It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children should be protected from bigoted Christian foster parents

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I hope you care nothing for your parents because I'm about to throw them under the bus.

Those people are NOT Christians! Jesus was extremely protective towards children. He said, "Anyone who causes one of these little ones to stumble and fall, it would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their necks and be thrown into the river". That implies to me that eternity will not be very happy for these monsters.

Your parents, the clergyman and the teacher are all heretics! I can't stand someone who hides behind religion to justify abuse! Unfortunately the world is filled with people who may believe they are Christians but have souls as black as ink. True Christians can't help but love people, no matter how that person believes. They are to hate the sin but LOVE the sinner... just as Christ does.

The truth, people like that, unless they truly repent and start truly showing Christ's love to a lost world, are about as much of a child of God as my can of cola. I can't stand people like that! They do more to blaspheme the Holy Spirit than all the Christian haters in the world! (Blaspheming the Holy Spirit IS the only unforgivable sin BTW)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

So what you want to do is shift those religious powers onto one united atheist party? How do we know that if, or when, atheists are in control they won't try to dictate everyone around them?

What is happening now is everyone is trying to expand their armies but what is really happening is a tug-of-war.

I am against any religious power but I am also against atheism power. So how do we solve this dilemma over trust? Because every group has bad track records....do we start a new?

edit on 12-11-2010 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood

I hope you care nothing for your parents because I'm about to throw them under the bus.

Those people are NOT Christians! Jesus was extremely protective towards children. He said, "Anyone who causes one of these little ones to stumble and fall, it would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their necks and be thrown into the river". That implies to me that eternity will not be very happy for these monsters.

Your parents, the clergyman and the teacher are all heretics! I can't stand someone who hides behind religion to justify abuse! Unfortunately the world is filled with people who may believe they are Christians but have souls as black as ink. True Christians can't help but love people, no matter how that person believes. They are to hate the sin but LOVE the sinner... just as Christ does.

The truth, people like that, unless they truly repent and start truly showing Christ's love to a lost world, are about as much of a child of God as my can of cola. I can't stand people like that! They do more to blaspheme the Holy Spirit than all the Christian haters in the world! (Blaspheming the Holy Spirit IS the only unforgivable sin BTW)

All the people I mentioned were well respected as good, upright, Christian citizens. They each went to church every week. Why should Christians expect that they deserve respect for being Christians when no-one can tell the difference between a Christian who is not a paedeophilic pervert and one who is?

It's no good saying, "I'm a Christian, so I'm nice to children," when other people have no way of knowing what you mean by "nice." The fact is, in a country in which being a Christian is believed to prove you are morally superior, half the arseholes around dutifully attend church and pretend to be Christians.

Now, back to the thread topic. You just said: "True Christians can't help but love people, no matter how that person believes. They are to hate the sin but LOVE the sinner... just as Christ does."

How loved would you feel if you were being brought up by people who said they loved you, but hated your skin colour, believing it was a sin and must be changed?

I imagine a child would find that confusing, at the very least, and, after discovering they could not wash their skin colour off or change it, would start hating themselves for it. How loving is it to teach a child to hate himself?

If you had any understanding of homosexuality, you'd know it can no more be changed than skin-colour can. Some children simply are that way, and there is not one darned thing they can do about it.

So bash my parents all you like; they have earned it.
What's sad though is that you, so pleased with being a good Christian, are no better if you would do this to a child.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If Christians only do good because their religion teaches them to, they are pretty poor humans. My atheist friends do good because they have honest, caring hearts. They don't need fear or indoctrination to tell them to care for the needy. They do it because they have empathy for others.

Well you've hit the nail right on the head here, the christian reasoning often falls flat on its' face when we discuss the necessity to do good for fear of loss.
In summary it would appear that the christian godmans' magik plan of redemption was to create mankind sick and command him to be well.

by the way your countries laws may not apply on the web why not publish elsewhere ?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
reply to post by The Djin

My answer would also be C. I believe that all humans have the ability to be "turned on" by either sex. Yes, I am including myself in this equation.

For clarity, do you imply that on occasion you have been sexually aroused by a member or members of the same sex ? I'm being cautious here as I'm assuming you are female and noting that arousal is often different for males than females.

Bu the way, would you kill me if your god told you to ? ( no need to go down the road of your god wouldn't as we've been down that road)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

As far as I'm concerned you can talk to my paw.
What would your answer be to your own question?

Go on M I'll amuse you and get back on topic later.

My answer would be none of the above, FYI my kids are more than cool about Dad not getting all hung up about sexuality they will be the captains of their own ships and I will be happy as long as they are happy.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I am against any religious power but I am also against atheism power

Atheism is not an ideology it has no content no dogma it is simply not believing in an invisible man in that lives in the sky.

Atheism is not looking for power although an atheist may well do, your average atheist would seek at best reason and secularism ( not necessarily the wiki definition)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Friend, I have to say, EVERYONE is worth it. Everyone. I will never give up, never, for as long as I draw breath. I do not want to see them taken to a place they do not want to be. I do not want to see them fooled and fooled again and again. I wish, with all my heart, that each and every Christian picks up his bible and begin to read it, and stay with it unto done. Take notes. Have a good concordance and root word dictionary, or a computer handy to research words and ancient events. It is for each to discover, we all begin on the bottom, don't discount others for not being as educated as some of the rest of us are. I cannot help it if I am curious, and have a "have to know" drive that will not let go sometimes.

Sometimes I wish I could be blissfully unaware for an hour or two, just to see what that would be like.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Does it occur to you that christians are one of the few groups left that still believe in the family? It's all very well and good accusing christians ... of anything at all. But they still have families, it's not their kids that are left on the streets. It's the drinkers, whorers, gamblers etc that place so little value on their children, and are the root cause of the children that need adoption.

Really? I will have you know that my family is a very close knit family, we stick up for each other, and have loads of fun together, and we are Wiccans, or Pagans. (one mean "wise," the other mean "one who lives near the pole," or home marker.) I know other Wiccan families that are like we are. Our biggest trouble if from good meaning Christians trying to interfere with us, and force their beliefs on us when we all know better. Trying to talk to them is a lost cause, I often hear, "if it isn't in the bible, it isn't true." One is a preacher of a small church. He buys expensive collector cars, one after the other, but is too poor to let me work on his computer.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Mr & Mrs Johns said that their Christian beliefs precluded them from agreeing to tell any children in their care that homosexuality was acceptable.

I read the OP, and then I read the seven pages full of Christian haters implying that Mr & Mrs Johns are child abusers.

From the external snippet in the OP, we can see that Mr & Mrs Johns did not say they would punish, condemn or persecute the gay child...simply that they could not agree to tell any child that homosexuality is ok.

Do the parents not have a right to their own beliefs?

Picture the opposite scenario...
Mr & Mrs Athiest offer their services to foster a child from a Christian orphanage. They state though, that they can not agree to tell the child that there is a god. Are they now bigot child abusers as well?

I can't believe the sensationalism in this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by the siren

I read the OP, and then I read the seven pages full of Christian haters implying that Mr & Mrs Johns are child abusers.

There is no one hating christians in this thread, get a grip please many poster may not hate chrisitians but hate what they do, world of difference.

TextFrom the external snippet in the OP, we can see that Mr & Mrs Johns did not say they would punish, condemn or persecute the gay child...

No they didn't but neither did they say they would accept the child for who he or she is. What happens when the child stumble upon the Johns' instruction manual for life and see that their book clearly states that a "human being" such as him/her should be put to death because he/she may decide to have sex with the same gender ?

simply that they could not agree to tell any child that homosexuality is ok.

Even a donkey could figure out that if it's not ok then they are rejecting part of who the child is, and should one inquire as to why they reject how the child was born, then there must be a reason. As we know the reason is that the Johns', book, which dictates how they are to live and think, tells them quite clearly that the way the child is born is an abomination and the child should be put to death.

Do the parents not have a right to their own beliefs?

They can believe what the hell they like, but in this case ie fostering a child they run the risk of the repugnant elements of their bronze age superstition coming into contact with a child who may have no idea that that some people think that how they were born is anything other than normal.

Picture the opposite scenario... Mr & Mrs Athiest offer their services to foster a child from a Christian orphanage. They state though, that they can not agree to tell the child that there is a god. Are they now bigot child abusers as well?

There is an ocean of difference in informing a child that you don't believe that there are invisible men that live in the sky and informing the child that there is actually something wrong with him/her.

Are you that blind ? We a talking about a person here ! A human bloody being with feelings and emotions and a very vulnerable one at that !!!

If the child happened to believe in santa clause and you don't that's one thing but having a child be informed that he/she was born with something wrong with them and should he she operate in a manner to how he was born, then he would likely be tortured for all eternity or killed is sicko !

I can't believe the sensationalism in this thread.

There's nothing more sensational about the truth is there ?

Check out this "Disordered Morally Evil Individual " and try and learn something

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

There is no one hating christians in this thread, get a grip please many poster may not hate chrisitians but hate what they do, world of difference.

I'm sure that's true. Likewise, God does not hate homosexuals, but hates what they do.

What happens when the child stumble upon the Johns' instruction manual for life and see that their book clearly states that a "human being" such as him/her should be put to death because he/she may decide to have sex with the same gender?

Please provide a Biblical source where God says that people who have homosexual sex must be put to death.

Even a donkey could figure out that if it's not ok then they are rejecting part of who the child is, and should one inquire as to why they reject how the child was born, then there must be a reason. As we know the reason is that the Johns', book, which dictates how they are to live and think, tells them quite clearly that the way the child is born is an abomination and the child should be put to death.

Again, please provide a source for the death business. Also, you talk about how the child was born that way. You are wrongly assuming that a 'a love of anal sex gene' has been proven to exist...or even a 'gay gene' for that matter.

They can believe what the hell they like, but in this case ie fostering a child they run the risk of the repugnant elements of their bronze age superstition coming into contact with a child who may have no idea that that some people think that how they were born is anything other than normal.

Rather find out that your lifestyle choices aren't the norm from a loving family first. Otherwise, the child runs the risk of receiving a surprise gay bashing for kissing his boyfriend in public while in the rough part of town.

There is an ocean of difference in informing a child that you don't believe that there are invisible men that live in the sky and informing the child that there is actually something wrong with him/her.

Are you that blind ? We a talking about a person here ! A human bloody being with feelings and emotions and a very vulnerable one at that !!!

If you understand that the child is gay because of nurture instead of nature, then you would know there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the child - only with what the child may do.

If the child happened to believe in santa clause and you don't that's one thing but having a child be informed that he/she was born with something wrong with them and should he she operate in a manner to how he was born, then he would likely be tortured for all eternity or killed is sicko !

Please provide a source for this torture.

edit on 2010.11/13 by the siren because: Deleted redundant word in a sentence

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by the siren

I'm sure that's true. Likewise, God does not hate homosexuals, but hates what they do.

When did you have this conversation with "god" to receive this special revelation!! Do you happen to have "gods" telephone number so I can confirm this? Or is do you "know" this because of some book that "claims" all kinds of absurd nonsense filled to the brim with contradictions. So much for a book inspired by a "perfect" god, AH?

Please provide a Biblical source where God says that people who have homosexual sex must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Again, please provide a source for the death business. Also, you talk about how the child was born that way. You are wrongly assuming that a 'a love of anal sex gene' has been proven to exist...or even a 'gay gene' for that matter.

I personally reveal ONE verse for you. Be 100% REST ASSURED, that the "death business" IS IN THE BIBLE EVERYWHERE.

Its now time for you to do SOME homework and studying FOR YOURSELF, AH? Its in there, trust me. Get to reading!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I have some great reading material for you to read.
This is in your Bible.
Evil Bible

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

This is in your Bible.
Evil Bible

Its a shame that the "faithful" will just click on that link, and as soon as they discover that the website is NOT a 100% christain bias website, they close out the window faster then you can say: JUST READ IT!!

They just seem to be more stubborn than mules and refuse to see SO MANY valid points that non-christain websites will make about their book and faith. There IS SO MUCH info out there to support that the christain faith and bible is 100000000% total BS!!!!!

Why cant they JUST READ something on that site?? JUST SOMETHING!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Check out this "Disordered Morally Evil Individual " and try and learn something

I've just finished watching your video, and I agree with your gay gent. The Catholic church is obsessed with sex. After the child-rape scandal, for them to point fingers at homosexuals is the pot calling the kettle black.

The family in the OP are not the Catholic church though.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ra.ra3
When did you have this conversation with "god" to receive this special revelation!! Do you happen to have "gods" telephone number so I can confirm this? Or is do you "know" this because of some book that "claims" all kinds of absurd nonsense filled to the brim with contradictions. So much for a book inspired by a "perfect" god, AH?

The reason why I said that is because I recall the Bible wording had to do with the actual sex act. If I recall correctly, the Bible doesn't use the word homosexual anywhere.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I personally reveal ONE verse for you. Be 100% REST ASSURED, that the "death business" IS IN THE BIBLE EVERYWHERE.

Its now time for you to do SOME homework and studying FOR YOURSELF, AH? Its in there, trust me. Get to reading!!

Thank you, I was pretty sure it was in Leviticus, but I thought it was Leviticus 18 where it says they should be cut off from society. I do intend to go and study it - that's why I asked for the verse. Imagine that.

edit on 2010.11/13 by the siren because: Fixed Typo

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

This is in your Bible.
Evil Bible

I browsed through it and immediately spotted things taken out of context, but many more that will require a good study. You should consider creating a thread so as to not derail though.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So,just how "cool" are you about having no hang-ups
on sex?
Are you going to be one of those parents who can sleep
at night because their teen daughter is on the pill?
Is your attitude going to be that,"hey,kids' will be kids'?
Kids' need parents who will be parents.Kids' don't need
parents who will grow up with them.
I think that most members will agree with me that kids'
need loving,caring parents.Parents who lay down good
foundations for their children to grow by.Some teach their
children according to scripture,some don't.
What it really boils down to,YOU are responsible for how
your children are raised,no one else!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Thank you, I was pretty sure it was in Leviticus, but I thought it was Leviticus 18 where it says they should be cut off from society. I do intend to go and study it - that's why I asked for the verse. Imagine that.

In response to your replies to me it would only be fair on you if I quote the above and point out what the other posters have written which would be not dissimilar to may own reply so I would thank them for this.

Clearly you need to study the bibles and when we say study that means "critically" with reason and intelligence .It is all well and good reading bibles and cherry picking for the good bits that superficially would seem to back up you argument, but inevitably you Will end up in the place that most christians that use critical thinking end up, which is "It is all a matter of faith.

It is preposterous to make wild claims like "the passage being read out of context" as you will immediately be required to point to the authority on biblical context and as we all know including my hamster there is none as the authors of the books contained in the bibles are "Unknown".

Many xtians including yourself perform wondrous cranial gymnastics trying to distance themselves from the complete psychotic barbarity and instructions of the god yawhe.

Unfortunately for you , you chose to do this on ATS of all places where you will really have your work cut out I'm afraid as very often (but not always) many atheists have spent more time reading and reading up on the bibles that christians.

Perhaps what we need to do here in your case is establish a few hard facts in relation to the bibles and this particular thread.

The god yahweh that appears in the bibles and is also generally accepted by the majority of christians as one and the same being as Jesus son of Joseph (the one that appears in the gospels and not necassarily one of the many other jesus').
makes it quite clear that the act of sex between two men is an abomination. This god (the christian god) specifies implicitly that as a result of committing this action the perpetrator shall be STONED TO DEATH.

Your own books clearly state that your god jesus/yahweh also implicitly states that not one word of the law (his law) will be changed .

Nevertheless, should the person committing the homosexual act for whatever reason manage to escape stoning to death he will be tortured for all eternity should he continue this practice to the point of his death.

Now we know what Ywheh had to say about homosexuality and as we know Jesus had nothing to say about it, after all why should he if he and yahweh are one and the same being? He already appears to have said all he had to say on the matter and makes it clear that the law has not nor will not change.

Neither I, nor other atheists are making this up it is right there in your books for all to see should they take the trouble to read, we didn't write it but many of us who are offered "to be saved" find it quite repugnant when we read it.

Pleas don't come here and insult our intelligence by harping on about verses being "out of context" if you're not willing to engage in reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join