It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I'll flag and star what ever I find interesting, informative or just damn right entertaining. If you don't like that then tough.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have to agree it is becomming very tired now.

What shocks me are the vast number of people wanting doom and gloom! Do they not realise should anything bad occur they will most likely die or at the very least have a loved one die.

Be careful for what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You're absolutely right. I'm going to stop S&F'n threads, starting with this one!

Some of my favorite threads here on ATS are the prediction threads. Not that I buy into any of the foretold events but, like you said, they are some of the most entertaining. Some of the other boards here do get a little tiresome. Much of the UFO/Alien threads are re-hashed videos or stories that have been shown or told. Same thing with other boards like the NWO, 2012, 9/11 or A&L Civ ... many of the threads are just updates or new spins on topics that have been covered many, many times. Though, most are still fun to read and follow. All except the Political Forums. There's NOTHING new there. Just the same old Red vs Blue argument ... or something resembling it.

And, though it may seem that these Prediction threads are going the same route ... they do offer a high level of entertainment value, which is why they are some of my favorite to follow.

And since you seem more concerned about what your neighbor thinks about you and less with what seems to entertain you ... I guess I'll stop starring and flagging these type of threads.
edit on 8-11-2010 by tyranny22 because: M

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'll be honest, this site used to be reasonably balanced discussion. Now it seems to be over run with people ripping each other apart or stupid hoaxers. This used to be my first port of call. Now this site is very lame.
Before u say it, I have gone elsewhere...... Somebody pull rank on this infantile crap this site has become.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I hear ya MrWendal!

If they come - they come. If they blow - they blow! If we die - we die!

I have my guns, my ammo, my portable solar panel, my Berkey water filter, my iodine tablets, my MRE's, my dried beans and about 25 bottles of peanut butter (don't ask).

I feel more than prepared, and I really don't care anymore what happens or when. I realized that spending time with the ones I love was more important than worrying about impending doom or waiting for some advanced entity to save us all.

We are all on this ride - when it ends it ends. It is still fun to look everyday and see where this is all going. I admit - at times on here I have done some wacky posts just for fun. I have also been caught up in the specific event dates and have worried at times. But, my wife grounded me (thank God). So whatever comes our way is going to come our way - there is no stopping it - no predicting or channeling has ever helped anyone. It is always a minute -day to late.

So, I am going to enjoy my life - and look at this site everyday just to be entertained or - on occasion maybe have a leg up on what might come - or not. Like everyone else says - it is better to be informed and prepared than to be naive and oblivious.

Cheers -

edit on 8-11-2010 by arizonascott because: correction

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Bravo to your call to avoid flagging these flagging-in-accuracy, predictions of gloom and doom.
On a positive note, however, I have to imagine that being deluged by so many of these predictions which ultimately turn out to be misguided and false, serves only to foster a greater sense of badly needed pragmatism and realism within the vast majority of ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There have been many predictions many places, not just here on ATS. I believe these predictions are the result of the very unsure and unstable times we are currently living in.

I DO believe there is a major, worldwide event coming in the not too distant future.

I also believe that there are those in the elite, the puppetmasters, who know this to be true and know the timing of these future events. They have been working towards it for a very long time.

They would HATE to see all that planning go for nothing.

They need the people to be unaware and unprepared for their plan to unfold.

What better way to keep people in the dark than to over-saturate them with "predictions", to the point where "wolf" has been cried so much that no one pays attention and loses interest in keeping aware.

I am not blaming the people who originate these threads. I think they are just "planting the seeds".

You need to trace it back to who made the seed.

With the internet, it is extremely fast and easy to start an idea of disinformation and spread it around.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

edit on 8-11-2010 by Common Scarecrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have a Prediction about the false flag........Nuclear Power Station......

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The irony is, your prediction thread has earned 85 flags and counting.

By the way, one of those flags is mine hahaha.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. It really cheapens the image of the site. If I was new to ATS and looked over the prediction threads I would automatically be turned off. When I read the titles of those prediction threads on the first page it sounds like something out of a cheap tabloid magazine. Ive been on ATS for three years now and have been exposed to some thought provoking and intelligent debates.

Over the top sensationalism should not be what ATS is about (At least not the ATS I know.)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I see your point and kind of agree, however Schrodingers dog's (eloquent) reply is how you should approach the flag bearing situation. Like all ATS user's, we're members of this site because we all have a nagging feeling that somethings not 'right'. Hoping to find some answer's... we search through the post's.

Obviously the doomsday scenario is the hot topic of the day, and for those of us experienced in conspiracy theories this is old news and can be boring. Given the recent hollywood blockbusters 2012, the day after tomorrow, skyline etc. Many more people than ever before are starting to question and investigate subjects they may never have considered before.

Someone will break a story... but we must wait and be patient

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I totally agree.
Whats been extra frustrating of late though, is how many dam stars and flags they are getting! I've seen all types of prediction threads, and I can tell you, here on ATS, they barely ever get a legitimate response.
Its still frustrating, because so many people chime in, poking fun, that the thread still makes it to the front page, but at least there are little to no stars or flags.
I count on the ATS community to filter through the majority of the garbage that is this site by flagging and starring legitimate threads, with legitimate sources, and with legitimate topics...

My question is why aren't the owners controlling this?
Remember all those reptilian threads we saw on the front page a few years ago?
All the videos of people who's eye or skin might change for a second because of a a compressed video file???
Well, theres a reason you dont see them any more.... the owners put a stop to it.

COME ON OWNERS!!! DO SOMETHING!!!
Has there been 1 prediction thread that ever came true??? if so, please find it, and you will have made your argument...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I usually read the first paragraph and I can tell if it's going to be of interest to me. As far as ATS's credibility, don't be silly, it has none. If that's what you're looking for you definitely came to the wrong place. Oh, it can be interesting enough to have a few articles worthy of the read, but if you thought you were going to find a daily revelation into the dark truth behind reality, I think you expect too much. Don't go thinking the truth is out there and easy to find. Most news blogs serve political interests and most science or technology blogs serve commercial interests. I think that ATS is flypaper for nut cases like us, people who sometimes confuse paranoia for intuition. It's more entertaining than reading the latest news about how the economy and the ecology are a wreck and the US government is too owned by PAC's and lobbies to do anything about it. Or the latest battle of the scientists over the validity of climate change.
Now I'll give you a prediction, Sooner or later a terrible disaster will put the entire human race to the test. When will it happen? What difference does that make if nobody is prepared?! It's happened before, it'll happen again, geneticists have already detected at least two bottlenecks in our gene pool, we all share a common maternal, and a common paternal ancestry, imagine how small the human race must've gotten to be. Our current genome has gone unchanged in at least 20,000 years, yet our civilization only took 5000 years to go from hunter gatherers to our modern technological society. This is because we've been nearly wiped out before. Sometimes I like to try to imagine the civilizations lost to the human memory, those that built themselves up before the last big disaster. Then I wonder - Will anyone remember any of this after the next big one?
I'm planning for survival, I've made preparations. If you're really looking for a date to be afraid of, try winter solstice 2012, many prophets from diferent ages and diferent civilizations are pointing to this same date. Even NASA has confirmed that the sun's cyclic activity is way off and some predict extreme solar activity for the next solar max which pretty much coincides with the winter solstice 2012 date. Imagine a coronal mass ejection more powerful than has ever been seen hitting the earth's magnetosphere and causing a drastic pole shift. Yeah like the 2012 movie only they're not preparing any big boats.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott

I hear ya MrWendal!

If they come - they come. If they blow - they blow! If we die - we die!

I have my guns, my ammo, my portable solar panel, my Berkey water filter, my iodine tablets, my MRE's, my dried beans and about 25 bottles of peanut butter (don't ask).

I feel more than prepared, and I really don't care anymore what happens or when. I realized that spending time with the ones I love was more important than worrying about impending doom or waiting for some advanced entity to save us all.

We are all on this ride - when it ends it ends. It is still fun to look everyday and see where this is all going. I admit - at times on here I have done some wacky posts just for fun. I have also been caught up in the specific event dates and have worried at times. But, my wife grounded me (thank God). So whatever comes our way is going to come our way - there is no stopping it - no predicting or channeling has ever helped anyone. It is always a minute -day to late.

So, I am going to enjoy my life - and look at this site everyday just to be entertained or - on occasion maybe have a leg up on what might come - or not. Like everyone else says - it is better to be informed and prepared than to be naive and oblivious.

Cheers -

edit on 8-11-2010 by arizonascott because: correction

That's the best thing i've read !!!
In any of these threads !

arizonascott ... thank you

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am a longtime viewer, sparse poster here at ATS. I've seen threads of all nature from completely absurd to extremely thought provoking. I pick through what I perceive to be nonsense based on my personal belief system and dismiss that which rubs me the wrong way or which I cannot seem to wrap my head around. I do not continuously post derogatory comments on those topics to which I do not agree. I simply move on. My reasoning: one, I consider ATS to be a clearinghouse of ideas outside the norm of mainstream media, and two, I don't have the time or the inclination to try to impose my belief system on the posters who come up with ideas that, in my opinion, do not have merit.

I also am a firm believer in intuition and/or precognition. Odd precognitive events happen to me all the time on a small scale. Things like...I think I should slow down because a police officer is near, and lo and behold, there is one sitting at the next corner. I need to move something because it's going to get broken and a jar falls over and breaks it, etc. And, all the time, my husband and I come up with the same ideas, thoughts within minutes of each other. Sure, some of it is common sense, some of it is coincidence, but every so often, something appears to be precognition on a inconsequential scale. So, if I personally believe it happens on a small scale, I naturally am interested if it happens on a larger, global scale. That is my interest in the "I have a feeling" and prediction posts.

The Simpson's post took the fact that the cartoon appeared to predict a previous event and used the idea to attempt to predict a future event. That idea falls solidly in the "non-maintstream thought" category and found it's perfect home on the prediction forum.

Why so many people choose to demand a reduction in this type of thread, or spend their time posting how much they hate this type of thread is beyond me. Do you not have threads which interest you to which you could be injecting ideas, thoughts, contributions rather than policing threads which are distasteful to you?

It is a mind-boggling, monumental waste-of-time to post how much you hate a thread. There is a constructive use to disagreeing within a thread when valid points are raised, but there is no value whatsoever to continually complaining about something. Spend your energy and thoughts on a topic of your choosing, PLEASE, and allow those with interest in a prediction threads to use a flag and a star if we see fit and without having to defend our actions.

Geez.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dear ATS,
This is my only prediction I will ever make. This post will fail.
It will be a glorious flaming fail of epic proportion.

That is all.

PS- The person claims to hate the stars and flags. I say you honor their wish and eliminate the stars and flags?
edit on 8-11-2010 by NeverApologize because: Addition

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I predict that this thread will receive many flags. Oh, uh, and there was this giant inflatible giraffe at a parade and the strings came undone, and it careened over the fleeing spectators, and then it toppled forward into a mass of performing cheerleaders. A baton pierced its neck, and as it deflated, several people screamed when it ignited from a carelessly flung cigar. It was like the Hindenburg, only in a small midwest town on a windy fall day. The horror. The horror.

Well, you may wonder why I wrote all of that. Somehow during the course of the giraffe incident, I was struck by a vision... An important vision. A voice said: "Prediction threads on ATS will become as dry as the desert."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I honestly don’t believe in coincidences, but just pointing out a coincidence doesn’t mean you have drawn the correct conclusion from that.

Anyone can look at their watch when the train pulls into the station and realize the train is late, anyone can say the train is late, few people though will ever know how to pull all the logistical elements needed to make a train run on time and pull them all together to make the train run on time.

So I don’t believe we should ignore coincidences, but I do believe its contingent upon us to seriously explore in a far better and responsible way what those coincidences infer.

Wild speculation and hypothesis and conjecture aren’t a real substitute for real world, real time investigation and research.

My biggest problem is how people approach these prediction threads like they are video games or Las Vegas contests of chance, where the object it to guess right! That the more people you can get to say what you just guessed is credible the more credible it actually is.

Life often imitates art, and is often stranger than fiction too, yet we don’t know if life was simply imitating art, or the art had a more direct impact on events.

Why don’t we know? Because these threads promote the idea that being a conspiracy theorist is simply having a theory and plugging it into Google to find something, anything that supports that theory.

That’s not honest investigation though, and while it might uncover loads of entertaining information, it’s not likely to produce any pertinent or relevant information to understanding what coincidences really mean.

The methodology is what becomes questionable and after 80 some pages of posts, and theories, and speculations, the truth is that particular thread is no closer to finding a conclusive answer as far as who, what, when, where and how, those coincidences occurred than it did on the first page and the first post.

You mention that there is no real information being uncovered to really find out the true who, what, when, where and how of a conspiracy and by golly you are a disinformation agent, like its all a team sport of who can out fear, out shout, out crazy, out confuse, out dazzle the other guy.

Then to top it all off are the people who say, well it didn’t happen because we exposed it!

Yeah, what did you expose? Names, ranks and serial numbers please? Organizations, bank accounts, and known affiliations please?

The only thing that’s been really exposed is if the powers that be’s greatest threat are the people using that kind of methodology, that there is no threat to them at all.

The only thing that really got exposed in that thread is life imitates art and there are some bizarre coincidences in the world, if you were looking for something more concrete and informative than that as to what those coincidences really mean, you were definitely looking in the wrong place!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Because of all these false predictions i will never pay real attention to any of them anymore, and i really hope that come 2012 nothing happens.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I still am having a hard time understanding how this is so incredibly infuriating for some.

I come here every day or ever other day and sift through the same "self-proclaimed" garbage you all do yet I never complain about it like this. I don't post threads saying please dont star and flag threads I DONT FIND INTERESTING! Because ultimately that is what this is about and what is being said. Because you deem it silly and find no interest, no one else should either...right? Am I right or are you trying to save the ATS community from ridicule from who? lol gimmie a break...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join