It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

lol, dude
I think u watch too much TV

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by TheIrvy

lol, dude
I think u watch too much TV

I agree..

But who really knows.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I think there would be less animosity towards Phage if he would just change his avatar! C'mon Phage, you can't find a happier image of John Lithgow for your avatar?! Everytime I see that thing with his arms crossed I just imagine someone who's not going to listen to anything! LOL! I'm just kidding of course, but this whole missile thing is out of control. :-)

BTW, regarding the cruise ship, it experienced it's fire off the coast of Mexico, not California. That's why they decided to tow it to Ensenada. Unfortunately, one of the two tugs lost power so now they're being towed to Ensenada, Mexico by a single tug at 4 knots. They're still not there yet! Once they arrive there, the passengers will be bussed back up north. If you've ever travelled through that border checkpoint between Mexico and Cali you'll know that these people's vacations are going to SUCK!!!! At least they're getting refunded! :-)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

And what about this from page 8?

posted on 10-11-2010 @ 04:21 this post My daughter's father works for USAF Space Command/DoD/Norad and this is his job - to monitor all launches all over the world. He watched this launch as it happened and monitored it.

He knows what this is...but wont tell me. Grrr. I have tired trust me.

This is from a well respected Mod.

Some people have indeed said, later, 'oh i saw it too', and I've asked them for useful info such as angular motion and illumination, but so far nothing -- they look like 'bandwagon-me-too-ers'.

As for the witness who told a stepdaughter who told her stepfather that he saw it get launched but won't say what it was, you say, you can't be serious that such a level of he-told-A-told-B-told-C-told-me "this" had any evidentiary value.

The "that evening" phrase should have been more unambiguously linked to 'reported', not saw -- there were, as far as still can be told, no calls from any other witnesses in the period after the event.

I notice that you refuse to even pretend that your claim about 911 calls was anything but fiction. Do you admit you made it up?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There have been a few posts on a possible China angle here, so I will just expand on this theory.

Recently, we have seen US Naval military exercises in the seas off China, and also in the seas around North Korea.

China recently laid claim to the entire South China Sea as it's territory, a move that concerned the US and challenges formerly the US Naval presence in East Asia, and also the territorial claims of other countries in the region, including allies, and new-found allies of the US.

China is currently concentrating on expanding it's blue-water fleet so as to back up it's new-found global power with a projection of power.

In the recent China-Japan dispute, Hilary Clinton offered to mediate, which was rebuffed by China, who see the US as a strong ally of Japan and who would therefore be seen by China as biased in favour of Japan.

We are witnessing in the early 21st century the beginning of the changing of the guard of Superpowers. The US is in decline as a superpower, and slowly is giving way to China and India. Indeed, Obama's visit to India and British PM Cameron's visit to China reflects this. We are witnessing a re-allignment of powers.

Just as The British Empire was once a global superpower, and in decline, allied itself with the next superpower the USA via trade and military partnership, so we witness now the decline of a global superpower, hoping to ally itself to the next superpower, or one of the superpowers in the form of India.

The UK meanwhile, sees business opportunities in China, as it saw in the US in the 20th century.

India's big regional rivals are not Pakistan, but China. Just as the US saw the Sino-Soviet split in the 60's to ally itself with China by the time of the mid-70's as a bulwark against the Soviets, so we see the US trying to ally itself with India as a bulwark against China, as well as seeking business opportunities from seeing India-China rivalries.

The UK meanwhile, long an ally of the US, sees the US in decline, and as the UK is also in decline, it faces new realities. Shared defensive capability with France, and possibly to a wider extent the EU, being the future it seems.

Trade partnerships with China, India and within the EU being the future it seems.

For sure, the US is still a powerful military power, but so was the Soviet Union in it's decline, the Red Army, despite it's size, could not preserve the superpower status of the USSR because the Soviet economy was shot to pieces.

Since the end of the Cold War, we have seen the US project it's power wherever it likes, unopposed by other powers.

US military exercises in the seas off sovereign countries being the norm.

With the rise of new superpowers, this is coming to an end.

I have long been of the belief that should China reach the capability, they will repay the US for the US military exercises in the seas off China's shores by some sort of display in the seas off the US's shores, as a demonstration of power, to tell the The White House that military exercises near China will be responded to with Chinese military exercises near the US.

If this is a missile, as it appears to be, and if it is China, and you would be niave to think it is not possible that China or another foreign power could sneak a Submarine so close and launch a missile, should you be worried?

If there was a war, yes, feel free to defecate yourselves.

But if this is China, and it's a Chinese missile, they are sending out a message to the US: A US missile exercise off China's shores will be responded to with a Chinese missile exercise off the US's shores. Stop your exercises, and we will stop ours. You may be capable of doing damage, but so are we.

If this is China, this is the flexing of muscles in response to the US flexing muscles. It's a macho-macho game, and the scary thing is they are doing it with missiles (scary enough) near cities (Even more scarier).

Imagine this is China letting off a missile. You would be worried. A US missile launch in the seas of China has the same effect on the Chinese. How do you deter it if you are the Chinese government? Do the same back.

A Chinese missile launch in the seas off the US now would also be especially embarrasing and designed as a response to Obama visiting India, China's rival, but also while the British PM, the leader of a country with whom the US is said to have a 'special relationship' is visiting China.

How impotent does that make The White House look? Very. It would impress upon the UK if they found out that while they were visiting China, the Chinese launched a missile in the seas around the US, supposedly a big and strong ally. The Chinese would be saying "Look UK, this is how weak the US is. This is how strong we are."

Again I repeat, if this is a missile (as it appears to be) and is the Chinese, the US will not admit it being so.

Do not expect there to be following statement:

"We can confirm a Chinese submarine launched a missile in the seas off the coast of the US. We do not believe at any time the security of the US was threatened. We have launched a diplomatic protest with the Chinese Embassy and summoned the Chinese ambassador."

For one, it would be a huge loss of face for US national prestige because two, it would be admitting the Chinese had secretly managed to do this without forewarning, in the face of US military power.

Three, the tensions this would create via a public acknowledgement an unannounced Chinese missile launch in the seas off the US could get out of hand.

Four, Obama's popularity would crash. Goodbye, second term!

The Chinese would be content with The White House knowing it was them. The missile launch would be for the American people to see, and wonder what it is. The missile launch would be for the American government to see, know what it is, and see the message of Chinese muscle-flexing and scramble for the excuses that "err, we don't know", "It's an optical illusion", "It's a plane" "It's a bird!" "It's Superman!".

edit on 11-11-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I notice that you refuse to even pretend that your claim about 911 calls was anything but fiction. Do you admit you made it up?

I think you have an issue with concentrating or maybe you're so into ridicule you can't remember who said what.
I have NEVER mentioned any 911 calls..
As someone said, get your facts right first then you can twist them anyway you want...

And while you busy, what about the post I DID make, care to answer that?

posted on 10-11-2010 @ 04:21 this post My daughter's father works for USAF Space Command/DoD/Norad and this is his job - to monitor all launches all over the world. He watched this launch as it happened and monitored it.

He knows what this is...but wont tell me. Grrr. I have tired trust me.

This is from a well respected Mod.

edit on 11-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Your video didn't work, so I fixed it so I can watch it here.

thank you for that videopost.
I can truly say that Mr. Cuckoo
has lost all credibility with me
as a scientific researcher if
he can't see that heat signature
from the rocket booster....

Well, those of us who do NOT know it all have already asked how anyone
can see a 'heat signature' on a visible-light video.

So far, not even lame attempts at answers -- just silence.

This is a significant question, a request for documentation,
such as the still open request for ANY proof that anyone at
DoD/FAA/CAP whatever said that radar showed NO planes
in the area.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

and BTW the space shuttle pulls upward of 3.5 G's

that's NOT slow

Acceleration is not speed, confusing them just reflects on
the level of your own fundamental knowledge of physics.

And the shuttle does NOT accelerate at 3.5 G's, you misremembered that or
maybe (just speculating) just made it up to pretend to be an expert worth listening to.

Ascent G-limits are 3.00000 G's. It's why thrust is reduced near Mach 1.

Military missiles usually do about twice that G-level on ascent.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Still waiting jimmy boy..
Busy checking my posts? Good, you will not find that I said what you accused me of...
Maybe now answer the question I asked you, or is that too hard??

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

OK, bed time..Guess you only answer what you consider easy questions..
nite

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's a little odd to see a contrail so low in the athmosphonere from the camera angles they are showing.
It's also odd that is the ONLY Contrail with all the air traffic in the area.

Hmmm...once again....there are more questions than answers about this incident.

I don't care if it is truely a rocket or an airplane...the most disturbing thing here is that the Military once again

is doing what it does best...only letting us know what they want us to know.

I don't believe for a second the convenient explanation from the news media that after all this time, NASA and the Pentagon finally said...oh yea....it was just a contrail...

What they do not mention in the media or push to the next level is if it was not tracked initially, our other monitoring systems must have been watching this object...where did this object end up at?

No one seems to be able to ask or answer that question.

We can track a hammer in space, yet over a period of 48 hours, cannot determine with any conclusive assurance what "we" saw.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
So far, not even lame attempts at answers -- just silence.

nope, no silence,
just laziness of a poster
who won't go back and read
posts in this long thread to
find the answer he seeks
but continues his saber rattling
in the current page.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

that's NOT slow

maybe (just speculating) just made it up to pretend to be an expert worth listening to.

geez,
I never said it accelerated at 3.5 G's, I said it pulled
upward of 3.5 G's and it says so right here.

How G-Forces Affect Your Body
Astronauts aboard a Space Shuttle reach about 3.5 G's.

thefuntimesguide.com...

maybe you're not the expert I should listen to either

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Still waiting jimmy boy..
Busy checking my posts? Good, you will not find that I said what you accused me of...
Maybe now answer the question I asked you, or is that too hard??

The '911' allegation appeared deep in a nested quote, and I'm happy to acknowledge you did not make it -- but did you quote it as if true?

Nice-nice out of the way, what about true-true questions?

Does anybody have any evidence that the claim of 911 calls is anything but fiction?

And don't forget the open questions about the alleged -- but apparently fictitious -- claim that some official said their radar showed no planes in the area? Or the claim that one can detect 'heat sources' on a visible-light video camera?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

that's NOT slow

geez,
I never said it accelerated at 3.5 G's, I said it pulled
upward of 3.5 G's and it says so right here.

How G-Forces Affect Your Body
Astronauts aboard a Space Shuttle reach about 3.5 G's.

thefuntimesguide.com...

maybe you're not the expert I should listen to either

Maybe you need to go to more authoritative websites than "fun times", to avoid future embarrassment.

The shuttle is accel limited to 3.0 G's. But you did correctly quote a stupid website that you thought was authoritative, so you didn't make it up, you just used poor judgment in selecting sites for accurate info.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

OK, bed time..Guess you only answer what you consider easy questions..
nite

How long am I allowed to read the overnight posts?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The bonus that comes with this for some,is the future of secret missile/space launches.
Nah,it was just a jet contrail.Keeps the media of their backs.

My opinion of wether it was a missile or contrail is,it could be an optical illusion either way.

edit on 11/11/10 by gallifreyan medic because: Added another sentence

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The stir from this ATS thread has spread worldwide.
By the time president Obama is back to White House, a crowd of 2.000.000 dissatisfied people is awaiting him and demanding heads to roll, because of the zero response from Pentagon to the obvious threat of enemy country displayed at 35 miles distance from US territory.
President is advised by his staff to declare war to anyone - China, North Korea, Iran - doesn't matter, in order to save face and show everyone that no one can threaten America in such a blatant manner without being severely punished.
People in other countries are also distressed, seeing what's going to happen, and other governments are surrounded by similar disgruntled masses demanding hard stance and military action to teach hysterical Americans a lesson for once.
Hilary flies to Moscow, but on her way, because of perfect conditions, her plane creates such a contrail that everyone in Russia is convinced it's an ICBM missile heading towards their capital and her plane is shot down...

And so... it begins

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

edit on 11-11-2010 by DangerDeath because: Double post, damn mouse button...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If the video was shot in the evening the sun angle is wrong to illuminate the "plane" like it did. It looks like a rocket booster to me.

When was the video shot?

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join