It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we the only ones who feel something dire is coming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Let me say off of the bat other than the financial horrors we are facing I personally do not feel a rumbling in my gut that something horrific is upon us. I listen attentively to the conversations at work, at the local bars around family etc. and know one seems to be discussing it. It only appears that on these such websites that you hear about this information. Believe me I a big fan of ufology and conspiracy stuff but why are people that delve into these topics the only ones who feel it?

Now some may say that they probably do but don't know how to convey it...possible but please think back to the last time around the water cooler someone said that for other than the reasons of our economy that they felt that some impending doom was coming such as metors, plaigues, nuclear war or even a terrorist attack. But know means am I being a wise guy or trying to insult anyone. I'm just making the connection that if we live in this type of environment which perpetuates feelings of hopelessness and or anxiety it's only natural that it transfers to the inner core in all of us...I'm on here a few times a day and sometimes I just need a break from this stuff...thoughts and again I'm not trying to be a wise guy and I'm not looking to offend. I'm simply going by my gutt....thoughts?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah I've been having this same feeling but it's difficult to put much into it since it could just be the imagination working over time with some help from the constant flow of doom prediction threads lately. Don't put too much into it but don't disregard it either and just stay ever mindful of the possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Many people do "feel" something these days - it's just that a lot of people find different ways of expressing their fear. Riots in France, the Tea Party movement in the US, an increase in Islamic nations turning to Shariah principles... all manifestations of this generic panic that is sweeping through us all.

I know that everyone in my world is nervous right now, mostly about job security and financial issues. And I know people from all classes. Even the rich are presently afraid and agitated. It's just that not all of us get this feeling and attribute it to 2012, disclosure, or any of the more extreme concepts.

I think change is coming soon... I just don't know the form it will take. Politically speaking, the world is headed for some sort of schism or alteration.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I know that some of my coworkers feel that something is wrong. It seems to be the main topic of conversation around the water cooler. Mostly it's about the rampaging earth and weather anomalies. Personally, I feel that with all the talk of 2012, people are just getting scared because it won't be long until that date and no one really knows what to expect. Whether anything happens or not doesn't really matter at this point, it's just the hype.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The people at the "water cooler"s and typical situations are busy with every-day-to-day life and likely have never had the time or interest in such topics. "We" are all here, because quite obviously everybody who sought out such a site is searching for something that they have felt, and it is a large community.

Ignorance, schedules, family-life, priorities ... take your pick, they are all contributors. This does not in any way suggest that 'we' are all seeking self destruction and conjuring up prophecies to fulfill our own egoic 'niche' nature. It simply means that a certain number of people have the time and or interest/lifestyle to be "aware".

Something is coming.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The fact that we are on this website right now shows that we are "awake"......
Some people are, some people aren't.....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have found over the years that many people have a great ability to bury their heads in the sand and let everything wash right over them. Also most of us lead busy lives and for most people this is their focus, kids, family, mortgage, work, whatever?

The only 'doom and gloom' comments I ever hear from people I see regularly are about the economy and sometimes about our new coalition government here in the UK (how it wont last). Anything more serious than that would seem too 'out there' for most I believe.

I think people on this site are naturally more observant/perceptive of the world around them. Personally I came here originally looking for opinions on topics that I just couldnt find anywhere else. I have also had a feeling for a long time that something is going to happen. I dont know what? I guess I'll find out when it does?

If you are not careful you could get bogged down in the doom and gloom prediction threads. I suppose you just need to take them with a pinch of salt.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

i agree, i think it's a lack of being responsible that is the problem, people want to wash it all away rather than doing something that means they have to take responsibility.

they leave it to somebody else to sort out, and then go back to eastenders.

its not a gut feeling for me, you can see it in peoples actions, that things cannot continue without change, i feel because of peoples lack of being bothered about anything outside their homes, the change will be for the worse.
because evil can do as it pleases.
edit on 5-11-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by lifeform11 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Im afraid you may be correct there. Soceity as a whole seems to have this idea that everything should be done for it. Perhaps its a sign of the technological times we live in, everything on demand at all times. Labour saving devices at every turn.

People are forgetting how easy they have it. Like you say, as long as Eastenders is on their not bothered. If something big were to happen I doubt many would know how to deal with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I dunno we are awake but the big November 6th prediction has gone poof...now predictions have been moved up....this is perpetual purgatory...and we keep falling for this stuff

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's because the general public has been brainwashed to be more interested into finding out who is going to be booted off "Dancing With The Stars", "American Idol" or "Survivor" this week than to rally pay attention to politics, the news, or the financial markets.

Sheeple have been made to believe that politics is boring, that the news is violent and boring, and that financial markets are overly complicated, and boring.

This is by design, TPTB would be horrified if the average person actually paid attention to what they were doing.

If the sheeple actually woke up and paid attention to what was happening, the politicians and the bankers wouldn't be able to get away with what they do.

I was at a work meeting last week, on the day that our Provincial Premier (the same status as an American Governor) quit due to massive unpopularity. Most of us were discussing the issue. One lady in her 40's spoke up and said "I can't believe I'm sitting at a table with a bunch of people talking politics", and this was on a day that the guy in overall charge of our Province quit his job, less than two hours before, and she couldn't care less, and genuinely couldn't understand why we thought this was important.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lupin

Strangely, I started feeling like this impending something was coming for about the last month, but I have been avoiding this place for about six months because of all the ridiculous posts here so that wasn't it. In fact, I came back here a few days ago just to see if there was anything that might explain why I have felt like this because I have been having actual anxiety attacks that are getting worse and starting to freak me out, this is totally not like me. Then I see a billion different posts about this month and now i have to wonder.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
To some extent, I think the average person feels more helpless than in the past, unable to positively effect their perceptions of a world in crisis. Part of this might be that we're more connected and bombarded with information than ever before in our recorded history.

I've been hearing what I think is an ever-increasing "doominess" from people around me -- people I don't initiate discussions of this nature with. It's everywhere, even on MSM, and is probably difficult to avoid unless a person removes themselves from the onslaught of information.

Are we perceiving something or just perceiving each others' fears? I don't know. I don't really think it's a new thing, this doominess -- I just think barriers are being broken down that more of us feel comfortable discussing it, without being automatically being branded a wingnut.
edit on 6/11/10 by argentus because: spelin'

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
...i dont feel this "thing" that so many claim to feel... maybe i'm too old, seen too much, a bit jaded, too stubborn, too tired - whatever...

Originally posted by MavRck
"We" are all here, because quite obviously everybody who sought out such a site is searching for something that they have felt

...i'm not searching for anything except distraction...

Originally posted by MavRck
Something is coming.

...theres always been something coming... there always will be... its called the future...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

ATS members are watching and sensing something is not right, many can't put their finger on it, but they have a pretty strong hunch that very tough and strange times are ahead.
To this, I quote what one psychologist once said.

“Trust your hunches.... Hunches are usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.”

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

hope is one of those things just seems pointless. its harder to build than destroy. we wish for an ending that is so awesome that it has no choice but create a better beginning. we feel that doom will happen because its the only way to erase the unhappiness in our lives. we are sick and tired of the day to day bull # and want rid of it. give us a new, in the means of vengeance.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Apart from from the OP, most of the replies here are from posters who have joined this year. If you have been here longer you will find that this fear has been ongoing for years. And nothing ever happens. Exactly like 2012 will be just another year. Its pure paranoia.

It also depends what threads you read on ATS, doom and gloom threads will undoubtedly make you feel uneasy, try laying off them for a while. There's lots of fun to be had on this site which doesn't include scare mongering end of the world threads.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here's the key to how "awakeness" spreads: imagine a pond with a little bit of algae in it, say. Suppose the algae doubles in size each day. If you start out with a tiny, microscopic amount, the growth is going to appear very slow and marginal for a number of days. Then suddenly in the final 3 days, it will cover 25%, 50%, and 100% of the pond, respectively. It will go from this tiny, out-of-the-way phenomenon imacting a tiny corner of the pond to something that swallows the whole thing in three big gulps. That's how it grows. Suddenly everyone will be "aware."

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
generally, the CT crowd sees the present cultural, social, political, paradigms as being at the breaking-point,

the idea of a gradual change is not a satisfactory idea..the abrupt snapping, or collapsing
of the world systems is a more suitable metaphor for this collective mindset...
as we consider the circumstances of our lives as ultimately unique to this generation alone.

hubris is a foundation stone to this way of thought

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
The fact that we are on this website right now shows that we are "awake"......
Some people are, some people aren't.....

It's exactly this sort of comment that gets us branded as paranoid fear mongers. This is our cue to label everyone else as 'sheeple' is it not? Oh how smug and superior we sound.....
On the other hand, it could simply be that at least half of us here are barking mad.

edit on 7-11-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join