It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+237 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It is now Monday November 8, 2010. 5:30 am EST. I was planning to wait until the 14th to make this post, but why put off till tomorrow what I can do today?

Over the last several weeks we have had an unbelievable amount of threads predicting doom in November of 2010. The amount of threads are countless. Having been here at ATS for many years, I have seen a lot of prediction threads come and go. It seems like so many people are trying to tie pieces of information together to be the guy/girl who "predicts" the next false flag event. I have seen some very good predictions based on very real evidence. I have seen some predictions that sound reasonable. I have also seen predictions based on nothing more than a "feeling". Of course, channeled predictions are certainly the most entertaining. I love it when an Alien, Spirit Guide, time traveler, Jesus, God, and even the Easter Bunny tells someone what the future holds. I can't lie, those are my favorites strictly for entertainment reasons. I have seen so many predictions come and go, but not once can I recall a month like November when so many predictions have come out from so many different sources all pointing to the same moment in time.

This thread is more of a plea than anything else. I have to be blunt, I have grown very tired of seeing prediction threads skyrocket to the top of the ATS boards. Posted in bold letters on the home page like it was some great piece of work. Some amazing research that is must see. I'm sick of seeing that. The truth is, it makes everyone who visits this site, and takes the time to read these "prediction" threads perceive us all as idiots. Really think about it. If I were your neighbor and I came to your home, knocked on your door and told you, "Hey! There is going to be a nuclear strike tomorrow. You must be prepared! Stock up on food and water right away, and be ready to bug out because I am not sure where it is going to hit, but I can tell you it will happen!" I would imagine the rest of our conversation would go as follows...

You: Thanks for warning me Mr. Wendal, how do you know this is going to happen?

MrWendal: I found out from a computer program. It told me that something would happen this month, I was not sure what day it was going to happen, but then I watched a cartoon that told the exact date and time.

You: A computer program and a cartoon? Thanks for stopping by.

At which point I would imagine you would lock your doors and windows and tell your family to stay away from the crazy guy next door. Yet here on ATS, these threads get so much attention and are given validity based on just the same type of "evidence" I provided in my example. I beg you all, STOP starring and flagging these threads. STOP making them the top story here on ATS. STOP making those of us who do not subscribe to these ridiculous predictions look as insane as those who choose to believe it. If you want to keep an eye on a thread because it has interested you, just subscribe to it, but please do not flag and star it to death and soar it to the top of the boards. Let's just recap a bit and see some of the various predictions over the last few years that did make it to the top and became representative of ATS.

We can start with THIS RECENT THREAD with 456 flags. Feel free to go read the OP again as this prediction was based on a cartoon. Be honest, looking back now don't you feel pretty silly?

As I said November has been a busy month for us here at ATS. As evidenced by another November 6th thread with 92 flags warning us all the "something" big is going to happen. I hope by "something big" we are talking about the sun rising and setting since that is all that really happened, but who am I to not believe this OP. After all he has evidence like the fact that the date 11/6/2010

really reasonates with me in a way I cannot explain."
That is obviously some really hardcore evidence, or maybe that "feeling" is just paranoia. In any event, it was worth 92 flags..or was it? We have been waiting for this Nuclear Attack for some time now. Back in June of 2010 we were all warned of our impending doom in THIS THREAD with 142 flags which was based on some secret hexidecimal code that was found in a Comic Strip from a UK newspaper. I will admit that the comic strip is certainly odd, but obviously this OP's decoder ring was not working properly since clearly no attack happened.

Who really needs "feelings", cartoons and decoder rings when we can always just look to the 2010 Dead Prophet thread with 133 flags or this 2010 Hopi Prophesy thread with 99 flags or even this warning from a computer program in this 2009 thread with 75 flags.

We don't need to just rely on the dead people to warn us either. After all we have plenty of people who are living and looking out for us. Just look to this 2010 Thread about Steve Quayle with 44 flags or even the ever popular Alex Jones thread with 55 flags or even This Guy with 74 flags in 2008 who had 100% accuracy with his predictions. Just buy his book and he will tell you all about it. Of course you don;'t want to forget how we always believe unnamed sources. Especially if they work for any of the alphabet agencies or a part of the Nation Guard or Military as shown in This 2009 thread with 126 flags. However, no unnamed source can ever take the place of Time Travelers who come back to save us all from ourselves.

These threads are nothing new. Not too long ago Economic Doom was the flavor of the week as shown in This 2008 thread with 88 flags but it never came quick enough so we had refresh our doom in this 2009 thread with 161 flags so we could be prepared to get into the food line or stock up on plenty of ammo so we can defend our homes or kill our neighbors for a slice of bread. However, make sure you are very very careful about your lawlessness because it will just be an excuse to declare Martial Law and gather us all into FEMA camps as we learned in this 2008 thread with 98 flags. Try not to laugh yet, because that thread has some real evidence. It has pictures of our first class transportation to that FEMA camp. Feel free to click the link and look at those pictures and laugh to yourself. That's right, 98 flags for pictures of Cattle Cars. Maybe some people just need the attention. If you need a quick attention fix, try making a Web Bot thread. Those are always good 25-40 flags and a handful of stars, but that is the limit no matter how much doom Web Bot and Cliff tell you is coming.

Are we all just stupid? What is it about anonymous sources, media personalities, Authors and Channelers that just turn off our brains and make us forget how to stop and think? Looking back on any of the above threads, you can not tell me you are not having a good chuckle and wondering how these threads got so many flags. Then again, maybe it is me who is the crazy one. Maybe I just don't see it. Maybe...just maybe Blossum Goodhumor had it right in her 2008 thread worth 105 flags all along. I mean after all, they are still on the way right? These 92 flags couldn't be wrong.

So please, stop the madness. Stop flagging this nonsense to death. If it interest you, don't flag- just subscribe to the thread so you can visit it as often as you like. With all the good stuff that is here on ATS it would be a real shame to see it get over shadowed by this silliness anymore than it already has. However, I predict that we will see more of this nonsense. I know this because I channeled the spirit of Elvis. He is doing well, but very angry that people are downloading his songs and not paying for it and he will show you proof his anger on November 14th 2010 by stopping Web Bot's "tipping point" dead in it's tracks. When my prediction is proven correct, Elvis expects you all to dress up like him and hold a free concert in front of your local Mental Institution. He would prefer you sing Jailhouse Rock and All Shook Up because the patients will really enjoy it, but make sure you flag this prediction to the moon before you go. As proof that my prediction is accurate, Elvis says that tomorrow the sun will rise and later on it will set and all day long water will be wet.
Long live the King!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You sound smart so just ignore the obvious threads.
I'm new and I just laughed at them.
Didn't bother me in the slightest and I'm certainly not woried about flags, what are they?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Brilliantly put together post mate.

I 100% agree with you.

The prediction threads are getting out of hand and is getting ridiculous. And afterwards, you never hear from the person that posted it again. Fear of ridicule, or blatant troll? Hard to say, but one has got to be the truth.

I have never starred or flagged a prediction thread, and that is the way it will stay forever. There has been so many predicitions now, it is getting to the point where almost everyday something might happen now.

VvV

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
S+F for awesomeness.

Good research, well cited, pertinent issue within our community and easy to read.

Well done!!

I don't think it will achieve anything from the membership but an excellent post all round.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The prediction threads are getting out of hand and is getting ridiculous. And afterwards, you never hear from the person that posted it again. Fear of ridicule, or blatant troll? Hard to say, but one has got to be the truth.

Funny you should say that because the member that started this thread went offline right after posting it!!!
hmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

He's back online just now.

Seems a fews mins away after putting together s huge post with links and quotes is the done thing.

He probably made a coffee.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

lol

The op seems to be a long time member of ats, and is definately not a troll or attention seeker. He made a very good point in his post, one which i support fully.

I know you were being sarcastic, or tongue in cheek. This is just to clarify it for people that might not have the ability to read sarcasm ( i have experienced it many times ).

VvV

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Funny you should say that because the member that started this thread went offline right after posting it!!!
hmmmmmmm

Actually I didn't sign off at all.. but it is almost my bedtime lol

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more! I don't usually pay attention to the 'please stop with the....' threads as they seem like the sort of people who just want their own stars and flags, but your post was great, loved some of your examples! Good work

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It does seem to be a growing trend. Nowadays every 4th thread some so-called psychic claims they have "a bad feeling" about a particular date, scrutinizing any piece of information for coincidences or patterns that indicate possible dates of devastation, extinction, etc.

Anyhow, I flagged the thread because I think more people need to see this. Also, gave you a star for your post, I feel the same frustration. I have no idea how some of these ridiculous threads grow so huge.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Spot on! Star and Flag. These prediction threads are the definition of pure ignorance and I hate seeing them on ATS. I cant think of anything more ignorant than telling the world they are going to die based on some date that appeared in your cereal this morning or a crackpot Youtube video.

Down with the predicters!! They make the whole of ATS look stupid.

Great Argument!

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I agree ENTIRELY.

Just like all those braindead morons that believe in CONSPIRACIES
tin hat idiots the LOT of them.

Look man, ridicule all you want, but 400 people apparently watched the video, and believed it was worth attention. For the record, more than half the thread was people complaining about the thread. What am i missing here? Have TPTB infiltrated us to this extent that they now wish to control what we discuss ???

It was in PREDICTIONS, i've posted other material there before, no it didn't come true, so what?

Whatever happened to "live and let live"? And frankly, i OBJECT to this constant mantra of "self censorship" that is being foisted on us (both in real life and by "the enlightened ones" here!!! ENOUGH. Your post, and suggestion sucks.

Are people THIS thin skinned??????

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
While i do see that the predictions have gotten "out of hand", that is what this site is for cant really hate on them. If its something stupid that has no evidence to back it up just simply don't read it. Im not gonna stop living my life because i read some ridiculous prediction. If something happens then we deal with it when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Its not censorship by any group in particular. Its just that people dont like it if you pee in the public swimming pool. If you know what I mean.
(Prediction Thread = pee, ATS = Public Swimming Pool)
edit on 8-11-2010 by Pryde87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

No probs but I just think this thread will turn into exactly what you are complaining about..
Much ado about nothing with lots of stars and flags..
Then someone can start another thread whinging about threads like this cramping up the board.

And thats beside the fact I agree there are too many silly threads but I choose to ignore most.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I agree (obviously). I really think it makes all of us look stupid. Just looking back at those threads is it any wonder why people view those who frequent sites like this as tin foil hat wearing morons? When I log on to ATS and the big story I see is some prediction like the 400+ flag thread about a Simpson's cartoon, I wonder what some new person who just stumbled across this site might think. It really is a shame. There is some outstanding work and research done here on alternative topics that may never be seen because that new guy saw this nonsense and laughed until he fell from his chair and hurt himself.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I kind of agree with your OP but you have to take into consideration that most of the predictions threads are posted in the "Predictions Section" of ATS...thus I have no problem people flagging them if it's obviously a good thread in that specific forum.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I agree ENTIRELY.

Just like all those braindead morons that believe in CONSPIRACIES
tin hat idiots the LOT of them.

Look man, ridicule all you want, but 400 people apparently watched the video, and believed it was worth attention. For the record, more than half the thread was people complaining about the thread. What am i missing here? Have TPTB infiltrated us to this extent that they now wish to control what we discuss ???

It was in PREDICTIONS, i've posted other material there before, no it didn't come true, so what?

Whatever happened to "live and let live"? And frankly, i OBJECT to this constant mantra of "self censorship" that is being foisted on us (both in real life and by "the enlightened ones" here!!! ENOUGH. Your post, and suggestion sucks.

Are people THIS thin skinned??????

Maybe you misunderstood me. I am not talking about censorship. I have not said at any time that others should not discuss it. What I did suggest is not flagging it to the top of the boards, but instead use the "subscribe" feature. It allows you to keep track of a thread and get back to it easily. That is a far cry from censorship.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
S & F for you. I too am tired of all these prediction threads, and those who make prediction threads stating obvious things that of course are going to happen just to be sarcastic. Why not keep their comments to the existing prediction threads instead of making new ones just to make a point. Your post is just saying it how it is and voicing the opinion of possibly many ATSers. I hope that something is done about it as I'd hate to see our valued contributers leave ATS because of all this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Intresting topic.

I wonder if someone who is flagging these threads, after reading a thread like this would stop flagging these threads. I mean, if this was there eyeopenener.. come on.

In the realm of ATS flags and stars are only there to show positiveness, that is why we don't have
's and "false" flags to our equipment to express our view without posting. Obviously in real, it is used differently

Don't you think those threads are for a part flagged just because of the complaining posts?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join