It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we the only ones who feel something dire is coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I personally think alot of you are probably new to this, and that you do not understand your feelings with regard to the side of you that is there to give you such feelings.

Most here get carried away on the ride that is ats, without thinking what really does it mean. You have alot of inexperienced peopel here i would guess plus trolls trying to push there feelings onto others.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Something has to happen. It's inevitable.

Are things going to get better and better, or worse and worse? Your heart knows the answer to this.

Eventually, things will get so bad that even fluoride won't stop people rising up.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think it's because you guys read a lot of doom and gloom and take it quite seriously. I don't feel nothing.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Hunches you say....what about these predictions about the November 6th and 7th...days of nuclear war and shear terror...and interestingly enough the many people who respond and agree that things are going to happen. All we focus on is the bad and nobody is keeping track of the good things..you guys that are new to this and are getting spooked by all this disinformation can rest assure that time marches on and you are more likely to have an anvil fall on your head courtesy of ACME than nuclear war in this lifetime. The threat will always be there because that's the way governments run...peace my friends

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I read this earlier today and thought of this thread:

[Financial institution Fannie Mae] just asked for another $2.5 billion of your cash, and they will get it too, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And you're right, what's $2.5 billion in the grand scheme of things? Then again, what's 1 in 7 Americans relying on food stamps? What does any of it mean anymore? 17% U6 unemployment? 4 million 2010 foreclosures, many of which are based on at least shaky, and pretty likely illegal, papers?

If that doesn't have enough meaning to move media attention away from rallies to restore whatever it is that apparently needs restoration, what will? 1 in 3 on food stamps? 40% jobless? Tent cities around every major city? $25 trillion in quantitative easing?

More at:
theautomaticearth.blogspot.com...

edit on 11/8/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Why do so many current ATS threads state "started on November 11, 2010" when it is November 9 today???

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well I recently wanted to know something along similiar lines and came up with the old Cognitive Dissonance.

The most famous case in the early study of cognitive dissonance was described by Leon Festinger and others in the book When Prophecy Fails. The authors infiltrated a group that was expecting the imminent end of the world on a certain date. When that prediction failed, the movement did not disintegrate, but grew instead. By sharing cult beliefs with others, they gained acceptance and thus reduced their own dissonance

It seems there are those who think something is going to happen, won't give up until it does - even if it takes the rest of their lives - and prefer the company of others who think similarly in the meantime.
And for others, I'd say it's a case of - they sense something is going to happen, but what can they do about it anyway, and so prefer to ignore/deny it until it actually happens. Or until they have to act and do something about it because it can no longer be ignored.
Both are apparently coping mechanisms for CD. I think most people fall into the latter category who aren't CTers.

It seems though CD and CTs go hand in hand a LOT. If you believe in CTs, at some point, you are going to have CD, so it's good to know what it is, what it feels like and what you can do/avoid doing to cope with it.

Just a thought.........

edit on 9-11-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by Skippy1138
The fact that we are on this website right now shows that we are "awake"......
Some people are, some people aren't.....

It's exactly this sort of comment that gets us branded as paranoid fear mongers. This is our cue to label everyone else as 'sheeple' is it not? Oh how smug and superior we sound.....
On the other hand, it could simply be that at least half of us here are barking mad.

edit on 7-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

Wow- please show in my post where I am displaying paranoia and fear-mongering? And you completely didn't get what I was trying to say if you think I was being "smug" and view myself as "superior"......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join