well, well. I do enjoy a debate. Tell me what do you think of me for not worshiping and or following Jesus.

Like your avatar, I see someone flailing about without rhythm or a beat.
IMHO

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Ah, unfortunately that is quite common in some places. There really are some Christians/Churches that are real. But I do know what you mean. There is a church in my community that is used for nothing more than business deals.

If only the Christians of today where more like what their name means - Little Christ.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Do you see Jews, Muslims and Hindus putting their hands up to foster children, any children of the same or other faiths not of their own?

Are you claiming they don't ? You forgot about pagans, Buddhists, jedis, atheists etc are you implying only xtians foster ?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Why else was he killed, really?
Really?
To save or souls!

Ahem, if the story was true then no one actually died did they ? I mean the dude was back alive a couple of days later and how the hell can omnipotent being died anyway ?
The joke is obviously on those that fell for this nonsense

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Why don't you ask jesus for a better job if the one you have is so crappy, anything you ask and all that.

Unlike many right now, I'm working. I am not a Joel Olstine Christian. I do not believe that if I pray for a Lexus one will appear in my garage the next morning. God isn't Santa. He gives me what I need, not what I want. He may be trying to teach me more patience by letting me come across you and your oh-so-wise posts.

Kind of a very good reason to edit the bibles once again don't you think ? Why not take this up instead of your crappy job I mean after all if the word Hate does not actually mean Hate better get it changed (along with anything else that doesn't mean what it says) before any more young minds get poisoned by the drivel.

There are many translations of the Bible, most of the newer ones keep that verse in the correct context.

Wow not much to ask a young man eh ? To love another man who he's never met, is invisible, lives in the sky and his only knowledge of this man he is supposed to love more than he would love girl, comes from a book which you clearly point out is in error or other people who have read the erroneous book.!!

This is just begging to be classified as homosexual cultism. !

I never said being a Christian was easy. People with your attitude make our lives difficult every-day.

[Do I take it when he was on earth in the guise of Jesus not when he was on earth in the guise of yahweh ?

Actually, I think you mean the Holy Spirit, as in NOW. And yes, I meant when He lived as a mortal man.

COULD ??? You mean you don't know ? And this nonsense is taught to children as fact, how horrific !!

Boy I can SMELL the sarcasm here! I presented two possible answers here. It was 2000 years ago. I wasn't there to interview Him.

Nope, as I said before I attack christianity not the person, you know kind of like chirstians attack homosexuality not the homosexual, get it ?

Nope, that comment about asking God for a better job seemed like a personal attack to me. Thoughts?

So who exactly is the authority on in what context the bibles are to be read ? Your Pastor ? You ? One of the many editors of the of the bibles that have put their spin on then over the centuries ?

Well, I think I can safely say that you aren't the authority on biblical context, that I have spent FAR more time studying, questioning, and trying to UNDERSTAND the bible, and have spoken with more people about the bible and read more material on the subject than you.

So could I , hooray we have something in common after all.

See? Miracles CAN happen!

How exactly do you take "the practitioner of homosexuality will be put to death or tortured for all eternity" out of context ?

Wouldn't know, didn't go THAT deep in the Koran. Not my religion.

Your religion does a pretty good job of demeaning itself without my help, please don't pray for me I'm getting along quite fine, If you want to extend your thoughts to some downtrodden individuals why not pray for all the young people both boys and girls who are tormented and having their lives destroyed for no other reason than your book which may or may not mean what it says.

I believe the thing you have a problem with here are SOME of the people who claim to follow said religion. There are many nuts who claim to do horrible things for God. I assure you, they are either crazy as bessie bugs or SERIOUSLY miss-informed. My God never endorsed hurting children. (Teaching, yes, hurting or abusing, no)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
End the whole foster parent idea, raising children should be done by the state, according to manuals and proceedures then we can all blessed be just alike in a generation, or 2.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Foster parents also have a duty to raise children within the law of their land and the social norms.

Bigotry, homophobia, racism etc etc are at odds with the law and increasingly with social norms.

It seems kids are under attack, from just about every direction, from school, home, friends, tv etc.

This is the world we live in.

Something has to change.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Never mind the fact that these evil Christians are have helped millions of kids find a home, because they are following some of God's laws.

Why can't they help millions of kids find a home, because they have no where else to go..?

WTF does god's laws have to do with it..? They can't help get a kid off the street without shoving their bigoted ideals down a vulnerable kids throat..?

Organized religion is the king of hypocrisy, and the Christians wear the crown indignantly...

And the way you practice it, my friend. Your atheism is a religion.

From dictionary.com

Religion:

something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

God's laws state we are to love others as ourselves, that a kind word turns away anger, that holding hatred in our hearts is a sin and very bad for us and many other examples of evilness.

Where's the harm?

Your hateful, cold-hearted desire to keep good, Christian families from making poor, unloved, abused children a part of their families because they just MIGHT become Christian themselves... that's truly poisonous.

I can't help but throw my two cents in. What about the hateful, cold-hearted desires of Christians to keep poor, unloved, abused, children from being adopted by loving families simply because the families have two dads or two moms? It can go either way, the only difference is homosexuals can't brainwash children into being homosexual, Christians can.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by cowman

How dare a parent teach a child their beliefs and system of morality!

Never mind the fact that these evil Christians are have helped millions of kids find a home, because they are following some of God's laws.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'd be far more impressed by a foster parent who knows the difference between good and evil without taking hints out the bible. You don't need the Bible to define morality.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
How dare a parent teach a child their beliefs and system of morality!

Depends how extreme they are.

A friend if mine's son stayed with his parents for a weekend, and came back hysterical because they had told him if he didn't follow Jesus he would burn in hell.

That is child abuse.
edit on 11/11/10 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

One does'nt have to dig too far to see there's paganism in ALL religions but that's not what this thread is all about. It's very very rare to find a Jewish or Muslim family fostering a child not related to them and they never foster children outside their faith. A majority of foster parents do in fact happen to be Christian whether or not they are practising Christians and do foster children regardless of their racial or religious background.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Your vitriolic hatred of christians makes me think you won't listen to reason, but here goes anyway.

Does it occur to you that christians are one of the few groups left that still believe in the family? It's all very well and good accusing christians ... of anything at all. But they still have families, it's not their kids that are left on the streets. It's the drinkers, whorers, gamblers etc that place so little value on their children, and are the root cause of the children that need adoption.

Yers, some are "bigoted", but not all. Just as many bigoted athiests. But christianity as a whole believes in the family unit, mom dad and kids. It must work if they still have place for more?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I see there are some retarded people on this thread. Attacking Christians because of their beliefs is as bad as attacking Muslims for their beliefs, and we know you would never do that.
You are going under the ridiculous ASSumption that someone is born gay. It is a life style choice. Why if you believe a homosexual life style is wrong you’re the bad guy? You accept all beliefs but Christian. I’m sure you accept Muslim beliefs, right? Why not Christian? Because it’s the popular thing to do. You probably don’t even know why you started to HATE Christians, but you do. It’s been so long you went along with the crowd you’re just going with the flow. Oh by the way, Muslims don’t accept homos either.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

OMG!! Read the damn bible!! Jesus did not give Moses the ten commandments GOD did, big difference!! Jesus wasn't even around in the Old Testament, those are OLD and OUTDATED testament laws!! Jesus and God are not the same thing!! I wish Christians and people like you would get that through their head!! There, do with it what you will!! Good day to you!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Slow down the rage! Those laws and the words of God are eternal. Jesus is a false prophet! Everyone with eyes can see that.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join