It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
It is now Monday November 8, 2010. 5:30 am EST. I was planning to wait until the 14th to make this post, but why put off till tomorrow what I can do today?

Over the last several weeks we have had an unbelievable amount of threads predicting doom in November of 2010. The amount of threads are countless. Having been here at ATS for many years, I have seen a lot of prediction threads come and go. It seems like so many people are trying to tie pieces of information together to be the guy/girl who "predicts" the next false flag event. I have seen some very good predictions based on very real evidence. I have seen some predictions that sound reasonable. I have also seen predictions based on nothing more than a "feeling". Of course, channeled predictions are certainly the most entertaining. I love it when an Alien, Spirit Guide, time traveler, Jesus, God, and even the Easter Bunny tells someone what the future holds. I can't lie, those are my favorites strictly for entertainment reasons. I have seen so many predictions come and go, but not once can I recall a month like November when so many predictions have come out from so many different sources all pointing to the same moment in time.

This thread is more of a plea than anything else. I have to be blunt, I have grown very tired of seeing prediction threads skyrocket to the top of the ATS boards. Posted in bold letters on the home page like it was some great piece of work. Some amazing research that is must see. I'm sick of seeing that. The truth is, it makes everyone who visits this site, and takes the time to read these "prediction" threads perceive us all as idiots. Really think about it. If I were your neighbor and I came to your home, knocked on your door and told you, "Hey! There is going to be a nuclear strike tomorrow. You must be prepared! Stock up on food and water right away, and be ready to bug out because I am not sure where it is going to hit, but I can tell you it will happen!" I would imagine the rest of our conversation would go as follows...

You: Thanks for warning me Mr. Wendal, how do you know this is going to happen?

MrWendal: I found out from a computer program. It told me that something would happen this month, I was not sure what day it was going to happen, but then I watched a cartoon that told the exact date and time.

You: A computer program and a cartoon? Thanks for stopping by.

At which point I would imagine you would lock your doors and windows and tell your family to stay away from the crazy guy next door. Yet here on ATS, these threads get so much attention and are given validity based on just the same type of "evidence" I provided in my example. I beg you all, STOP starring and flagging these threads. STOP making them the top story here on ATS. STOP making those of us who do not subscribe to these ridiculous predictions look as insane as those who choose to believe it. If you want to keep an eye on a thread because it has interested you, just subscribe to it, but please do not flag and star it to death and soar it to the top of the boards. Let's just recap a bit and see some of the various predictions over the last few years that did make it to the top and became representative of ATS.

We can start with THIS RECENT THREAD with 456 flags. Feel free to go read the OP again as this prediction was based on a cartoon. Be honest, looking back now don't you feel pretty silly?

As I said November has been a busy month for us here at ATS. As evidenced by another November 6th thread with 92 flags warning us all the "something" big is going to happen. I hope by "something big" we are talking about the sun rising and setting since that is all that really happened, but who am I to not believe this OP. After all he has evidence like the fact that the date 11/6/2010

really reasonates with me in a way I cannot explain."
That is obviously some really hardcore evidence, or maybe that "feeling" is just paranoia. In any event, it was worth 92 flags..or was it? We have been waiting for this Nuclear Attack for some time now. Back in June of 2010 we were all warned of our impending doom in THIS THREAD with 142 flags which was based on some secret hexidecimal code that was found in a Comic Strip from a UK newspaper. I will admit that the comic strip is certainly odd, but obviously this OP's decoder ring was not working properly since clearly no attack happened.

Who really needs "feelings", cartoons and decoder rings when we can always just look to the 2010 Dead Prophet thread with 133 flags or this 2010 Hopi Prophesy thread with 99 flags or even this warning from a computer program in this 2009 thread with 75 flags.

We don't need to just rely on the dead people to warn us either. After all we have plenty of people who are living and looking out for us. Just look to this 2010 Thread about Steve Quayle with 44 flags or even the ever popular Alex Jones thread with 55 flags or even This Guy with 74 flags in 2008 who had 100% accuracy with his predictions. Just buy his book and he will tell you all about it. Of course you don;'t want to forget how we always believe unnamed sources. Especially if they work for any of the alphabet agencies or a part of the Nation Guard or Military as shown in This 2009 thread with 126 flags. However, no unnamed source can ever take the place of Time Travelers who come back to save us all from ourselves.

These threads are nothing new. Not too long ago Economic Doom was the flavor of the week as shown in This 2008 thread with 88 flags but it never came quick enough so we had refresh our doom in this 2009 thread with 161 flags so we could be prepared to get into the food line or stock up on plenty of ammo so we can defend our homes or kill our neighbors for a slice of bread. However, make sure you are very very careful about your lawlessness because it will just be an excuse to declare Martial Law and gather us all into FEMA camps as we learned in this 2008 thread with 98 flags. Try not to laugh yet, because that thread has some real evidence. It has pictures of our first class transportation to that FEMA camp. Feel free to click the link and look at those pictures and laugh to yourself. That's right, 98 flags for pictures of Cattle Cars. Maybe some people just need the attention. If you need a quick attention fix, try making a Web Bot thread. Those are always good 25-40 flags and a handful of stars, but that is the limit no matter how much doom Web Bot and Cliff tell you is coming.

Are we all just stupid? What is it about anonymous sources, media personalities, Authors and Channelers that just turn off our brains and make us forget how to stop and think? Looking back on any of the above threads, you can not tell me you are not having a good chuckle and wondering how these threads got so many flags. Then again, maybe it is me who is the crazy one. Maybe I just don't see it. Maybe...just maybe Blossum Goodhumor had it right in her 2008 thread worth 105 flags all along. I mean after all, they are still on the way right? These 92 flags couldn't be wrong.

So please, stop the madness. Stop flagging this nonsense to death. If it interest you, don't flag- just subscribe to the thread so you can visit it as often as you like. With all the good stuff that is here on ATS it would be a real shame to see it get over shadowed by this silliness anymore than it already has. However, I predict that we will see more of this nonsense. I know this because I channeled the spirit of Elvis. He is doing well, but very angry that people are downloading his songs and not paying for it and he will show you proof his anger on November 14th 2010 by stopping Web Bot's "tipping point" dead in it's tracks. When my prediction is proven correct, Elvis expects you all to dress up like him and hold a free concert in front of your local Mental Institution. He would prefer you sing Jailhouse Rock and All Shook Up because the patients will really enjoy it, but make sure you flag this prediction to the moon before you go. As proof that my prediction is accurate, Elvis says that tomorrow the sun will rise and later on it will set and all day long water will be wet.
Long live the King!

I have had dreams with the 1111 phenomena many people ascribe too. Since the first instance I continually get feelings of Dejavu and a surreal feeling from the most simplest moments. It is like I am living a dream. In a stream of consciousness alcohol induced, but not my voice, I warned of November eleventh, not that it would be fatal but that an important event would transpire on that day.

I worry for my son and his future in these and that could be the factor which the date seem foreboding to me. But my dreams have not been visions since that 1111 incident but yet my life is a dream with symbols all around me. My mind feels attuned and obligated to notice these symbols. I would rather I be found insane than to be revealed a future with of which I hav no solution presented.

My lack of much understanding puts in a spot where I doubt my own self. But I know from experience the lucid visions I have always come true, although they are usually cryptic when it finally plays out I understand it all and wonder to myself, " now why I didnt get it in the dream until now?"

I apologize for the lack of tangible evidence but I am a voice crying out for some form of guidance. It is scary not to know how to interpret or control your "gifts". Thank You...... ATS is the last hope.... someone on here will figure it all out. The people without fear to imagine and confront the most farfecthed but yet most obvious hidden truths. Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good or bad, right or wrong, how can you waste peoples time with a thread about not liking peoples threads? Do they not have the same right as you to post on here? Did you know with absolute certainty that said prediction would not occur until after the date? No, nobody does..

What i DO know is that you have the ability to ignore threads which you obviously dislike just the same as posters of predictions can ignore this one of yours... It's called a "prediction" for a reason, they're predicting something that may or may not happen. It's up to the individual to chose whether they accept it or not or to do what you should apparently do and simply ignore it...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Fantastic post. S&F.

I couldnt agree with you more. I like a good old 'crazy' conspiracy as much as the next guy,even if only for entertainment value, but there are hard working people and information which is being overshadowed by other peoples non-sense / paranoia / superstitious beliefs / gut feelings.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I have yet to see any predicted event on this site come true without having the poster bend words and several truths but on the other hand maybe evil is not able to happen when the plan is exposed so who really knows. I wouldn't call a stop to all prediction threads, as a reader of the posts in this site you just have to make an educated distiction from the real and fake and the attetion seekers. I think a lot of people on this site and in the world want the world to change but I think their personal desires for it to happen are causing people to bend truths.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

What a great post!! Can we also add no more blatantly obvious gay-bashing/homophobic topics thinly disguised as White House hiring conspiracies...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think if we take into account the ratio of people who actually use the flagging mechanism and the amount of traffic that ATS gets we will find what the real problem is.

I would imagine there are thousands of people who visit ATS on a daily basis. Then lets say there are a few hundred who use it regularly and scores that are a little "to into it." I think those that may go a little to far with conspiracies and such are wrapped up in this type of addiction/ fear/ wish that some alternate reality play out in front of them. This is nothing new btw, all through recorded history there have been people who have predicted and failed in doing so the end of the world. Religions and their leaders are especially miserable at this. So anyway these same people flag the topics and threads that are the most in line with their wishes and thinking. This happens again and again whenever a small twist gets thrown in the pot such as when a cartoon with questionable insignia is highlighted. The scenarios again play out in the readers mind and become romanticized and therefore important. This romantification of the end of the world is nothing out of the ordinary though. Look at Hollywood for example. Full of very entertaining end of the world movies that gather the attention of millions of viewers on a constant basis.

So where does that leave the rest of ATS who like to be here for entertainment purposes or real research into things they wish to know more about? In a position to be either constantly downplaying the predictions and doom or to ignore it and flag the relevant threads that deserve it. I think the solution is to get more people to flag the more legitimate threads. But unfortunately I think thats fighting an uphill battle. It just aint gunna happen doc.

So when we see 99 flags for some odd thread that uses no logic and little evidence to promote an absurd idea, we are seeing those scores of people that are a bit to far into this topic of doom, but I believe they are really just a drop in the bucket of how many people actualy see the thread but just decide to move on. Once again as the old adage goes, those that scream the loudest get heard the most.

There is one thing Id like to propose...the anti flag. Maybe another box to the right of the flag box that allows you to click it if you think the thread is absurd and does not merit the attention of the rest of the community. I can see that idea being a problem in political forums, so maybe something like this can be used in discretion by the moderators. I dunno, just a thought.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Predictions don't have to come true to be valid.

They are highlighting potential situations from which
we can gain much preparedness from discussing.

Being perfect doesn't always mean being flawless.
One can be more perfect by learning from mistakes
and accepting them as part of progress for the better.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Why don't you ignore all the Posts that you don't like? Don't even click on the Post. It's that simple!

I think for you to write a huge expo concerning your *Opinion* on *Predictions* that don't come true and how many Stars and Flags it gets and how it just *drives you nuts?* is ridiculous. (We should feel a little silly over the cartoon prediction because.... huh? Someone thought they were on to something... hiding messages and sneaking codes into literature, music, movies, has been done and has been proven that it's been done....) The Poster put a lot of research, time and effort into that post... and then you come along and say we should feel *silly* over it... (I so want to ask who you are.... butt... I won't..) and then you complain about the way they title their post. Are you kidding me again...?

The Title and Bold print puzzle/confuse you... your saying because someone might read whatever Title they use in their prediction, Example: Nuke Nov 6th. Your saying.... People will not know it's a prediction and get scared and start packing because they read a Nuke is coming in Bold on Nov-6th...in the prediction section of ATS... ? ? ?
Ridiculous...

In a nutshell, I find that your whole post is simply you being aggravated because certain people liked certain posts that you felt were ridiculous and silly. A lot of people liked that post (cartoon prediction post) so they S&F'd it which aggravated you because __________________________________________________.

It's as simple as it always has been. If you don't like someone or something click on the block, ignore or X....

edit on 8-11-2010 by tracehd1 because: An error occured and switched my paragraphs... (scouts honor...lol)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Exactly what I was thinking, then I started laughing because of the Irony.

The OP has really no right to tell people to stop flagging, or to act in a particular manner as long as people adhere to the T&C's of ATS all is well.

Peace.

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

The irony is, your prediction thread has earned 85 flags and counting.

By the way, one of those flags is mine hahaha.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What?nothing happened?are you saying I can come out of my bunker now?

Pfft,I'm also getting tired of feeling paranoid the whole time just because some fool thinks the world is going to end.So far no one has been right.Either way,if the world is going to end I'd rather stay ignorant and enjoy my last hours here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't do predictions but I get a chuckle out of them sometimes. And if one comes true I'll know who to blame for their foreknowledge!!!

But, I worry that if all the predictions stop, then something terrible might happen!!!

Just kidding LOL...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
What?nothing happened?are you saying I can come out of my bunker now?

Pfft,I'm also getting tired of feeling paranoid the whole time just because some fool thinks the world is going to end.So far no one has been right.Either way,if the world is going to end I'd rather stay ignorant and enjoy my last hours here.

stay ignorant on a "deny-ignorance" site?

...classic

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow, you just changed my whole world view. You're right, no group of people are purposely destroying this planet, it's just that all of humanity is greedy and out to screw everyone over. So anyone expecting these people to do more bad things are just delusional and should be locked away in a gulag. It's obvious that we're only told the whole truth and nothing is hidden from us, we have nothing to worry about because if there is something to worry about MSNBC will tell us about it. There's no reason to try to accumulate information and put it together into a potential scenario because we have great investigative journalists working on that. Instead we should just watch sports and let the professionals handle that because they're always correct and objective. It's clear that everything is as it should be, this is about the highest we can evolve and we should just get used to this standard of living because there is no way for our society to be any better. All those in positions of power are looking out for our best good and no advanced technology would ever be held from the public. 9/11 happened because Muslims hate our freedoms and our intelligence agencies didn't see it as a real threat, one they were training for that day. And Pelosi only wanted us to pass HC so we could see all the good stuff in it. Aliens don't exist and we're the only sentient beings in the entire universe, no others will be made, and there's no God, the universe and us are just cosmic accidents or a little missteps. There is a police state only because the people in charge are concerned about our safety and security, and fluoride is in our water to help our teeth. The atomic bomb had to be dropped on two major cities, and the government only funds good terrorists. A globalized world would be a great place and NAFTA was a resounding success for all those involved. We were all told we had to get swine flu shots because the medical industry really cares about our health and cannabis is illegal because Mexicans will smoke it, go crazy, and kill white people. Poor people are just lazy and people in third world countries deserve what they have because they elected their leadership. I could keep going on, but thank you for changing my views on everything, where did all my sense go? Thank you for letting me know that there is nothing to worry about, I'm gonna go watch TV now and stop worrying about our future, the 10 o'clock news will tell me about any important double homicides. It's so nice to know that nothing bad will happen in the future, thanks for looking out for us. And you know what, I'm so sick and tired of people posting predictions in the predictions section, it's like people posting their personal alien experiences in the alien section, I mean...c'mon, do they think they own it or something?
edit on 8-11-2010 by SincerelySarcastic because: Someone tried to sell their baby in a parking lot the other day

edit on 8-11-2010 by SincerelySarcastic because: Nothing is hidden from us, we're the best we could be, and the future only holds hope and happiness

edit on 8-11-2010 by SincerelySarcastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can appreciate the op's frustration at the wild and unfounded predictions.
However, expecting to stop them and participation in them at this site is like going to church and expecting no one to mention God or the Bible.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

yup,why not?Still my life.I can choose on what I wanna focus.

Rather an ignorant ass than a paranoid freak who believes every thread that proclaims the end is coming.

Though...

makes me think of that story bout the boy who cryed wolf!wolf!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by Sly1one

yup,why not?Still my life.I can choose on what I wanna focus.

Rather an ignorant ass than a paranoid freak who believes every thread that proclaims the end is coming.

Though...

makes me think of that story bout the boy who cryed wolf!wolf!

Oh no by all means please continue doing as you wish, just thought I would point out the irony is all.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I agree (obviously). I really think it makes all of us look stupid.

What would make us "look more stupid" is having a collection of clues, and deciding not to follow them to their sad or worthy outcome. What makes the site look truly "stupid" at times is the half-baked threads pumped out which are frivolity, too generalized to mean anything, or are based on how we feel about this topic or that topic leading to pointless discussion. (Probably the ones we overlooked OP)?

Heaven forbid you ever appear stupid to outsiders. But on your behalf I will add this. I encourage all posters to spend the rest of the day with a book of their choice from the following list, and not post again until they complete it.

English Dictionary
War and Peace
The Bible
Modern Grammar
Idiot's Guide to HTML
Physics Made Simple

"The truth of it is, learning, like traveling, as it finishes good sense; so it makes a silly man ten thousand times more insufferable, by supplying variety of matter to his impertinence, and giving him an opportunity of abounding in absurdities". Joseph Addison

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Mmm,right....why do i get the feeling you picked me out of the lot just to be an ass?everyone uses that argument...deny ignorance..blah blah.

It's ignorant to believe any one man can predict the future when the future is constantly changing.

Eventually they'll get lucky because at the rate they're going now there's a prediction for every day.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbblonde

What a great post!! Can we also add no more blatantly obvious gay-bashing/homophobic topics thinly disguised as White House hiring conspiracies...

Why don't you compile a list - open to all ATS members, of threads they would like to see censored. That way, no-one will have to worry about feeling angry or embarrassed about threads on ATS ever again - because there won't be any threads and ATS will have shut down..
edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
same

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join