It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children should be protected from bigoted Christian foster parents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

How do we know an individual Christian’s attitude towards homosexuality? Do we assume they all follow the bible, or ministerial interpretation?

Well as a rule the bible and ministerial interpretation tend to be the source of their crazy beliefs , so a good starting point would be to find out if they actually believe what they read or are told. From my experience most start with belief then cherry pick then bluster "it's all a matter of faith" then run away. At this point we should find the person unfit to foster.

I sense an anti Christian agenda running through your posts here.

Nope, you are detecting anti Christianity wrapped up in the foil of anti relgion

Why quote the bible as if these quotes have any relevance to the subject matter.

Because xtians have a tendency to believe what the bibles say (so most of them claim) and these books make it clear that homosexuality is some sort of deviancy that should be punished with torture or death of the practitioner and other equally repulsive instructions.

Needless to say that this is quite relevant when discussing the placement of a child with someone who may volunteer to put you or I to death if an invisble man in the sky tells them to.

If I am honest, and I always am, you sound like a pseudo atheist, anti Christian, Muslim apologist. Have you started any anti islamic threads, or is it just christians you target?

I'm a pseudo nothing dude, I'm 100% down to earth regular atheist to the point of being antitheist, no a I don't target Christians but do have a go at chrsitianity at most opportunities. That being said I've the same amount of no time for islam and should a muslim engage me here I will debate with equal vigor.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Homosexuals should be banned from being foster parents, teachers, bus drivers, coaches, scouting or any other thing that would allow them to spread their mental problems.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
maybe some of you should get off your ass and start foster parenting.

borg the bunch of them.

"you will be assimilated"

screw all you idiots.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Homosexuals should be banned from being foster parents, teachers, bus drivers, coaches, scouting or any other thing that would allow them to spread their mental problems.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
you spamming?

2 same posts.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm an agnostic and in my experience gay people are much more prone to hatred (and stereotyping) of the religious, than the other way around.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Never mind the fact that these evil Christians are have helped millions of kids find a home, because they are following some of God's laws.

Why can't they help millions of kids find a home, because they have no where else to go..?

They do. Apparently my point went right over your head.

WTF does god's laws have to do with it..? They can't help get a kid off the street without shoving their bigoted ideals down a vulnerable kids throat..?

Once again, over your head, and apparently over 10 others too.

Organized religion is the king of hypocrisy, and the Christians wear the crown indignantly...

Thank you for that. It is nice of you to show us your hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

What's moral about teaching a child that the way that he was born is somehow repugnant and that he will be tortured for all eternity for it by the very being that has allegedly created him like it ?

Really now?

Even the most fanatical Christians will tell you that Children are cherished, no matter who they came from or how they came to existence. Read the Bible story of Jesus and the little Children.

Get off your soap box it's shameful to have to be commanded to do good, muslims do good things. Buddhists do good things atheists do good things , I don't need a law telling me to be compasssionate.

No one says that Christians are only good because they are commanded to be. Way to jump off the deep end to try and prove your disdain for Christianity.

Educate yourself, please

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Fair enough, although if you have a go at Christianity at most opportunities then do you do the same with Islam?
And of course a Muslim won’t engage you here on this thread, why would they?
Any generalizations that you have made about the bible and Christians could equally apply to the Koran and Muslims.
And it must be said that the question of torture and putting to death is not really relevant to the thread. Or did you think that was a viable possibility?
And just to be clear, I have the same opinion of both Islam and Christianity and the madness of it all.
I don’t think of myself as an atheist, agnostic or believer, just an observer.
That’s what I am, an observerist!

Regards Midicon.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by intrepid

What some extremist forget is Jesus words and actions.

Like having temper tantrums in the Temple (hardly befitting an omnibenevolent being eh ?)

Ah, but wouldn't you like to do what Jesus is said to have done that day, turn the tables on a bunch of hypocrites?

Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.

Do not think that I come to bring the peace upon earth: I came not to send peace but the sword. For I come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; -- -- --

Nice guy eh ?

Prince of Peace? Puzzling quotes, aren't they?
One has to wonder what was going on in the mind of whoever made up that stuff.

What would Jesus do, about homosexuality? I seriously doubt that he would diss them.

He already did when he gave moses the laws did you not read that bit ?

The laws given to Moses were the ten commandments.
They were given to moses by God, thousands of years, (at a guess,) before the birth of Jesus.
They make no mention of homosexuality, nor do they prescribe punishments for anything.

He also mentioned that not one jot or word of the law would be changed, remember ?

Acknowledged. However he did pick and eat fresh young corncobs with his disciples in the fields on the Sabbath, when they were hungry.
This, according to Jewish law, was a crime punishable by death.
When questioned about it, Jesus replied, "the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath".
So he obviously felt that old laws were at least open to reinterpretation.

Now baring in mind the instructions relating to homosexuals are still in the foster parents good book one can only conclude that the words mean what they say, woe betide any foster child that happens to be born gay.

Bearing, not baring.

Despite my nitpicking, I agree with you.
Homosexuality might be rare, but it's a normal occurrence, and people who are going to teach kids whose dispositions may make it inevitable they grow up to be homosexually inclined, that homosexuality is evil, should not be allowed the chance to stuff kids lives up.
It's not the fault of social services the couple in question are self-righteous, intolerant bigots.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Like Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.
Like Do not think that I come to bring the peace upon earth: I came not to send peace but the sword. For I come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; -- -- -- Nice guy eh ?

*sigh* And now that I have returned home from my crappy job... allow me to clarify something here. Jesus is NOT saying to HATE your family. The Greek to English here is a little iffy. "Hate" here means to not put first in their lives. So, if a new Christian was (I'm using this as an example because I know it happens there) converted over in the Muslim majority Middle East, his or her family was all Muslim and were threatening to literally put that new Christian out of the family for no longer believing in Allah, that Christian is required to love Jesus more than his earthly family.
Simply put, the verse should say, Whoever comes to me and loves his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, even life itself MORE than me, cannot be my disciple.
Also, back when He was on earth, people traveled around with Him. It wasn't JUST the twelve. All of those people were considered His disciples and there were a few cases where He would come up to someone, tell them to follow Him, the person would reply, "Let me kiss my father goodbye" or something like that and Jesus would refuse. He wanted that person RIGHT THEN.
It could also be referring to that.

The second verse used here actually means about the same thing, just worded differently and sometimes, new Christians are beaten, cast out of the family with nothing and even killed. So, in those cases, the family does go to "war".

All this person seems to do is attack Christians and take the bible out of context. I could go through the bible and rattle off hundreds of verses that would make Christianity seem like a religion for the mad. The Koran is the same way. That's why we have Jihadist. They took a few verses out of context and stretched even the meaning of those to justify this UNholy war they are waging.

Thank you for trying to demean my religion though, I was able to explain something here that could easily be taken the wrong way. I will be praying for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Bearing, not baring. Despite my nitpicking, I agree with you.

Hey I dropped an E lol, I would love to touch on a couple of your points but seeing as we seem to agree on something and time does not allow, I'll go with what we agree on and agree to disagree with what we don't.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What some extremist forget is Jesus words and actions. He associated with tax collectors, prostitutes, the "unclean". What would Jesus do, about homosexuality? I seriously doubt that he would diss them.

No, not diss them, dissipate them, as in Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Not really. Jesus hanged around men most of his life. I believed Peter or John was his beloved disciple. Jesus had a Gay time with them. Why else was he killed?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I certainly hope you're not being serious. Back then it was WEIRD for a man to speak to a woman he wasn't related to and pretty much FORBIDDEN for a woman to do so to a man.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Well... were I a god and an entire town tried to RAPE my angel... I might blow it up too.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Who knows? Maybe I am being serious do you have a problem? I don't believe in Jesus. Since he is a false God, False Messiah and False Prophet.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

That is your personal opinion and you are entitled to it. Please don't attack mine.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Well, well, well. I do enjoy a debate. Tell me what do you think of me for not worshiping and or following Jesus.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Do you see Jews, Muslims and Hindus putting their hands up to foster children, any children of the same or other faiths not of their own?

If the Christian foster parents are decent law abiding close knit family orientated citizens then so be it and good for them to take a child not of their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join